[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Naruto of all shows come up with one of the best written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Danzo_(Naruto).jpg (24KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Danzo_(Naruto).jpg
24KB, 768x576px
How did Naruto of all shows come up with one of the best written villains of all time?
>>
>>157050101
Kishimoto wanted to be Seinen writer before coming with Naruto, I think Kishimoto is more clever that some people think.
>>
His arc is perfect reflection of the entire show

>Decent build-up with shitty pay off
>>
>>157050101
It didn't
>>
>>157050652
The only decent payoff from the show was the Zabuza arc.
>>
>>157050752
Chunin exams as well
>>
>>157050101
Fuck off Narutard spammer.
>>
File: Brazo_Sharingan_de_Danzo.png (303KB, 694x390px) Image search: [Google]
Brazo_Sharingan_de_Danzo.png
303KB, 694x390px
His arm is vomit inducing. I wanted nothing more than to watch it burn with fire.
>>
>>157050752
What about when they finally caught the murderer of the beloved 3rd Hokage?

The village gave him a full pardon and citizenship, and all the ninja who died trying to stop him can now rest peacefully knowing that their sacrifice was completely in vain.
>>
>>157051106
It's funny because it completely invalidates the original Naruto series of which Orochimaru was the primary antagonist. I don't know why Kishimoto decided to bring him back to life again.
>>
>>157050862
Danzo's arm was the exact moment where the series completely jumped the shark.
>>
>>157050827
Kill yourself newshitter
>>
Danzo is a perfect example of how Kishi pulls his punches. So much of his story is about the horrors of war and the cyclical effect atrocities committed between nations can have.

The problem is the leaf village's characters are all pretty decent and likeable. The leaf isn't some nasty dystopia that makes kids see how miserable a war-crazed dystopian society would be. It's a fun place. Whenever the leaf gets bungled into the meme of all countries being bad in a flashback it's always some complete no-name who exists for no other reason than to die.

And then comes along Danzo, an actual character in the present time-frame whose sole purpose is to charitably direct all blame for the bad stuff onto him just so the other characters can get off squeaky clean.

It's true of the other villages too to a lesser extent, with most of the baddies from them either being rogues or going rogue later. When we actually get to know them all they're suddenly all morally upright and good, with only flashback nobodies and rogues being bad.

It tries to give us the message that a world focused on war is bad but fails to actually make that world bad.
>>
>>157051645
Kishi should've made the series set during the last Ninja War and made Kakashi the protagonist.

War Arcs were the best.
>>
>>157051703
What he should have done was emphasize better the actual countries the villages are in. It should have been a much bigger, badder world with the ninja villages being small, actually secretive mercenary organizations.

When the daimyos cropped up again in the war arc I'd honestly forgotten they ever existed.
>>
>>157050101
>villain
You do know that Danzo was a good guy and Sasuke was a bad guy by then, right?
>>
>>157051645
And it's funny because through Danzo's existence it makes the Leaf look even worse, specially Hiruzen, because he let him roam around freely because he felt guilty about getting chosen as the Hokage instead of him.

The worst thing about Danzo is how easy it is to tell he was something Kishimoto pulled out of his ass and how he makes absolutely no sense with anything we had seen so far and clashes terribly with everything.
>>
>>157050101
>Danzo
>villain
he is an antihero and an antagonist from a story telling point of view
>>
>>157051645
This is the impression that early Naruto gives. Everything is hostile and warring. The Chuunin exams were about showing off child soldiers and not caring if they die.
>>
>>157051953
Except all the mind numbing rhetoric where they talk about how evil the ninja world is and how it must be changed comes later.
>>
>>157051880
All goverments have someone who does the dirty work, remember than goverments want to give an image of peace, regardless of their methods
>>
File: kissinger[1].jpg (13KB, 162x227px) Image search: [Google]
kissinger[1].jpg
13KB, 162x227px
>>157050101
He's just ninja Kissinger.
>>
>>157051993
Yeah
>>
>>157051645
I could never put my finger on why Naruto lost me, but pulling punches is probably why.

So much potential lost.
>>
File: an op shit.png (210KB, 454x419px) Image search: [Google]
an op shit.png
210KB, 454x419px
>best villains
>>
>>157053631
Why did he just let them go?
>>
>>157053631
who is this
>>
>>157053649
probably because he was almost dead or he actually just wanted to watch their adventures
>>157053765
boned dude
>>
>>157050862

disgusting
>>
>>157051645
Danzo and those two old people were the deep state
>>
>>157050101
that one and paint were the best villians. even better than orochimaru.
>>
>>157054718
Nah Pain was just a generic angsty teenager villain.
>>
>>157050862
I think I'm the only one who actually liked the Sharingarm.
>>
ANBU is the deep state
orochimaru is the moderate rebel
>>
Childhood is thinking Hiruzen is great. Adulthood is realizing Danzo made more sense.
>>
>>157050862
I don't even remember this. Was it in Part 1?
>>
>>157055935
It was when Sasuke went all edge and attacked the 5 kage summit in part 2
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.