[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you prefer anon? Everyone grew up with at least one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 18

File: pvd.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pvd.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
Which do you prefer anon?

Everyone grew up with at least one. Did you stay with it, or change to the other side?
>>
>>156647560
Digimon anime, Pokemon games. This is objectively the correct answer.
>>
>>156647560
Pocket Monsters has better anime and games

Digimon doesnt have the budget to compete, sadly
>>
>>156647703
Pokemon games were fun as a kid, but I can't do the collection rpg stuff anymore.

At least the only digimon games I've played (years ago) you had a single fighter or something like that, felt more like a journey instead of a "throw balls at things".
>>
>>156647560
I preferred Pokemon growing up until I think 6th, 7th or 8th grade when I first got my hands on Dawn and Dusk out of a curiosity sparked by a modest familiarity with Digimon I'd developed as a small child. Then, I continued to prefer Pokemon out of sheer abundance of products up until 10th or 11th grade where I became fixated on Digimon because it was darker than Pokemon.

But then I realized, it was the characters that had really gotten to me. They were more palatable than most anybody in mainstream Pokemon media. I liked Pokemon Special at the time, but I didn't read it often enough to have enough sway over my opinion. The entire Digimon franchise did what Special did as a relatively underrated (at the time) Manga adaptation with each installment, and furthermore, Digimon continued a trend with toyetic anime in that the Manga adaptations were generally superior. Considering the anime are all very good, this says a lot about each of its successive Manga.

So Digimon just sort of trumped Pokemon for me the older I became.
>>
>>156647703
Yeah.
>>
>>156647703
The only good anime is Adventure canon, everything else is shit though. Pokemon had multiple enjoyable series with only one real stinker
>>
>>156648728
>everything else is shit
Tamers was great, and both Frontier and Savers may have been flawed for different reasons but they were enjoyable.
>>
>>156647560
Both at the same time.

I stopped Pokemon when they went Gold-Silver
I stopped Digimon during 02.

It surprisingly gets old easily for me.
>>
>>156648976
I haven't watched almost any, I actually just downloaded digimon 1 and am watching it in between posts.

Which was the one where the digimon fused with the people to battle? I'm sure it may be explained in the setting but that still sounds completely stupid to me.
>>
I dropped Pokemon during the GS season.
I kept with Digimon through Tamers.

I still play pokemon showdown from time to time, but find the actual games incredibly boring.
>>
>>156647560
Digimon was a better show and concept, Pokemon games were addicting as fuck
>>
>>156648976
Tamers was boring. The Digital World is one of the most bland and uninspired Digital World and the series goes downhill from there on
>>
>>156649093
That's the latter half of Tamers. It's more a literal representation of the bond between the humans and their partner Digimon than a gimmick.
>>
File: Biomerge2.jpg (30KB, 362x542px) Image search: [Google]
Biomerge2.jpg
30KB, 362x542px
>>156649093
Third season. I forgot why it worked and it's probably best I keep it that way so that I can still Remember that season fondly.
>>
>>156647560
Both are garbage.
>>
File: kidsWB.png (82KB, 761x649px) Image search: [Google]
kidsWB.png
82KB, 761x649px
>>156647560
I was a pure Pokemonfag as a kid

Watched the shit out of 2nd Gen on WB and spent like 200 hours playing Emerald.

Only watched like 1 or 2 episodes of Digimon and thought the kids being midgets compared to Ash and Misty was a turn off.
>>
Best pokemon game: GSC
Best digimon game: World 3
Best pokemon anime: Generations
Best digimon anime: Tamers
>>
Pokemon had better toys, Digimon had better anime
>>
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/11/20/the-lost-franchise-why-digimon-deserves-a-glorious-renaissance/
>>
>>156647560
I liked both but Pokemon was definitely my favorite I collected cards read the books and manga and even still play the games, but lost interest in Digimon due to it's lack of games and because it seemed like a dead series after tamers
>>
File: quality_joey.jpg (114KB, 702x936px) Image search: [Google]
quality_joey.jpg
114KB, 702x936px
YuGiOh 4kids dub was better in every way.

