[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hokuto no Ken 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 15

File: 1481985092978.png (560KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481985092978.png
560KB, 720x540px
What does /a/ think about Hokuto no Ken 2?

Why do a lot of the fans pretend it doesn't exist and why is it so disliked?
>>
What the fuck is Hokuto no Ken 2? Is that some stupid fan-fiction that "continues the story" after Raou or something?
>>
See, like this >>157059360
Why do people do this?
>>
It's essentially not canon, HnK ended with Raoh and it was only continued because of a ridiculous amount of money
>>
File: 1464538699533.png (748KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1464538699533.png
748KB, 720x540px
>>157059394
I always see this claim and I NEVER get a source for it.
>>
>>157059429
It's in an interview and if you actually cared you would have found it yourself
fgt
>>
>>157059474
Ah yes, the mythological "IT'S IN AN INTERVIEW, DON'T YOU KNOW FAGGOT?" retort.
As usual, of course without an actual source.
Next thing you'll say that Toriyama said he wanted to end Dragon Ball at Freeza and claim it's also in some legendary interview that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>157059300
I thought it was a filler sequel, then I realized it was canon.
>>
>>157059541
Can you actually give proper criticism instead of "it's bad cause i say it's bad"?

I'm legitimately curious to hear people's opinions but so far all I get is parroting.
>>
>>157059556
>what are your thoughts on HnK2?
>no I meant that you should affirmy own unknown opinion
Kill yourself
>>
>>157059702
Saying "it's bad cuz i say it's bad" is not an argument. You reek of /v/ermin, get cancer and die.
>>
>>157059372
>>157059429
>>157059502
Don't blame others for your own inability to fucking search. This is one of the first results, regardless of your unique google algorithms, when you search "Hokuto no Ken ending interview".

>I: Not that you need to be told, but arguably the most famous scene from Hokuto no ken, and the line “My life, not one thing do I regret!” as Raoh puts his fist to the air is infamous. But to find out that this was something he had planned on drawing no matter what is an exclusive scoop of this interview.
>B: The story might have been different, but how Raoh ends, the pose, that would not have changed.
>I: Oh really!?
>B: In Frank Frazetta's works, there’s an image of a person raising their arm straight up.
>I: Yes.
>B: It was my take on that picture. I thought one day I will make something like this.
>I: Wow, I did not know that last scene had such a back story. Incredible.
>B: Frazetta's had the arm straight up. I made it a little diagonal.
>I: I never knew that!
>B: I had decided, when I draw Raoh's end, I would go with that image.
>I: So when you received the script, you said to yourself "Use it here!!"
>B: No, regarding Raoh's end it was already decided, and then we added what we talked about earlier to it.
>I: That Julia was still alive?
>B: Yes, except I still was set on drawing "that last scene". That didn't change. With Yuria being brought back, that scene got pushed back by a year, but when that time finally game, that's how I drew it.
>I: Interesting!
>B: Although the story ended up not concluding and we kept drawing the following week (Laughs).

There's a different interview, somewhere, in which he says more explicitly that they were simply *told* that they were continuing by the editors/magazine; they were not given any decision in the matter. I simply can't find it at the moment.
>>
>>157059711
go back to r*ddit, faggot
>>
>>157059737
Thanks for not being a faggot and actually semi-providing a source, found it using your notes.
Well, at least this confirms that they did in fact plan to end it at Raoh, HOWEVER it completely shatters this shitty fan rumour how they supposedly were forced to bring back Yuria by the editors. This makes it pretty explicitly clear that it was Buronson's own idea. And it's by far the worst thing abouy HnK1.
>>
File: 479.jpg (94KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
479.jpg
94KB, 640x432px
>What does /a/ think about Hokuto no Ken 2?

Evangelion rip-off.
>>
>>157059809
I couldn't give you the actual source because 4chan thinks I'm a robot if I put it in. Even a picture with the URL in it was detected as a robot, somehow.

