[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Paprika. What does /a/ think of the film and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Just finished Paprika. What does /a/ think of the film and what did you get out of its story and message?
>>
>>156691983
I haven't watched it but I think it sucks
>>
>>156691983
It's nothing special. His other movies are better.
>>
>>156691983
A huge improvement on the original book.
>>
I got such a guilty boner when that guy ripped her true self out of her persona. Why did that turn me on jesus?
>>
Kon's peak.
>>
>>156692238
Wow, someone else actually read the book. Completely agree with you too.
>>
>>156691983
All I remember was the wild ride and chases. Can you tell me what the message was supposed to be?
>>
I love this movie and refuse to be bullied into thinking it's anything less than a masterpiece
>>
>>156694790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0v-NuudQw
This might be my favorite segment of animation of all time
>>
I liked it a lot better when I saw it as a child. I think it's slightly above average now. God tier track by Susumu Hirasawa though; Byakko no Musume is a 10/10 the song of angels.
>>
>>156691983
I learn that women are the biggest fear of men, did nobody got mad at that message when the movie aired?
>>
>>156691983
Fatso gets hot girl.
>>
File: Paprika_07.jpg (55KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Paprika_07.jpg
55KB, 1280x688px
Those dolls were freaky.
>>
>>156691983
That at the center of any genki woman is a haggard, cold, bitch just waiting for the opportunity to come out.
>>
>>156696194
God damn it's so breathtaking

Paranoia Agent was probably Kon's best though desu
>>
>>156692000
this
>>
>>156691983
I preferred it over Paranoia Agent.
>>
Paranoia Agent is better

But really anything Satoshi Kon did was fucking fantastic, he was too good for this world.
>>
>>156691983

She gets with the fat guy in the end because of reasons.
>>
>>156691983
Worth watching just for the music alone.

Story was interesting and somewhat original. Character development felt lacking, especially the villains.

7/10 would be my rating.
>>
>>156699826
it's called love senpai
>>
>>156691983

What did YOU think of it
>>
I think its my least favorite Satoshi Kon movie. Felt like all fluff and no substance. But maybe I'd like it better on rewatch Idk.
>>
>>156691983
Trippy like all of satashi kon's work
>>
>>156700266
I thought it was fantastic. I love its grim and cynical look at technology and modern Japan. The story gets super abstract especially near the end but I like its creativity. I'll probably give it a second watch just to see the things I missed.
>>
>>156699933
This except I felt story was kinda lacking (they never elaborated enough on their device which is pretty much the whole movie)

but holy shit HIRASAWA
>>
>>156691983

You need to watch it more than once, or you might not appreciated it too much.
>>
shit-tier desu

how many fucking times did the parade scene play
>>
definitely Kon's weakest film
>>
>>156697797
which didn't make any sense. There was no indication whatsoever that those two were in love at any point of the story.
>>
>>156691983
It's great visually but i spaced out on the story a lot so i don't remember a god damn thing in it.
>>156692274
I didn't get a boner like this weirdo but this is the best part of the movie.
>>
I think the message is pretty simple. Reality is more important than dreams and we shouldn't escape from reality, but dreams are a reflection of reality. Specifically our desires, traumas etc.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.