[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TTGL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ttgl-anime.jpg (2MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl-anime.jpg
2MB, 3840x2400px
Why can't Trigger TOPPA this?

Why can't anyone?
(Older anime clearly doesn't count)
>>
>>156615293
Simply because the good parts of TTGL were a ripoff of Getter, while the shit parts were original.
>>
Because Imaishi & co stopped evolving as artists. Now they just have the "Trigger brand" of animation & content. Mass-produced "wackiness".
>>
File: Panty-Stocking-lolis1_4307.jpg (52KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Panty-Stocking-lolis1_4307.jpg
52KB, 500x300px
>>156615518
Panty & Stocking wasn't as good but it was still good and if you notice Imaishi's projects before Trigger were all something he (or anyone else) hadn't done before

It's obvious why Dead Leaves is unique

Gurren Lagann was his first attempt at infusing his ideas into a more mainstream show

Panty & Stocking mixed together western cartoon & anime aesthetics like no other animation before

KLK just felt like a more confused and otaku driven Gurren Lagann that idiots thought was communist/feminist/whatever

Luluco was just "a Trigger comedy"

Sex & Violence was pretty unique but also a one-off short
>>
>>156615518
this 1000x

All Imaishi's anime are the same.

All le randumb epic xDDDD, all the same political strawmen, all the same thinly veiled attempt at mocking the watcher. I am glad he's not currently working on anything.
>>
>>156615666
Oh right I have to watch pantsu and stockings
>>
>>156615881
Do yourself a favor and just skip it.
>>
>>156615666
man that OST was something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VboSuekFR4
>>
>>156616014
Do yourself a favor and just skip your life.
>>
>>156615753
He is currently working on a new series though.
>>
>>156616014
Not even to feed my foot fetish?
>>
>>156616117
right back at you

>>156616120
Incoming Imaishi's wacking project nth. I am so thrilled, no, really.

>>156616135
There are better feet series. Have you already watched the Garden of Words? There is in any case literally no reason to watch the anime equivalent of the penguin of doom copypasta.
>>
File: 9b8571f795dac15385554ea48130f93d.png (899KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
9b8571f795dac15385554ea48130f93d.png
899KB, 1280x896px
>>156615422
>Simply because the good parts of TTGL were a ripoff of Getter
What. Are you sure about this? The evolution storyline in TTGL were the worst parts about the show, turning a solid 8/10 into a 6/10 snoozefest.
>>
>>156615422
I prefer the much more LoDM:Gaiking-esque pre-timeskip TTGL way more than the Getter post-timeskip TTGL
Post timeskip was pretty bad.
>>
>>156615293
Gunbuster and P&S were better than YYGL
>>
>>156615293
are 2nd seasons from older anime included ? gintama 2011 was as good as ttgl (if not better )
>>
Trigger as a whole is probably the anime industry's biggest disappointment in the past 10 years, obviously they wouldn't top anything
>>
Because they're trying to.

You can't make a good series based on a formula, or by being inspired only by another series. You just have to have a good idea and go with it.

I haven't been keeping up with their work lately, but last I checked they'd been like the kind of director who does one good film and is constantly living under the shadow of that previous success.

I hope they end up getting over it, because even with garbage ideas like Kill la Kill, the way they execute those ideas is pretty neat. Not gonna hold my breath, though. There's plenty of good anime to watch even without them.
>>
Isn't their next project after LWA supposed to be a spiritual successor to TTGL?
>>
>>156615293
LWA OVA was better
KLK was better
Luluco was better
Gurren Lagann was so safe and boring, coming from Dead Leaves and the incredible first episode of RE Cutie Honey Imaishi normalized his style and content to appeal to the masses producing his less personal work. Luckily PSG and Trigger followed and he didn't become a complete sellout, because the risk was there.
>>
>>156615666
>KLK just felt like a more confused and otaku driven Gurren Lagann
I'm afraid the only one confused was you.
>>
>>156615293
>Older anime clearly doesn't count
Why?
>>
>>156621826
Because TTGL invented anime
>>
>>156615293
>Why can't anyone?
I think JoJo has topped it in terms of hype and also everything else since 2012
>>
>>156622304
>since 2012

>Phantom blood came out in 1987

hmmm
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.