[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it an asspull?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: O.jpg (86KB, 506x270px) Image search: [Google]
O.jpg
86KB, 506x270px
Was it an asspull?
>>
No, the only asspull in Hxh is Nanika, everything else was well foreshadowed

This was still fucking stupid though and what's even dumber is that Hisokafags take this as a victory somehow
>>
O
>>
MY
>>
asspull? yes

But its infinitely more acceptable than what goes on in 99 percent of others in the genre.
>>
Of course not. This is totally within nen capabilities.
>>
Magical wish sibling is still worse, but holy shit was this dumb.
>>
>>157053339
There has been no drawbacks whatsoever for Hisoka
>>
>>157053368

Well for starters it's not stated yet, and anytime soon for that matter.
>>
>>157053018
I dont know but the fight was great and hilarious. Chrollo just kept playing tag until he had the perfect set of powers and location, then trashed Hisoka.
>>
define asspull
>>
>>157053018
It's only an asspull if Togashi wrote himself into a corner. In this case he probably planned this to happen from the beginning, which just makes it cheap writing that artificially raises the stakes while risking nothing.
>>
>>157053018
The asspull part of it was that he some out wasn't blown into a million pieces.

>but that dolls cushioned the impact because there were so many of them
That's now how physics works.
>>
HxH has such garbage art holy shit
>>
>>157053512
the impact was absorbed by the meat shields and he died of suffocation.
>>
>>157053018
No, it was just jojo level of twisting the rules without breaking it, and it's hilarious how much shitposting it got when this board suck jojo's duck as hard as possible.
Personally I'm completely fine with that, kurollo had his combo of powers and a pre planned strategy, hisoka had a very flexible power and a lot of improvisation.
>>
>>157056015
>this board suck jojo's duck as hard as possible.
If you go to any Jojo thread you'll see that Jojo fans aren't 4chan regulars
>>
>>157053018
It was silly because his "death" in the first place was due to lack of oxygen(suffocation), which implies that he was brain dead well before his rubber shenanigans. Pumping his heart and lungs shouldn't have worked.

It's just lazy writing
>>
LISTEN UP RUBBER NEN
>>
nah
>lets his arms get torn off to do a magic trick
>later gets killed to do an even bigger magic trick
>does both in the arena
>relies on Spidergirl to get fixed up the first time
>refuses her help and does it himself the second time
It's stupid but it was foreshadowed.
>>
Killua's trap brother was more of an asspull
>>
Chrollo will die like a bitch after Hisoka kills all the spiders
>>
>>157056452
What's Spidergirl going to do with completely destroyed flesh?

The most she could do is fix up cosmetic damage
>>
>>157056190
You are aware brain death doesn't happen that fast and that freak occurrences where people go up to 20 or 40 minutes being clinically dead and were resuscitated later has happened right?
>>
>>157053018
No, Nen have been broken and retarded long before this happened, restrictions means shit because "dude i'm so smart" and everyone is so smart in HxH.
>>
>>157056452
>Eats his own flesh
>violently pulls a card out of his stump
>Feitan is the one who gets shitted on for being the edgelord
Really makes you think.
>>
>>157057133
So they should all be blithering idiots then to make it fair?
>>
I didn't hate this as much as him killing two spiders in the span of like three pages.
>>157053052
This is definitely the only asspull and is probably one of the worst ever. Its even made worse by Killua not being affected because LOVE
>>
>>157057365
No you fucking moron, just stop pretending that nen is a balanced power system when anyone can be just as good as the author want it to be.
>>
File: 1494119310153.png (309KB, 550x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494119310153.png
309KB, 550x660px
I want to fuck Pitou
>>
>>157053368
the drawback is being gay
>>
>>157057466
right, so it isn't just you sperging out because you don't have a full grasp of it then
>>
>>157053018
ITT: Huntards in denial
>muh Togashi is le perfect writer XD
fuck off
>>
>>157057751
Did anyone actually say that once in this thread?

Can you shit up some other thread if you could be so kind?
>>
>>157053018
Is there something his rubber nen can't do?
>>
Togashi is a perfect writer, it's not an asspull.
>>
>>157057831
Someone did >>157057869
>>
>>157057869
>>157057907
>Someone
hmmmm
>>
File: 143245253664.png (497KB, 609x428px) Image search: [Google]
143245253664.png
497KB, 609x428px
>>157057907
>>
Berserk has more of a chance to get an ending
>>
him being able to use nen after death isn't an asspull.

But the idea that using rubber nen to conract and expand his lungs would cause him to be brought back to life and undo the lethal damage of being blown up by a dozen human-sized bombs , including burns all over his body and brain and heart death, is bullshit.

All that should have happened is his nen started contracting and expanding his chest like pumping a corpse full of air.

Let's remember, he didn't die from drowning or being suffocated. He died from explosions.
>>
>>157058278
>implying he actually came back to life
>implying he's not a nen zombie
>>
I thought it was mention a couple of times before that, Nen get stronger when the user die?
>>
>>157056015
>kurollo

Go home
>>
>>157058278
That would only make sense if every puppet were affixed the Sun and Moon symbols, they weren't.

There were more without the symbols then there were with, those puppets were swarming the the stadium and attacked Hisoka. He was dead either way, only this instance he could work with death by suffocation rather than being blown to shit.
>>
It's implied with the whole leg going "Squish" that he's still pretty fucked underneath all that makeup. Also at some point Hisoka had to go crazy again, because he's been far to likeable since Greed Island. He needed a reason to become relevant and this is fine. If he runs into Gon now, I doubt he'll let him "mature" anylonger.

>Implying the series will actually get more chapters and not be cancelled
>>
>>157056989
If he wasn't brain dead then how did he "die" in the first place due to lack of oxygen?
>>
>>157059714
He was dead in the sense that his heart and lungs stopped beating. To which, his brain in response to this has around six minutes before permanent damage has occurred due to the prolonged lack of oxygen.

However, as I said before, there are freak occurrences that happen real life. Deep sea divers, for example, are trained to go much longer than the average human
>>
>>157056015
>>157056091
This board is not a hivemind, despite all appearances to the contrary.
But the general opinion even in Jojo threads is that Stardust Crusader ended with a major caliber asspull, despite some anons arguing that The World's real power was to have every Joestar's power so it follows that he took stopping time from Jotaro and simply learned how to use it earlier than him.
You can appreciate something and still recognize its defects.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.