[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Utter bullshit moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 19

File: retarded.png (3MB, 1080x1567px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
3MB, 1080x1567px
I'm still mad
>>
Shinsou should've never had such an op quirk to begin with
>>
O
>>
>>156607992
It would be too cliché to have the hero lose in the first round, and you would've bitched about it too. If you don't like the manga you can just stop reading it.
>>
>>156609409
MY
>>
all might vs Afo

most deku fights
>>
>>156607992
That one actually made sense though. One for All isn't a normal power, and the heroes who came before have been hinted to help out before, like during All Might's battle with All for One.
>>
Yeah, it was really stupid because Midoriya knew about the conditions for Shinsou's mind-control quirk and he still fell for it.
>>
>>156609456
That would've been anything but cliche. It would have been fucking refreshing, for once a
precious shonen MC wouldn't miraculously win a battle were all odds were against him.

>>156610065
It is literally a Deus ex Machina, the author can try to make sense of it but it's still bullshit.
>>
>>156609456
>It would be too cliché to have the hero lose in the first round
What?
>>
Mind control powers can always be broken by sufficient willpower, that's just how they work in fiction.
>>
>>156610687
>by sufficient willpower
More like BS powers.
>>
>>156610813
Why are you reading shonens to begin with?
>>
File: Interesting.jpg (58KB, 630x460px) Image search: [Google]
Interesting.jpg
58KB, 630x460px
>>156610813
>He never played Dungeons and Dragons.

Remember that hori is a westaboofag.
Everypower has a flaw and can be countered in some ways.

Only ones who saves themself from this rule are boomboy and daddy issue.
Not really because boomboy has to be carefull and daddy issues has to do the thing where he balances the temperature. But it's almost never shown

Also, Shonennigans.
>>
You expect way too much and are reading way too into this.

I think you may have the 'tism.
>>
>>156610932
Because most current seinen are nothing more than edgy pseud pap for folks that want to act that they're so special for reading it.
>>
>>156610932
>>156611003
>It's shonen so it's okay if it's poorly written

They all always come back to this argument. Just admit that your precious manga has had some flaws like anything else.
>>
>>156611056
seinen, hundreds of different genres, they're all somehow edgy and shit.
>>
>>156611140
I'm generalizing.

Not the first to do so on /a/, hell not even in this thread.
>>
File: ok.jpg (107KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
107KB, 700x700px
>obligatory
>>
>>156611232
Yeah you obviously are but generalizing isn't good, you're just shitposting.
>>
>>156611351
No, I'm not, anon-kun
>>
File: s.jpg (281KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
281KB, 600x400px
>>156611070
>It's shonen so it's okay if it's poorly written

>Just admit that your precious manga has had some flaws like anything else.

That's the point.
>Was it bullshit?
Yes.
>Is it a flaw?
Yeah.
But there is no need to be mad. You're taking your cartoons a little too seriously anon. Relax and stop shitposting on the mongolian throat singing image board because things didn't went the way you wanted on your korean cave paintings.

It's only fiction, why u haff to be mad?
>>
>>156611343
I actually made that my mindset a long time ago. That happened because of threads like these.
>>
>>156611343
>>156611451
That's true but that doesn't mean writers don't end up writing bullshit or mistakes which is what is criticized. It's not about who wins, it's about how they do it.

>>156607992
Fuck I don't care if Midoriya won, I just don't like the way he the writer made him win that fight.
>>
>>156611404
>Say something is bullshit
>"Wooow why are you so mad"

Calm down.
>>
>>156611070
You see it isn't bullshit, it just operates on a completely different mindset that you don't understand. Shonens are always written with outlook on life that states that anything is possible if you have enough willpower.
>>
File: conflicted.jpg (31KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
conflicted.jpg
31KB, 282x341px
>>156611693
>I'm still mad

>I was only pretending to be mad he heh

>>156611343
>>
>>156611780
I'm not sure if you're serious or not but I'll take it as such anyways.