A massive issue which causes a lot of problems with contemporary HnK discussion on these kinds of points is the fact that most of the sites on which interviews with the creators are hosted are no longer in existence. The interviews aren't archived, the pages aren't recorded, and [whatever] gets lost to the online sands of time. Seriously, check the citations and references on this page:
http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Hokuto_no_Ken
Out of the 28 given, there are about ~3 links that are actually functional.
>>
>>157059939
Is this bait?
>>
>>157059973
I guess my problem is getting into the franchise too late (aka last year) so I missed the glory days and all the interviews. Even still, you have to understand that there's absolutely nothing wrong with doubting everything and not taking things at face value if there is no actual credible source.
And like I said, even your own source immediately dismissed the seemingly popular "fact" how the Yuria retcon was forced by editors in last minute when in reality Buronson had the entire thing planned a year in advance.
>>
>>157059394
Isn't that the same for Dragon Ball, though? I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was meant to either end with Freeza dying or Cell.
>>
>>157060097
Buckle up.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
>>
>>157060097
tl;dr no
It's literally american meme rumor stemming from people that don't like Cell and Boo.
See >>157060228
>>
I would of liked it (the latter half of the manga, never watch HnK beyond the odd episode and the condensed movie) if EVERYONE IS YOUR BROTHER NOW didn't happen
>>
>>157060350
>EVERYONE IS YOUR BROTHER NOW
Except Jagi. ;_;
>>
>>157060350
>EVERYONE IS YOUR BROTHER NOW
Buronson and Hara wrote a new chapter set between HnK1 and HnK2 for the 30th anniversary of the series.
It has Juza's son called Shoza in it and he dies just as quickly as he is introduced. Made me literally shake my head in disbelief at how retarded it was.
At least it explained how Kokuoh lost one of his eyes.

>>157060377
>Except Jagi. ;_;
At least he got a Gaiden manga which is probably the most tragic story in HnK yet.
>>
>>157059300
Its definitely worse than the first part and the asura arc is a retread of what worked before, so I get the complaints. Still, prentending it doesnt exist is too much. Its good in the tentei arc and ken and ryu shenanigans so I think everyone should at least read that part of the manga once. And I would rather have that than more le silly fun spinoffs.
>>
>>157061316
>Tentei
Why not just say Celestial Emperor? Is it a curse of the HoM shitsubs? It's a title, not a name, it's meant to be translated.
>Ken and Ryu shenanigans
I assume that's in the unadapted part of the manga? I finished with HnK2 today and my plan going forward is to read the manga from chapter 210 onwards (where the anime stops) and then watch the Raoh anime series (Ten no Haoh) and the New HnK OVA 3 parter.

>And I would rather have that than more le silly fun spinoffs.
Is this where the Raoh anime and the OVA fall into? Doesn't sound good...
>>
>>157059394
Its canon though.

>>157059737
That doesnt at any point say anything about part 2 not being canon. And they certainly dont say so in hokuto musou 2 interviews.

>>157061386
>Why not just say Celestial Emperor? Is it a curse of the HoM shitsubs? It's a title, not a name, it's meant to be translated.
I guess, I never thought too much about it and it has been years since I watched it. Are there better subs now?

>I assume that's in the unadapted part of the manga?
Yeah. If you had the same issues I had with the anime ending that part ties those up.

>Is this where the Raoh anime and the OVA fall into? Doesn't sound good...
No, those two arent like that. The raoh anime, while I havent seen it, is just a prequel but with the same tone. The ova is an extra story made by the authors, those arent what I meant.
What I meant are the ichigo whatever and hokuto dd spinoffs.
>>
>>157061563
Nobody in the thread has seriously tried to make the argument that part 2 is not 'canon'. It's simply a rejection of the value of part 2. One person said that it was "essentially" not 'canon', which is true, due to the fan response. You wouldn't call Dragon Ball GT "canon", would you? Here, in the same way, the consensus forms a perspective on the work instead of the work validating its own perspective to the readers.
>>
>>157061563
>Are there better subs now?
The official Discotek subs from 25th anniversary remastered DVDs, not only the entire show looks thousand times better than HoM's old TV/VHS rips, but the subs are substantially better as well with the only flaw being an occassional small typo every couple of episodes.

