[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I picked this up few days ago, can someone explain what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 41

I picked this up few days ago, can someone explain what the fuck is wrong with him?
>>
>>156793281
just drop it
>>
>>156793281
>I picked this up few days ago
You new?
>>
>>156793281
How many times have you made this thread?
>>
>>156793281
Overall I didn't think the show was that bad, but he is honestly one of the worst MC's I've ever seen.
There is literally not a single redeeming feature from him.
>>
>>156793281
Is he the most controversial MC since Shinji?
>>
>>156793456
I want to think that's the same guy making it for the past few months.
>>
>>156793419
No, I simply avoided watching it when it aired because threads seemed like complete cancer and so I decided to wait it out.
>>156793456
Once, just now.
>>
Oh dont remind me that scene was so goddamn frustrating
>>
>>156793577
Sounds about right.
Some consider them the best MCs ever created while some seem them as just badly written characters in decent shows.
>>
>take a fucking episode just to talk about their feelings in a visual medium
PEOPLE WILL DEFEND THIS.
>>
File: oh really now.jpg (119KB, 718x632px) Image search: [Google]
oh really now.jpg
119KB, 718x632px
>>156793902
>rezero
>decent
>>
He want the half elf pussy , he wanted to top silver hair girl ass since he was in the real world
>>
File: 1476032266336.jpg (92KB, 648x820px) Image search: [Google]
1476032266336.jpg
92KB, 648x820px
>>156794164
I want the half-elf pussy.
>>
File: mika came here to laugh at you.jpg (164KB, 581x501px) Image search: [Google]
mika came here to laugh at you.jpg
164KB, 581x501px
>>156794217
>wanting a commie witch
>>
File: 1476028491967.jpg (352KB, 770x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1476028491967.jpg
352KB, 770x1089px
>>156794251
I can't help it, she's too hot.
>>
His goal is to amass as much power as possible in the least time possible, Emilia was a natural choice for him.
>>
File: Pleiades.png (22KB, 922x265px) Image search: [Google]
Pleiades.png
22KB, 922x265px
>>156793281
>explain what the fuck is wrong with him
>>
>>156793898
Not like anyone cares though. Rem became his girlfriend anyways and if you read From Zero that line literally means nothing in regards to Emilia.
>>
>>156794251
She has some really bad policy ideas, but not so bad as communism.
>>
>>156793281
Because he's implied to be the big bad of the series? Or the fact that his template is "villain"? Are people too retarded to pick this up or something?
>>
>The cunning, devious, opportunistic, backstabbing servant getting rejected by the guy whom she tried to steal from her own master.
Can't say that maid didn't deserve it but I do somehow feel bad for her.
>>
>>156795612
No it because you are responding to a bait thread. If you go to desuarchive and look up that image its literally one guy dedicated to shitposting.
>>
>>156793281
That scene was better in the WN.
Rem spends the whole speech admitting and demonstrating how she's been stalking Subaru,
and Subaru spends the whole speech internal monologuing about how Rem is too good for him.
>>
He's obsessed with Emilia longer and he's known Rem for two months.

Rem is over there talking about their future together with the kids, the dogs&cats and white picket fences when he hasn't even dicked her down and Subaru is completely obsessed with a girl half because of magic bullshit and half because all the shit they talked about in this episode with him being worthless.

It's all completely fucked.
>>
File: matoitroll.png (234KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
matoitroll.png
234KB, 480x480px
>>156795677
>>
>>156795557
>Rem became Subaru's girlfirend
Too bad WoE is a bitch
>>
>>156793281
There's nothing wrong with it, he made his choise and he stick with it.
>>
>>156795812
Roswaal or WoE pretty much dug their own grave because Subaru went full loyal husbando to Rem now and Subaru no longer parallels Roswaal and Echidnas relationship with Emilia because of it. Nothing can beat the love of a good woman apparently, not even the gospel.
>>
>>156794017
To be honest, it's a problem with how the whole story is written. They had to cut a lot of shit out because it's just not well-designed for a visual medium.
>>156795612
It's not obvious if you don't read the source material. That's the problem.

Anyhow, I got to the confession scene while reading through the WN, so I decided to see how everyone reacted to From Zero and Rem. The thread seemed to have at least tripled its activities, a lot more people started giving their impressions and reviews, and lots of shit about how Rem's heroine power has pierced the heavens and transcended the galaxy. Comments about how eyes are sweating, despite it being cold, and how a character has given them chest pain for the first time ever. Apparently she's the best heroine ever or something.

Lots of people wishing she was the main heroine, or feeling disappointed that she's just a sub-heroine since they want her to be a real heroine. The more pessimistic don't think she has a chance, since the girl who loves the MC the most never gets with him, and doubt Subaru will go for the harem route or stray from Emilia. Comments about how Emilia really doesn't look so attractive anymore do exist.

The Emiliafags are all really eager to see how she'll top this, because Rem set the bar really high, and the main heroine must be even better. Right?

Response to the polygamy suggestion was cautiously optimistic. Response to the confession was some praise for how sly and scheming Rem turned out to be, and some cheering about how she's finally become a true heroine and that it's impossible for any guy not to fall in love with her. Some speculation on how his feelings for Rem and Emilia will differ, and how things will turn out in the future.