>Shonens are always written
You're generalizing, that's all there is to it, not all shonen have to follow the same formula.
>>
>hero suddenly reveals new and largely unrelated facet of his ability that makes him completely immune to ability that was unbeatable just a moment ago
>not bullshit
>>
>>156611918
Name one that doesn't.
>>
>>156611926
But AM said that OfA and the image of old bearers had nothing to do with it, Deku broke out by his own will.
>>
>>156610425
It's a deus ex machina but arguably one that at least has plot significance.
It's a concrete way of showing the reader what One for All represents. Last we've heard of it was just via exposition dump from All Might.
Mind, I'm not saying it could not have been done better, but it's not terribly jarring. It was already clear that Deku was conscious during the mind control so a strong enough willpower/distraction can be seen as something that could break it.
>>
>>156611952
Angel Densetsu
>>
>>156612012
It's a story about a guy who jumps into fights despite not having any significant training and still winning. How does it not align with idea that you can achieve victory willpower alone?
>>
>>156611986
All Might has been beating around the bush with Deku for the entire manga. Do you really believe what he said to him?
>>
>>156612140
Did you just read the synopsis? That's so funny man, if you don't know what you're talking about then just say so.
>>
>>156612145
In that particular instance, yes, because the part he was evading was that this occurrence foreshadowed his own death, and you just don't make a mentor character use two lies at the same time, you have one lie he sidesteps by telling partial truth.
>>
>>156612197
Of course I haven't read it, and I'm not going to read entire manga just to prove somebody he's wrong. But wiki page alone makes it apparent it uses the same mentality. And the reason all shonen do it is because it's the boyish mindset. You can't write a story for young boys that would have clear limits, and not because of marketing issues, but because to write it you have to have same mindset yourself.
>>
>>156607992
Why are you reading worse Naruto?
>>
>>156607992
F U C K Shinsou. I fucking hate mind control, it's the stupidest, most plot-ruining, cop-out bullshit power. I'll take a thousand deus ex machinas if it means he never fucking appears again.
>>
Shinsou is the traitor isn't he? He has the perfect quirk for extracting info from the teachers. Plus there was that one panel that said something about him had changed after all the disastrous events occurred.
>>
>>156612295
Well the first thing you should realize is not to make assumptions but instead ask. No Angel Densetsu has nothing to do with willpower, period.

How about Gon, Shibatora, Tobaku Haouden Zero, Buddha and I guess Houshin Engi to as well. I assume you haven't read any of those, but still they're shonen. Because not all shonen are about kids battling and not all shonen are about willpower.
>>
>>156612295
>Of course I haven't read it, and I'm not going to read entire manga just to prove somebody he's wrong
So if all you have is a rough outline, how can you refute what he's saying. And how can you declare the synopsis an indication of the point you are making if you haven't read the whole series?
>>
>>156612472
That's what you'd think. I can only hope Hori is smarter than to have that actually be the case.
>>
>>156607992
I love BnHA but I agree, this was pretty BS. Ojiro warned him to not respond anything and yet he still did because of little provocation which was equally stupid. I swear any of us could have come up with something better. The series has been pretty consistent after that though.
>>
>>156612725
Yeah, I agree, it became more consistent at making everyone else retarded at how to use their quirk so Deku could come up with better way to combine them to, like, do an human chariot flying through the air every time.
>>
>>156612510
HxH pretty much uses willpower to power up. You have to make restrictions upon yourself to increase your power and adhering to those restrictions requires great willpower. When Gon powers up to kill Pitou is it not out of sheer willpower to do so?
>>
>>156610425
>for once a precious shonen MC wouldn't miraculously win a battle were all odds were against him
>for once
lurk moar.
>>
File: Smug.jpg (38KB, 399x340px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
38KB, 399x340px
>>156612930
>it became more consistent
>references something that happened before said bullshit happened

Anon, that's not how argumentation works!

Just try again.
>>
>>156611003
Deku basically made a good WIS saving throw and broke out of the mind control.
>>
>>156613110
From what I recall, he used the quirks of tentacle dude, gravity girl and crow man in the forest to leap a great distance in the air to catch up with the villain who captured Bakugou.

And to rescue Bakugou, he used the quirks of his buddies at the scene to jump over the place Bakugou was in so that the hardening guy could grab his hand and rescue him.

