[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>celebrity brain scientist >attractive, 18 and never in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: Episode 10.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Episode 10.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>celebrity brain scientist
>attractive, 18 and never in a relationship
>first guy who is nice to her, she swoons hard
How did no guy ever ask her out? Someone explain this to me.
>>
>>156917676
Wish-fulfillment
>>
>>156917676
>>156917732

>Celebrity scientist
This doesn't make her as famous as you may think.

She probably spent all her youth surrounded by way older people and no fun. She's also a bit of an otaku.
>>
Consider that literally everyone around her would feel like a pedo
>>
>>156917676
>Celebrity scientist
She was popular in the scientific world mostly known because of her dad. Not a big thing to be a celeb just like you probably wouldn't know about being a e-celeb
She's been in those books for a good while, probably never got much time to go out
So, like most girls? Not to mention there had been a week or more of memories she was aware of working together
>>
>>156917676

I think the whole "saving her maniac father by taking the stab" had a bit of a role in it too
>>
>>156917863
>>156917838
But she spent the last 2 years of her life at Viktor Condria University and then was sent to Japan to give a lecture.

>>156917885
but her dad was a disgraced scientist, she surpassed him.

>So, like most girls? Not to mention there had been a week or more of memories she was aware of working together

She only remembers parts of it, she barely knows Okabe.
>>
>>156917997
I also forgot to mention she was good friends with a 22 year old girl, they even went to see a movie together. I'm surprised Maho or Leskinen didn't push her to improve her social life.
>>
>>156917997
>but her dad was a disgraced scientist, she surpassed him.

He was pretty well known prior too that, so the name was known. Then hearing an 18 year old is passing his works isn't like it won't turn some heads
>>
>>156917967
She only tried to save her dad because she thought there might be some good in him, she still loved him. Kurisu didn't realize she had feelings for Okabe at that point considering she doesn't know him on July 28th 2010.
>>
>>156917997
>But she spent the last 2 years of her life at Viktor Condria University and then was sent to Japan to give a lecture.
Still with people older than her, as a japanese, flat (not that I would complain) teenager that probably spent more of her time on imageboards and studying with few friends.

Also Okabe wasn't even that nice to her, yes he involuntarily gave her a "place to belong" but they also had great chemistry, he sometimes challenged her with his nonsense and they went through hard times together.
>>
Do you ask colleagues out usually?
>>
>>156918218
>Also Okabe wasn't even that nice to her
I meant when he volunteered to go to Aomori with her and then he called her a dear friend, just that little bit of kindness made her swoon for him.
>>
>>156918210
No I am saying that when Okabe saved her from her dad trying to stab him, that would definitely put a "I should probably get to know more about this dude" after. Not to mention as time flowed on further she would have begun remembering some things possibly
>>
File: 1491675604464.png (140KB, 317x315px) Image search: [Google]
1491675604464.png
140KB, 317x315px
>>156917676
SHE ISNT REAL
>>
>>156918272
This is a good point. Some companies look really down on it, not to mention it can make some awkward situations if things go bad.
>>
File: 1436583961577.png (1MB, 773x3726px) Image search: [Google]
1436583961577.png
1MB, 773x3726px
>>156917676
maybe kurisu is plain looking

i mean, in anime, it's rare that anyone is ugly because of the simplified art. japanese girls in real life rarely meet western standards of beauty, but in anime they're all smokin hot. so she's probably regular looking and so is okabe

also otaku wish fulfillment
>>
File: 1483780524784.png (181KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1483780524784.png
181KB, 510x510px
>>156918060
>Maho
>Social life

She is arguably as autistic as Kurisu when it comes to social relationships.
>>
>>156918362
Isn't that the Kurisu on the beta and Steins Gate world lines? That's an entirely different Kurisu. I'm talking about the Kurisu in the alpha world line who thought his chuunibyou act was mysterious yet annoying, but some how was the glue to a team of college kids. That's what she admired about him. There was no stabbing in the alpha world line.

Beta and SG world lines she only seen Okabe for minutes.
>>
>>156918343
I don't see why would you think that was the only moment that made her fall for him. And even if it were it was a really big matter for her. Even nice people usually don't offer to help others with family issues.
>>
File: sg0.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sg0.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
>>156918525
They do actually mention in the Visual Novel that she is very cute, and how many japanese have red hair, blue eyes and pale skin? Even Maho thinks she is cute.
>>
>>156918572
It was pretty well explained that people can sometimes recall times in other world lines, like how faris was able to do with some things. If a dude randomly shows up, saves you from being stabbed only after seeing you for a minute or two, then you start getting all these weird dreamlike memories happening I would imagine someone like Kurisu would not let that go so easy.
>>
>>156917676
She only became famous recently after the paper she wrote got published. Not to mention that besides Maho, all the other scientists that she works with are old dudes who are more worried about her research overshadowing them.
>>
>>156918655
I thought it was kinda implied she was mostly, if not totally, plain looking.
>>
>>
>>156917676
No one likes a flat chest
>>
Wait what. Did we watch the same shit? Okabe wasn't really nice to her at all. He teased her, got frustrated with her, and got into a fair few squabbles with her.