Then one guy says, "She's going to be attacked on the way back to the capital, isn't she?"
>>
>>156795994
>went full loyal husbando to Rem
Nah Subaru does love Emilia too so.
>>
>>156796124
The interlude reviews is going to be a party
>>
>>156793281
Oneitis
>>
>>156796170
Eh, that's debetable.
>>
>>156796192
I'm sure it is. Anyhow, there were also lots of comments about how they loved the title drop and how this has been the longest prologue ever.
>>156796240
Anything is debatable.
>>156796170
Half loyal husbando, then.
>>
File: 1488674885505.jpg (300KB, 1560x1824px) Image search: [Google]
1488674885505.jpg
300KB, 1560x1824px
>>156795994
>Roswaal or WoE pretty much dug their own grave because Subaru went full loyal husbando to Rem
His opinion of the WoE is at an all time high. He even vowed to free her.
>>
>>156796282
Honestly still beleive witch fuckery is involved even during that scene. That or Subaru will save Emilia by differentiating the timeline, because the third trial doesnt spell well for what is going to happen to them.
>>
>>156796124
tl;dr
>>
>>156796274
Not sure if you can expect something "loyal" from a two timer like Subaru to be honest.
>>
>>156796352
>That or Subaru will save Emilia by
>expecting a good end
>>
>>156793829
>No, I simply avoided watching it when it aired because threads seemed like complete cancer and so I decided to wait it out.
That's because the show is complete cancer. Just drop it and save yourself the aneurysm.
>>
>>156796484
That's fine. Most of that isn't a reply to anyone.
>>156796352
Since most of this only starts to get explored in Arc 4, I'll assume it's related to the themes of blocked memories, immortality through possession, and contracts.

Subaru has memories of Satella that are mostly blocked off, despite there being no gap in his life for them. The implication would be that he, like Roswaal, has been possessed by someone seeking immortality. Unlike Roswaal, the possessing personality is mostly dormant, though it does exert a powerful influence. It could have even subconsciously influenced Subaru's taste in women. This is all likely tied up in a contract, to subtly prod Subaru in the right direction.
>>
>>156796574
I have hope, Subaru may be a broken man but at least he still has his potato with him. Plus Subaru isnt the type to breaks promises with said potato about giving everyone a good future.
>>
File: 62760659_p0.jpg (352KB, 1012x1431px) Image search: [Google]
62760659_p0.jpg
352KB, 1012x1431px
>>156796124
Additional note. The confession scene, and the scene where he leaves Rem to go back to the capital, are two separate scenes.

Before the confession, there was one guy wondering how Subaru would react if Rem joined Anastasia and hooked up with Julius. Which actually seems to be the second most popular straight Rem ship in the shitty fanfics I've glanced over, though it's always a trick to get Subaru jealous.
>>
>>156797199
>it's always a trick to get Subaru jealous.
Most likely he would be heartbroken and go full husbando to Emilia if he were to be betrayed by the girl he perhaps trusted most.
>>
>>156795638
Emilia isn't her master. Emilia is a guest she is supposed to be polite to and literally no one gives a shit about. Soon as Rem goes potato Petra steps in and starts crushing on Subaru while ignoring Emilia.
>>
>>156797199
>hooked up with Julius. Which actually seems to be the second most popular straight Rem ship in the shitty fanfics I've glanced over, though it's always a trick to get Subaru jealous.
I can't wait to see when the fujos come.
>>
>>156797625
Those points are usually taken into consideration, even if the plots are generally just really fucking dumb drama. Usually involving everyone conspiring to get him to marry Rem, sometimes without Rem's knowledge as she's forced into an arranged marriage.

I guess that's still better than tricking Subaru into thinking she's going to kill herself.
>>
>>156795773
>He's obsessed with Emilia longer and he's known Rem for two months.
A whole two months and one day, that sure is an untouchable lead Emilia has there, how would Rem ever compete?
>>
>>156797846
Pretty sure Rem was told by Roswaal to respect and not fuck over her guest.
>>
>>156798011
That's fine. It's not Emilia she wants to fuck.
>>
>>156798011
Which she clearly doesn't think applies to getting laid. Either way, Emilia isn't her master, and Roswaal also hates her and was planning to just break her so its not like he really cares.
>>
>>156798011
No, she was just told to treat Emilia in the hierarchy as above Roswaal. That's nothing about fucking over, and given the status difference it doesn't make much sense for a maid to avoid a relationship with a butler to not step on the toes of a noble/royalty who has not specifically stated romantic interest or has any logical reason to do so.
>>
>>156796864
Or, here's a thought:

The chick who nicked all the Witches' Authorities has Carmilla's Authority of Lust.
>>
>>156797887
>I guess that's still better than tricking Subaru into thinking she's going to kill herself.
???
>>
>>156798469
>so its not like he really cares.
But Roswaal does want Subaru to be devoted only to Emilia. So Rem was being a dick not only to her guest but also her master there.

>>156798713
>avoid a relationship with a butler to not step on the toes of a noble/royalty
And the only way for Rem to do it is NTR'ing Emilia right? What kind of logic is this seriously?
>>
>>156799269
>But Roswaal does want Subaru to be devoted only to Emilia. So Rem was being a dick not only to her guest but also her master there.
Literally only started on this train of thought when Rem was deleted. He'd have to be blind to not notice what Rem was doing the whole time and he never bothered to stop her or deal with it.
>>
>>156799269
>And the only way for Rem to do it is NTR'ing Emilia right? What kind of logic is this seriously?
Not at all. I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

>rigid class structure
>Subaru and Rem are social equals
>Emilia is social superior
>Subaru has expressed interest in Emilia
>Emilia has not expressed interest in Subaru

I don't understand where your deluded NTR fantasy comes in.
>>
>>156799084
I was discussing shitty nip fanfics. I read them for the same reason I started reading their forums. To get a good look at how they perceive the characters. In stories written by WN readers, they seem to take cues from the Subaru/Rem confession scene and use some blatant manipulation to get them together. There's also a good number where it all turns out to be a dream Subaru is having at Rem's bedside.
>>156799364
Roswaal definitely noticed. In fact, didn't he actually encourage Subaru to interfere with the twins' lives in one loop? If that wasn't enough, Ram directly told him that Rem had fallen for Barusu.
>>
>>156799417
Rem shat on Subaru's feelings for Emilia so that's automatically NTR.

