[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MC was trained by some master in some legendary art / technique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: KenHiko.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
KenHiko.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>MC was trained by some master in some legendary art / technique / kata
>MC struggles throughout the series with increasingly powerful enemies because he's not a master of the legendary art / technique / kata
>MC runs into master
>master absolutely demolishes MC and is clearly many MANY leagues above the MC
>if the master had gotten involved in the plot, every single enemy would be a fucking joke compared to the master
>many innocent lives would have been spared if the master had actually joined in earlier and stopped the enemies from from
>master has some frivolous or edgy reason for not involving himself like "the weak die and the strong live" / "history goes to the strongest and the weakest are trampled" / "i don't involve myself in petty political squabbles" / "i wanted you to struggle"

Why even bother showing us the existence of someone so much more powerful than the MC that if shit actually hit the fan and the enemies started actually destroying the world, Master will only casually show up and clean up because "they broke my favorite drinking jug"? The story would be completely fine if they never reveal this.
>>
>>157031983
>Shounen are for young boys
>When you are a young man you will be a novice who gradually gains proficiency and strength while meeting adversity
>Always a bigger, more experienced fish who doesn't seem to care about what seems so important to you
>Could take care of all your problems but refuses for what seem like totally insane reasons

The context begins to unfold.
>>
>>157031983
Well if you see the story from the master perspective you get One Punch Man
>>
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

SHUT THE HELL UP OP.

SEIJURO HIKKO COULDN'T HAVE KILLED SHISHIO BECAUSE THE HITEN-MITSURUGI STYLE IS THE ULTIMATE SWORD STYLE SO OVER-POWERED IT ONLY INVITES DISORDER BY EXPOSING IT TO THE WORLD FOR SELFISH CAUSE (look at Aoshi coming after Kenshin for one). HE MADE AN EXCEPTION FOR KENSHIN ONLY AFTER BECOMING CERTAIN THAT A. THINGS HAD ESCALATED TO A POINT OF NO RETURN FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHO ASKED KENSHIN. B. KENSHIN WAS NOT GOING TO CREATE ANOTHER SHISHIO LIKE HE DID THE ORIGINAL IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE.

Hot damn, what is it about Death Note, YYH, and Kenshin that invites these pretentious types like OP who think they know everything but know nothing?
>>
>>157032990

>SO OVER-POWERED IT ONLY INVITES DISORDER BY EXPOSING IT TO THE WORLD

This is never mentioned in the anime or manga. Please keep your retarded theories to yourself.

Hiko refused to join because he was anti-social and didn't want to deal with politics. There's nothing wrong with that.

When you're that fucking strong, you can do whatever the fuck you want. Even if the whole country changes in a revolution, it doesn't change that you're the strongest and that nobody will fuck with you if you don't mean any trouble.
>>
>>157033204
>>157032990
The hiten mitsurugi isn't taught/known by many because you have to kill your sensei in order to master it.
>>
What if the master was the one behind it all because he wanted to kill all humans for fighting in Gundams?
>>
>>157032990
>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
>>>/out/
>>
>>157033204
>>157033372
It is mentioned in the manga, I'm sure. It's an important theme to reaching Kenshin's final epiphany about holding unto life. You can't learn Hiten Mitsurugi if you intend to use it for evil, because even if you sacrifice yourself for a cause it's just one fleeting moment in the endless strand of life. In other words, you have to be absolutely certain you have no ill-intent in your heart for the manslayer within to use. You can't Ammakeru Ryu no Hirameki unless you're not a manslayer, and Seijuro Hikko using it to kill Shishio would make him into one. Kenshin was the only one in the position to.
>>
>>157031983
why is your gif so shitty
>>
I thought it was funny he couldn't even use the multi strike technique because he's a twink
Seijuro deserved a bigger apprentice
>>
>>157031983
Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they will. I certainly wouldn't go around trying to play hero just because I was strong. People can solve their own problems, nobody is entitled to an uninvolved persons help.
>>
>>157031983
But people do this all the time irl.
Trump could single handedly end the islamic crisis via mass amounts of nuclear bombs, yet he refuses to.
>>
>>157036577
That's a totally different scenario. That's exactly the opposite, in fact.
>>
>>157031983
Master is old alcoholic, he is not good for a fight.
>>
>>157031983
Is it really that hard for you to comprehend characters with different values/codes than your own?
>>
>>157036638
its literally the exact same.
Never post again, someones child just died because of you.
>>
>>157036764
>think of the children!
Dude, no.
>>
>>157036818
>he keeps posting
This is why you go home alone every night.
>>
>>157031983
Because MC no longer kills people and is a middle aged man.
>>
>>157036870
Whatever you say faggot.
>>
>>157036939
Kill yourself
>>
>>157037551
no
>>
>>157033931

>You can't Ammakeru Ryu no Hirameki unless you're not a manslayer, and Seijuro Hikko using it to kill Shishio would make him into one.

>"His philosophy as a swordsman is that the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryƫ should be used to protect people from suffering, but only if it is used independently from any political power."
>>
>>157032990
>this post
/a/ standards have really lowered
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.