Of all the anime romances to shit on, this is not one of them.
>>
>>156918776
VN has a bunch of content left out, especially related to CERN. S;G is probably one of the best adaptations I've seen, but there is a lot of content missing.
>>
File: Okabe×Kurisu45.jpg (94KB, 813x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Okabe×Kurisu45.jpg
94KB, 813x1024px
>>156918697
>all the other scientists that she works with are old dudes who are more worried about her research overshadowing them.
This was also mentioned by her in the anime and the VN too. This is also a reason she was starting to get closer to Okabe.

But when was that point when she fell in love with him? During that MANLY confession?
>>
File: sg.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>156918709
Not from the VN that I read.
>>
She's flat.
>>
File: Kurisu and Mayuri shower.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kurisu and Mayuri shower.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>156918776
I wasn't clear in my OP, of course he teased her but only to get a reaction. I mean in that one instance he was nice, he fell for him.

>>156918966
Not in the VN but even if she was, she's got nice thighs, chestnut hair and good skin. There is plenty of girls that get boyfriends even with flat chest.
>>
>>156918556
I'm saying thats when her crush on Okabe started, before hand she thought his chuunibyou act was annoying but had its purpose from time to time on solving some issues. Early on she was creeped out by his behavior, thought he was a pervert who just wanted to sexually harass her. She doesn't start getting jealous about his closeness with Mayuri until much later.
>>
>>156918856
She most likely started falling for him when he told her he'd go to Aomori with her, and the memory fragments from the thousands of loops of him struggling to save Mayuri while relying on her compounded her feelings
>>
File: important.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
important.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>156919374
The funny thing the VN reveals Okabe only wanted to help with her father was because he wanted her head in the game, he thought he was manipulating her like an evil mad scientist. She didn't know that.

I'm not even sure when he fell, but its obvious when she did.
>>
Wasn't Okabe supposed to be rather good looking himself? He's also rather tall.
Despite his retarded antics, I recall him being supposed to be considerably intelligent too.
He's also a leader, and despite his original animosity toward Kurisu, he proved himself to be a very caring man to those who are close to him.

Not to mention Okabe and Kurisu were shown to have an amazing chemistry together.

So, no, this isn't really wish-fulfilment.
>>
>>156919604
Okabe is depicted as an alpha man, there isn't one woman in S;G that doesn't have the hots for him. Even when he feels like shit in SG0, they are still after his dick.
>>
>>156919604
Yeah Okabe is rather confident and strong, that goes a long way for women
>>
>>156919694
>Okabe is depicted as an alpha man, there isn't one woman in S;G that doesn't have the hots for him.
To be fair, this is just a common thing in anime, that even the blandest of chaps out there, even without any decent looks to him can get a harem of beautiful girls.
So, that doesn't really say much, and would fall under the wish-fulfilment idea.

However, in Okabe's case, he's actually got plenty of things going for him. He's got many traits that make it understandable why several girls like him.
>>
>>156918662
Well she wasn't able to remember where the lab was, she probably remembered some things considering she was in tears when she found him. However in SG0 people don't recall the other world lines at all, for some reason.
>>
>>156919959
Well yeah but people like Faris for example weren't able to recall queen mays until they were basically at the exact location or had an even to cause some of the flashbacks
>>
To be fair, Okabe is considered handsome canonically. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fueq8XN6U1A
And gags aside I recall a scene in SG:0 where maho comments that Okabe's profile is actually very dashing in spite of how gloomy it is. So he at least has looks down.
>>
The biggest issue with Okabe wasn't looks or anything like that. It was the mad scientist persona that made him just come off as a nutjob to a large amount of people.
>>
>>156920246
Didn't the creator say that only the VN's should be considered canon?

That said, Dr Reyes does try to feel him up at one point. Something about Okabe gets the girls wet, whether it be his connections with Kurisu and his mentor or his mysterious personality. Women love mysterious and tall guys, I suppose.
>>
>>156920425
He completely drops the act in 0 though, and instead he's a bit of a loner who doesn't talk to anyone. That pisses off Suzuha.
>>
>>156920515
Well yeah, but I am talking about the original S;G not 0
>>
>>156920577
Oh, but in that case how does Okabe managed to get so many girls since he's a bit of a goofball?
>>
File: 1411593566066.png (22KB, 494x217px) Image search: [Google]
1411593566066.png
22KB, 494x217px
>>156919731
>strong
>can't carry a 100lbs IBM
Pick one.
>>
>>156920945
I meant mentally, besides japs aren't that strong anyways
>>
oh great, now i want to rewatch this
>>
>>156917676
He is a loser chunibyou pseudo-scientist, like her father. It is all about freudian.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.