Just kidding, I can't even watch the first season of Pokemon or Digimon because of the nostalgic depression I had as a child, knowing that I'll never live in a world full of badass magic creature fights.
>>
>>156649729
>Breitbart talking about Digimon
Now I've seen everything.
>>
>>156649805
Not just Breitbart, it's Milo himself.
>>
File: 1bxdFkC.jpg (39KB, 720x442px) Image search: [Google]
1bxdFkC.jpg
39KB, 720x442px
>>156647560
Dragon Ball
>>
YGO
>>
>>156649805
Read the article, he makes a good argument.
>>
File: Hikari_Taichi_12.jpg (483KB, 1280x1843px) Image search: [Google]
Hikari_Taichi_12.jpg
483KB, 1280x1843px
Digimon because of the wincest
>>
>>156650075
Decent anime, best card game of the three, but the weakest games since they were just electronic versions of the TCG.
>>
>>156650134
>best card game of the three
Pokemon TCG is much better than YGO
>>
File: 1411677165146.png (2MB, 1446x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1411677165146.png
2MB, 1446x1023px
Hmmmm.......
Watched both when I was younger

I ditched pokemon because
>Low quality games
>shitty anime
>stale characters

I just take a gander to what designs are being released per gen

But ultimately I liked digimon more
>better designs
>catchy beats in the subbed version
>each anime was contained story instead Ash fucking around for 20 years.
>killing evil fuckers DEAD
>LORE ACTUALLY HAPPENS INSTEAD OF POKEDEX DOGSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digimon XROS WARS was ultimately what I wanted from Both series from the beginning
>Just a couple of humans there just so normies can relate
>Monster hero with great ambitions and huge personality
>Every monster was a party member not a tool to be used in battle
>most everyone has character arcs and development
>interesting locals
>Diabolical villains (Darkknightmon was tops)
>great music and character themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxmE_uFL8DU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhDBj03aGc
>FUCKING Digixroses

I dare say it was the best season.....
>>
>>156649777
>>156650075
This thread is about which mon show us best. Yu-Gi-Oh can fuck off for all I care. I have washed my hands clean with that franchise.
>>
>>156650213
>>Just a couple of humans there just so normies can relate
>>Monster hero with great ambitions and huge personality
>>Every monster was a party member not a tool to be used in battle
>>most everyone has character arcs and development
>>interesting locals
>>Diabolical villains (Darkknightmon was tops)
Funny as those are the reason people hate Xros. They wanted focus of the humans and for the digimon to remsin static tools for battle.
>>
>>156650211
Does anyone over 7 play the Pokemon TCG?
>>
>>156650369
Same could be said about YGO, you know.

The only (relevant) CCG with a visibly more mature playerbase is MTG.
>>
>>156650347
LITERALLY WHO????
Furries? Shippers? Little girls?
>>
I used to be an idort and I was a fan of both. I watched all of Kanto, the Orange Islands and the 3 first medals of Johto until I dropped the show because of the insuferable filler, I came back for the Johto League and watched all of Hoenn but I didn't continue watching the Battle Frontier and then I only continued watching the movies and watched the Sinnoh League until Tobias when I dropped the show again. I only came back for the Kalos Semifinals and Finals when I dropped the show yet again.
For Digimon I watched Adventure, 02 (even though I didn't like watching it), Tamers, I had my mum make VHS videotapes for Frontier even when most Digimon fans didn't watch Digimon anymore, and loved Data Squad and Xros Wars. I even watched Xros Wars Hunters despite absolutely hating it. I'm waiting for all the OVAs of Adventure Tri to be released to watch all of them back to back, and I refuse to watch Applimon.
>>
>>156650272
>washed your hands clean of the franchise
When I think back as to how much money was spent on useless shit as a kid...
>>
>>156650464
YGO sells more than Magic, and its only the US version that targets kids with all the censored cards

also

>Magic
>mature
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/05/magic-the-gathering-introduces-first-trans-character

ww
>>
>>156650626
>I didnt watch 90% of the series and only saw the finale and it felt underwhelming so it sucks
>>
>>156650698
let's ignore the cancer that is magic.
You mentioned censored yugioh cards, what do you mean? Does the japanese version have nudity, or just violence? And even then, aren't the cards just artwork on singular creatures?
>>
File: 1430951320875.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1430951320875.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>156647560
I didn't get into the pokemon anime, I was addicted to the blue game for a while when I was younger though.
>>
File: jOJb1_d.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jOJb1_d.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
>>156651179
80-90% of YGO cards are censored in some way in the Murrican version. Religion, nudity, violence. Some never come out here at all because the artist who drew them refuses to let their work be altered so their EN release is skipped.

http://en.ygo-card.de/zensur.php has a few examples (only a few hundred or so, though)
>>
>>156650698
>YGO sells more than Magic
You wouldn't know that since Wizards doesn't disclose their sale numbers.
However, if you look at number of events and attendees, MTG has everyone else beat.
I'm sure YGO sold a lot when the anime was at its prime, but I doubt it's selling nearly as much as it did back then.