>>156799364
>He'd have to be blind to not notice what Rem was doing the whole time and he never bothered to stop her or deal with it.
He must have underestimated Rem's capability of making Subaru change his mind and assumed Subaru would give no shit about Rem like Roswaal himself did to Ram.
>>
>>156799796
Are you just animeonly? It's gonna be hard convincing you when you have obviously wrong conclusions you've reached about the story.
>>
>>156799796
NTR is from the perspective of someone who cares. Al stealing Emilia or Rem would be NTR because Julius cares, Emilia basically can't be NTR'd because she doesn't really understand anything.
>>
>>156799880
>anons discussing arc 4+ events.
>Are you just animeonly?
>>
>>156799988
Julius cares? How did I fuck that one up? Julius or Al stealing would be NTR because Subaru cares. Emilia might care a little more as of arc 6, but we'll see how that goes.
>>
>>156800003
animeonly fags just read other people's summaries or spoilers and pass it off as they "understand" the material.
>>
>>156800003
I don't know. There's just been too many errors and weird things for me to not question it. Like knowing Roswaal is behind things is something someone could have absorbed, but while Rem was around, all Roswaal was doing was just following his book and trying to corral Subaru. He didn't actively """support""" Emilia until later, so there's no way someone would misconstrue that even if they had read a very basic summary of arcs.
>>
>>156799796
>He must have underestimated Rem's capability of making Subaru change his mind and assumed Subaru would give no shit about Rem like Roswaal himself did to Ram.
He didn't know that Subaru wasn't going to forget Rem when she was eaten. He also didn't foresee their relationship developing through the failed Loops.

It is also not NTR.
>>
>>156800003
The guy's actually just regurgitating information being fed to him to correct his errors. There hasn't been a single accurate thing he's said the whole time.
>>
>>156800021
Emilia did care though.
>Emilia: “Saying this is a bit, but... Subaru, are you a cheater?”
>Emilia: “Even though you said you love me.”

>>156800207
>He didn't actively """support""" Emilia until later
If Roswaal hadn't cared about Emilia before, then he still wouldn't have cared about Emilia after history got rewritten as something that doesn't exist in the first place could be neither amplified or weakened due to Gluttony authority.
>>
>>156800207
Well, if you actually look at things, it's pretty easy to see that Roswaal actually encouraged Rem's attachment to Subaru.
>>
>>156799796
>He must have underestimated Rem's capability of making Subaru change his mind and assumed Subaru would give no shit about Rem like Roswaal himself did to Ram.
Well there's couple reads I see on this.

One is he was doing his clown projecting bullshit and expected Subaru to just completely stay loyal to Emilia obsessively, but I'm not sure I like that idea because Roswaal does acknowledge most people aren't like him and won't be completely obsessed with a singular thing, so I don't see how he would expect Subaru to not fall for Rem given that Roswaal also knows how stubborn she is and recognizes she's cute and that it would be hard to not fall for her.

Second is maybe an extension of the above where he knows Subaru isn't there yet and is using Rem as a pawn and would eventually kill her/her personality would get her killed and this would cause Subaru to become really obsessed with what he has left which would be Emilia. That one is really complicated and I don't think has that much support and its also hard to convey whether that was or would ever be the plan or not. At the very least Rem would have to stop being a potato so Roswaal himself remembers what he was on about.

Option three is that Rem is important to some kind of obtuse clown plot, potentially tying Subaru directly into his faction by making use of his affections to bind him like he did with Rem and Ram themselves. Or perhaps some other bullshit that maybe he isn't fully aware of what. Either way this plan was blown up by him forgetting it exists, so like the above any plans he had or has for Rem would have to wait until she comes back.

Roswaal almost certainly isn't just being careless with them and wasn't really letting Rem get out of control, except maybe that one time he encouraged her to be more stalkery on accident, since Ram would be giving him updates.
>>
>>156800521
>take a line out of context where Emilia has forgotten Rem and is confused on her existence and importance to Subaru
>>
>>156800521
>If Roswaal hadn't cared about Emilia before, then he still wouldn't have cared about Emilia after history got rewritten as something that doesn't exist in the first place could be neither amplified or weakened due to Gluttony authority.
Losing your plan randomly would change your plans dingus, especially when you don't even remember you had an original plan.
>>
>>156800521
>>156800587
>>156800598
My take is actually that it doesn't particularly matter whether it's Rem or Emilia to Roswaal, he just needs someone and they exist pretty much purely for his plan with Subaru. That's why his support for Emilia has changed into more active support and why he encouraged Rem and Subaru in the first place.
>>
>>156800587
>Roswaal encouraged Subaru to develop feelings for Rem.
>Got Rem erased so that Subaru would forget her and divert all of those feelings to Emilia.
>Subaru would become Roswaal 2.0 basically.
>>
>>156800641
Emilia would only become more jealous if she remembered Rem.
>>
>>156800787
I don't think its actually possible for him to plan that, but maybe.
>>
>>156800521
>Emilia did care though.
She doesn't understand what it is she even cares about or what that really means. Its like when she was seven, which she basically still is, and Juice showed up. There'd be almost no difference between him giving Rem attention or plowing her right in front of Emilia because she wouldn't understand the gesture.
>>
>>156800907
He has the gospel. It actually makes a lot sense
>>
>>156800787
I feel like that plan can do absolutely nothing but backfire.