Counting the first villain attack with Frog girl and Mineta and the beginning of the festival with crow guy, gravity girl and maybe someone else), that's four time the same gimmick. How creative.
>>
>>156612725
How else do you make the battle interesting now that the MC has been spoiled as to what the power is? Generally fights like this revolve around figuring out what the opponent's power is so it can be countered. If Deku didn't respond at first then he would've just tossed Shinsou out of the ring no problem and it would have been a terribly boring chapter.
>>
>>156609959
RUBBER
>>
>>156613016
The will to kill
>>
>>156613016
kek

>Gon
There's a manga called Gon, I'm not talking about HxH.
>>
>>156607992
Midoriya is doomed by the fact that he has such a plain quirk that magically works for him when he's in a desperate situation.

All the other fights that don't feature Izuku are generally great because the opponents have powers that aren't vague as fuck.
>>
>>156613383
It would've been more interesting if Deku had actually lost straight up. Even if Shinsou were to lose later on it doesn't matter.
>>
>>156613351
You aren't wrong about these, however you're forgetting that this is also Deku's character. Unlike others, he's a complete hero nut, he has for the entirety of his life observed heroes and thought about how they operate, alone and in groups. It's not only a hobby, it's bordering an obsession.
Is this done to make him stand out more as the MC? Sure, but it isn't baseless.
>>
>>156613583
It wouldn't have because then he wouldn't have gotten to fight Todoroki, and that was the most important battle of the sports festival.
>>
>>156613687
Combining powers is cool.
Combining powers to always achieve the same result is boring, even if the powers used are differents in the first place. And the fact that Deku is alwyas the one coordinating just make the others characters looks like morons who can't figure out how they should use their own quirk.
>>
hey I'm a cock-gobbling faggot that watched (what's aired) of the anime and didn't/doesn't bother to read the manga at all

Any confirmed ships?
>>
>>156613813
Deku x Toga

Bakugou x Kirishima
>>
>>156613687
If Deku has the willpower to break mindcontrol then he better be getting the Superboy Prime treatment where he starts killing off Heroes because they're not doing a good job. Where his obsession becomes his insanity and warps his perspective.
>>
>>156613383
That's where Hori needs to be creative.
If it were me It would be something alone the lines of
>deku knows Shinsou control minds
>is really careful to not say anyhing
>shinsou's taunting him
>doesnt work
>starts dissing all might
>deku gets triggered and replies
>gets mind fucked
>starts walking towards the edge of the ring
>realizes he's fucked
>body wont listen
>as a desperate move and with pure luck he uses OfA on his own brain
>snaps out of it.

I think it would've been interesting to explore what you can really do with OfA, if it's actually enhancement in general, maybe you can use it on your mind and become super smart
>>
>>156614026
That sounds fucking retarded. Good thing Hori is writing MHA and not you.
>>
>>156614026
>>deku knows Shinsou control minds
>>is really careful to not say anyhing
>>shinsou's taunting him
>>doesnt work
>>starts dissing all might
>>deku gets triggered and replies
>>gets mind fucked
>>starts walking towards the edge of the ring
>>realizes he's fucked
>>body wont listen

>>he loses
>>it's not the end of the world and he learned a valuable lesson.
>>
>>156614026
>>156614154
This is why you're never going to write a story guys.
>>
>>156607992
The scan quality is shittier than the moment itself.
>>
>>156613920
Somehow I distrust you.
>>
>>156614026
>brain explodes

Jesus Christ, Hori
>>
>>156614189
It's always hilarious when anons criticize writing and then write how they would've done it 10 times worse

I have Gran Torino on my side too.
>>
>>156614026
>snaps out of it.

I think it would be a better this way.

>Deku to use OfA on his legs when he takes a step to immobilize himself. Sacrificing his legs.
>Shin becomes shocked from Deku's insanity and loses concentration to mind control
>giving Deku a moment to take advantage of Shin's shocked state.
>>
>Shinsou talks with AfO
>he responds
>"kill yourself"
>he kills himself

what was Hiro thinking when he thought of this quirk?
>>
>>156614231
He used it on his arm in the cavalry and it didnt break tho
>>
>>156607992
What's that, OP?