>Yeah. If you had the same issues I had with the anime ending that part ties those up.
The only thing I could say unresolved is the love triangle (if you can call it that?) between Ken, Lin and Bat. But the last scene where Ken bids them farewell and leaves Lin with Bat, as "rushed" as it may be, I think closed that well enough. I mean, it wasn't any more rushed than HnK1 ending with how out of the blue Raoh sudoku'd himself by punching his soul to Heaven and then you get a very short dialogue on his grave and Ken rides off with Yuria into the sunset the end. Not even a farewell to Bat or Lin.

>The raoh anime, while I havent seen it, is just a prequel but with the same tone.
How can you know its tone if you haven't seen it? Anyhow that's reassuring provided you somehow actually know about it being good.
And yeah I read the OVA is an adaptation of a book set after events of the manga, which was written by Buronson, so it fills me with hope it will be decent enough.

>What I meant are the ichigo whatever and hokuto dd spinoffs.
Oh god, I saw those abominable things when I was researching HnK before starting to watch it. And by saw I mean clips/screenshots of it when googling. It seemed horrendous.
>>
>>157061755
>You wouldn't call Dragon Ball GT "canon", would you?
We would because that one is actually not-canon.
Not written by Toriyama and overwritten by Super, it's factually non-canon. Funimation themselves also confirmed it's not-canon. It's different from HnK2 which is actually by Buronson and Hara.
>>
>>157061755
>One person said that it was "essentially" not 'canon', which is true, due to the fan response.
Fans don't establish canon. The franchise's staff does. If you dont like it that's fine but don't go around using terms completely unrelated to your opinion. Just say its shit.

>You wouldn't call Dragon Ball GT "canon", would you?
No, but I wouldn't do it for completely different reasons that the ones you are saying. And, in fact, I like gt, but I wont go everywhere telling people its canon.

>Here, in the same way, the consensus forms a perspective on the work instead of the work validating its own perspective to the readers.
If you want to talk about consensus talk about consensus, if you want to discuss the actual work, talk about the actual work. They're different things.
>>
>>157059300
violence jack was better
>>
>>157061800
>>157061871
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canon
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/canon

You're using a unique and extremely context-specific definition of the word. Knock it off.
>>
>>157061771

>The only thing I could say unresolved is the love triangle (if you can call it that?) between Ken, Lin and Bat. But the last scene where Ken bids them farewell and leaves Lin with Bat, as "rushed" as it may be, I think closed that well enough.
I have good news for you then.

>How can you know its tone if you haven't seen it?
You can see the promo material which is obviously not made on a comedic or super deformed style.
I did watch ep 1 though so I sort of lied there.

>And yeah I read the OVA is an adaptation of a book set after events of the manga, which was written by Buronson, so it fills me with hope it will be decent enough.
Its good, not something ultra necesary for the franchise but a nice little story make sure you finish the manga before that though.
>>
>>157062020
>Funimation, the studio itself, says GT isn't canon
>GT also wasn't written by Toriyama
>those two are blatant evidence that it isn't canon
>yet you are THIS fucking butthurt
Let me guess, you're a spic.
>>
>>157062032
>I did watch ep 1 though so I sort of lied there.
Why not the whole thing anyway?

>Its good, not something ultra necesary for the franchise but a nice little story make sure you finish the manga before that though.
I don't mind, basically I got hooked into the franchise so now I'm trying to get through all the good or at the very least decent enough things in it.
I've been playing the first Hokuto Musou PS3 game as well, almost done with it in fact. Finished Legend mode (main story, goes up to Raoh's death) and currently doing Dream mode (What if stories), the one with Jagi and Amiba teaming up to go around as Kenshiro and Toki to ruin their reputation only to by accident be hailed as hereos was top tier comedy.
>>
>>157062020
Those are the traditional pre modern media definitions.