>he keeps his memories
>becomes fixated on Rem
>others resent him for his attachment
>he resents others for their lack of memories
>restores her after spending so long thinking about how important she is to him
>>
>>156800960
>There'd be almost no difference between him giving Rem attention or plowing her right in front of Emilia because she wouldn't understand the gesture.
This trope in the doujins was :ok_hand:
>>
>>156800787
Well, he encouraged Subaru to involve himself with the twins, with Rem being the only one who would get attached to Subaru, and then left Rem in charge of watching over Subaru and fulfilling his desires.

It'd definitely be a dick move if he knew Rem would get eaten, but I can see how he'd assume he'd forget all about her and come to an alternate conclusion about where he found the strength to do what he did.
>>
>>156801014
>Wow you two must be really good friends
>>
>>156801100
Now that Emilia thinks having sex with friend is normal, would she try to do it with anyone close to her?
>>
>>156793547
It's quite the opposite. The show is average, but Subaru was one of the most complex, interesting MCs from last year.
>>
File: 61755982_p0.jpg (842KB, 1915x2554px) Image search: [Google]
61755982_p0.jpg
842KB, 1915x2554px
>>156801378
Well, I don't think I've watched enough shows last year to challenge that. He's definitely a large part of what makes the story work, since the challenges he faces aren't anything too special for this kind of shit.

Even if he can't really lose, he still has to find ways to beat his enemies aside from direct application of force or skill.
>>
>>156801378
>the MC is a dumb asshole who only thinks about himself
>wow he's so real and complex!!!!!!!
>>
File: 62587036_p0.jpg (200KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62587036_p0.jpg
200KB, 848x1200px
>>156802148
There are other people he thinks about.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have that picture of Subaru's intermediate concept art? The one that's between his "too old" look and his current baby face?
>>
File: 1468615095356.png (530KB, 980x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1468615095356.png
530KB, 980x1400px
>>156802148
Selfish? Yes. Only thinks about himself? No.
>>
>>156793281
Nothing is wrong with him. He has spent almost a month with Emilia (if you count all the loops) and has clearly shown he's in love with her. If anything, choosing Rem there would've made him scum.
>>
File: Re_Zero_Volume_1_15.jpg (107KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Re_Zero_Volume_1_15.jpg
107KB, 726x1024px
>>156802198
Only found this.
Hard to imagine him crossdressing.
>>
>>156802636
Yeah. I know about that one. I just know there was also an intermediate version that was shown at some event.
>>
>>156802620
>choosing Rem there would've made him scum.
A couple of scums doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>156793281
Emilia imprinted on him.
You wake up in a strange world where people are killing you over and over. You will immediately fall in love with the first person to save you.
>>
File: 1479620937722.png (301KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1479620937722.png
301KB, 500x491px
>>156802620
>If anything, choosing Rem there would've made him scum.

I guess he's scum now
>>
File: Rem (188).jpg (371KB, 561x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rem (188).jpg
371KB, 561x1200px
>>156802817
He has also been scum.
>>
Who was Barusu?
>>
File: 1478325684093.png (258KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478325684093.png
258KB, 1200x900px
>>156802817
At least they can be scum together
>>
File: 1470379603884.jpg (108KB, 719x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470379603884.jpg
108KB, 719x800px
>>156802669
Been looking for this, and only found some reverse-trap SubaRem yuri.
>>
File: 1475412723580.jpg (20KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1475412723580.jpg
20KB, 350x233px
>>156803216
Found a version for ants. I wonder what people would have thought of this Subaru.
>>
>>156802636
This really makes the relationship seem even creepier.
>>
>>156802987
I actually felt for Wilhelm the most
>“You shan't pass on! I shan't allow you pass on! If I am to lose a benefactor in this fashion, I could not live with the shame!”
>>156803748
Well he was gonna be 17 no matter what, it's just his face
>>
>>156803845
Yeah, but if he has baby face you can almost forget that he's 17, and she's literally a child in an adult's body. It's even creepier than the other way around like Beatrice.
>>
>>156803644
Found a source, but the pictures are all way too small. I want a better look at this Oni Rem.
>>
File: 1477531459310.png (4MB, 1105x1799px) Image search: [Google]
1477531459310.png
4MB, 1105x1799px
>>156802620
I have many things to tell you
>>
File: Are you feeling dizzy.png (658KB, 625x875px) Image search: [Google]
Are you feeling dizzy.png
658KB, 625x875px
>>156802148
He actually is complex, because he thinks about himself thinking about other people and forgets or doesn't realize he's still thinking about himself, because he thinks about himself thinking about himself and thinks about himself thinking about other people and can tell they're not the same, but doesn't take it as far as thinking about himself thinking about himself thinking about himself vs. thinking about other people and therefore doesn't understand he's still just thinking about himself. So he's able to tell himself he's acting in other people's best interests when he's really just motivated by what he himself wants, which, admittedly, is to feel good about having thought about other people and translated that into helping them. Naturally, this is a tragic flaw, and something exactly like it is the basis of many villain arcs. In practice there are these fine lines between villains, tragic heroes, antiheroes, and heroic heroes, and thanks to RBD the show is able to explore all of these by having him ollie all over the map uncontrollably like Tony Hawk on ketamine. Anyway, I thought the ending of the show itself was really weak and I'm gonna say I won't watch season 2, and then watch it anyway while promising I'll never pick up season 3. Which we both know will happen.
>>
>>156793547
>literally carries the show
Don't get me wrong, He's not a great character and I'm no fan of reddit zero but he's the only interesting thing in the show
>>156793281
Rem is garbage waifu bait
>>
File: Art_P247.jpg (656KB, 1192x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Art_P247.jpg
656KB, 1192x1800px
>>156804062
I've got an interesting question. Would everyone still like seeing Rem and Subaru together if they were their less cute versions from the concept art?
>>156802636
>>156803644
>>156804060
>>
>>156804060
>That angry Rem's knife ear
Was Rem supposed to be an elf or something?
>>
File: emrem.jpg (72KB, 618x276px) Image search: [Google]
emrem.jpg
72KB, 618x276px
>>156802620
>nothing is wrong with Emilia
>>
File: 143445533.png (452KB, 1355x1007px) Image search: [Google]
143445533.png
452KB, 1355x1007px
>>156804406
You tell me
>>
>>156804457
Is she physically 19 in Arc 5? Is it stated she's physically matured at all?
>>
>>156804237
I honestly don't think a season 2 of Re:Zero or season 3 of Re:Zero will happen. Considering the butchered mess that was season 1 people are going to have to bend over backwards because of all the important plot ties not even shown or they somehow make Subaru's character stale or even more inconsistent because of it.
>>
>>156803929
>14
>literally a child
Pls stop
>>
>>156802636
This is what Subaru's design should've been, instead of the shit they decided on.
>>
>>156804603
14 is way too generous for her actual mental and emotional development state. 11 is probably closer, but a very unworldly and sheltered 11.
>>
File: 1433544544.jpg (175KB, 303x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1433544544.jpg
175KB, 303x1200px
>>156804406
Well proto-Rem still managed to take over people so
>>
>>156804406
As long as I can keep reminding myself that he's actually 17 there's no problem.
>>156804468
>4/5/2013
Wow, that's right after she got nommed
>>
>>156804657
Why 11? Wouldn't she just be an unwordly and sheltered 14 year old?
>>
>>156804468
Well, those versions are still fucking adorable.
>>156804606
I prefer the middle one, since the first design seems a bit too wrinkled.
>>156804603
She's even more immature than that in ways. And it's not so much 14 as it is 13-14.
>>
>>156804724
Because Annerose is more mature than her, and she's 9 years old.
>>
>>156804791
I don't see what that has to do with anything.
>>
>>156793281
childhood is wanting Emilia

