[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hayate no Gotoku final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

File: img000029.jpg (116KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000029.jpg
116KB, 836x1200px
HINAFAGS
ATHENAFAGS
MARIAFAGS
HAMSTERFAGS
RUKAFAGS

ALL
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
Dropped.
Wont accept this ending as canon.
Fucking Hata.
>>
>>156589993
I can't see Nagifags 100% happy with this, Hata literally shat on your girl for years broke her heart, changed everything she was and then throw a bone to them looking all smug about it and it wasn't even a confession.
>>
Finally, we can get off this train wreck of a ride.

A-Tan best girl
>>
>>156589993
Picking it up now, dropped it cause fuck harem shit
>>
>>156589993
what the
FUCK
>>
Thank god this piece of shit finally ended. It should've died 500 chapters ago.
>>
>>156590580
Dropped it ages ago when it turned briefly into an action manga with Athena.
>>
>>156590416
>changed everything she was
Well, she did grow up. Doesn't rely on anyone and does things on her own now. The timeskip did not do it justice and that happening in the last chapter; it sure felt rushed. I am happy for Nagi though.

But I am a Hinafag, so when Hata did not show the full confession nor the rejection???, it did make me mad.
>>
did the elevens even care?
>>
>>156590486
It was never meant to be a harem to begin with.
>>
File: hayate300.png (335KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
hayate300.png
335KB, 704x396px
>>156590416
I understand anon, say whatever you need to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>156591052
You're right, I'm fucking salty Hayate abandoned Maria in the RG, got out alone, betrayed his own feelings forgot his heartfelt confession and searched for Nagi so he would confess his undying and passionated feelings of wanting to "protect her future", Jesus Christ that's like impregnating her before Maria's eyes.
>>
>>156589993
>all that shit to end up with Nagi end anyway
What was the fucking point?
>>
>>156589993
I dropped this shit 5 years ago.

did he ever learn what happened with his parents?

Did all the shit with Athena get resolved?

Was is ever shown wtf was up with Santa San?

Did they ever explain the Stones?

Did they explain who Nagis parents were?
>>
>>156591266
Abandoned Maria? She probably left the Royal Garden right after giving him her letter.

>>156591484
Yes, to most of your questions.
>>
>>156589993
I'm glad that Hina didn't win. All is good
>>
None but you fags are to blame for sticking to this piece of shit.

It was clear HnG jumped the shark ever since the Doujinshi Namek arc started 6 years ago.
Anyone who knew his shit dropped this by 2013.
>>
I'm as disappointed in the ending as everyone else here, but overall the manga wasn't as bad as you're all making it out to be. I mean it certainly had it's ups and downs over the years, but this was the one series where every chapter would leave me with a smile on my face (I actually liked all the gag chapters).

It might have overstayed it's welcome, but it was still a really fun series. I certainly don't regret having followed it for all these years.

Also, fuck Nagi. A-tan should've won.
>>
>>156592381
A-Tan was when the series started to get bad. Look into your hearts and you will find this to be true.
>>
>>156592428
You're kidding, right? The End of the World arc was the high point of the series.
>>
>>156592461
It stopped being a stupid fun manga and tried going full serious and emotional.

If anything I started get a real bad feeling when the robot actually started dating his creator.
>>
>>156592381
Agreed. The ending was mediocre at worst and besides, it's pretty much just playing out the way its meant to be, resolving the royal power and jewel shit. No shitty plot twist that bucks everything, like say Ah Megami-sama and HnG is mainly a comedy manga first, so I don't even care if they rushed through the arc's final fight (it didn't even go full Negima).

I never really gave much shit about romance anyway so overall, I still had fun with the series and following to the end was worth it.

>>156592428
A-tan was and is one of the best characters and End of the World was a great arc that added much needed depths to Hayate as a character.
>>
Guys, 2017 will finally be Hina's year ;_;
>>
>>156593131
Ichigo 100% managed to get a goddamn spin-off for Aya after so many damn years. Maybe in 2027 when Hata is in need of some extra cash, he'll start writing a reverse harem called To-Hina-ru 100% Darkness.
>>
>Yukiji got a happier ending than Hina
>>
File: 1484478851623.jpg (48KB, 599x363px) Image search: [Google]
1484478851623.jpg
48KB, 599x363px
Hamster and Maria don't even get a panel. This can't be the real ending, right?
>>
>>156589993
Last I checked they were setting up for Maria end, what happened?
>>
>>156594212
Seems like Hata scrapped Maria's arc. Her backstory was dealt with in like 2-3 pages of exposition in one single chapter.
>>
File: 1345412647368.jpg (28KB, 217x265px) Image search: [Google]
1345412647368.jpg
28KB, 217x265px
>It was never Hina's year
>>
>>156589993
I was a Nagifag back when I followed this. I didn't care if the endgame was romantic, platonic or familial so I'm pretty okay with this.
>>
>>156589993
Happy of how Nagi changed but this came out of nowhere, neither should have had those sort of feelings at that time
>>
Maria only showed up in the final chapter on a photo.
>>
>>156589993
People can't be BTFO if they lost interest long time ago.
>>
>>156589993
>nagi grows up