Not to mention that they have a direct match with the one i'm using. The church establishes the canon bible books, not the christians.
>>
>>157062115
>Why not the whole thing anyway?
This was in like 2009, so I dont remember why I never watched the rest.

> the one with Jagi and Amiba teaming up to go around as Kenshiro and Toki to ruin their reputation only to by accident be hailed as hereos was top tier comedy.
Loved that one too
>>
>>157062062
Leave it to /pol/ to ruin the site and to turn an innocent discussion into racial horseshit. I am Aryan, you puppet of will.
>>
File: 1492028886135.png (494KB, 843x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492028886135.png
494KB, 843x480px
>>157062178
>This was in like 2009, so I dont remember why I never watched the rest.
I have this one downloaded and waiting, seems pretty good quality wise:
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/904978

The art style seems weird though.
>>
>>157062178
You still here anon?
>>
YOU WA SHOCK
>>
>>157059300
The first ark with Ein and such was fine. I enjoyed it. Everything on the island was terrible though.
>>
>>157063092
So basically, Celestial Emperor arc being fine and Land of Asura/Shura/However you spell it being shit?
I wouldn't say it was shit but watching it I was definitely distraught by everyone suddenly springing relatives out of the ass and Kaioh's negation of Musou Tensei being a blatant plot armor bullshit.
>>
>>157063134
The terrible plot device at the end where the first person lin sees she will fall in love with is the absolute worst in the series.
>>
>>157063374
I honestly couldn't tell you if I disliked that or Kaioh's existence and plot armor more.
Kaioh came off a literally a chinese knockoff of Raoh, except written by "that kid".
>>
>>157063431
>Kaioh came off a literally a chinese knockoff of Raoh, except written by "that kid".
Dead-on.
>>
WE ARE LIVING.
LIVING IN THE NINETIES

NINETIES

NINETIES
>>
I enjoyed the demon storyline but everything after Ken getting to the next shore was pretty ridiculous, especially the whole Lin falling in love with him and now there is a sudden love triangle with Ken, Bat and Lin.

Then there's Raoh's bastard child.
>>
>>157063566
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdju-W_ZAnw

>>157063527
I mean, that's seriously what he feels like.
HERE'S RAOH'S SUPER SPECIAL BROTHER BY THE WAY HE KNOWS THE ORIGINAL HOKUTO SHINKEN, YOURS WAS JUST A KNOCKOFF SCHOOL, BTW HE'S ALSO A DEMON, BTW HIM BEING A DEMON MEANS MUSOU TENSEI DOESN'T WORK ON HIM, HOW? BECAUSE I SAY SO. ALSO HE LOOKS AND SOUNDS JUST LIKE RAOH EXCEPT HE HAS THIS SUPER COOL SCARS AND HIS ARMOR IS EVEN BIGGER THAN RAOH'S BECAUSE HE'S THAT MUCH OF A COOLER GUY THAN RAOH, PLEASE LIKE MY CHARACTER.

>mfw
>>
File: 1463873737662.png (5KB, 257x241px) Image search: [Google]
1463873737662.png
5KB, 257x241px
>>157063653
Forgot mfw.
>>
>>157063653
you forgot the caverns where they fight have stalagmites that are conveniently placed to block Ken's Hokuto shinken manuevers
>>
>>157063606
>the whole Lin falling in love with him and now there is a sudden love triangle with Ken, Bat and Lin
What the fuck was that, anyway? Something an editor suggested? Did they not actually have a plan or certain end to it, and ended up just doing whatever? Or did they actually think that it was good, at the time, or?
>>
>>157063936

