[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you like Kimi ni Todoke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: knt.jpg (34KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
knt.jpg
34KB, 225x315px
do you like Kimi ni Todoke?
>>
>>156908265
I thought it was cute, then again I read very little shoujo manga. It's kinda like Watamote, but a lot less crass and the main character isn't a piece of shit.
>>
Typical misunderstandings shit with the progress of a raging river of molasses.
>>
>>156908265
I started it and dropped it after about three episodes. Holy shit was that slow and incredibly generic. 26 episodes of walking through molasses with lead boots
>>
Kurumi should have won.

The friends were the better characters

Season 2 was more of the first season
>>
Sawako kawaii.
>>
>>156908265

Yes.
>>
>>156908545
i hate kurumi but youre right, the girl friends were much better.

the manga is still ongoing, right?
>>
i would have liked it more if it was half as long
>>
>>156908265
The manga is fucking boring.
>>
I thought the characters were too simple. I'm happy with the generic setting (I like Tsuki ga Kirei), but I couldn't find a good reason for the dude to like her. It's odd that her self-confidence is so low to begin with since she's apparently not ugly.
>>
>>156908265
Wasn't Sawako raped?
>>
>>156909133
Yeah, by me.
>>
yes, manga is slowly winding down to graduation. I suppose it'll end there, because it's a group split and would just be about Kurumi and Sawako taking education classes together at uni.

Sexy classes.
>>
>>156909895
i hope ayane wins the pin
>>
>>156909929
Ayane confessed to him in one of the recent chapters and he turned her down.
>>
File: sadako.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sadako.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>156908265
Have they fucked yet in the manga?
>>
>>156911023
It took later than two seasons of the anime to the manga itself for them to even kiss, they still get awkward when they hold hands and shit throughout the manga.

It would probably take years for these two to even fuck without getting awkward.
>>
>>156910916
oh. well if theyre graduation soon i wont count it out
>>
>>156908265

One of the better anime out there.
Animation style seems very dated and odd initially, over time its extremes in expression lead into an artistically driven narrative under the surface. Example - the 2 best friends Ayane and Chizuru, their "attractiveness" in animation style improves the more we get to know them. It's very subtle but happens. They are portrayed presumptively ugly the same way people see them as presumtively delinquents. Also - their friendship arc is one of the absolute best in anime and honestly I think the romance arcs play second fiddle to the secondary character development.
Has some of the best secondary character development in anime and really Sawako is more of a foil for everyone else.
Second season gets a little stupid at one point but is forgivable. I think it was a case where they weren't sure if they would get a second season so tied a bow on the first - then had the opportunity for the second so they untied the bow in a clumsy fashion. It was forgivable but first season best season.
The "ugliness" of the animation becomes an artistic expression in itself. I didn't like it initially and it took me a couple of tries to watch the series - but in hindsight the "ugliness" and its expressive transitions through the show are one of my favorite parts.
I'll say again - one of the best "Friendship" arcs in all of anime.
>>
>>156908265
I used to have a crush on a girl with low self-steem who compared herself to the ring girl so this manga gives me the feels because I never got around confessing to her due to a childish misunderstanding and now I'm a bi bitch with a thing for "older brother" types.
>>
>>156909079
see
>>156911319

Sawako, at least in the anime - functions as a foil for all the secondary characters and their development. It's weird, but Sawako is more like a secondary character in her development, while the focus is on her - the more "realistic, subtle and brilliant" development happens to everyone around her. Even her "rival" Ume gets a fantastic, gradual, and well crafted development arc.

>>156911023
>>156911207

90% of romance anime - hell, probably 95% of romance anime never have the main couple fuck. Y'all need to learn to interpret the puritanical narrative allegories of anime to the real world equivalent.

Holding hands = kissing/making out on the regular.

Kissing = heavy petting/fooling around on the regular.

Kissing on white Christmas eve (it always snows on Christmas eve in Anime= going all the way in a romantic fashion.
>>
>>156911760
do you have any recommendations? this is the first romance anime ive ever really sat down and watched and i like the slow burn
>>
Yes. Especially S1.