A cropped, zoomed-in, blurry as shit page from mangareader?

Don't you know a REAL source for manga, pleb?
>>
File: Bleach - chapter 684 (11).jpg (308KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach - chapter 684 (11).jpg
308KB, 784x1145px
>>156607992
show me a bigger bullshit moment than pic related from manga not named Fairy Tail.
>>
>>156614323
>giving Deku a moment to take advantage of Shin's shocked state.
And pray tell how he does this with no legs? Don't tell me he then destroys his arms to create a great enough wind to push Shinsou out of the arena? And then what of the next round? That was only round 1 and now Deku is totally incapacitated.

You people really don't think ahead when writing. The crux of the sports festival was Deku vs Todoroki in which Deku forces Todoroki to bring out his full power and gain his own identity. Deku can't go killing himself against someone like Shinsou.
>>
File: 1490659872561.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1490659872561.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
So I watch BnHA when it came out, should I start watching the seccond seasson or just read the manga?
>>
>>156614800
Anime is significantly better
>>
>>156614936
No it isn't. The anime is good, but there's no reason not to read it.
>>
>>156614800
Both. Yutapon should be doing some more work on this season.

https://sakugabooru.com/data/7609b8a8c0bada4bccfa119d93e57259.mp4
>>
So, the drugs in Illegals, that buff the quirks, are the same that are appearing now in the manga?

Because illegals is at least 6 months or more before the begin of MHA.
>>
If that makes you mad you need immediate help for your autism
>>
>>156614544
>>156607992
>>156610425
>That would've been anything but cliche. It would have been fucking refreshing, for once a
>precious shonen MC wouldn't miraculously win a battle were all odds were against him.
Jesus christ nigger he lost in the next round why does it matter?
>>
>>156613521
This. Faggot hadn't even read the tyranosaur magnum opus and confused it with HxH gon and the massive asspulls. Shamefur dispray
>>
>>156615381
I'm not sure why you're quoting me since I was telling anon that his writing was shit.
>>
>>156614189
I'll prove you wrong.
>>
File: tz4rz9a.png (2MB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tz4rz9a.png
2MB, 780x1200px
>>156607992
I mean seriously
>>
File: 3885.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3885.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I can't wait for the anime people to witness this to see how fucked my boy got in this part.

No matter what you spin on it he got ass pulled/bullshitted out of this one.
>>
>>156607992
It's a power we know almost no parameters of besides the activation condition, I don't see where the trouble is?
>>
>>156614544
Use his wrist to grab the floor to fling himself towards Shin tackling him out of bounds. Mind you that it can be only one leg that could shake the arena.Or even his fucking toe thumb since he can manipulate OfA to specific bodyparts. Anything that would catch Shin off guard that involves sacrificing something as you know, it would add actual weight and tension in future matches over "muh willpower" trope.

>And then what of the next round? That was only round 1 and now Deku is totally incapacitated.

Not totally incapacitated if he woud've at least done something creative but as said before, it would've added tension in future fights and actually apply suspension of disbelief that Deku is going to win everything.
>>
File: ryu.png (165KB, 483x375px) Image search: [Google]
ryu.png
165KB, 483x375px
>>156614455
All fights in the TYBW Arc follow rock paper scissors logic due to their conceptual nature. The silver was Yhwach's weakness, that's all the explanation you need.
>>
>>156615635
It was hinted throughout the entire series dumbass.
>>
>>156613396
NEN
>>
>>156615855
>Use his wrist to grab the floor
So he loses an arm then. Same as I said just you propose he moves himself rather than Shinsou. inb4 no only wrist. He can't throw and punches or grab anything without his wrist so his arm is useless.

>Mind you that it can be only one leg that could shake the arena
There was nothing said earlier about shaking the arena. I'm assuming, (You) said Shinsou would be shocked by Deku's insanity of destroying his own legs just to break out of mind control. And if you think shaking the arena would scare Shinsou then that's just as cheap as muh willpower.