I did like how the last villain wasn't some super powered megalomaniac like Raoh and was like a normal guy with nothing but a flame thrower like every other bandit in the wasteland. That was a nice touch.
>>
>alright, we've given our main character amnesia; it's gonna be hard to dig ourselves out of this hole
>do we want him to have some revelation to get his memory back, or a memory, or a miracle, or-
>fuck it, just have him get hit in the head a lot
>>
File: 014.jpg (209KB, 735x1204px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
209KB, 735x1204px
>>157064670
Oops. Here we are.
>>
>>157064670
>>157064701
The fuck is this? I assume it's from the unadapted part of the manga.
>>
I worship this. It's great to see bat and lyn as adults defending themselves.
>>
>>157064823
From the second-to-last chapter of the manga. Ken gets struck by lightning for no reason and loses his memory for like 10 chapters. During this time, he can't do any martial arts, and is just some worthless guy. The only reason he gets it all back is because he inadvertently wanders into Bad Guys and they strike him repeatedly over the head.
>>
>>157065272
I like how he looks literally like Stallone in that manga page >>157064701
Far more than he ever did in the anime.
>>
>>157059300
The true anime for machos!
>>
>>157061771
Now of print so whooopppppssss.
>>
>>157068039
>Now of print so whooopppppssss.
What?
>>
>>157068531
Presumably, "out of print".
>>
>>157068616
Ah, then yep. They did only a limited one print of it.
But the ISOs of the entire thing are on AsianDVDClub private tracker.
And there's also a torrent on Nyaa and BakaBT with HnK1 (eps 1-109) encoded in h264 10bit, based on the Discotek DVDs. In fact that's what I watched for HnK1.
Since there was no encode for HnK2, I just downloaded the HnK2 portion of the DVDs from ADC.
>>
>>157068531
I read it as "out of print" naturally as well. They could be inferring it's impossible for them to watch it.
>>
>>157068732
>the ISOs of the entire thing are on AsianDVDClub private tracker
Deleting /rs/ was a mistake
But we knew that already, I suppose
>>
>>157068877
It's also on AnimeBytes in case you have account there, only the HnK2 portion though.
Want links to the HnK1 encodes?
>>
>>157068928
that'd be neat
>>
>>157068944
>Pantsu Nyaa offline
Well shit, can't link after all.
You don't have BakaBT or AB account either?
>>
>>157069015
Nope. I'm a manga person; I have accounts for manga stuff.
>>
>>157069099
Let's see if I can dig this up from the sqldb then.
>>
>>157068732
>And there's also a torrent on Nyaa and BakaBT with HnK1
I assume you've been away for a while.
>>
>>157069278
More like you.
Nyaa has a successor on a new domain, created by /g/, but it's down atm since they're migrating server.
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/

And BakaBT simply turned into a private tracker, anyone that had an account is unaffected.
>>
>>157060029
i think its a joke, buddy
did you look at the picture?
>>
>>157069336
I'm as autistic as HnK characters when it comes to humour.
>>
>Bart gets cucked by Ken
(lol

KILL THE FIGHT
>>
>>157069358
do you want me to explain it to you or did you get the joke?
>>
File: 1492973906768.png (284KB, 891x837px) Image search: [Google]
1492973906768.png
284KB, 891x837px
>>157069099
>>157069201
Well, good news is I dug up the magnet links.
Bad news is that it's very iffy seed-wise.

Episodes 1-36:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fd4252492ac0ed8f2a7a1ad5b003caf04a168d9e

Episodes 37-72:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0d4c523eece3891d1958337d41230d69d28eeacb

Episodes 73-109:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a4a69ef83ee1e1551b1a9af1d724fee270282b6b

These are for the encodes of Discotek DVD source HnK1 portion, best quality you can get. Guy didn't encode HnK2 because just like many people here he belongs to the "it's shit!!!" crowd.

If you're desperate, I can make a torrent for HnK2 right now if you want, with the raw Discotek DVDs for it and seed it myself.

