[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Made airplanes that would extend wars and cause Pearl Harbor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: billions.jpg (232KB, 2000x1425px) Image search: [Google]
billions.jpg
232KB, 2000x1425px
>Made airplanes that would extend wars and cause Pearl Harbor to be bombed, along with thousands of Chinese deaths

>Oh no...my planes!
>So sad, they all got blown up ;_;
>better leave my sick wife

Miyazaki's antiwar angle is undermined by his love of a war criminal.
>>
I don't think you understand what "war criminal" means.
>>
>>156967617
Killing Americans is war crime
>>
>>156967563
He killed millions.
>>
>>156967563
Easily his worst movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yzTgvDdPqw
>>
>>156967717
Why does it say [eng sub] when it's actuallly French subs?
>>
>>156967695
poppy hill exists
>>
>>156967563
This movie was extremely boring
>>
>>156967794
4U
>>
>>156967794
I don't think so but your honest opinion is still better than OP's war crime meme
>>
>>156967563
You missed the whole point of the movie.
Congratulations.
Now go back to your moeshit threads.
>>
>>156967563
But I thought the point was he didn't get exactly what he dreamed for (his ideal plane bieng turned to a war plane)? He made his plane yes, but it wasn't the plane he really wanted. I don't know, maybe I need to see the movie again.
>>
>>156967947
Back to /v/ and take OP with you since you clearly need each other.
>>
>>156967563
Anno's voice acting is shit
>>
>>156967563

Are you sure you actually watched the movie and didn't just read a summary?

>>156967794

Tasteless pleb
>>
>>156967563
One of the best guys to ever live. He made killing hamburgers so much easier.
>>
>>156967563
She was the one who left him actually.
>>
>>156967563
But anon Pearl Harbor never happened, it was all a plot orchestrated by the US so they could have an excuse for taking over the Pacific ocean and try their nuclear bombs. Just like the 9/11
>>
>>156967765
take that back you cunt.
>>
>missing the point
whats sad about it is that the main character just wants to build planes and focus on his passions but his only outlet for doing so is to make war planes instead of the ones he really wants to build.
>>
>>156967563

Pearl Harbor wasn't a war crime.

America was effectively blockading Japan with the pacific fleet, so they attempted to destroy it.

It was an attack on a military target in a response to a prolonged act of aggression.
>>
>>156968410
>forgetting about America's unofficial involvement in the war between Japan and China
>>
>>156968410
>Japan attacks China an American ally
>hurr durr Japan did nothing wrong
>>
>>156968448
>>156968439

You can't be involved in a war while claiming neutrality, then pretend you dindu nuffin when your fleet gets bombed.
>>
>>156968448
China was not an American ally. Jesus Christ dude.
>>
>>156968448
They were allies of the same kind as Rome and Sagunto.
>>
>The guy who designed the plane is the war criminal
What about the Wright Brothers then? They made air travel possible, wouldn't that make them the biggest war criminals?
>>
>>156967563
>caring about chinks and other pests.
>>
>>156968493
It's perfectly legal for neutral countries to trade with countries at war. C.f. Swedes selling ore to Germany and Bofors gun to the US.
>>
>>156968653

America prevented Japanese trade.

You can't say 'we'll sink your ships' then pretend you're neutral.
>>
Film's about art and the difficulties of creation in a determinate context, not about defending any wars, as the film makes clear every time there's a dialogue or actual war is depicted. The 'biopic' side of it is extremely lacking because of this aspect, since it's only a means for Miyazaki to express his message.

Also, saying the plane designer in any given country is a war criminal is nothing short of moronic.
>>
>>156968653
How about sending fighter pilots and actively attacking Japanese planes?
>>
>>156968691
What? Roosevelt banned US companies from trading with Japan, not threatening Japanese trade ships to leave.
>>
>>156968705
>>156968277
>>
>>156968585
American logic. Guns aren't good or evil, they're just tools, it's the person who uses them to do harm that's evil. But anything that gets used against Americans is evil and anyone involved in making it is a war criminal.
>>
>>156968712
Selling weapons are legal, and Chennault was forced to retire early due to the Bomber Mafia (yes, they existed that long ago), only then Chiang invited him.

Oh and most foreign pilots in China were actually Soviets, an inconvenient truth.
>>
>>156968762
Now you've got to imagine how Miyazaki feels at the utter mercantilization of his images (Totoro is an extremely good example: a representation of infantile imagination, plastered in plastic shit all over the place and carried by late teenagers/adults) and that that's the reason he keeps working, while rarely his works lands like it should.
>>
>>156968712
Because that is a direct intervention and would throw around 6 billion logs into the oven? You might as well declare war, are you retarded?
>>
I liked this movie, I even cried at the end.
>>
>>156968712
Why send Fighters when you can "sell" planes and send "Volunteer" battalions.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.