But returning to the original point, Pokemon TCG is objectively a better game than YGO is. Certainly a lot more fun, to begin with it doesn't feel like I lose just because I lost the coin toss and didn't play first.
>>
Good Pokemon series
>Kanto
>Johto
>XY

Good Digimon series
>Adventure
>Tamers
>>
>>156651452
The panda one made me laugh
>>
>>156647560
Digimon has actually developed characters and a conclusive story line.
>>
>>156650347
That's wrong though.
>>
>>156650466
You just described /a/. /m/ loved it though.
>>
>>156647560
Grew up with both. Two rival networks literally aired the two shows at the same time creating perhaps the greatest cartoon rivalry at the time, and had kids to choose sides.

I loved the former and its easily accessible games, and I enjoyed the latter for its much more focused storyline (that story arc where they use 666 to show that shit was going down).

Now I fucking despite the former (as you can imagine after a certain day last year) and I hope any of you fucking faggots who keeps posting that garbage move back to /vp/, while I kinda lost interest in the latter earlier. I don't really like this highschool Tri thing, but I found the Tai and Hikari incest thing pretty lewd.
>>
>>156651644
I hear it alot that the main complaints that the human characters didn't have mich focus and that the concept of Digi-Xros was terrible. I liked Xros because it was focused on the Digimon and not the humans. This was the story about the Digimon reclaiming their world from a fallen angel who thinks purging the world and recreating it in his own image with him ruling the world is a good idea. And damn do I wish they went with Bargramon's bandai profile like the manga did. Anyways with it's flaws Xros Wars was very enjoyable. Hunters could have been better if it wasn't a place holder MOTW show. The frqnchise crossover would heve been better suited for a film like the Precure All Star films.
>>
File: 1489319758258.jpg (89KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
1489319758258.jpg
89KB, 1200x658px
>>156651562
>Kanto and Johto
>good

OS is widely considered the worst series out of the 6
>>
>>156650626
>>156651786
>drops it again in the Kalos league
I hope ya'll learn your lessons and DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN, even if the show itself and its magazines promote that "oh my god, he's gonna win this time! Seriously, guys!"
>>
>>156651513
>You wouldn't know that since Wizards doesn't disclose their sale numbers.
>However, if you look at number of events and attendees, MTG has everyone else beat.

YGO has the record for most profitable CCG. It also has the Japanese market, which is the biggest market for CCGs. WOTC reps even said they were jealous of Japan able to make anime tie ins when Kaijudo failed and was cancelled. Magic is to busy losing its audience to Hearthstone.
>>
Pokemon
I liked the Digimon movie though
Throughout the years this topic has come up, I don't think I've met anyone that (admitted) to watching Digimon over Pokemon
>>
>>156652010
No one but casuals who tuned in solely to watch the league were saying that. If they didnt get invested into the characters and story and just tune in to watch a random fight of course they'll be disappointed.
>>
>>156652152
At least I guess we can agree that Pokemon TCG is better, since you didn't bother replying to that.
>>
>>156651975
Johto, for the filler maybe.
Kanto though, you're just talking out of your ass, no one considers it the worst out of the 6, at the very least BW is below it, and it's in most people's top 3.
>>
>>156652249
I assume you're talking about nostalgic dubfags with this post. The people who think Kasumi is best girl, despite her being the least popular in Japan.

Objectively, its the worst written series, with the most filler, worst animation, and worst fights, with little character development.
>>
>>156651786
>Now I fucking despite the former (as you can imagine after a certain day last year)
The only thing i can think of is when that one girl kissed ash, i remember there was a shitstorm on /vp/. Was that the thing, or was there another shitstorm I missed?
>>
>>156651975
>falling for the OS is bad meme
>posting lefunny Sun and Moon faces
Sun and Moon cucks are the worst. Only BW was truly bad, and skimming at SM (ledumbfaces so its funny, Ash is dumb again gaiz, look at all

these lolis you can waifu, an edgelord rival AGAIN) it seems to follow suit. It doesn't bode well after the fact that Ash finally legitimately lost to TR after two fucking decades and an AU movie of Ash finally managing to achieve his dreams.
>>
>>156649475
Tamers is one of the greatest things ever conceived by this medium. I'm dead serious.
>>
>>156652206
My memory is so bad that I legitimately can not remember most parts of my life past a few years. With that being said, I remember both series seemingly lasting hundreds of episodes (time is weird when you're a kid), but I only ever attempted to watch digimon, pokemon quickly... i dunno. I remember not even trying to watch it. Can't tell you the plot or anything like that, but I at least remember the attempt was there for digimon. So there's your first person, anon.
>>
>>156652448
Kalos League,

I could barely keep attention to the rest of the story and finally decided to drop the franchise altogether. Well, some of us promised to drop the anime anyway even if Ash wins back when XY aired, I just took it a step further.
>>
>>156652225
It hurts more when you've followed it from the beginning. It broke my heart.