>it would add actual weight and tension in future matches
Not at all. Todoroki is already supposed to be a formidable opponent with just his right arm and Deku forces him to use his left. Making Deku fight with an injury would only lessen the impact of Todoroki winning.

I really don't get why fuckers like you are so against willpower. There's a reason it's so heavily involved in shounen manga and if you can't understand why then this is the wrong demographic for you. Go read some seinen manga or something.
>>
>>156613723
making bullshit happen to allow something else to happen is bad writing and youre willing to just eat it?
>>
>>156616453
What? Where?
>>
File: wmBDgcE.png (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wmBDgcE.png
443KB, 1280x720px
>>156616871
The world's power isn't to stop time but to have the same power as all the jostar's stands
>>
>>156616871
Connections via Jonathan
The fact Dio can sense when he's close
The fact Dio needs Joestars' blood
Most importatly, Dio and Jotaro are basically polar opposites, so they mirror each other's abilities if that makes sense.
>>
>>156617067
If that's true why isn't Dio dying of cancer like Holly?
>>
>>156617134
Holly wasn't dying of cancer, she was dying because she didn't have the will and/or demeanor to handle a stand. "Stand Sickness" was what she had.
>>
Remind me, how did he stop? Was it just willpower or did he use OfA and the pain of a broken finger snapped him out of it?
>>
>>156617168
>Holly wasn't dying of cancer
It's called a joke anon.
In that case what was her stand even?
>>
>>156617605
Some shit with vines.
We never found out.
>>
>>156617605
>>156617683
Wasn't it purple hermit?
>>
>>156617605
>It's called a joke anon.
I'm incredibly dense anon.

>what was her stand
Nobody but Araki knows. It never develops beyond just the flowers on her back.
>>
File: 1492676909704.jpg (699KB, 683x935px) Image search: [Google]
1492676909704.jpg
699KB, 683x935px
>>156617067
Holy fucking shit I could never have figured that shit out.
>>
>>156616712
>inb4 no only wrist. He can't throw and punches or grab anything without his wrist so his arm is useless.

You can still throw elbows, forearms, and other shit with your arm.

>There was nothing said earlier about shaking the arena. I'm assuming, (You) said Shinsou would be shocked by Deku's insanity of destroying his own legs just to break out of mind control.

Youre right but I did say "it can be" as in being another option depending how high you want the stakes be and added in
>Anything that would catch Shin off guard that involves sacrificing something
To reaffirm how there are other, much better ways to tell a better story and narrative.

>And if you think shaking the arena would scare Shinsou then that's just as cheap as muh willpower.
Sacrificing a part of his body could throw him off guard as who the fuck would expect that when you think he was totally possessed/mind controlled? The arena shaking could be just additional layer.

>I really don't get why fuckers like you are so against willpower.
Because it is literally one of the cheapest, most copout ways to write yourself out of a corner. It takes away any emotional weight it had unless there are actual costs or restrictions involved.

>There's a reason it's so heavily involved in shounen manga and if you can't understand why then this is the wrong demographic for you. Go read some seinen manga or something.

People dont have a problem with "willpower" being involved when it is done right. Hunter X Hunter, one of the most popular and highest regarded shounen manga to date has done the whole willpower concept right. You want to do something you normally cant through sheer willpower? Then you're going to have to give up something heavy in return.
>>
>>156611926
yare yare daze
>>
>>156618017
Mind control takes away any emotional weight it had unless there are actual costs or restrictions involved. Mind control is imposing your will on others, I don't see why having a stronger will can oppose it is so "bad writing"
>>
>>156618017
>It takes away any emotional weight it had unless there are actual costs or restrictions involved.
This is exactly what I was getting at. It does the exact opposite of taking away emotions because it is LITERALLY using emotions to overcome an obstacle.

Shounen manga is all about emotions, not logic. Do you think it's more interesting to see an underdog beat the odds because of his willpower, or because he trained extremely hard for 3 years, made sure to acquire any and all gear he might need, and got the best allies by his side before he attempted to tackle the obstacle so that he could be certain he would win? The answer should be obvious.