>>157069411
I got it, I just didn't find it humorous because pretending to be retarded is not humour in my eyes. One character choking another, must be EoE asuka choke reference ripoff xD
>>
>>157069556
Thank you, dearly, for those. Some day, I shall return the favour.
>>
>>157069556
yeah I didnt think it was a very good joke either, but I wanted to be considerate about it.
>>
>>157069556
And as a bonus, here's the HnK movie colection, including remastered version of the original 86 movie (the animated one that goes up to first Raoh fight, not the Hollywood trashy live action one) as well as the 25th anniversary movie pentalogy series, in Bluray quality AND with good subtitles, since the CtrlHD releases floating around have utter trash google translated from Italian to English subs.

The movies: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:408EDB3F859D5C42EEA8E6EB4FAA4DD5193CABE3

Also Ten no Haoh (the Raoh prequel anime):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:72793CA659D66B2F4030F3B4DC693E3C928FE618

>>157069667
And just for (You), I'm making the HnK2 torrent right now, give me a sec.
>>
>>157069727
>>157069820
Kindness on 4chan, even /a/, is such a rare gift.
>>
File: 1466182763346.png (215KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466182763346.png
215KB, 360x400px
>>157069865
I simply fell in love with the series when I started with it last year, so much that I want to share my love of it with others.
Ai wo torimodose.
>>
>>157069911
How on earth do you have physical limited run DVDs, if you just started with the series last year?
>>
>>157069983
Read couple posts up. Private trackers.
>>
>>157069865
hey being nice doesn't require anything extra of me and it almost always improves a person's day even a tiny bit.
>>
>>157069820
>>157069865
Alright, here's HnK2 Discotek DVDs in ISO format:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:317BDBF6E72903468E601FC1C9205F79879E1349

Took a while to make a torrent, but I will keep watch on it and seed it long enough for you to complete your download. If I stopped seeding before you are done it simply means I went sleep and turned my PC off, in which case don't worry since I'll seed tomorrow as well.
>>
>>157070000
The way he/you said it made it sound like he/you actually had the physical editions. Now that would be some sort of shocking.

>>157070107
I've started my download, and I shall seed after I am done, in honor of your kind gifts. Thank you, again.
>>
File: 1470739071857.jpg (3MB, 2756x2038px) Image search: [Google]
1470739071857.jpg
3MB, 2756x2038px
>>157070250
Nah, I don't have physicals. I simply did my research and learned that it was a limited print and that someone ripped the entire thing and uploaded ISOs to ADC.

Anyway you're welcome.

Also another bonus, here's the scans, in English no less, of the special interquel chapter that Buronson and Hara wrote for the 30th anniversary, the one about how Kokuoh lost his eye:
Part 1: www.hokutodestiny.com/file/47-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-1-english-translation.html
Part 2: http://www.hokutodestiny.com/file/49-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-2-english-translation.html
It also explains why Ken came back in the first place.

And thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VedAQh9clQM
>>
Don't let the thread die ;_;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fADvMCZxEPE
>>
>>157065272
>Ken gets struck by lightning for no reason
>no reason

It was literally Yuria's ghost trying to hook him up with Lin
>>
>>157071140
>It was literally Yuria's ghost trying to hook him up with Lin
Source page or it didn't happen
>>
Why are people saying the DVDs had a limited print? The complete series is right here and it even went for $25 bucks fall of last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Fist-North-Star-Complete-TV/dp/B00HVFA3BS
>>
>>157071601
>only 12 left in stock
Also if you went to Discotek website you'd know it's been out of print since 2012.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRMn-j3q3E
best ending of all time
>>
>>157071663
The new version Crystal King recorded for the 25th anniversary movie series is better in my opinion, but I respect your choice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI_AuSvg8c8
>>
>>157071645
A)There's more on the way as it says there
B) It's not out of print http://www.discotekmedia.com/fist_tv_cc.htm