Pedofags got BTFO too.
>>
>>156589993
I already knew this from the spoilers about a month ago. So?
>>
File: Isumi.jpg (612KB, 898x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Isumi.jpg
612KB, 898x1300px
I will always love Isumi. RIP in peace.
>>
so Maria just fucks off and literally never comes back

lmao what an awful writer
>>
So we can agree that Maria was literally the worst girl. The only relationship she ever had with Nagi was a business one, and once she was no longer working for Nagi she had no reason to see her again.

What a fucking cunt.
>>
>>156589993
Is this really surprising? I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning.
>>
>>156595724
>>156595787
Guys, it's ok. She gave Nagi a pretty picture as a goodbye present, so that makes up for everything
>>
>>156589993
Dropped it a long time ago.

What happened to Maria?
>>
>>156589993
What's the appeal of this manga? Are the fights even good?
>>
>>156595997
She gets her own movie.
It's called Maria no shoushitsu and Hayate has no Taniguchi to help him.
>>
>>156596090
So what happened to her?
>>
I wonder if this was cancelled, the ending was so sudden.
It totally deserved it though, it's been shit for a very long time now.
>>
>>156596125
Disappears, no one knows what happened to her.
>>
>>156596129
>wow your manga really got popular please don't end it and draw many more arcs
>years later
>well, your manga isn't selling that well anymore, time to finish it, you have 10 chapters to wrap things up
I have no trust in this industry anymore.
>>
>>156596129
It was kind of cancelled.

Because of declining sales numbers in Sunday over the past decade, the entire editorial team was replaced to try something new in order to get more readers. Since then, they've ended pretty much every then-current series in order to start new ones. I believe Hayate and Magi were the only ones left.

So yes, in a sense this was cancelled, but Hata has had well over a year of notice, so it's completely on him for not wrapping things up better.
>>
>>156595787
Maybe the author wanted us to feel how Hayate felt first hand when she left. Maria felt her role was done when Nagi started to change. She left and probably wanted to explore the world? She's been Nagi's maid mostly her whole life.
>>
>>156596558
You're giving Hata way too much credit. He flat out gave up on her backstory and even had the characters do a meta tsukkomi about him pulling that shit. He just gave up/don't know what to do/ didn't bother with handling how Maria fit into the story in the latter arc.
>>
>Hayate final chapter thread
>only 51 posts (including this one)
>only one thread
How the mighty have fallen.
>>
File: Doki Doki Doki.jpg (83KB, 776x372px) Image search: [Google]
Doki Doki Doki.jpg
83KB, 776x372px
>>156596859
I remember in the old days we'd get multiple threads a week. Even back when Ruka kissed Hayate there must have been a dozen threads just that day. And now, nothing.
>>
>>156589993
>Thank you so much for reading the past 13 years
holy shit, has it really been that long since this trainwreck started?
>>
>>156596859
Fuck back off to /int/ if you are so desperate for attention.
>>
Will I ever get more figures and a A-tan figure at that guys? G-guys... But in all seriousness, been to every Hayate thread over the years. It's my number 1 all time favorite series and super bummed to see it go. Need cheering up...
>>
>>156596984
>Ruka
Sad how she never showed up again. She was so likable too. Also, I wish the ending was better, it left more questions than answers. Hata could have at least shown Maria one more time, even if it wasn't a reunion.
>>
>>156597109
There were barely any good figs for Nagi and Hina, the other girls have even lesser chances.
>>
>>156597109
I'm impressed you like it so much when it's been worse than shit for a full decade.
>>
Eh, maybe I'll go read it now that it's finally done.
>>
>>156596859
>we
Having philipino shitposters like you is the sign
>>
File: Hayate end of the world.jpg (797KB, 2227x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hayate end of the world.jpg
797KB, 2227x1600px
I'm sad it ended like this. Somehow I always just assumed we would see the End of the World and the Golden Week arcs animated. And it's just now sinking in that we never will. What a shame. I was never even an Athenafag, but those were some of the best parts of the series.
>>
>>156589993
Remind the Extra Chapter Hina will win
>>
File: Death to kirino.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Death to kirino.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>156591808
Miserable Bastard Unhappy Hater Faggot Sonuvabitch
>>
File: Sorry Hina.jpg (170KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sorry Hina.jpg
170KB, 836x1200px
>Hina finally confesses
>Cuts off just before she finishes
>Time skip
>She doesn't reappear or get mentioned again

