[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: p2.jpg (570KB, 1481x1040px) Image search: [Google]
p2.jpg
570KB, 1481x1040px
What the fuck was this psychopath's problem?
>>
Empathy doesn't fully develop until puberty.
>>
>>156922525
What this guy said. Also, nobody was teaching him otherwise, even though pretty much everyone knew.
>>
>>156922146
He's a nip subhuman, hardwired to hammer down anyone who dares to stick out.
>>
>>156922146
The movie is a mistake
>>
>>156922573
>Also, nobody was teaching him otherwise
The teacher warned him like three times and he never took the hint.
>>
Anyone else felt like Shouya had more actual bonding with Yuzuru than with Shoko?
>>
File: 1391943749901.png (83KB, 309x410px) Image search: [Google]
1391943749901.png
83KB, 309x410px
>>156922735
>warning someone is the same as teaching them empathy
Hello, ASPD-kun.
>>
>>156923265
You don't need to empathize to, you just have to learn that actions have consequences.
>>
Is the mango worth reading if I enjoyed the movie?
>>
>>156924097
Yes
>>
>>156922146
He just enjoyed the fun.
>>
>>156922146

he was a brat
>>
>>156922735
The teacher was fucking useless, much like real life. They often leave bullying victims at the mercy of their tormentors.
>>
>>156922525
>>156922573
If you behaved like that you're a subhuman nigger.

Lol at the scum who tell themselves that this is normal or acceptable.
>>
>>156924434
Look up ijime, the schools faculty will rarely intervene because they don't want their schools reputation to suffer.
>>
>>156922687
What was so bad about the movie? I'm scared to watch it now.
>>
>>156924522
Maybe he's mad it excludes some plot points, side character development and has some changes. I still really liked it though.
>>
>>156924522
It was kind of rushed, the first half was a mess and it wasn't clear why some of the characters did stuff, but all the core parts were there and Yuzuru was cute so it's okay.
>>
No father figure can do that to a person, i speak from experience.
>>
>>156922146
Is that Tomoshida behind him? I thought they did not meet until they moved schools...
>>
>>156922146
>google snail salt
That's messed up
>>
>>156924462
Kids can be terrible people.
>>
Isn't it normal to chase birds? I used to try sneaking up on them to see if I could pet them.

When sneaking up on them didn't work, I tried out speeding them.

The rest is pretty fucking weird though
>scribbling on cats
Wtf my little nigga.
>>
>>156925662
I've never met a cat that would allow you to scribble on it, personally.
>>
>>156925662
I live in new york and pretty much daily there are opportunities to spook birds. I mean, those fat ass pigeons are always in the way.
>>
>>156925662
Chasing birds is normal, killing snails for no reason not so much
>>
>>156926295
I never did it with a sharpie like that guy did, but I remember being a kid and doing it with fingers covered in coal dust from barbecue. If the cat lets you anywhere close, you already won, and most housecats do let people near if you're calm.
>>
>>156922146
Little kid who enjoy pulling little animals and others and think it make him look cool or they are for fun , some brats act this way

One can blame his parent and his adults around him who didn't him otherwise , their teacher was a scumbag after all
>>
The real sociopath was probably Kawai honestly. Shouya was just an thoughtless jerk, who regretted everything, Ueno was a jerk who tried to make things right, Kawai was a narcissist who went along with it and then threw a fit instead of taking responsibility.
>>
>>156926663
I put salt on a snail once as a kid to see if it actually worked.
I only did it the one time though.
>>
>>156924434
And if they interfere, they get sued. Being a teacher is absolute hell. Parents will bitch at them to become surrogate parents for their kids but somehow bitch even harder if they actually do. 'RAISE MY KID FOR ME!' 'HOW DARE YOU TRY TO RAISE MY KID!' 'WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING!' 'WHY DID YOU DO SOMETHING!' It's pure bullshit.
>>
>>156924462
Have you never seen kids interact? they are heartless towards everyone but their caregiver.
>>
>>156924014
No you need to teach children how to empathize with other children, just punishing them teaches them nothing, if anything it makes them resent the tormented child more.

He only gained empathy when he was subjected to the same thing she was. This lesson could have been taught without him needing to suffer if the teacher wasn't shit.
>>
>>156922146
This isn't even that bad. I know kids that have gone through far worse. It's the one thing that always bugged me about KnK, that a lot of the bully stuff that basically gets heralded as the worst thing ever done to a human is fairly mild. Almost on the level of what a kid does to another kid because s/he is attracted to them.
>>
>>156927169
This
>>
>>156922146
Japan.
As in, not manga story shit or something like that, but the fact that if you're disabled, abnormal or "stick out" in a way that is considered nonconductive to their society, you're as good as worthless and it's perfectly fine to treat you like crap so long as it doesn't get too blatant that legalities have to step in.

