[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you need to watch the original series to understand Brotherhood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0411.jpg (52KB, 225x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0411.jpg
52KB, 225x331px
Do you need to watch the original series to understand Brotherhood?
>>
>>156682954
Not really but you should do it anyway because its a good series. It's generally agreed upon that the earlier parts were better adapted in the original anyway.
>>
nope, they are both pretty decent
>>
brotherhood follows the manga closer, and bc of that it's better (plot is better constructed etc etc) but the beginnings of both are basically identical.
>>
>>156682954
2003 and Brotherhood have almost the exact same start, but 2003 is bad after the start while Brotherhood only gets better.

Brotherhood also followed the manga and is better for it, since the story that was made up for 2003 isn't nearly as good.
>>
>>156682954
No but you need to read the manga and skip Brotherhood.
>>
Brotherhood is better but if you don't want to be a pleb you should watch 2003 first and enjoy both of them immensely
>>
File: 1486263790043.jpg (15KB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1486263790043.jpg
15KB, 257x212px
No but it's a better story then Brotherhood. FMA had a strong start but the later parts of the manga and by extension Brotherhood went Naruto levels of bad. On that note the manga was poorly written as well. It's a miracle the original anime was as good as it was given its source.

tldr: If you like Naruto, Bleach, and the such then you will probably like Brotherhood. If not then just stick with the original anime. You can thank me later for saving you time.
>>
i liked brotherhood for better story and art but 2003 is still good. has better music imo. if youre gonna watch both, watch 2003 first desu
>>
>>156682954
No but do yourself a favor and watch 03 first. Both are amazing shows and that focus on different aspects, however 03 has has a more detailed early arcs that only briefly shown in brotherhood or skipped entirely.
>>
I want to read the manga for this before tackling either but I don't know if I should go for Viz or stick with scanlations.
>>
>>156683679
Liking Naruto and Bleach is not mutually exclusive to liking Brotherhood. I love Naruto, and I prefer 2003, while abhoring Brotherhood.

If you like Teletubbies over say, Samurai Jack, then you definitely like Brotherhood though.
>>
Not really, but the first series does a better job at world building than Brotherhood. You should watch both of them because they're fantastic shows, though.

>>156683679
I fucking hate Naruto and Bleach, yet I love FMAB.
>>
>>156682954
no but you should since it's a better series
>>
>>156682954
no
>>
File: 1482488385439.gif (203KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482488385439.gif
203KB, 248x225px
>>156683679
>Brotherhood went Naruto levels of bad
>>
>>156682954
Watch only brotherhood, ordinal is shit.

Manga is dope
>>
Don't believe anyone who tells you to either watch only Brotherhood or only the original series, both of them are masterpieces.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.