adulthood is accepting Rem
>>
>>156804724
I won't get hung up on the number because it doesn't really matter. What matters is that she's mentally less mature than her body, and that paints some of her more child-like actions in the series as less charming and more like an actual real child.
>>
>>156804833
Childhood is wanting Emilia, naive adolescence is thinking you want Rem.

Adulthood is accepting Beatrice into your heart.
>>
>>156804833
Maturity is realizing they're all terrible.
>>
>>156804837
I don't think it's less charming, I think it's more charming.
>>
File: Kodaka.jpg (13KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Kodaka.jpg
13KB, 480x272px
>>156793577
For a while this guy was pretty controversial. We were trying to figure out for the longest if he was faking being dense or not as his act gradually started slipping. It was alarming to have such an aware MC in a harem.
>>
>>156804807
Annerose is almost as sheltered as Emilia, noble of the Miload mansion and whatnot.
>>
>>156804940
They both have lived very different lives and had very different experiences and upbringings.
>>
>>156804895
If you aren't creeped out by that, it's because you're creepy so it's hard to really argue with that.
>>
File: 1491107232627.jpg (153KB, 557x694px) Image search: [Google]
1491107232627.jpg
153KB, 557x694px
>>156804990
JCs are perfection, I only wish Emilia's body matched her mental age and she had a small barely budding chest.
>>
>>156804406
I didn't even think Rem was actually good looking until the From Zero episode or so but I still liked her anyway. So I don't think Rem's look matters that much. I'm not sure about Subaru though.
>>
>>156805048
Would Regulus still "love" Emilia if she had the body of a 14 yo?
>>
>>156805309
Regulus is a man of fine taste, so obviously he would love her even more.
>>
File: SubruRem.png (98KB, 656x393px) Image search: [Google]
SubruRem.png
98KB, 656x393px
>>156805074
Well, I guess it's not that bad with slightly intermediate Subaru.
>>
>>156804935
Kodakek is one of the worst mc's I've had the displeasure of seeing
>>
File: SubruRem2.png (76KB, 656x393px) Image search: [Google]
SubruRem2.png
76KB, 656x393px
>>156805418
But this version just has too many lines on the face and looks old.

Either way, they're less "adorable" and more looking like they're some kind of criminals.
>>
>>156805901
That's also just the facial expressions though.
>>
>>156806027
Well, it's also the clothing. Rem's expression isn't really all that different than what it is on the final art. Her eyes just have less of a cute shape.
>>
>>156805901
>they're less "adorable" and more looking like they're some kind of criminals.

