[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Your name" is the ultimate normie movie. I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: urname.jpg (107KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
urname.jpg
107KB, 424x600px
"Your name" is the ultimate normie movie. I'd give it a REE! out of 5.

I could tell the movie was touching, but at the same time I realized it only touches those who are familiar with the feelings of love.
So I couldn't really relate to the story at all.

What bothered me even more was the constant boob-squeezing that completely ruined the innocence of the film.
Not only that, but there was a hidden liberal agenda in the movie enforcing the idea that traditional genders do not exist anymore.
>>
you're just lonely neet and probably insane.
>>
>I'd give it a REE! out of 5.
>>
>>156790316
>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>156790342

But then again, isn't this movie aimed towards lonely neets?
The red thread of fate binding you to your soulmate is the ultimate dream of all lonely people.

I actually wrote something very similar to this movie years ago, so the plot didn't really hit me that hard. I had already fantasized about this my whole youth.
>>
>don't like romance
>know the movie is romance
>still watch it
>cry about it afterwards
>>
>>156790369
if it's a "normie movie" how can it be aimed forward lonely neets?

there is no liberal agenda, it's just all inside your head, just because you're a lonely neet doesn't make the movie bad. go outside.
>>
File: PFFFT.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
PFFFT.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Am I the only one who's just pissed off because stuff like this doesn't happen in real life?

I wanna find my soulmate too. And enter her body and play with her tits.
>>
>>156790465
yeah it kinda pisses me off too that nothing magical really never happens. it's kinda sad really.
>>
>>156790506

Ironically the experience of watching anime is the closest thing we have to something magical really happening.
>>
Isn't it still only in Japanese with subs?

It's not normalfag tier until it gets an english dub
>>
>>156790316
>normie
>REE!
>annoyed at boob-squeezing
>liberal agenda
>genders
Please go back to whatever shitty board you came from and never come back
>>
>>156790316
I'd give it a reeeported out of 5.
>>
>>156790316
>What bothered me even more was the constant boob-squeezing that completely ruined the innocence of the film.
newflash; teenagers aren't innocent, they're composed entirely of hormones and selfishness, if you wanted a sanitized view of puberty then maybe you should watch some seasonal trash
>>
>>156790316
This movie was like a really bad fanfiction.
>>
>>156791221
I've read fanfiction, literally none of it would translate well onto the big screen
>>
>>156791221

This.

Instead of being mesmerized by the film, stop to think for a while about how much it resembles typical fanfiction.
Especially the gender swapping thing is like a 15-year-old wrote it.
>>
File: 1479132945877.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1479132945877.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
>>156790316

So it's a normie movie because it wasn't completely shit?

I think it was a good movie, Visuals were amazing and the idea was solid. The only thing that could have been better was the character development.
>>
>>156790316
I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayyy boy is girl, girl is boy lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
>>156791451
>So it's a normie movie because it wasn't completely shit?
Because it was popular.
>>
>>156790316
>normie
>REE
Fuck off.
>>
>there was a hidden liberal agenda in the movie enforcing the idea that traditional genders do not exist anymore
>>
>>156790316
>"Your name" is the ultimate normie movie. I'd give it a REE! out of 5.
why did this make me laugh
>>
>not thREE out of five

Ya blew it
>>
>>156790316
>it only touches those who are familiar with the feelings of love.
Autism?
>>
>>156790316
>normie
>REE

Kill yourself.
>>
>>156793589

Autism is just another word for superiority.
>>
>>156793525
but its actually true, just the other day some random english guy on the street told me about how he went to watch your name (given it was on a indie game festival, but still, outside and all).
I then asked him if he also likes titanic and he got all flustered about it
>>
fuck me, wrong quote, pardon me, was meant for the one above your post
>>
File: ketiai_.gif (670KB, 618x339px) Image search: [Google]
ketiai_.gif
670KB, 618x339px
>>156797510
>>
>>156797713
I don't get the second image, was that the original name or something?
>>
>>156797821

Keit Ai is a fictional movie from an /a/ copypasta that's conceptually very similar to Your Name (teenage romance via a supernatural connection)

>A boy falls in love with a girl.
>Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
>But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
>Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>156798152

I've never laughed so hard in my life.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.