Fights in shounen manga are about emotion, whose conviction is greater than the others, fighting to protect others, etc. As I said, you'd probably enjoy some edgy seinen manga more where logic is the key and they specifically crush down the emotional willpower factor.
>>
>>156614455
Courage Punch
>>
>>156618624
>Do you think it's more interesting to see an underdog beat the odds because of his willpower, or because he trained extremely hard for 3 years, made sure to acquire any and all gear he might need, and got the best allies by his side before he attempted to tackle the obstacle so that he could be certain he would win?
Not that anon but I prefer the latter actually. I like when the MC wins because they planned and thought the problem through. Solutions that are acquired by just screaming really loudly and getting a power-up are fun but I've seen it so many times in shounen that I've grown jaded to when it happens.

Seeing someone triumph over a problem through sheer Grit isn't bad though. It's all about how often the Author lets it happen, and what balances it out. If the MC only wins through emotions he's going to be dull, same as if he only wins by Keikaku. I think balance and Variety on a narrative level is key here.

>edgy seinen manga more where logic is the key and they specifically crush down the emotional willpower factor.
Seinen relies on "Muh Willpower" just as much as Shounen what are you talking about? Only difference between Shounen and Seinen are age demographics which may affects how some themes and cliches are presented. And even then the difference can be nonexistent because Shounen like HxH is very Gritty and something I would peg as aimed at an older audience, while Bungo Stray Dogs, a Seinen Series reads like your standard Shounen.

It's literally just an age demographic, and not a statement about whether or not the series will rely on Willpower or not for the MC to succeed.
>>
>>156617067
"no"
>>
>>156617067
How old was Josuke when part 3 took place? Like 7?
Would Josuke's stand work on him since the body isn't technically his but Jonathan's?
>>
File: 1473775545630.jpg (115KB, 272x423px) Image search: [Google]
1473775545630.jpg
115KB, 272x423px
>it's a "shounen thread turns into a HxH circlejerk" episode
>>
>>156618624
Kind of unrelated but Deku isnt even all about Willpower, he's very calculating since he's borderline autistic when it comes to quirks and how they work and how they can be countered. I feel like the manga has a good mix of both, even if the crazier scenes with deku tend to lean heavier on the willpower aspect then logic.
>>
>>156619294
Dio healed that faggot priest with Crazy Diamond in part 6 flash back.

Why you think he managed to save vanilla ice after decapitation? He reattach the head to the body and made him a vampire.
>>
>>156618251
There are other mediums that has done the breaking free of mind control through willpower better and the most common denominator is the person's sanity. The person's insanity to the highest degree or psychopaths.

>>156618624

>It does the exact opposite of taking away emotions because it is LITERALLY using emotions to overcome an obstacle.

You're describing the definition of willpower, not refuting what I said about how using plain willpower without cost devalues any emotional weight you have as a reader and I have a feeling that I needed to mention as a reader.

reread my post because I dont know why you're defining how shounen works when I mentioned HxH. And btw, the later scenario can be classified as "willpower" too since he's dedicating so much time and energy to complete a task. That with enough hard work and dedication, you're able to achieve your goals. Going by that, the later scenario is actually better and more interesting than the former.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (17KB, 358x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
17KB, 358x200px
>>156619702
It all makes sense now...
>>
>>156617067
Then how come Dio never uses Star Finger?
>>
>>156607992
YMIR DYING LATEST CHAPTER
>>
>>156619889
You are thinking that the match itself is important while it's just a vehicle for Shinsou's dilemma(bad powers, good people) and for some more intrigue on OFA. You're so focused on the battle itself rather than it's place in the narrative, it must be a bit confusing since the sports festival was used by the author to grow characters mentally/emotionally rather than physically.
>>
>>156617732
No.
>>
>>156615635
And an even bigger bullshit moment that's not even mentioned
>They're fucking flying
>>
>>156617089
You're retarded if you think that's "hinting"
>>
>>156620351
They're just jumping really high and you're not falling when you stop time.
>>
>>156618945
The implication is that the seinen demographic is older and therefore generally does not like seeing all of the usual shounen tropes.
>>
>>156620726
I get what they guy is implying. I just think he hasn't read much seinen if he thinks that.
>>
>>156607992
why? I never saw any problem with that, we knew OFA can be passed down, we didn't (or rather, still don't) know everything about it, we don't know what the full extent of what OFA can do. If you want utter bullshit moment, I can think of Mirio beating 1A empty handed in 5 minutes while the majority of the fight got offscreened
>>
>>156620903
The biggest asspull is that Aizawa has some magical textiles that can trap people and shit with his mind's command.
>>
>>156615119
presumably, but its
name hasn't been mentioned directly
>>
>>156609456
>if you don't like it you should stop reading it

