[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started off watching Rokujouma after hearing about it the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: capture.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
I started off watching Rokujouma after hearing about it the other day with a tiny amount of hope, since the girls were all fighting with each other and gambling over stupid games to kick each other out of house and steal it from the MC. It had the potential to at least be mildly amusing. Sadly, they forgot about this part after the second episode for no apparent reason, and everybody became bestest best friends. They had fun together, ate dinner, and went to the theater together. They would fight the random villain of the week together.

Plus, the girls are all boring (except the magical girl I guess, she's okay even if only to laugh at) and there’s barely any fanservice, so it doesn’t even contain the usual appeal of harem anime. I don’t get the point.
>>
TO

THE

LAST

PAGE
>>
>>156816382
The relationships between them and how they develop from fighting to kick each other out to protect their home is the point of the show. Besides, it's one of the only harem where each girl is best girl, shame you didn't like them.
>>
>>156816796
>The relationships between them and how they develop from fighting to kick each other out to protect their home is the point of the show.
I could have bought that if they were at each others' throats and only driven together by adversity and really learning more about one another, but it was almost as early as the third or fourth episode that they all suddenly started being buddies (I think being exploded at the athletic festival may have been literally the last time they were ever fully antagonistic to one another) and by the next episode they were going on vacations together.
>>
>>156816971
The third episode was the third volume, so maybe the pacing affected that.
>>
>>156816382
I agree. The show is complete garbage. I don't undrstand why anyone on this board would like it.
>>
>>156817315
It's "comfy" and /a/ is a sucker for friendship simulators.
>>
File: TIME TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF.jpg (633KB, 1911x2153px) Image search: [Google]
TIME TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF.jpg
633KB, 1911x2153px
>>>/cgl/
>>
Yeah it was pretty mediocre and forgettable, as usual decent ideas got ruined because author is another hack who can't write. As expected of harem LN
>>
>>156817295
You mean they skipped to the third volume, or that they were doing one whole volume every episode?
>>
>>156816382
You should try reading the LN man. Its a goodread i swear
>>
>>156820160
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that for any series I could fund my own anime.
>>
File: waaah.png (99KB, 233x334px) Image search: [Google]
waaah.png
99KB, 233x334px
>>156816664
>>
>>156819448
First volume was one episode. Second was two.
>>
>>156821526
god, no wonder half the girls in episode 1 seemed like an afterthought.
>>
cute gf
>>
>>156821998
Having read the LNs, the way they did the entire introduction of the girls was so much better in the anime personally.
>>
>>156822166
That's true. I kind of regret not reading the first few volumes.

>>156820644
It's true though. The thing about LN adaptations is that they often prune stuff from the print material in order to crunch the story to a specific timeframe.
>>
>>156822166

I disagree. People always want accuracy and faithfulness but they always forget the strengths of the medium, the first volume wouldn't have worked in the anime. The way they just dumped all the girls in one massive clusterfuck of chaos is by far a better move than just trying to adhere to every little line in an LN.
>>
>>156823247
But then they didn't really cover how and why the guy joined the knitting club in the first place. The anime might have done it just fine, but the reason's different in the LN.
>>
Read the light novels, they're great. I don't want to spoil things but the relationship development between the MC and some of the invaders is really well done. It starts very slow though so have patience.
>>
>>156823427
>It starts very slow though so have patience.
If had a dollar for every time I heard that in relation to a LN or a VN, I could pay off the national debt of Greece.
>>
>>156823462
It really does though. The first few volumes are kind of shit to be honest. I'll give a minor spoiler but when they start working on the play is when things start to pick up. The plot remains boring the entire time but the way they slowly become closer feels really comfortable. I guess the way to describe it would be organic, maybe? Usually with romance things the characters just suddenly decide they like each other because of some major event. But in this series it's all of the small things adding up to them becoming friendlier and friendlier. By the time you get 8-10 volumes in there's no way you won't like all of the characters. Keep in mind, I'm not some shit eater, I'm generally very critical of LNs and do think most of them are shit.
>>
Yurika faito!
>>
I'm still amazed they had the balls to fit five and a half LN volumes into one cour and still give it a satisfying as fuck conclusion while still being open for a S2 NEVER ;_; feel to it.
>>
>>156823574
Interesting thing to note is that the author had some contingency plans for that series, and he could've just ended it in Volume 3, 5 or 7.
>>
>>156823574
Ah, don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying you're wrong or your opinion sucks, I'm just saying that this pattern of "stick with it for the first five volumes" or "stick with it for the first 10 hours" seems to be pretty frequent. Even moreso than "give it the three episode rule" for anime.
>>
>>156823854
I have seen that with several light novels though. It does seem to be a common trend that things don't pick up until a while in. It's not people shitposting, just the reality of the industry. I think the reason why is because light novel authors expect their series to be canceled within 3-5 volumes and only start planning long term when it gets beyond that hump.
>>
>>156823936
You'd think that if they were worried about early cancellation, they'd go all out to make those early volumes as interesting as possible.
>>
>>156824286
Yeah I can see what you're saying but the LN industry is something where they just throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks. To draw manga takes an immense amount of skill and time, but theoretically you can write a volume of a new LN in a day. So I guess the idea is, it's better to focus on getting more ideas out than to commit too hard to a single series.
>>
>>156824383
I guess that's a fair enough strategy if your customers are not the particularly discerning kind. I guess I could throw it onto my backlog, if only the translator's website wasn't such a pain to read from.
>>
>>156823665
Would have felt kind of weird to end before all the heroines had gotten some focus.
>>
>>156824383
They do usually run contests to try to weed out the real crap at least.
>>
File: Last page.jpg (52KB, 513x562px) Image search: [Google]
Last page.jpg
52KB, 513x562px
>>156816664
>>
File: invaders beach.jpg (3MB, 1920x2178px) Image search: [Google]
invaders beach.jpg
3MB, 1920x2178px
>>156817726

I love them. Especially tits
>>
>>156823936
IIRC the author says at one point that he planned the first ten volume out so that any loose ends could be wrapped up quickly if he was canceled.
By the tenth volume he felt comfortable with his audience, which is also where he got a lot more ambitious story wise.

>>156829139
Tits doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>156829531
Sorry, Kiriha is a terrible person.
>>
>>156830345
Kii-chan is cute, and she aged nicely.
>>
File: 1491725970726.png (1B, 486x500px)
1491725970726.png
1B, 486x500px
>25 Volumes (Ongoing
>>
>>156830612
to bh it'll probably wrap up around volume 30 or something.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.