Combine that with children being dicks often because they don't fully understand what's right or wrong and slothful, apathetic teachers that only barely got involved before just doing nothing and it's no wonder Shouya did what he did. Nishimiya was an abnormality, and by cultural standards they've ingrained in themselves, the fact that they made someone own up to it in the first place is actually more than normal. The fact that everyone scapegoated it onto Shouya without really looking back until years later, however, then flips that right back around into values dissonance.
>>
>>156927169
>teach children how to empathize
How the fuck are you supposed to do this? You can't force a feeling.
>>
What is the lesson here? If you bully a girl you'll get to fuck her a decade later?
>>
>>156927912
The weirdest part for me was when the dad blamed nishimom's "lack of virtue" or some stupid shit like that for Shoko being born deaf, then divorced her.
I mean wtf?
>>
>>156927994
Stockholm syndrome is a thing.
>>
>>156927998
Parents are considered responsible for their children in ways even more deeply than the west considers. Hikkikomoris are basically allowed to prosper because letting others know about it would show people their failures as a parent. There's one manga, With the Light (or Hikari to Tomoni), where a mother's child is born with autism, and pretty much everyone blames the mother for any shortcomings the child has.
>>
I want to hug Ueno
I empathise with her
>>
>>156927169
Why are you even blaming the teacher for this? It should be the parent's job to teach their kids empathy. Teacher is there for academic knowledge. Parents are the one to ensure they don't become shitheads.
>>
>>156928201
Not that the parents aren't also at fault but teachers have a huge role too. You're nuts if you think they're nothing more than a means to impart academic knowledge.
>>
>>156924522
So many things missing from the manga. But then again, I noticed people around me crying. I guess it still works for people who haven't read the manga? The only good thing for me is Yuzuru's voice though.
>>
>>156927998
>>156928089
The virus infection affecting the childs hearing in utero is scary either way.
>>
>>156928432
They're currently not, but they should be. Students can go to teachers for advice, but ultimately, the teacher is to provide realz over feelz for the students. It's the parent's job to instill morality, provide reward, dispense punishment and to ensure they don't become dicks and assholes. If they want teachers to raise their kids for them, then don't they dare complain if teachers discipline the kid for being a fucktard.
>>
>>156924434
>>156924486
>>156927079
>>156927912

That's why I don't like this series. Instead of showing the situation from various perspectives, the author prefers to go the easy way and make the teacher a cliché villain. Does this happen in real life? Of course it happens, but it's not simply because "I'm bad and I don't care bwahaha".
>>
>>156922146
He's a Nip.
>>
File: 1487639278458.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487639278458.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>156927079
>Being a teacher is absolute hell

Fucking this. Not to mention that a lot of them get paid shit.
>>
>>156927998
Bunch of subhumans. The kind that plunge into marriage but refuse to shoulder burdens as a family.
>>
>>156928871
I don't get why it's that big a deal for you considering his minor role. He tried to stop it at first, but when the bullying continued and Shouko's problems kept inhibiting the class from moving at a reasonable pace he just stopped giving a damn.
>>
>>156928201
>>156928698
Except it becomes the teachers fault or something he has to tell the parent when it's happening directly in front of him. There were no calls, there was no conference, he never felt like informing her, she didn't know about the bullying until it had gone too far and someone had to pay which at that point he focuses all blame onto Shouya as a "problem child" so not only did he not get blamed but so things fit his world view.

If the child more or less behaves at home and is just rowdy, but he's doing something bad at school then the parent won't know. A teacher is responsible for either teaching the child or informing the parent, he did neither and thought it was fine until Shoko's mom complained. The teacher is a massive piece of shit and had he done his job things could have been circumvented before it went too far.
>>
>>156928769
>but it's not simply because "I'm bad and I don't care bwahaha".
That's not here either. He never did anything like that, he just rationalized everything in a way that he could blame others rather than himself so he wouldn't have to do anything. It's called being in a passionless profession, you see this kind of behavior all the time with people who become teachers just because it's a job they could do.

The power of delusion, denial, and willful ignorance caused by apathy and disdain for your lot in life can give you a very warped sense of reality. That's why when they spoke with him several years later he kept saying things like "ah yes just like I expected" because he wants to stroke his own ego for success but not except blame for failure. In the real world you find A LOT of people like this.
>>
>>156928949
Reread my posts and the posts I'm replying to carefully. I'm saying a teacher's role is to teach/inform/impart information. They're suppose to tell the parents what is happening. In this case, the teacher is wrong for not telling the parent, but in general, they are not the one to teach them about empathy and morality. They're not the one that's suppose to slap them on their head and tell them to stop being dicks unless absolutely necessary.
>>
Early chapters of this made me feel real terrible. Not because I feel bad for Shoko, but because I can see myself as those treating her badly. Got a deaf intern where I work once. I completely understand not having the patience to put up with the deaf slowing everything down, especially when it's a total stranger. In the end I avoided interactions as much as possible with the guy.