Wow. I'll be the first to admit, I never cared all that much for Hina, but she really deserved better than that.
>>
>>156592669
>It stopped being a stupid fun manga and tried going full serious and emotional.
and it was a success with A-tan, but then he dropped the ball with doujin namek. Look into your heart and you will find this to be true.
>>
>>156598003
That made me mad. Did she really get to confess.
>>
>>156593264
>Maybe in 2027 when Hata is in need of some extra cash
I doubt his money will last so much will all the rage he made with this rushed ending.
>>
>>156598060
Re-reading it at one go after it was done, I think the problem was that it tried to flop between Ruka's plot and random wacky road trips that didn't go anywhere. It just made it infuriating to wait week by week only to get what is basically filler (for lack of better word). Basically, it's like people are focusing on the main plot (Ruka, doujin competition) but then keeps putting it off for random stuff, thereby killing the tension.

If the arc was trimmed down, it would actually be pretty decent, because there really are some good moments here and there. Just you know, got buried by all the other shit.

>>156598874
He's got other manga projects as well. And the manga's ending isn't going to suddenly cut off all the royalties.
>>
>>156598938
>Basically, it's like people are focusing on the main plot (Ruka, doujin competition) but then keeps putting it off for random stuff, thereby killing the tension.
I wonder if it would be possible to cut down HnG into something like 1/3 of the length that is just the important chapters and the particularly good comedy chapters.
>>
>>156596767
>you will never find out about maria's past
>you will never see hayate actually follow through on his first love for maria
BURN HATA AT THE STAKE
>>
>>156598938
Yeah but we loved the crazy arcs early on. It's what gave birth to the first season that didn't follow the manga and was pretty great, too. The problem is that as a story, Hayate was always weak. You were reading for that one plot thing or one of the girls, it's like you read it not expecting a harem but in the end it was a harem. Entirely distracting harem that did nothing but fill up pages. Hina, Hamster, Ruka, even A-tan and Maria, they all existed to suck up panel time to make you feel like you were pulled into another character's new perspective constantly. Why else would that indian girl and her dumb friend exist? Hayate is entirely a filler manga. The parts with the RG, stones, etc. probably add up to less than 100 chapters.
It's a very entertaining read, but it wasn't supposed to end and it wasn't made it end. As a manga, I think this is a sign of excellence rather than a bad thing. Just, as a story overall looking back, it's going to be weak.
>>
>>156599197
The problem is that the detours during the dojin namek arc was shit. They weren't even crazy or fun. It was quite simply a detour that prolongs the arc
>>
Was anyone actually stupid enough to think that it would end any other way?

I mean, seriously
>>
Rest in pache, hermano.
>>
>>156599250
Hey, we all have our parts we hate. Doujin namek is notable because it didn't feel like Hayate anymore, got too serious at parts.
>>156599279
Everyone was stupid. Everyone is stupid. And even now there is a Hinafag pulling up the H I N A G I K U ED and imagining she won, carefully photoshopping in Hina in the final image.
>>
>>156599340
>got too serious
The most serious part excluding the final arc has always been End of the World. Doujin namek is badly done, plain and simple.
>>
I read about a couple dozen chapters of this and dropped it because Nagi was shit and it was obvious all along that she would win. Did the video shota at least make out alright?
>>
I don't know what this is and I've never read it, but I know that when a series ends, it can be an emotional time. I feel your pain and wish you the best.
>>
>>156595642
too bad most of her lores and foreshadowings (last two techniques, her understanding in King Jewel etc) are never explained. And what is worst is that her interaction with other characters are so limited. I do wonder if Hata even cares about this character in the first place.
>>
>let's take our time
>and talk