Sawako is cute. Maybe the only Moe done right.
>>
>>156911853

I've binged on most and they are few and far between. I can honestly say Kimi ni Todoke is the only romance anime I've seen with the same sort of structure. A close cousin is Sukitte Ii na yo - but for totally different themes and reasons. If side character development and a slow burn is the virtue of Kimi ni Todoke - then realistic romance written by someone who's actually been in an adult relationship and isn't piling on the melodrama is the virtue of Sukitte Ii na yo.
I enjoyed Sukitte Ii na yo about as much as I enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke, but like I wrote - for entirely different reasons. It also has above average supporting character development - not to the extent that Kimi ni todoke does though (I don't think many anime do).
I'd acutally recommend watching other anime before moving onto Sukitte Ii na yo if you haven't seen it yet because that particular well isn't at all plentiful.

An even more distant cousin is Golden Time - but Golden Time starts to quickly fall into "traditional romance anime" tropes - but it definitely feels like a slow burn. I also enjoyed it immensely but it felt more like a guilty pleasure and less because it was subtle in its narrative.
>>
>>156911853

From someone who dropped Todoke after just 2 episodes.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Ii na yo, Ore Monogatari and Toradora.

A good mix of slow and medium burn right here. I also dropped Ore Monogatari after 2 episodes only to find out a year later that it wasn't what I thought it was gonna be at all.

Some great op/ed with Toradora and Tonari
>>
yes, and I still listen to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRdAJtXqrU
>>
>>156908265
Does the baseball dude get with the tomboy?
>>
>>156908545

Kurumi shined in her defeat, one of the reasons the show was so great. in fact, without her being so awesome the show would have been nothing.
>>
>>156908265
where the fuck is season 3
>>
>>156913155
Yes. They're basically engaged.
>>
>>156908265
Loved watching it the first time, felt s2 was a little off though. Can bring myself to rewatch it without seeing glaring issues of overuse on misunderstandings at every turn
>>
>>156912543
>Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
>Good
Seriously?
Sasayan & Puke chan story is great, but as a whole series Kaibutsu is so bad compared to Todoke.
>>
That feeling I remember Blazing Bat and Cookie-kun
>>
>>156913455
Pretty easy to remember Blazing Bat, it's the only good thing to come out of this shitty series.
>>
SAWAKO NOT SADAKO
A
W
A
K
O
>>
>>156913297
They should push Sawako into a secondary character role with no misunderstandings - just a normal development of her relationship in the background and focus season 3 on someone else - they should have done it for season 2 really, but I'm guessing its up to the manga writer.

Season 1 Sawoko
Season 2 Chizuru or Ayane
Season 3 Ume

Would have been brilliant.
>>
>>156913437
He asked for slow burn, not good. The only thing I like about it was the op and it tricked me into watching the whole thing because of that part in the op where she throws a leash around his neck. It always stuck with me that she was going to be grooming him into a responsible functioning person.

Instead they kept trading places on who wanted to fuck and who didn't while the dude chased his cock around.
>>
I'm still reading the manga and I don't give a shit about Kazeheya. Everything happening around them is far more interesting, and I don't even give a shit about Sawako that much either at this point since their relationship is basically fucking nothing still. Even Kurumi became really great, and her friendship with Sawako is actually more engaging than the main romance.
>>
File: 106_36.png (448KB, 828x1300px) Image search: [Google]
106_36.png
448KB, 828x1300px
>>156908265
yeah and the manga is fucking great, I cried with the last kurimi and sawako chapter, latest chapters are doing really well
>>
>>156913513
I feel KnT poops all over Suki-tte ii na yo and Tonari
>>
I heard many people saying that Tsuki ga Kirei is actually good. Is that true, Romancefag?
>>
>>156914431
>Tsuki ga Kirei
>currently airing

I cannot stand watching shit week to week so I'll have to wait to find out.
>>
Blazing Bat's legend will continue on in university, where he has one last chance to reach THE TOP in the college league. His wife will support him wholeheartedly from their ramen shop.
>>
>>156914431
it's good, I think that its greater strength and greater weakness is that is more realistic than the major part of the romance anime on nowdays, however I'm thinking seriously on drop it because I just don't find it interesting nor entertaining
>>
>>156911354
You deserve suffering for being a faggot.
>>
this show is ok but it's unnecessarily dragged too long with dumb misunderstandings
there's a scene where they both confess simultaneously yet they both end up thinking they got rejected
that could easily be resolved so it just gets annoying fast
>>
>>156915964