maybe it just shouldn't be shit
>>
File: Screenshot_20170406-115034.png (311KB, 640x679px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170406-115034.png
311KB, 640x679px
>>156607992
This was some cheesed ass moment
That side to the OFA quirk would have been more understandable if it activated while he was fighting that guy who nearly killed him but having it activate in a non life threatening situation just for a tournament is dumb
>>
>>156621861

That's retarded
>>
>>156607992

That was a foreshadowing of the true nature of OFA, there is even a point at which Deku tells AM and he gets startled when he finds out he might had been among the crew that was inside him.
>>
>>156623489
DId anything come out of that or was this just supposed to foreshadow All Might's death until the author pussied out.
>>
File: Eden v15 c101 - 105.jpg (220KB, 951x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Eden v15 c101 - 105.jpg
220KB, 951x1400px
probably the most rage inducing manga in existence
>>
the main team of saki achiga hen winning the regionals or whatever it was
fuck the monkey bullshit
>>
>>156624158

The foreshadowing is about the true nature of One for all, and we still don't fully understand how it works, or at least Deku doesn't.

The trance could only be broken by somebody else, so it seems like the next used carries the will, or whatever, of those that came before him, together with their strength.

It would probably mean more along the way.
>>
>>156624401
source?
>>
>>156624158
>>156624690

Maybe AM has to die so that Deku can get the full inheritance. Probably not, but It might be.
>>
>>156624690
>The foreshadowing is about the true nature of One for all, and we still don't fully understand how it works, or at least Deku doesn't.
Didn't we get a chapter about how the quirk worked? How it was AfO who gave a quirk to increase strenght to his brother who actually ad a quirk to pass on quirk and OfA is a combinaison of thoses two quirks?

What's left to explain besides the vision of the previous holders of OfA?
>>
>>156622536

That side of OFA is not about extra power, it is about the will of the former users. Other people could break the trance, that's how his quirk worked, so it was somebody else within him.
>>
>>156624748
filename
>>
>>156610425
>>156612005
>I have no idea what deus ex machina means but I'm going to keep talking about it as if I do

kys both of you
>>
>>156624798

We know the origin, and how it is supposed to work, how it is transmitted mainly, but one could wager there is more to the skill itself. We don't get much about the application itself.

AM was hiding a lot from Deku that only came out as the explanations were needed.

I will be surprised if that vision of the former users end up never becoming relevant again, you hardly do such a thing and then reference it later just to let it go forever. Not even really shity authors do that and, even with all the hate boners that 4chan has for Shonen manga, I believe nobody is going to say Horikoshi is a shit mangaka.
>>
>>156624900
Can you explain it to me then?
>>
>>156609456
>It would be too cliché to have the hero lose in the first round
What series do this? Can't think of a single one.
>>
>>156607992
Why this and not 1000000%?
>>
>>156607992
>still mad

implying you didn't pick up the manga after watching the recent episodes because you have the self-restraint of a 4 year-old on crack and don't have the patience to at least wait for the season to end.
>>
Horikoshi is a shit mangaka
>>
>>156625368
Every super hero movie.
>>
>>156625755
name said movies that a) Have tournaments and b) Have the hero lose immediately in them
>>
>>156625795
Kickboxer
>>
File: FBzqZGthkW6KQ.gif (2MB, 250x263px) Image search: [Google]
FBzqZGthkW6KQ.gif
2MB, 250x263px
>>156625957
>not posting the best scene from the film
>>
>>156625795
Dude.
Rocky gets his ass handed to him at the beggining.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.