That's not really an ending. Why do japanese stories always "end" stupidly?
>>
>>156599836
That's less of an issue with japanese stories and more to do with long running manga that's been going on for well, far too long to conclude properly. Plenty of manga that don't got 40+ volumes manage to tell what story they want and end as it needed to.
>>
>>156599836
Side effects from the radiation
>>
>His editors got so fed up with the manga they axed it
It only went downhill after EotW/Golden Week.
>>
thank god it's over
goes to show how easy it is to take something decent and butcher it

childhood is liking hayate no gotoku
adulthood is realizing hata is a fucking hack
>>
File: 1406562373699.jpg (11KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1406562373699.jpg
11KB, 250x333px
Alright, one last roll-call
hina-fags.... where we at.....
>>
>>156600145
so much this. I can't believe some fans even still defend this trainwreck. I mean, opinions are matter and can be viewed in different perspectives, but they can't defend how the series did went downhill a long time ago. Hata's terrible writing and organization did not help the matter either.
>>
File: 1289507927916.png (145KB, 373x358px) Image search: [Google]
1289507927916.png
145KB, 373x358px
Felt something between disappointment and relief from this.
Did Hata really not know how to wrap this up, or did he just stop caring?
>>
Why the fuck is he with her? What made him go for her after saying he doesn't love her?
>>
>>156600519
It should be pretty obvious that Hata no longer gives a fuck for the latter part of the manga.
>>
>>156600519
>>156600457
plot armor and author's bias at full effect. Plus, the series got axed, so he has to find the cheesiest way and the worst idea to end it.
>>
>>156599522
Yeah, he got together with his maid around 50 chapters ago.
>>
>>156600797
>his maid
>not Sakuya
Why
>>
>>156600864
He gave up Sakuya hundreds of chapters ago.

Hata actually handled the pairing pretty well; they had a lot of good development together and they got a well written conclusion. Wish I could say the same for the main couple.
>>
what happened to gundam sensei and hinas sister? did clause ever show up again?
>>
File: 1428548052211.jpg (495KB, 850x738px) Image search: [Google]
1428548052211.jpg
495KB, 850x738px
Eh, I'm glad Hina didn't win she deserved better.

Maria should have won, but Hina was best girl in my mind.

I'm happy Nagi si no longer a lazy piece of shit. Hata basically made her a second Hina.
>>
>>156600864
Sakuya and Isumi sort of end up together.
>>
I came here just to laugh at that fucking ESL faggot who can't stop spamming his Maria End "evidence". Hey, ESL pleb, I know you're reading this. Get rekt.
>>
>>156600976
Gundam-sensei never showed up again.

The sister got a decent conclusion chapter where she gave Hina her gambling winnings and actually acted like a sister for once.

Santa was actually Nagi's grandpa all along.
>>
>>156597925
>hinafag is underage
I'm not surprised
>>
>>156600976
>>156601077
On second thought. I think you meant the butler Klaus and not Santa Claus from the first chapter? Yeah, Klaus got a small cameo near the end where he got his brain fried as a gag.

Also, the Tiger finally made an appearance in the last chapter since Nagi completely abandoned him and so Isumi took him in.
>>
>>156600976
Klaus and Mikado show up in the last chapter. Makes you wonder why he didn't include Maria.

>>156600986
Out of Hina, Hamster, A-tan, Ruka, and Maria, I believe Ruka paired up with Hayate the best. I take that back. They all had their moments with him, and they were all equally important. Though, I'm having a hard time recalling the moments he had with Maria. If there were any significant ones at least.
>>
>>156601077
>The sister got a decent conclusion chapter where she gave Hina her gambling winnings and actually acted like a sister for once.
then she disappears until that one panel during the final arc. Seriously though, what is the point is this character? Same thing applies to most of the cast.
>>
>>156601151
yeah the butler forgot his name
>>
>>156601152
See, that's the thing. Out of Hina, A-tan, Ruka, and Maria, all of them had some level of romantic development with Hayate and he could've reasonably ended up with any one of them. But instead Hata chose the one person who was being built up as a non-love interest and had her win. It just makes me angry.

>>156601181
She was a gag character so she didn't really need a point to exist. Same goes for most of the cast, and that's completely fine.
>>
Gundam-sensei's Counterattack when?
>>
>>156601280
>But instead Hata chose the one person who was being built up as a non-love interest and had her win. It just makes me an
Quite funny that Hata thinks he is going to have a new series. I wonder if he realizes he is completely screwed up after the finale.
>>
>>156601181
>then she disappears until that one panel during the final arc.
What else was there to continue with her? Just like Nagi, she changed for the better. Reappearing in the final arc to save Hina was a great scene and reassured that maybe whenever she gets in trouble, Yukiji would be there for support.