The only version of Hokuto no Ken which is out of print is the individual volumes because they were deprecated.
>>
>>157071840
>The only version of Hokuto no Ken which is out of print is the individual volumes because they were deprecated.
Well, that's the ones I was referring to.
>>
>>157071163
Don't have my physical copies of the manga on hand so this is from memory. Right after Ken finds out about Bat erasing Lin's memories and decides not to intervene, there's a flashback of Ken with Yuria just before her death. Yuria tells Ken that Lin loves him, and makes him promise to give Lin the same happiness that he gave her, then dies. End of flashback, Ken is riding on Kokuoh when he sees a vision of Yuria in the sky. The vision starts crying (because Ken broke his deathbed promise to her), then the scars on Ken's chest glow, then boom.
>>
>>157071904
Wew lad, sounds retarded.
>>
>>157071704
2bh this sounds soulless. The original has some kind of power behind it, I don't know how to explain it.
>>
File: 007.jpg (234KB, 855x1400px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
234KB, 855x1400px
>>157071904
>>157071936
>>
>>157072266
This one is more "action-y" since the movies also have much faster pacing.
>>
File: 013.jpg (363KB, 855x1400px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
363KB, 855x1400px
>>157072297
>>
File: 015.jpg (350KB, 855x1400px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
350KB, 855x1400px
>>157072343
>>
File: 018.jpg (244KB, 855x1400px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
244KB, 855x1400px
>>157072391
>>
File: 019.jpg (257KB, 855x1400px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
257KB, 855x1400px
>>157072440
End scene.
>>
>>157059737
>infamous
What?
That scene is awesome, what kind of fag, let alone a group of them, wouldn't like it?
>>
The Falco arc was mostly pretty fun stuff, still not exempt from the general retardness that plagues the post-Raoh stuff though (Lin's the twin sister of the empress? what?)

Shachi and his pirate dad were cool too I guess.
>>
>>157072728
Agreed.
>>
Ken's Rage 2 actually includes the amnesia arc (though none of the other post-Kaioh stuff) They tried to make it a bit less anticlimactic by having Ken mentally "confront himself" in order to get his memories and Hokuto Shinken back (In other words the game's last boss is a mirror match fought in a psychedelic dreamscape, rather than some blind thug with a steel plate in his head)
>>
>>157072711
English second language? We natives use "infamous" and "famous" interchangeably, in the same way that we do "flammable" and "inflammable". Only difference is that only one ends humorously.
>>
>>157073229
Only people who failed middle school English use them interchangeably. Infamous has a negative connotation which famous does not.
>>
>>157073361
It's vernacular; it doesn't need to possess a solid basis in historical linguistics or etymology. And it's a *connotation*, not a *denotation*, so you've even less of a case.
>>
>>157073229
>>157073361
>>157073704
who gives a fuck, talk about hokuto no ken instead you fags
>>
>>157073704
Nice deflection. But you are wrong, and any credible dictionary will back me up on this. Infamous is being famous for negative reasons. Check your English before accusing others of being ESL.
>>
>>157074558
Do you not understand what "vernacular" means? Look into a dictionary for "fleek" or "shorty" or "guap"; surely these real words will be adequately culturally defined in a 'credible dictionary'.
>>
I never watched the series, but i read the manga and i think that the second part was mostly alright.At first i didn't like how Lin was suddenly in love with Ken and how she is a twin of the empress, and how there suddenly was Raoh's son.But when you look at the themes of the series, the stars and fate and shit it kinda justifies the shitty writing.
Also that arc with the sick king and his successors fighting for the throne in the snow? country was pretty based.
>>
>>157059300
You just can't top Raoh. It's normal that the rest of the series was not well received.
>>
>>157074999
>Also that arc with the sick king and his successors fighting for the throne in the snow? country was pretty based.
That was better than the entire Ashura stuff for sure, despite only being a fraction of the length.
>>
>>157068732
where is the new Nyaa?
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.