[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What with F/GO and adaptations of the spin-offs, discussion of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 5MrNk.jpg (55KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
5MrNk.jpg
55KB, 400x300px
What with F/GO and adaptations of the spin-offs, discussion of the original VN seems to have dried up.

I pose a question anons, was the Fate route really as bad as people make it out to be? Having re-read it recently, it feels like people exaggerate the faults like Shirou's density, the small scale of the events and the general relaxed feeling throughout.
>>
>>156614349
I think it was a great introduction, the problem is that a lot of people get into Fate already knowing what most of the Fate route explains (e.g. Zero secondaries). The scene in the catacombs under the church is for me to this day the highlight of the route.
>>
>>156614349
its vanilla

everyone has their favorite ice cream flavour, and flavors they dislike - but vanilla is neither, its not the best but everyone can stomach it. but you never see someone buying vanilla when other flavors are available
>>
>>156614349
The Day 15 Church encounter in Fate is the most powerful scene in the visual novel. While the concept of these orphans is incredibly over the top, the way it's built up and the metaphors used really help make it believable, like how Shirou seems to journey down into hell, in a church, and not just any hell, is own personal hell. We see the kind of trauma Shirou is hiding in his mind, even from himself, and we get a look at all the hidden broken pieces he's tried to not let show around others. The idea that his own inner sense of responsibility guild and drive is manifested as these voices that can't be there is great, and it's a wonderful case of Shirou conquering himself that he manages to get those voices to stop, voices that have been silently whispering for 10 years. The other, even more powerful half, is Saber's, how she sees this and it touches her heart and soul in a way that can't be described. I love how these two characters were able to reject their demons because of the bond they shared, they needed to counqer their demons themselves, but the other person was needed as a guiding light for it. I also love the way Saber's answer skillfully mixes all three of Shirou's from each FSN route, with her refusing to kill the one she loves for her ideals (HF, there's even an alt scene where she makes the opposite choice as a bad end, mirroring Mind of Steel), then stopping to rethink her life and realizing that even if she failed, she needs to take pride in her effort (UBW), then resolving not to be controlled by her past anymore (Fate). In this way, this scene is for me, the ultimate climax for the VN, as it carries the full message that FSN tries to convey (or at least what I got out of it): Impossible dreams, while impossible, are still worth believing in to see how far you can get, but this pursuit should be placed below something else, something real, because if you sacrifice everything for something that can't come true, you end up with nothing.
>>
>>156615379
is this a reddit pasta?
>>
>>156614349
Not only is it nto bad, its the best route, and it is absolutely criminal we got stuck with the adaptation we did.
>>
Fate is great. The remaining routes just eclipse it enough that people look back on it more negatively than they did in the moment.

Kind of like Dark Souls 2. By all means a great game, just kind of shitty compared to the rest of the series. Hence it gets undue hate.
>>
>>156615864
dark souls 2 gets carried by its core gameplay - the design choices receive due criticism

fate is just more boring than UBW and HF
>>
>>156615974
Yeah, I can agree with both of those. DS2 is sadly a 7/10 in a series full of 9's. A lot of that is design choices, yeah.
>>
Why is the Fate/Saber route not as popular as UBW/Archer route?
>>
>>156614482
This, I was scared like a little bitch
>>
>>156616008
didn't it have production issues?
>>
>>156614349
yknow, im fairly sure most "normies" like fate more, just like how saber is popular despite being hated on /a/
>>
>>156616156
it was made by the B team - and also rushed (like DS1)

but the biggest issues were the addition and abundance of lifegems, the broken soul memory system, and the less interconnected and interesting areas and enemies
>>
>>156616255
Man, the bossfights are the worst. For a game built on memorable bosses there were like... 2 good bosses in DS2. Maybe.
>>
>>156616330
>allone
>fume knight
>sinh (rehash of kalameet but still good)
>lost sinner
>mirrorknight
>pursuer

these were the best bosses imo
>>
Do people really think Fate route was that shit? Sure, it's saddled with introductory exposition and a more standard narrative and romance (just like Arc's route). Is it also that they think Shirou never developed his belief of being an ideal hero (which is wrong)?
>>
>>156616428
That reminds me, I still have to play the DLC. Should really pick up SotFS one of these days. I was thinking of Mirror Knight and Pursuer, Lost Sinner was cool visually but the fight kinda sucked.
>>
>>156616510
>Is it also that they think Shirou never developed his belief of being an ideal hero (which is wrong)?