I see nothing wrong with this
>>
I don't follow the novels, but is Rem winning there or something?
>>
File: 01005922401.jpg (335KB, 1160x1715px) Image search: [Google]
01005922401.jpg
335KB, 1160x1715px
>>156806317
Neither do I. Obviously we need some shitty AU where Subaru is a delinquent who is dragged into a gang war after he's saved from some random thugs by a Yakuza heiress or something, and later saves her from an assassination attempt. Whatever works.
>>156806445
She's not losing, but she's a bit too comatose to be winning.
>>
File: 1491285455279.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491285455279.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>156795812
>Not taking out your competition
>>
>>156806445
She won, at the price of her soul getting eaten and leaving Subaru to become a broken man.
>>
File: 57583339_p0.png (882KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
57583339_p0.png
882KB, 800x1132px
>>156806615
Oh, and Rem would carry a chaingun.
>>
>>156806445
Rem is so far ahead in the polls she doesn't even think of Emilia anymore.
>>
>>156806879
Her tailor-fitted titpockets don't look especially white there, do they?
>>
File: 57937351_p2.jpg (305KB, 550x723px) Image search: [Google]
57937351_p2.jpg
305KB, 550x723px
>>156807209
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.
>>
>>156804511
She's actually physically 108 or something, its just 108 looks like about 19 for an elf. She's in her mature form.
>>
>>156804975
How many children does Emilia need to be less mature than? She's less mature than Annerose, Petra and Meili, who are actual children, and the twins when they were 8. All of them have had very different upbringings and situations and they're still more developed.
>>
>>156808613
I get that. I'm just asking if she's visibly aged in that year.
>>156808750
I think Emilia might be as mature as 8 year old Rem.
>>
File: 1484005489011.jpg (320KB, 1058x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1484005489011.jpg
320KB, 1058x1139px
>>156808613
>She's actually physically 108 or something
>she's older than Subaru
>>
>>156806647
Satella is Rem and she intentionally moved the checkpoint so that Subaru would become devoted to her after she got nom'ed.
>>
>>156809789
She also made herself look like Emilia so Subaru would love her.
>>
File: C_EtJ7fUAAEt7za.jpg large.jpg (159KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
C_EtJ7fUAAEt7za.jpg large.jpg
159KB, 850x1133px
>>156795994
Woe isn't even trying to push Subaru and Emilia together begin with or break apart anyone for the that matter. As Echidna said, she doesn't give a shit about Rem.

>>156796282
Yes towards Satella is not WoE which some people kind forgetting is an alter ego of Satella.

>>156796170
Correct.

>>156796240
Only to the desperate waifufags. Even the third parties in-universe including the other competition acknowledges his feelings.

You can don't doubt and make all the excuses you want but means nothing in face wat's actually there.
>>
>>156806445
No.
>>
>>156810836
>As Echidna said, she doesn't give a shit about Rem.
Echidna implied she didn't care about Rem. Envy hasn't told anyone what she might think. I believe it was mentioned in the LN that Envy actually started heading in the direction of the mansion at one point, to get rid of everyone that Subaru cared about.
>(“(...)in this world, to steal all potential sources where Subaru could direct his love, in order to monopolize him”)
So yes, Envy would probably want to get Rem out of the way.
>>
>>156804837
>>156804990
Even one trying forcibly shoe-horn her mental age her real one she would still only be like 2-3 younger than Subaru and she no less mature than he does. In fact she normally moreso and usually takes thing much seriously than he does. On top of having proper etiquette and not embarrassing herself in front of others by putting her foot in her mouth constantly.
>>
>>156810836
>As Echidna said, she doesn't give a shit about Rem.
Wrong. Echidna said Satella didn't give a shit about placing the loop at a point that would help Subaru save Rem.

Context is important.
>>
>>156795061
You do understand with the power he has beating anyone in a fight is not a issue? Can just fight until he wins
>>
>>156811188
>So yes, Envy would probably want to get Rem out of the way.

Except Subaru has a lot more people in the manor he cares about beyond just Rem. This isn't Arc 3 anymore where he broke all his relationships. Otherwise just interpreting to mean Rem that when the text implies no such thing. In fact it says "sources" not "source"
>>
>>156811271
Except Subaru asked her that directly, and the was her answer. Rem has nothing to do with her to begin with.
>>
>>156811256
She doesn't even know what her boobs are for though. That really makes Emilia look like a retard if you ask me.
>>
>>156811417
He asked Echidna, and that whole conversation was leading to the conclusion that the loops are only placed to protect Subaru. Everyone else can just go eat a dick.

So, in context, it's not that Satella/Envy doesn't care about Rem. It's that they don't care about saving her.
>>
>>156811360
It could be implied to be Rem-related if that line happens after Satella gets annoyed by his sperging over Rem instead of accepting her love, but that doesn't really matter.

What matters is that Envy definitely would eliminate her rivals, and does in fact care enough to want to eliminate them.
>>
>>156808983
She froze her hometown and everyone who lived there, then spent almost a century in a block of ice.
She only wants to be king to kill the Dragon and use it's blood to thaw out the other villager's corpses.

Also of note: while she's mentally 14, she spent about half of that alone with Puck.
And Puck taught her jack-shit. About anything.

She's been studying at the mansion, but doesn't know much more than an 8 year old child would.
>>
>>156812576
So you're saying she was deliberately trained wrong, as a joke
>>
>>156812639
Well, Roswaal is the one teaching her, and he's a clown who was originally intending to use her as his puppet to get what he wanted.

So yes. I think Rem had more actual negotiation experience as of Arc 3.
>>
>>156812639
Sure, insofar as Roswaal deliberately gave her shit advice so she'd go along with her schemes.
Puck's shtick is more about smothering her. She's contractually obligated to let Puck do her hair (etc.) for her, because Puck doesn't want her looking in mirrors.
>>
Rem's appeal is that she lets you know what it feels like to be a girl's husbando.
>>
>>156812846
Waifubait's husbando*
>>
>>156811503
How did you get not her being embarrassed about her boobs getting touched lightly in a serious battle equaling her not know what boobs are for? How that does that even begin to make sense?

>>156811877
I'm pretty sure WoE just wants to kill everyone related to him and so she can monopolize his feelings alone. She has no reason to discriminate.

>>156812576

>She's been studying at the mansion, but doesn't know much more than an 8 year old child would.