Looking at the characters that matured towards the ending, at least she's doing well compared to those 3 student council girls. Though those three are there for the gags.
>>
>>156601336
I was thinking the same. Do we know what the reaction was like in Japan? Have people started burning the books yet?
>>
>>156601411
what I heard if true. I am sure people from Japan (as well as readers from Taiwan and China) already ranted on internet once the spoiler was out few weeks ago.
>>
>>156601280
I know it was bad writing, but how could he have handled the Hayate/Nagi reunion in the end. Barring "being in love with each other", I can't think of another reason since it would feel rushed anyway.

How would we feel if Hayate did not end up with anyone? The reunion between him and Nagi would still happen, but it wouldn't lead to (what I'm guessing what he was going to do) him confessing.
>>
File: 8xmRqKM.png (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8xmRqKM.png
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>156589993
>>
The real problem was it took 13 years to make the obvious pairing official. Hell, it only took 4 years for that shit to happen in Kimi no na wa.

Long running manga always cause shitstorms when they end. I can't think of a single manga recently that defeated Washizu, blasted off Namek, got to the ocean, stepped off the boat, didn't forget to laugh, and wasn't ultimately a disappointment.

At least Nagi grew up, both physically and maturity wise. That can't be said for most mangas.
>>
>>156589993
Can someone give a quick rundown on what happened to the character, I got a feeling reading the actual thing will just left me bitter and resentful.
>>
>>156601711
and her growth is still very underwhelming. Could have been better if have more time to polish it. But no, the series got axed and many unresolved questions left unanswered.
>>
Honestly it did feel disappointing, it feels like nothing really happened aside from Nagi's growth. I read the last chapter and just didn't feel any closure, especially those who just fucked off without a word.
>>
>>156601752

Hata had a loooong time to fix the plot problems. He, like other mangakas whose work devolves into a source of consistent income, mutated the story into something he could milk.

I don't think Hata feels bad at all. Hayate could have been a manga that lasted for 4 years, been great, but a one shot wonder that he can't live off of, and he can't get another hit. Or, it could be some undying waifu war monstrosity that gets him cash.

I think back to the Midori no Hibi guy. The manga wound up, realized it couldn't sustain itself, then wound down gradually. No sign of an axe. The author just finished it and finished it well. And he never had another hit.

Versus Cromartie. Cromartie was great for 7 volumes them got repetitive bad, living off its own reputation and goodwill.

I credit Mizukami in this environment, dude does not give no fucks about income and writes one story from start to finish. But he's an exception, since he came up with 3 manga that were individually popular. Doesn't happen often.
>>
File: You are awesome anon.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
You are awesome anon.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>156601835
Thank for the info, anon. Also, if Hata does want to improve and genuinely care for his series, he really should start a new world from scratch, NOT to reference things from his other works to catch readers attention.
>>
>>156601980
The thing is he can't move past his art style anymore, he's also had all the time in the world to make more original characters but he didn't. He didn't even plan enough for his flagship title, Hata has washed out. It's a good thing they forced it to end anyways, I can't believe he got away with making a studio create another Hayate season that had NOTHING to do with his manga.
>>
>>156601773
I need to see the group all together one last time to feel closure. That's just me being selfish though.
>>
>>156602088
another thing that disappoints me is that he does not even answer the questions on twitter. It seems he made the foreshadowing just for the sake of baiting readers. Welp, at least it ends for good.
>>
>>156601980
>Also, if Hata does want to improve and genuinely care for his series, he really should start a new world from scratch, NOT to reference things from his other works to catch readers attention.

Except that was the core of what Hayate was. It's a simply drawn manga, with a basic premise, that carved out a niche by sponging off the success of other stories by referencing them.

This is why, with the manga ending, all people can complain about is shipping, which was not even the original focus of the story. A shallow gag comedy where the only lasting impression you take from the ending is anger at the winning girl is not a story that was worth your emotional investment.
>>
>>156591581
wasn't that a fake one?
>>
Another garbage long-running series done with. Good fucking riddance.
>>
>there are over 50 people who read all of hayate the combat butler
Please commit mass suicide
>>
>>156603434
She seemed pretty genuine on how she acted. She also had the letter she gave to Nagi.
>>
>>156601711
We had 13 year old Nagi for 13 years.
>>
>>156603506
Joke's on you I skipped all of the part with Ruka
>>
>>156603506
nah, I actually read people's reaction over the past few years. Which was a lot more amusing than the manga itself.
>>
>>156603506
Stay mad, faggot.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.