[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters who took losing the girl way too hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

Ensign Riddhe went from spoiled brat pilot to "gas the newtypes! race war now!". All because the Space Nazi Princess picked someone else.
>>
>>156954743
Except he didn't. He became the way he was due to both the Banshee's psychoframe bullshit combined with the fact that he felt responsible for his family's involvement with Laplace's Box.
>>
>>156954743
That guy from Buddy Complex.
Forgot the characters names and most of the plot. All I remember is that there was time traveling bullshit.
>>
>>156954881
Riddhe was sore at Banana ever since Mineva jumped out of an airplane with no parachute.
>>
>>156955014
Bizon is probably one of the most butthurt characters of all time. The dude got sent back in time and then created his own country just so he could take revenge on one person.

Buddy Complex was tons of fun despite it being pretty generic.
>>
>>156954743
Shion took losing Satoshi as lightly as a neutron star
>>
>>156955056
Yeah obviously he's not too happy about being rejected like that, but the reason why he gets in the Banshee to fight Banagher was to prevent him from opening Laplace's Box. He's conflicted because he just recently discovered that his family was actually responsible for keeping one of the biggest secrets in the world. Riddhe feels that he's bound by his family's curse to prevent the box from being opened because of the consequences it could have. For him, he doesn't have any choice but to do this, but he also feels conflicted because of the box's original meaning as a symbol of hope. In Riddhe's eyes, everything would have been okay and none of the tragedies that occurred during Unicorn would have had to happen if it wasn't for the existence of Newtypes.
>>
>>156954743
>>156954881
>>156955056
Riddhe did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Nina_losing_her_mind.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nina_losing_her_mind.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>156954743
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The radio said “No, Ensign Riddhe. You are the demons”
And then Riddhe was a Newtype
>>
>>156955389
He avenged the nameless Stark Jegan guy. He''s a good guy in my book.
>>
File: 1476912076535.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476912076535.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>156954743
>>
>>156955537
i'm sorry but

cute damaged mecha pilot girls > nameless grunts.
>>
>>156955221
I think Buddy Complex is a case-study of used up tropes but spectacular execution.
>>
>>156955014
>>156955221
>That guy from Buddy Complex.
Came to post this.

Also, is the ending OVA any good? I've forgotten enough about the show I'd have to rewatch the whole thing first.
>>
>>156958469
>s the ending OVA any good?
Yes. You can tell the staff had to compress things, but they pulled it off quite well.
>>
>>156958469
It's actually pretty good esp. when you consider they got a second season yanked form them.

>Buddy Complex
I miss that show. It was a lot of fun.
>>
>>156957404
Shut your mouth, that grunt was a fucking hero.
>>
>But Riddhe you're a newtype if you can use the psychoframe
>SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP!

Best onee-san didn't deserve to die because of him.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x432px
>>156955014
cucked so hard he went back in time and stared ww3
>>
>>156954743
that guy from buddy complex took it so hard he traveled through time and became the big bad guy
>>
File: which anime.png (501KB, 1492x817px) Image search: [Google]
which anime.png
501KB, 1492x817px
>>156955559
Which anime is this?
>>
>>156961964
its horse are you fucking blind?
>>
>>156961964
Xam'd
it wasnt that good
>>
File: b7e.jpg (33KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
b7e.jpg
33KB, 600x434px
>>156962019
Yes I'm having my service dog type my messages.
>>
>>156954743
I felt it was more like no one valued his effort and contribution(Bright, his father e.g.) while keep sucking Banana's banana due to his "chosen one" status. The same Banana who nearly got both of them kill by not pulling the trigger and forced him to dirtied his hand instead.(Before that event he was pretty amicable toward Banana). Princess picking Banana over him and his crushing defeat by Banshee was the last straw. Even after that he was ultimately just followed his country's order.
I found him a pretty dynamic and driven for a rival character, compare to Banana who got most things hand on silver plate for him.
>>
Does Shinn Asuka count?
>>
Why do UC gundam seasons always end with with utter fucking bullshit newtype magic.

>kamile glows purple and shrugs off beams like an I-field, but he sure as hell doesn't have one on the zeta
>then some sort of retard coma for a year

>amuro somehow magics axis back into orbit with just one mech
>his bullshit from 79, is more about half the cast being newtypes and telepathically tell him where to go, like suddenly the children are newtype? I can understand mirai because that was hinted.

>and then there's fucking unicorn. this magic fucking crystal wall shit is able to stop gryps 2 laser, but it takes 3 shields and they don't explode in the process

You have a 'decent' war drama (the fact it takes until the final few episodes to kill characters is annoying, but that's plot armour) and then the endings are always some sort of utter bullshit. Even if you're meant to take it as 'humans take a step forward in evolution, stop war, war is bad etc' it leaves a sour taste in my mouth after how many side characters and mooks have been slaughtered, to just magic up these endings.
>>
>>156954743
pls no more banana
>>
File: Hathaway.jpg (25KB, 304x549px) Image search: [Google]
Hathaway.jpg
25KB, 304x549px
>>156954743
>>
>>156964184
>4 shows do it
>always
>>
File: Incest is a sin.jpg (424KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Incest is a sin.jpg
424KB, 1280x720px
Awful lot of Gundam in this thread.
This guy's blueballs were just painful.
>>
>>156964393

>UC gundam

I probably should have said 'where newtypes are pivotal to a battles outcome'.

So the mainline UC TV series. 08th MS, 80, 83 don't have newtypes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.