Nothing in the story says this. In fact it never states that Puck never taught anything either. Just not certain things like sex. There is no need overexaggrate what's in the text. Emilia lacks some social norms sure but she's hardly infantile.
>>
>>156813307
Emilia also seems to be pretty ignorant on basic knowledge and is shown to have poor common sense when she got lost in the capital. It's not just romance and sex.
>She has no reason to discriminate.
Who said anything about discriminating? I'm just saying that Rem would probably be higher on her shit list than Frederica.
>>
>>156813137
>a girl who likes the MC is waifubait
>>
>>156813137
>MC wanting to marry the girl is waifubait

Oh wait.
>>
>>156813726
Nah. A girl who likes the MC after he only risked his life about two or three times to help people, and was generally good to her and made her life more enjoyable after that, is waifubait.

That kind of love should take years of sacrifice and slavish devotion to earn. And even then, the girl should still be a bit uncertain about the matter.
>>
>>156813458
>Emilia also seems to be pretty ignorant on basic knowledge and is shown to have poor common sense when she got lost in the capital. It's not just romance and see

Except that's not true? Getting lost in a unfamiliar place is not same thing as lacking common sense or basic knowledge. Especially when thsoe differ from place to place. Yes, again she lacks some social norms, but that's it. It hasn't impaired her living extremes you're trying imply. It's like it's me extrapolating that Rem is not but two bit murder heartless murder because she killed Subaru and that she would kill anyone at the drop of hat. It also like saying Ram can't literally do anything. Every character has some issue or another, but none are written to point where can't even dress themselves.
>>
>>156813912
Well other than risking his life and nearly dying to help Rem he did do a bunch of stuff the two months they spent together. Even moreso during arc 3.

Its not like Subaru isn't slaving himself and sacrificing for her has stopped though.
>>
File: 1483053810447.jpg (88KB, 865x923px) Image search: [Google]
1483053810447.jpg
88KB, 865x923px
>>156813912
Would that mean Subaru is husbandobait then?

>>156814043
Not him but she didn't get lost at the capital because it was unfamiliar, it was because she got distracted.
>>
>>156814043
>Getting lost in a unfamiliar place is not same thing as lacking common sense or basic knowledge.
It's not that she got lost, but more the reasons she got lost and the dumb shit she did while she was lost. She tried to get Puck to dance for money after she lost her own, when most people are scared of spirits. So yes, she lacks common sense and basic knowledge.
>>
>>156814062
> Even moreso during arc 3.

Not really. Arc 3 itself only lasted for 3-4 days most of which Subaru spent most of his time training Wilhelm or getting treated by Ferris. Then the whole cult business happens.

Even in the two you mention he spent a lot of time with other people too. Not all which have side specific about them. Like the time he went played hide and seek in the manor with village kids, gone out again with Emilia etc.
>>
>>156814296
>or getting treated by Ferris
Well, technically Rem was with him for most of the time Ferris was treating him, and I'm pretty sure he was already in the capital for a while before his checkpoint was set.
>>
>>156814130
No, she's never been to the capital before. That's why she got distracted because she seeing the sights. She didn't even know where some places the slums just like with Subaru. Besides it was Ram's job to watch presume at all times as her entourage.

>>156814180
None of that hardly dumb. She simply didn't think people would be afraid of Puck in his form. Especially when Rem and Ram show no fear. But like said it's all part of her being new to teh capital.

Rem pouring mayo into the bathturb is much more stupid. You can easily bash her for that and a bunch of other things. But I'm not deride a person's intelligence because they did silly stuff sometimes. The only reason to make more out of any of that is for petty bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_0755.jpg (192KB, 835x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0755.jpg
192KB, 835x1200px
>>156814673
>Rem pouring mayo into the bathturb is much more stupid.
But Subaru did ask for that?
>>
>>156814490
Well Rem had said that been 3 days after candidates meeting. Crusch and Ferris had noted that he doing nothing be training Wilhelm which makes sense he had a lot on his mind wasn't in the mood to go anywhere. Rem had her own business to take care of too relating to setting up an alliance with Crusch on Roswaal's orders.
>>
What do you mean? Emilia is objectively the best girl. The only other decent joice is Felt.
>>
>>156814673
>Rem pouring mayo into the bathturb is much more stupid.
And that's usually used as a sign that she's not entirely sane.

And yes, Emilia is just new to the capital. Meaning she lacks common sense about the capital and the culture in general. She's also portrayed to be oblivious to any negative connotations associated with crossdressing, failed to recognize Natsume, and trusted Subaru not to be an idiot in Arc 3. It's part of her character that she's a little lacking in common sense. I'm not even bashing her.
>>
>>156814761
No because he was clearly being facetious. Even then she has no reason do it due to common scene considering how messy it and the fact bathroom isn't his property. That's why Subaru called her an idiot.

But Re:Zero has a lot of light moments involving characters doing similar things that for entertrianment why I don't try judge them on things like that.
>>
>>156814876
>And that's usually used as a sign that she's not entirely sane.

Insane people do not act like that. This just having fun by playing off one of her flaws like he does for nearly every character.

>And yes, Emilia is just new to the capital. Meaning she lacks common sense about the capital and the culture in general.

She lacks some not all. Why must everything be black and white for you when its not intended to be taken that way?

>She's also portrayed to be oblivious to any negative connotations associated with crossdressing, failed to recognize Natsume

None which hard importance to know and took place in comedic light-heated scenes.Not everybody thinks cross-dressing is bad to begin with it.

>and trusted Subaru not to be an idiot in Arc 3. It's part of her character that she's a little lacking in common sense. I'm not even bashing her.

Not going wrong with that. He made a promise with and went broke for the first time. None of that had anything to do with common sense. Furthermore had Rem disobeyed Roswaal's orders instead of Emilia's when she asked her to keep an eye on him it wouldn't have been a problem.

