[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Goku is not a her- >"I will not let you destroy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

>"Goku is not a her-

>"I will not let you destroy my world!"
>>
>"my son's mother lives there!"
>>
File: 1460602852042.png (274KB, 294x442px) Image search: [Google]
1460602852042.png
274KB, 294x442px
>>156628802
>her
>>
>>156628802
>dub

In the Japanse version he says "don't enjoy destruction so much" or something. Also didn't Goku say in the last episode that even though he isn't fixated on saving the world he still doesn't like it when people destroy it? Why did people conveniently forgot the last part?
>>
I wonder if Toriyama just forgot all those times Goku faced enemies to help people, like he forgot Lunch and many other stuff.

I also wonder why he's dead set on making Goku seem more like a dick while simultaneously sanitizing the saiyan race.
>>
>>156630148
Ever since the second saga of Dragonball Goku has been a saint
>>
That was in the dub.

His original line was like"STOP DESTROYING THINGS!" Sounds better in Japanese
>>
>>156630148
The poor man is senile and can only remember a flanderized version of Goku.
>>
>>156630148
Because it was his original intention until Shueisha editors, Kozo Morishita and Takao Koyama forced him to turn DB into a battle manga more alike to Saint Seiya and Hokuto no Ken regarding protagonist morals.
>>
>>156630391
On what planet does that line sound better?
>>
>>156630320
Ever since Kozo Morishita stepped in as productor since the end of 23rd TB, anime!Goku was deemed a saint. And Steve Simmons' rewriting only made matters worse. Toonamifags and people who only watched the anime sees Goku as a japanese Superman.

Afaik, DB had 2 producers before Kozo stepped in. The 2nd one (Junichi Ishikawa) tried to tone down Goku's selfishness and cockiness, but mantaining his blood knight tendencies, albeit with more heroic intentions
>>
>>156630441
A planet called consistent characterization, my friend.
The Burger dub is not canon and will never be. Fuck off.
>>
>>156632453
>Not liking American DBZ aka the true DBZ

Kill yourself weeaboo.
>>
>>156630723
He still did use his wish and entire quest for the Dragonballs on a friend he just met and his dad

Also anime filler made Goku help out the tournament contest Nam with his water problem
>>
>>156628802
Fuck off, shonenfags.
Everytime the Earth has been destroyed is because Goku was too busy playing rather than ending the foe before the foe ends them.
>>
File: 1487727444555.gif (393KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487727444555.gif
393KB, 540x310px
>piccolo almost kills everyone
>nah let him live senpai i need to fight him again
>raditz wants goku to murder everyone
>nah i will let him live he promised to change
>gets killed
>vegeta tries to escape and promises revenge
>nah senpai we gotta let him go i need to fight him again
>fast forward x20
>yo lets make a tournament that will decide the fate of trillions of people who have nothing to do with my fighting hobby
>>
>>156632584
But wasn't his primal target. The prime one was to recover his 4 star DB and stop it from being spread after the wish granted by Shenron. Goku's 2 main mantras are: fighting for lulz, for his 4 star DB or vengeance.
>>
>>156632558
American DBZ is just Superman with animation made in Japan
Japanese 90s DBZ/GT is a toned down and more bleached adaptation of the manga just to make Goku and Gohan more appealing for 5-10 years old kids.
OG source is for real people who can handle a poisonous main character
>>
>>156632584
Not really. He crashed into RR because he was hunting and searching for his "grandpa". Upa and Bora's subplot was just a casuality of his search. In the manga, Goku was more upset because Tao Pai Pai outclassed him without effort and stole his 4 star DB than by Bora's death (yeah! He could be THAT selfish, arrogant and prideful in the manga, just like the OG Sun Wukong)
>>
>>156632584
Yes, anime only thanks to Koyama's bowlderization and glorification of Goku's character.
>>
File: 1452214826338.jpg (109KB, 401x487px) Image search: [Google]
1452214826338.jpg
109KB, 401x487px
>>156629577
I was surprised how it felt like nobody was talking about that line either. Since when was it more of a concern to fight people and save the innocent second? I always thought it was the other way around. Now all of the sudden he's just
>lol I just wanna fight strong people and if I happen to save people in the process that's cool too
>>
>>156632667
Earth has only been destroyed once in canon and that was because Buu unlocked a new more powerful form.
>>
>>156634202
I think that side of his character is being emphasized to contrast with the Pride Fighters who actually save people as priority even though they are the antagonists of this arc.
>>
>>156633433
>OG source is for real people who can handle a poisonous main character

Toriyama since when did you learn about 4chan?
>>
>>156634399
Hmmm you know, I didn't think about it from that point of view and that helps make sense of it a lot more.
>>
If Goku was a hero he would give at least a few more fucks about all the innocent people from the other universes that will get deleted, and would at least try to find a way around it.
>>
>>156634387
And then Goku let Golden Frieza does his thing because muh interesting fight. Same with Black even after Trunks told him Black basically destroyed everything he cared about. In this arc Goku wanted to hold a tournament because muh interesting fights, even when whole universes are going to be destroyed.
At best Goku's a fucking retard, at worse he is just a sociopath.
>>
>>156634399
From a wrestling side. Goku is just a heel.
>>
>>156634426
I don't think he even likes the internet that much.
>>
>>156634946
Ah I keep forgetting to store DBS in my "DB Canon" memories.
>>
>>156630148
Toriyama wanted to make Goku a normal person who does good things and have some flaws. Like he's an expert martial artist who loves to fight so much that he's willing to spare enemies just to fight them again.
>>
>>156634791
Inb4 he wishes the other universes back with the super dragon balls.
>>
>>156636887
Personally, I don't

DB needs to have a little dignity
>>
>>156638528
>normal person who has some flaws
>dooms more people than hitler without any remorse

Toriyama can't into grey morality.
>>
>>156647317
kek
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.