[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"There’s how, basically, Son Goku from Dragon Ball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon Ball Z v10-107_795.jpg (129KB, 795x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z v10-107_795.jpg
129KB, 795x1193px
>"There’s how, basically, Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows."
>Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others,
>Pic related

Toriyama is a fucking hack
>>
He is just excusing his real reason to fight Freezer
>>
>>156770204
>>>/b/

Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach aren't /a/
>>
>>156770261
Why?
>>
Was the Goku giving Cell a senzu bean anime only or was in the manga? I can't remember.
>>
>>156770285

>I'm a good person, not a barbaric subhuman I swear

He cared more for Vegeta's death than the possibility of losing everyone on Earth

Krillin's death was special because he is his only genuine friend
>>
>>156770204
What he's saying is that he isn't exactly a hero. He doesn't have a selfless motivation to save everyone. His primary goal is to fight strong guys.

But on the other hand, he also has a human personality. When someone he knows is involved, he'll actually act on it. That's what humans would generally do. That doesn't make him a hero.
>>
>>156770378
That was in the manga, yeah.
>>
>>156770378
Actually it doesn't even matter, because in that Freeza fight Goku gave Freeza an out, even if Freeza ended up not taking it. There was also the SSJ3 vs Majin Buu incident where he could have easily beaten Majin Buu right there but chose not to.

In the end, he doesn't really give much of a shit about keeping everyone safe. He was in a lot of situations where he had an opportunity to kill opponents and chose not to because he's a dumbass.
>>
>>156770380
>I'm a good person, not a barbaric subhuman I swear

Why would Frieza or anyone else there care about that?
>>
>>156770515

The screenplay really tells that what Goku cares about the most is the feeling of adrenaline when fighting someone as stronger as Freezer, the neccesity of defeating him in order to save his loved ones is secondary.

Wasn't it that way he wouldn't have spared him later
>>
>>156770204
Let Vegeta live
Let Frieza live and gave him energy
Gave Cell a sensu
Let Vegeta live again.and only went ss2 on him
Let Buu live and wish him back

The first time he ever goes out of his way to put some one down and make sure they stay down is against Frieza in rof
>>
>>156770498
He clearly overestimated himself as he couldn't even beat kid buu as a living being.
>>
>>156770611
No. That's fucking dumb. When fighting Freezer, Goku was focused on saving everyone's asses and praying Freezer was bluffing. He hoped to kill him with the Genkidama and when he came back, he tried to sacrifice his life to save his friends.

>>156770498
He wanted the new generation to take out Majin Buu so he'd leave a worthy successor. Didn't work.
He didn't kill Freeza because Toriyama doesn't morals. It's a kid show. MC is gonna spare.
>>
File: 1492517387540.jpg (22KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
1492517387540.jpg
22KB, 400x353px
>>156770204
Word of God. If you don't like it, what a shame.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>156770853
You are forgetting something.
>>
>>156771738
But it's the other way around. SSJ3 wasn't sustainable as a living being. When he was dead, that wasn't a problem.
>>
Dragonball(manga)-
>goku is a kid who wants to get his grampas ball
>wants to be a good martial artist and defeat jakie chun, tenshinhan
>fights red ribbon cuz they bad and have his ball
>kills piccollo daimao cuz hes bad
>fights pic. jr mostly cuz hes bad

Where is the "i fight for the fun" part?!?!??!!?!?!??!?!?

Dragonball Z (also manga)
>goku saves gohan from raditz
>goku kicks nappas ass while saying its to avenge his friends and save kirllin and gohan
>when he gets on namek first reaction is to get concerned for goham and krills

AGAIN! I'm getting a feeling that the "figth for fun" is mostly a mid freezer to DBsuper thing
>>
>>156772146
Not that anon, but are you retarded? Cell was self-destructing. Goku didn't kill him.
>>
>>156772513
The more likely scenario is that Tori is jumping on the 'righteous heroes are boring' train, and wants to get people interested again by giving him a more antihero vibe; claiming "Look, he wasn't just good! He was a battle junkie".
>>
>>156772513
He wants Gohan to kill Cell as soon as possible and Gotenks to be the Earth protector. It's mostly a DBS thing.

He always endangered the situation because fun, but that's mostly "shonen endangering" which doesn't count so much in universe. In a more realistic world, letting Gero finish his cyborgs would not even be considered at all.
>>
>>156772590
I meant that he sacrificed himself to save earth. i've seen alot of anons saying Goku doesn't care about anyone.
>>
>>156770275
I still remember the thay /a/ got rekt hard on that one
>>
>>156771771
What if Goku developed as a character from going super saiyan and the events on Namek. I definitely see Goku from Dragon Ball caring about human life but I can't see Cell or Buu saga Goku giving a shit.
>>
>>156772146
This was just an excuse for him to abandon Chi-chi and fight strong guys in the afterlife anon.
>>
>>156773912
Cell saga Goku got mad at Gero for destroying a city, got them to fight elsewhere, got Cell to promise not killing other people (well, tried to), gave him the senzu (which didn't change much in the end, Cell was stronger anyway) and asked Gohan to finish him off as soon as possible.

Buu saga Goku did his best to ensure cities weren't destroyed by Buu's blasts and focused on saving the world whenever the situation got bad. He wanted to get rid of Buu before he came out, but he also prioritized Vegeta's feelings which is kinda dumb.

I'd say Goku consistently cares about human life (at least after his training with God), but he's given the idiot shonen ball here and there, making him do extremely stupid shit like letting Gero live because otherwise the arc doesn't work. He did that too, that other time where he tried sparing fucking Nappa.
>>
>>156773044
I thought you were trying to say that Goku murders more people. Looks like I'm retarded. I'll actually follow the reply chain next time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.