That was season 2 - and yeah, it was stupid. Probably the biggest mistake of the series creatively. Could have been handled better but having someone else interested in Sawako was a plus for the story I think - they should have had him play it straight though instead of having him be a mustache twirling villain.
>>
>>156915964
yeah, that was pretty ridiculous.
but the show rectified it rather quickly. and that annoying teacher actually had his best/most perceptive moment when helping correct that stupid misunderstanding
>>
File: Screenshot (193).png (3MB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (193).png
3MB, 2736x1824px
>>156908265
I've been watching it, it's nice. I like her twintails.
>>
>>156908265
One of the few times I will say that pacing was it's worst quality. There are parts where the story seems to be making forward progress between the two while ending up to just flutter into nothingness, only to pick up out of the blue sometime later for no explainable reason
>>
File: kimi ni todoke.jpg (152KB, 950x688px) Image search: [Google]
kimi ni todoke.jpg
152KB, 950x688px
I enjoy the manga, and it helped me hop onto the shoujo manga train, but I just never gave the anime a chance. I can't imagine that it does the series justice, and just from looking at the stills, something from the art gets lost in translation. And on the topic of the manga - I haven't caught up entirely, but I fear that something running for as many chapters as it has will eventually feel very dragged out or badly paced.

I think something that helps the manga is that the side characters really are very good.
>>
>>156912543
>Ore Monogatari
Terrible and overrated.
>>
>>156916666
I enjoyed it, think i gave it 6/10
Why do you think it's terrible?
>>
>Picked up Paradise Kiss because some anon said it was good
>Still can't even pass episode 5 until now
I don't know, the MC is 3slut5me.

Also, Sakamichi no Apollon is the worst romance series i've ever watched. The FeMC is complete dogshit.
>>
>>156917023
i liked apollon but can we at least agree that the op's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTw9tYs5bEQ
>>
>>156911853
Learn to fucking type.

Also
>Cross Game
Check it out.
>>
>>156917121
Yup, the music part was great.
>>
>>156911354
I never watched this show, but my ex told me we were JUST like this couple (in appearance and, according to her, in personality too). My ex loved that anime and was amazed that we became bf-gf SO fast (like after going out one time) because she thought relationship formalization took longer to achieve like in animes and movies (she was the purest girl ever). Man, I miss her
>>
File: Capture.jpg (60KB, 354x543px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
60KB, 354x543px
>>156908265
I do, it's a very comfy show and manga. It's slow if you're watching it just for the romance but I enjoy the overall atmosphere, cast, and soundtrack.

Also

Sawako is beautiful!
>>
>>156917558
>animes
>>
>>156917558
>>156911354
>animes
/a/ is not your personal blog.

Fuck off.
>>
>>156908265
Only the live-action
>>
Sawako and Kazehaya's relationship is so boring. Almost any chapter with them now is them hand touching or kissing like do something new.
>>
YASASHI HIDAMARI GA~~~
>>
No I don't.
1) I hate slow romances. Its a romance story, lets see romance.
2) Slow romance can be forgiven if they have really memorable characters. Sawako and Kazehaya-kun are two of the most BLAND characters in shoujo manga history. I want to smack the hell out of both of them so they at least can be interesting for once in their lives.

How it does well enough to get anime I will never know. Ryu and Ayane are both cool though.
>>
File: cross game.jpg (484KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
cross game.jpg
484KB, 1536x960px
>>156917122
this desu
>>
the doujins of it are really nice, but i'd have dropped the series a long time ago if it wasn't for ayane and pin possibly getting together
>>
>>156908452
>>156908900
This. By the time Kurumi took the spotlight in the first season, the bloody "Sadako is a misunderstood girl who's actually good at everything" shtick had more than overstayed its welcome. It got better when they finally gave her a break and switched to Chizu and Ryu's arc.
>>
What ever happened to the Tamaki looking guy from S2?
>>
>>156908265
I watched the first season. The art was very pretty, but the MCs were too boring for me to give a shit and the misunderstandings drama was too cheap. Why do people act like this is the greatest high school shoujo that ever was?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.