[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: loli berserk.jpg (14KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
loli berserk.jpg
14KB, 231x218px
Ok, I just restarted to read Berserk and, after few chapters, now Guts has a party equipped with magical items and lolis. I don't dislike it, but is it going to be like this from now on? Why this kind of change in tone?
>>
>Why this kind of change in tone?
Because Berserk is an old manga that Miura started when he was young and edgy. Now he's older and more appreciative of other things. He won't simply end Berserk, because he owes it to us to bring it to some sort of conclusion, but the tone shift is there to stay.
>>
It's going to be a little bit like that from now on. Guts and his new party will go through some hardships, but eventually come through and grow closer and stronger.

However, Miura is Miura. No matter how long it lasts, you must never forget that it's all done for you to lower your guard. Though they're as lovable and well-written as the old group, if not more, any attachment you feel towards them is only there to hurt you even more when their hopes and dreams are all brutally shattered.

Guts is a destroyer, not a protector. None of their smiles will last. And it will all be his fault. His, and Griffith's. They're all headed for the maelstrom of tortured souls, and they will take a piece of your heart with them when they leave, and that hole opened during the Eclipse will grow even larger.

Yes, things are a lot more hopeful, and the genre has shifted a bit more towards high fantasy. But that doesn't mean you should lower your guard.

It's a trick.

You will be hurt.
>>
>>156838256

Works are more or less a reflection of who is making them.

Berserk isn't really serious, mature, or even imposing as it was once before and even in the dark swordsmen days there was a bit of light here and there.

Like thirty years have gone by and the work now reflects Miura's current interest, thus it's more light-hearted, and less mature. Hell his art also dropped as I'm guessing it was either hard to keep up or he doesn't really care and is more interested in living comfortably than living stressed out working.

As for the magic, i'm guessing they needed some kind of buff to handle the battles ahead, it sucks sure, but hell i'm able to stretch my disbelief to deal with it. Hell they're going up against gods. They need something and i'm sure what they have now will not be enough.

Schierke does kinda suck though, she's basically the answer to damn near all things unknown and the answer to nearly every problem, she's WMD of the party and when dealing with high numbers it comes down to protecting her while she charges her uber-super spirit bomb on the enemies, not only that her naked loli ass also must be present with Guts during his battles intense battles. Thus both groups work around or through her.
>>
>>156838256
The world around Guts is changing. Sure, he could've lasted if it were just him, but everything changed at the end of Conviction where he had to bring Casca along. He can't deal with all the shit around him and watch Casca, so he let others join him so they can help. The others can't fully deal with the changing world like Guts can, so they get magical items. Guts' body can only go so far, so he gets the Berserker armor to take him past his limits (at a price, of course)

The tone has gotten lighter because Guts is getting friendlier. Guts is nothing like he was in Black Swordsman or Lost Children, and if you're about where the Grunbeld fight is, from there on you'll see Guts lighten up so much more. At least, that's probably the manga explanation. For all we know Miura is going to bring in more girls for Guts and just turn this into his own idolmaster

>>156839239
>Hey guys here's my FAN THEORY!
Fuck off
>>
>>156840592
Are you seriously >implying Elfhelm isn't going to burn to the ground sometime in the near future?
>>
>>156840788
Yes because all fan theories are shit, no one has been right about anything for as long as Berserk has existed
>>
>>156838256

In a horror movie a lot of ancillary characters are introduced so as to be killed off later on.

Like the band of the hawk was.

Basically this is gonna end in one way and one way only:

Schierke is gonna be raped retarded by a monster and Guts is gonna have to drag her around the place on a leash.
>>
>>156840918
Reminder that Schierke and Farnese feel everything Casca felt.

>>156840839
You're a retard if you haven't realized that the rape train pays regular visits to Guts' friends and that it's pretty much due sometime in the next dozen or so chapters.
>>
>>156842262
>You're a retard
>has a fan theory
keep projecting
>>
>>156842262
>the rape train pays regular visits
I can think of one such occurrence, and it served to establish the setting.
What regular visits are you talking about?
>>
>>156838256
>now Guts has a party equipped with magical items and lolis
>this is bad

Schierke is hot
>>
>>156842357
>guts' inner demon almost rapes retard casca, twice
>rape horse sticks the tip in farnese
>trolls fuck and eat a peasant, then eat her brother
>princess nearly raped by her dad
>griffith implied to be raped by torturer
>troll cave is an actual rape den from hell
>the Eclipse
>Guts' dad figure has him raped in the ass for money
>still feel like I'm forgetting something
Dude, Berserk might as well be called Muderrape: the Manga.
>>
>>156843095

I guess you could count the pregnant rape slaves who were tossed into the giant demon womb during the mass demon army creation.
>>
>>156843095
Oh sorry, I didn't quote right.
>the rape train pays regular visits to Guts' friends
Most of that shit is background flare that doesn't really touch "tbe party".
The rape of Guts/Casca didn't even ruin anything, it just moved characterization forward.
>>
>>156843197
>rape of casca didn't ruin anything
You're the retard other retarded people treat the way normal people treat retards. PTSD Casca is the worst thing since Nina.
>>
>>156843877
Casca was retarded before Guts raped her. What are you talking about?
>>
>>156843095
BULL SHIT! The Ed the Raper Horse never even stuck it in What chapter?????[/ spoiler]
>>
>>156838256
>Why this kind of change in tone?
I blame IdolM@$ter.
>>
>>156843095
>>griffith implied to be raped by torturer
>>rape horse sticks the tip in farnese
Are you fucking retarded m8
>>
File: 1477783797514.png (306KB, 977x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1477783797514.png
306KB, 977x1400px
>>156842309

You're so retarded Casca thinks your dumb.
You're such a weak streak of piss even farnese princess carries you.
You're so childish even fairies want you to grow the fuck up.
>>
File: 1489975762761.png (319KB, 1068x641px) Image search: [Google]
1489975762761.png
319KB, 1068x641px
>>156850511
>You're such a weak streak of piss even farnese princess carries you.
I wish
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.