I couldn't even frown at the kids and say "give her a break, she's disabled". I'd probably act the same if I were in that class.
>>
>>156927135
Are you saying it's the norm for 12 year olds to bully disabled children?

If that's what you did growing up, you are not normal even if you want to tell yourself that. You're simply scum.
>>
>>156928871
Because he is a stereotype. The stereotype of the negligent teacher. Ueno and Nishimiya's father serve the same purpose. They are bad with the victim only for the sake of being bad. Nishimiya, on the other hand, is the victim's stereotype, notice how kind and loving she is all the time (and no, this is not reflection of insecurity, she is really a very good girl, even when she tries to kill herself, it is not because she hates her aggressors but because she hates herself, it is like the author didn't want the reader to see any impurity in her). The only character who escapes from this and has more gray areas is the MC, sometimes he is cool, sometimes he is selfish, sometimes he feels hate for others, sometimes he wants to help them.

To sum up my point: Stereotypes do not serve to make supposedly realistic stories, but to make melodrama, to make the reader cry. And that's what KnK wants. And that's what KnK does. And that's why it's so famous.
>>
>>156929219
>They're not the one that's suppose to slap them on their head and tell them to stop being dicks unless absolutely necessary.
And he had reached way past that point. I'm not saying all teachers should, they only are supposed to teach academics and make sure they are functioning properly with each other to prepare for society which basically means they aren't behaving like chimps. They don't need to teach empathy to trouble cases, they should do some basics but Shouya needed his mom to explain shit to him, but they do need to stop them from hardcore bullying each other.
>>
>>156929315
It's not all that uncommon for children to tease/bully other children who stand out noticeably from the rest of the class. It doesn't mean they're abnormal psychopaths, they're just immature and lack empathy. People then grow up and realize their mistakes.
>>
>>156929029
>He never did anything like that, he just rationalized everything in a way that he could blame others rather than himself so he wouldn't have to do anything. It's called being in a passionless profession, you see this kind of behavior all the time with people who become teachers just because it's a job they could do.
You're assuming this based on cases you see in real life. But in the storytelling this is not shown, the character has no depth, he only exists to be the teacher who doesn't want to deal with problematic students.
>>
>>156929029
>> >>156929379
>>
>>156929379
A lot of Shoko's insecurity is because she can't understand what everyone around her is saying very well, so when there is a situation where people are hostile to her often she has to assume that she is at fault somehow.
>>
>>156929426
Like I said, he should have told the parents. Directly interfering is reserved for extreme cases or after they had talked to the parents about it and gotten their permission to do so. I have no problem with teachers being a good Samaritan, but for the most part, teachers are not parents and shouldn't be thought of as such.
>>
>>156922146
The story should've been from Shoko's POV and the guy should've killed himself when he wanted to.
>>
>>156929315
>Are you saying it's the norm for 12 year olds to bully disabled children?
It's the norm for 12 year olds to bully other children, disabled or not.
>>
>>156930259
That would have been anticlimactic. The story was about repentance and accepting that nobody is a wholly good person.
>>
>>156928089
>There's one manga, With the Light (or Hikari to Tomoni)
Can't find anything. Not TLd?
>>
File: 1479408100853.png (82KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479408100853.png
82KB, 725x1024px
Weren't the BDs suppossed to come out in May?
>>
>>156929463
>>156930353
lol this manga is like a magnet for people with bad natures who stamped on deaf children's hearing aids and want to tell themselves that they're normal

they probably think that it's normal to torture and kill cats too.

If you think that's normal then why don't you tell the next person you go on a date with that that's what you did as a kid? hahaha you scum.
>>
>>156933591
Were you homeschooled?
>>
what's all this moralfaggotry

it's a cute boy bullying a cute girl

it's about sexy
>>
>>156933591
>why don't you tell the next person you go on a date with that that's what you did as a kid
The same reason I won't tell on a date how my latest shit went and whether I liked it or not. Anyway, during the school years I was bullied, was bullying and was watching others bully, in no particular order and in many schools. It really is normal.
>>
The people in this thread who can't comprehend that children are little shits who misbehave in all sorts of ways are the ones who are too close to that age to be aware of how shitty a kid they were and it's the adults who recognize that kids can be unreasonably cruel/need to learn basic morals and ethics.

I didn't do any of that shit, my issue as a child was throwing tantrums in order to get things and always wanting someone to buy me something, but I knew PLENTY of kids that did that shit and have seen countless kids who do that stuff. He's also a child without a father figure which makes him statistically more likely to act out.
>>
>>156933380
5/17 I believe. Just a bit more to go.
>>
>>156927079
My mom's an English teacher in a quite rural town. Shit like this happens way too often these days, as she's putting it. It has come to the point that she almost don't give a shit if the parents aren't willing to cooperate with the school. She also understands that most of them came from a troubled marriage/financial background, so she tries to help them when they could (buying them school clothes/stationary/meals). Man, dealing this for 24 years must've been taking a toll on her mentally.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.