And exaggerating her flaws is bashing her. Emilia can walk, and talk with people just fine. Yes, doesn't know every faux paux but she rarely makes them which shows she knows enough.
>>
File: C_CsOteUAAEc6v-.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C_CsOteUAAEc6v-.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>156814761
>danger zone
Now I need to listen to it again.
>>
>>156815463
incest when?
>>
>>156815350
>Why must everything be black and white for you when its not intended to be taken that way?
It's not. But lacking common sense is a commonly depicted character trait of hers. It's something we're meant to see as a thing.
>Emilia can walk, and talk with people just fine.
So can most children.
>Insane people do not act like that.
Insane people can act a variety of ways. Rem herself is clearly poorly conditioned to social norms, having effectively been raised by a pervert clown and trained by a lolicon. While more aware of the general culture than Emilia, what's normal for Rem isn't what's normal for the majority of the populace. All of her clothes are just variations of a maid outfit, with the WN commenting that they all look the same.

Even in serious situations, Rem has a tendency to behave a bit inappropriately. It's pretty obvious that Rem generally perceives things in a distorted manner.
>>
>>156815767
>It's not. But lacking common sense is a commonly depicted character trait of hers. It's something we're meant to see as a thing.

No, lack of certain social norms has been shown to be her fault, not common sense in general. Yes sometimes she display ignorance regarding frisless stuff, but not it's overplayed. Most of the time she is fine and it's reflected in her conversations most people where it's normal.

>So can most children.
Most children would know better to fill a bathturb with mayo. But Rem didn't so her mentally worse than an 8 year old?

>Insane people can act a variety of ways. Rem herself is clearly poorly conditioned to social norms, having effectively been raised by a pervert clown and trained by a lolicon. While more aware of the general culture than Emilia, what's normal for Rem isn't what's normal for the majority of the populace. All of her clothes are just variations of a maid outfit, with the WN commenting that they all look the same.

>Even in serious situations, Rem has a tendency to behave a bit inappropriately. It's pretty obvious that Rem generally perceives things in a distorted manner.

I'm sorry but that is just a no. Insanity is a serious and severe mental condition where you barely have control of cognitive fuctions. Rem isn't that at all, she just overly reckless and doesn't always think before she acts. Insanity would be mean she not even functional. She has her issues but she knows what doing most fo the time.
>>
>>156815529
Do you want Mini to blow you up like Pete's corpse or something?
>>
>>156816151
>she just overly reckless and doesn't always think before she acts.
Any example of this?
>>
>>156816151
>Insanity is a serious and severe mental condition where you barely have control of cognitive fuctions.
You're using the word in a much stronger manner than I am, which generally seems to be what keeps these arguments going. Rem isn't just reckless and thoughtless at times. She does not show normal perception or behavior. She's got decent etiquette, but her interactions with people often come across as slightly odd. The general perception of Rem, as a character, is that she's a bit crazy. The people around her, in the story, also talk about her in this manner.

Subaru and Ram discuss Rem as if she's their project, and allowances seem to be made for some of her unusual behavior.
>But Rem didn't so her mentally worse than an 8 year old?
In many ways, yes. Not in all ways, but definitely in some.
>>
File: n015.jpg (170KB, 869x1234px) Image search: [Google]
n015.jpg
170KB, 869x1234px
>>156816386
>When she acted on her own with telling Roswaal or Ram killed Subaru at one point and torture him in another.
>When she ran into forest by herself nearly got killed.
>When she left him at the inn and again rushed off to the village by herself thinking somehow Subaru still wouldn't come.

I already brought up the mayo incident.

There others but you should get the point by now.

It's also mentioned in-universe by Roswaal and Ram. It's bad habit of hers to take on more than she can handle and try to solve everything by herself.
>>
>>156816543
>You're using the word in a much stronger manner than I am, which generally seems to be what keeps these arguments going. Rem isn't just reckless and thoughtless at times. She does not show normal perception or behavior. She's got decent etiquette, but her interactions with people often come across as slightly odd. The general perception of Rem, as a character, is that she's a bit crazy. The people around her, in the story, also talk about her in this manner.

I have yet to see anyone in-universe talk about her in that manner. Even Subaru who definitely thinks she can be extreme sometimes doesn't consider her crazy at all. Clingly and overally attached at times sure.

>In many ways, yes. Not in all ways, but definitely in some.

Then by that criteria a lot of characters act like eight year-olds then due to have their moments of silliness.
>>
>>156805901
>Either way, they're less "adorable" and more looking like they're some kind of criminals.
It should have been that way.
>>
>>156816758
>When she left him at the inn and again rushed off to the village by herself thinking somehow Subaru still wouldn't come.
Its pretty bizarre that you used this scene as an example to show Rem is thoughtless. Like, imagine yourself as Rem in that situation. What would you exactly do to avoid Subaru going back to the mansion and getting killed along with you, without telling Subaru anything because he would for sure never agree to stay at the inn alone?
>>
>>156816758
>thinking somehow Subaru still wouldn't come.
She deliberately dropped him off at a village in which there were no rentable carriages, and he only managed to get a ride because Otto had some shitty fucking luck. If Otto wasn't there, he'd have been stuck for awhile.
>>156816946
>I have yet to see anyone in-universe talk about her in that manner.
Ram and Subaru often talk about how to work around Rem's behavior. Ram doesn't bother telling Rem to not be reckless. She tells Subaru.
>Then by that criteria a lot of characters act like eight year-olds then due to have their moments of silliness.
That's not even acting like an eight-year old. That's just bizarre. We can see silly moments from people like Garf and Otto, and they're pretty different from the ones shown by Rem or the kind shown by Emilia.

Emilia's gags are rooted in ignorance. Rem's gags make her look somewhat unhinged from reality. Otto's gags are just him being a bit awkward and being bullied. Ram's gags are just her being kind of a bitch. Their silly moments are different depending on their personality.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.