[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the hell did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

what the hell did I just watch?
>>
The place promised in our early days
>>
>2deep4u: the chinese cartoon
>>
>>156873959
Its all relative desu~
>>
so what was the purpose of the whole tower thing?

was it just:
>2deep4u

or did it serve a purpose, like the religious symbolism in neon genesis
>>
The deepest Makoto Shinkai movie ever.
>>
>>156873902
The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
>>
>>156874102
It's not relevant, but that doesn't mean it's without purpose. It isn't hard to figure out this film; don't try to pull out bullshit about "2deep4u" or anything of the ilk.
>>
>>156874102
I'm going to bite this bait.

>implying the religious symbolism in neon genesis wasn't a case of 2deep4u
It was fun and you can read lots into it but the author certainly didn't put as much thought into it as fans searching for meaning in choices made on the basis that it looked and sounded cool.
>>
I watched this for the scenery and plane
>>
>>156874324
>the deep end of a kiddie pool is "deep"
>>
It's definitely Shinkai's weakest film, but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. I liked the sci-fi in it alot. I liked the way the parallel world stuff was tied to the Girl, and that there wasn't a star trek infodump of technobabble to explain what was going on. The focus was the promise they made to each other.
>>
>>156874577
It seems like he could have developed the relationship between the three so much better without introducing loose threads or undeveloped characters. And at the same time he doesn't show how characters feel, but make them say out loud, which makes it feel artificial

>why did there need to be a war?
>why show that the factory guy and his psychologist friends built their own airplane in their youth?
>what's so important about the girl's grandfather being the one who designed the tower?

Just so many things started, but left undeveloped for no clear reason
>>
>>156874816
Nope. The dream x reality scene is great. His weakest movie is the Kodomo one.
>>
>tfw you realise the prologue was in the future (no more tower) so things didn't work out between him and Saiyuri in the end
>>
>>156874853
Why does someone need to understand how the entire world works in order to understand the tale of a romance?

The answers are not relevant to the story.
>>
>>156873902
The days promised in our early place.
>>
>>156873902
>directed by Makoto Shinkai

Forced drama fill with plot holes and gorgeous imagery
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.