Of all his defeats of all of his battles, that loss cut the deepest.
>>
>>156652565
I meant in real life
>>
>>156647703
I did like the Digimon World games a lot, but I've probably put more time into Pokemon since I can play them on my phone now and there's a modding community
>>
File: Dent-Kamitsure.png (342KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dent-Kamitsure.png
342KB, 720x480px
>>156652465
BW is better than OS though. BW is a loose remake/reboot, but actually takes cues from AG and DP

It has actual rivals, unlike OS where the only rival was Shigeru who was in only a handful of episodes . There's actual Gym Battles rather than pity badges, the Pokemon themselves have actual personalities.

Worst thing about BW was serious Team Rocket and Iris and Dent having zero goals unlike Hikari and Serena did.
>>
>>156652725
No it doesn't, if you've been watching from the beginning then you knew what was going to happen and you did nothing but try to warn all the newfags who only started tuning in for XY and bought into the hype that /vp/ was trying to generate, but you were called nothing but an emofaggot.

Not to mention if you were watching for that long and were still watching you probably don't watch just to see Ash win the league either. Unless you're one of those people that actually hate the show and only do it out of that autistic reason.
>>
>>156652435
Nobody cares about plot in pokemon. About fights, BW is the worst (doesn't even have 6x6 battles). Visually the aquarelle backgrounds make OS better than digital garbage.
Now go back to /vp/ and stop pretending to know more than everyone else. Nobody gives a shit about the "fan consensus".
>>
File: 1491872378519.png (1MB, 1150x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1491872378519.png
1MB, 1150x1600px
>>156647560
Pokemon has more consistent games, Digimon has better mons I wanna fuck
>>
>>156652928
Nice projection, cuck.
>>
>>156652928
This

I watched for Citron and his hilarious inventions, Serena for waifubait, Eureka for best imouto, and all the cool fights and stories. I never cared much if Satoshi beat the league or not
>>
File: male main characters.jpg (539KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
male main characters.jpg
539KB, 1280x720px
Digimon has the superior main characters as well.
>>
>>156652901
>I'm such a patrician making sure I use all the Japanese names, because I totally obviously watched this entire series in Japanese, not like all those dubsfags
I guess you didn't proofread your post for english names correctly, it's Roketto-dan, not Team Rocket, you absolute faggot.
>>
File: 1234676533466.jpg (23KB, 422x435px) Image search: [Google]
1234676533466.jpg
23KB, 422x435px
>>156652959
>Nobody cares about plot in pokemon.
>Nobody gives a shit about the "fan consensus".
>aserts a fan consensus himself them says no one cares about fan consensus
>>
>>156653085
Rocketto-dan translates to Team Rocket you weebo dubtard. Guess I'll say Bejita and Rufi as well then
>>
>>156653019
sauce? reverse image search doesn't come up with anything, but the google one probably put me on a list now.
>>
>>156653237
More like Rocket Gang. Try harder.
>>
>>156653117
Opinions != facts
A consensus is made by opinions
I posted facts (or, at least, what I think the facts are)
Therefore I didn't appeal to a consensus
Are you dumb or just pretending?
>>
>>156653304
Just like shitty fansubs insisted it was Raito Yagami?
>>
File: Digimon.jpg (372KB, 2022x960px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.jpg
372KB, 2022x960px
Pokémon is better than Digimon. Only good thing Digimon ever had was the 1997 tamagotchi.
>>
Digimon is superior in everything.
>>
Digimon, both for anime and games. Pokémon anine is way too formulaic to be remotely enjoyable (and the formula is pretty boring by itself) and the games are full casual shit.
>>
basically
>>
>>156656310
They're more solid as games than any Digimon game, though. Cyber Sleuth's battle system is really lame.
>>
>>156648728
The worst Digimon series is still better than the best Pokemon season, on the basis that the former atleast has plot.
>>
>>156657415
Pokemon does too, though
>>
>>156647560
Digimon
>>
>>156647560
Digimon- anime
Pokemon- games
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.