Mostly this. And don't forget
>Muh sexism
>>
>>156616547
LS was similar to artorias so i included her

the dlc is by far the best part of the game - but 1/3rd of each is cancer unless you play co-op
>>
>>156616576
>>Muh sexism
how

hes literally the most white knighting motherfucker out there
>>
>>156616640
the whole "women shouldn't fight", which is of course just an excuse Shirou makes because he has a survivor complex and doesn't want to see others hurt in his place. People misunderstood that.
>>
>>156616667
>survivor complex
literally the opposite -its "savior complex"

but i know what you mean
>>
>>156616640
"Anyway you're a girl so you can't!"
"No matter how strong or armoured she is, I think it's wrong for a girl to have to fight"
"But if she dresses like a girl, as a healthy guy, I'm troubled."
"Why won't she obey me?!"
"It's the guy's role to fight, so I'll be doing the fighting"
"I won't allow you to have any other goals"
"If I judge it's dangerous I'll bring Saber back even if she doesn't want to"
"Saber is a girl" (thanks)
"I bear my head going white and stop myself from raising my fist." (at saber)
"No matter how much Saber hates it or rejects me, if I believe I'm right----"
"I don't use an alarm clock because I think they're degenerate"
>>
>>156616763
>"I don't use an alarm clock because I think they're degenerate"
how is that sexist?
>>
File: 1434647264508.png (128KB, 319x362px) Image search: [Google]
1434647264508.png
128KB, 319x362px
>>156615200
What if vanilla is my favorite flavor?
>>
>>156616667
Rin explains to Saber that Shirou doesn't want to see people hurt or dying. It's even explained in the anime. I don't know how the viewers can be so blind. Maybe just jumping on the 'shirou's a sexist idiot train'
>>
>>156617026
you become Kotomine Kirei - unable to feel joy in life
>>
>>156617066
>Maybe just jumping on the 'shirou's a sexist idiot train'
That was my point, anon.
>>
>Kirei explains the history of the Holy Grail War, his hatred of Kiritsugu, and his intentions at the ending of Fate
>Kirei explains the history of the Holy Grail War, his hatred of Kiritsugu, and his intentions at the beginning of HF

Why?
>>
It was fine. It did well setting up the other routes, and in any case, it did a great job on its own of telling what felt like a more localized, somehow more intimate story. There's really only one thing people harp on, and it's not even a big deal. Sure, I'm not a fan of the "Girls shouldn't be harmed in any circumstances!" motif in any work, especially when it's really pushed, just feels like obnoxious whiteknighting, but it was obvious why Shirou felt that way, it was a cover for his own guilt about surviving events of the previous war. Only an absolute retard would fail to see that. In any case, he was able to grow past that, so it wasn't an issue at all.

Plus, obviously the route with the most interaction/character development with Saber. I really enjoyed their scenes, and I really though Saber's h-scenes were great, the second one especially, showed how much they cared for one another. That's if you read the original obviously, otherwise you're stuck with the garbage alternatives rn came up with.
>>
>>156617223
Maybe because there's an entire third of the game between those two points, anon.
>>
Why couldn't Archer beat Berserker?
>>
>>156617711
not enough mana to spam BP's enough- getting pulverized by a block of stats
>>
>>156616667
Seeing Shirou realize how much he misunderstood the situation when he kept insisting he would do the fighting and delving into just how deep his survivor's guilt runs is the best part of the Fate route. It still doesn't save the route from being boring as fuck exposition, but it does a great job of setting up the characters.
>>
>>156617852
UBW had the least 'boring as fuck exposition'.
>>
UBW>Fate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HF
>>
>>156617711
He got cleaved in half by Saber on day 1 so he wasn't 100%
>>
>>156616113
No one really likes Saber as a person. No one really likes her as a character either. She works as a mostly out of the way and barely used....icon.

UBW is the most well liked for a reason. It's good and surprisingly intelligent.
>>
>>156614349
>reread !
what the fuck is wrong with you people ? shit is 50 hours long and i bet it doesn't even worth it !
>>
>>156619214
Non-native English or under-aged?
>>
File: 1473643952235.png (680KB, 1598x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473643952235.png
680KB, 1598x1200px
>>156619214
>50 hours long
>implying
>>
>>156618455
Wasn't he fully recovered by then?
>>
>>156615200
But anon
Vanilla IS my favorite flavor.
>>
Day 15 and Day 16 of Fate route is my favorite part of the story.

What are your favorite parts?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.