[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the 2010s proven him wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Hayao-Miyazaki-Caterpillar.jpg (457KB, 1920x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Hayao-Miyazaki-Caterpillar.jpg
457KB, 1920x1241px
Have the 2010s proven him wrong?
>>
>>156801727
No.
>>
elaborate
>>
Not, it proven him right
>>
Kill la Kill proved us all wrong.
>>
>>156802107
I expected it to be good and it proved me wrong
>>
>>156801727

10's have been a fucking disappointment to be honest. And it started so good too
>>
>>156802226
Anime looks prettier than it has since the late 1990s/early 2000s, and the average quality has increased. Despite this however I think there aren't nearly as many great shows.
>>
>>156802337
First half of the 2000s was the best time.
>>
Proven him wrong about what?
>>
>>156802438
The industry being shit, everyone only knowing how to draw cute girls.
>>
>>156802438
Being old and cranky.
>>
>>156802451
he was right then
>>
>>156802438
about the fact that those who write anime, manga and novels are people who have no contact with other human beings and can only make stories that don't have a proper conection with the true human nature
>>
>>156802768
Then I'm glad he's right.
>>
>>156802768
anime sure has a cancerous subculture of misanthropy or whatever, but it's not as if this is a new problem. even those who make "high art" have throughout history been societal rejects
>>
>>156802399
This post should be a sticky on all boards.
It's irrefutably the best time in pop culture and everything else up to this point
>>
>>156803044
>best time in pop culture and everything else up to this point
Want to take a guess why I know that you were around 5 years old back then?
>>
>Miyazaki

Fuck him. The people he complains about are the ones who put him on the map and are the reason he can make all his pretentious bullshit now. Miyazaki came up in the 80s during the renaissance of Japanese culture. He was a part of the artistic movement that created today's otaku.

He's a stingy old man who needs to shut up and retire already. If it weren't for Lupin the III no one would give a fuck about him enough to let him make his pretentious bullshit for Disney.
>>
>>156803303

I was genuinely moved by the earthquake scene in The Wind Rises. What in the fuck was so pretentious about that?
>>
>>156803303
>let him make his pretentious bullshit for Disney.
Just wow, how deluded are you?
>>
>>156803447
>What in the fuck was so pretentious about that?

Nothing. It's everything else. Miyazaki is the anime equivalent of those people who want video games to "mature" and go around making walking simulators.

>>156803502

All of Ghibli's films are distributed, sold and marketed by Disney outside of Japan.
>>
>>156803596
>All of Ghibli's films are distributed, sold and marketed by Disney outside of Japan.
Just in the USA. Ghibli films are distributed by a shit-ton of companies all around the world, and none of them are related to their production.
>>
>>156803596
Just go back to /v/ kid to complain about the latest Call of Duty being about some shit history book.
>>
>>156803596
>Nothing. It's everything else. Miyazaki is the anime equivalent of those people who want video games to "mature" and go around making walking simulators.

You might be the only person alive that hasn't seen a single film from this guy.

>>156801727
Industry's bad, but there's talent. However, last years have been pretty bland.
>>
There was a guy that says no literature or piece of work can ever match up to Bakemonogatari.

I don't understand. I watched it. It was decent.
Is the novel better?
>>
>>156803769
we're complaining about sjws in the new cod though, and jews (may they be gassed)
also, hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>156804853
there it is, the most reddit post in this board's history
>>
>>156802399
You mean the awkward transition to digital where everything looked like shit?
>>
No. anime is trash, read the fucking manga.
>>
>>156805008
mangafags should get own board.
>>
>>156801727
I think he is mainly right about Otaku being the downfall of the industry. The Otaku that existed many years ago were just people wanted to expressed themselves in the midst of the political turmoil and aftereffects that World War II left on Japan.

What is consider an Otaku now really is the image of a bunch of people that could be consider losers that just want to entirely avoid reality.They make work that doesn't really have any human feeling in it and is downright garbage too look at unless you turn your brain off. All the talented people in the industry either were driven away because of the fact they can't find anyone willing too support their projects because of the current market or just watering themselves down by conforming to the current market so that they can have their stuff get produced.
>>
>>156804924
stfu weeb
>>
>>156803596
>it was /v/ all along
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>156804928
It's easy to get used to blurriness. The early 2000s had many good anime.

Don't know if I agree it was the best, but it was probably a good time.
>>
>>156801727
First and foremost what is it you think he thinks? All I ever hear from people are mistranslations, misunderstandings and straight up lies.
>>
>>156804924
Truly an achievement. I would laugh at him for it but then again I am a Jew and he is merely my subordinate, so I laugh at him all day already

and I can't change that
>>
>>156801727
Old goat
>>
>>156805375
So back then otakus used their status as otakus to express themselves and todays otakus are just trying to escape reality?
>>
File: pschew.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pschew.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>156804265
Only reddit likes that shit. Monogatari is perfect for the kind of person who writes essays and "deconstructions" about anime.
>>
File: gomu.jpg (147KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gomu.jpg
147KB, 1366x768px
>>156801727
>overrated westaboo director's opinion means anything
kek
>>
>>156813130
>westaboo
>>
>>156811517
They didn't call themselves Otaku. They behave like ordinary people, but was better at expressing themselves then what is called Otaku today.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.