[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't particularly like Mugi but she didn't deserve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: mugi.jpg (215KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
mugi.jpg
215KB, 800x500px
I don't particularly like Mugi but she didn't deserve to be the 5th wheel throughout the entire show. What makes it even worse was that she provides them all with the resources they need to do whatever they want and was one of the first members, and yet she's always on the outside.
>>
>>156801203
I don't see that way
She got the same screen time as the others, besides Yui
>>
>>156801275
Yeah, but Yui and Azusa were a pair, and so were Mio and Ritsu. Mugi just helicoptered around them.
>>
>>156801387
That's precisely how she wanted it.
Mugi is a voyeur.
>>
Mugi was just the resident /u/fag.
>>
>>156801203
That's what happens when you're the only black member of a band.
>>
File: Ritsu_and_Mugi_in_the_arcade.jpg (122KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
Ritsu_and_Mugi_in_the_arcade.jpg
122KB, 1000x637px
Mugi is my favorite character in the show and my waifu. While I'd have liked to see her get more screen time, she has good characterization; the undercurrent behind her actions is that she seeks approval and friendship from the other girls (from both providing resources and supplying the tea and cake); she gets it but still feels like an outsider at times. This is why she gets so passionate when she gets one-on-one time with any of them (see her episode with Ritsu) and why she was the first to start crying after the final culture festival. She comes from a wealthy, sheltered background, and actively seeks to avoid it (except when she can exploit it to benefit her friends) immerse herself in more mainstream culture and activities. This doesn't make her fake or ingenuine, though; her generosity and passion are very apparent. I honestly rewatch Summer Classes every few weeks since I have trouble committing to another full rewatch of K-On; it's so perfect at showing all these aspects of Mugi's character, plus others (like her impulsive streak that hides under her composed veneer).

this post is going to be ignored and will be followed by BLACKED spam
>>
>>156801203
Well, that's because in the manga, that's all Tsumugi was there for. Plot device and material handler.

Kyoani pretty much had to breathe life into the character with episodes like>>156801602
>>
>>156801387
>>156801456
if this was true, it would elevate her to being the best character of the show. if she did it out of preference. which honestly isn't impossible depending on how you like to bend things in your head to fit the theory, which is really the most fun part of fiction in my opinion
>>
>>156802031

There's a case for this; not having a close personal relationship like Mio-Ritsu or Yui-Azusa but still being the glue binding the group together.
>>
>>156802543
in addition to the final form of the group, when the group originally formed, with just Mio and Ritsu, Mugi had to know that she'd always be the third wheel when she joined that, even before the others joined. She's fine being isolated to a certain extent.

to say she's the glue holding the group together, i'm not so sure how you're getting that
>>
>>156801387
>Yui and Azusa were a pair, and so were Mio and Ritsu
and so ae Mugi and John, amen.
>>
>>156801203
She was sidelined because everyone was scared of her outrageous strength.
>>
>>156802733

Would it really be the Keion-bu without the tea and cake? She's also a sort of mediator between the more uptight (Mio/Azusa) and more irresponsible (Yui/Ritsu) girls.

>>156802978

>>>/out/
>>
File: miostrangle.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
miostrangle.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>156803019
in reality they should have feared mio all along. tremendous strength and not hesitant to abuse it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.