[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Mangas that were 10/10 at some point and then shit the bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 3-min.png (1MB, 2812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3-min.png
1MB, 2812x1000px
ITT: Mangas that were 10/10 at some point and then shit the bed on its last arcs.
ill start us off with the big three.
>>
Death Note
>>
Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>156568385
Bakuman was always a 5/10
>>
>>156568609
The seralization of Detective Trap was pretty good and the battles against Niizuma's Crow were awesome too....and then fucking Tanto and Nanamine happened.
>>
>>156568385
Sun-Ken Rock. It was downhill from manager/real estate arc and completely threw a explosive shart on the bed in the final.
>>
>>156568385
Not a 10 but a solid 8-9 WN of tate no yusha (Broshield).
>>
>>156569090
This
>>
>>156568385
Just because you don't like the direction it went doesn't mean it shit the bed.
Gantz was shit from the beginning.
Bakuman declined in quality for sure but hardly shit the bed.
TWGOK was pretty good all the way til the end even though i would've preferred a better girl win.
>>
>>156568929
This, I'll give it a 8 tho.
>>
>>156568385
Blame!

the last part was a bad joke even for a rushjob
>>
>>156568385
>Mangas
>>
>>156568385
Pokemon Special
>>
>>156568385
None of those were 10/10s. GANTZ was ok for a while. Bakuman always sucked because the author can't write romance for shit. TWGOK I didn't read but it sucked.
>>
>>156569090
agreed, absolutely hated how it ruined not only itself but also the Wallman spinoff series
>>156568444
Replacement-L was a mistake
>>
>>156570680
>because the author can't write romance for shit

they know that in the manga. but sadly they stl go through with it all day long
>>
>>156568385

Honestly, I like Gantz.

But it was never a 10/10 for me. Kei was an awful MC.

Kato was slightly better, but even he wasn't really good.
>>
>>156570663
This.
>>
Medaka box during the Minus arc.
>>
>>156570663
>>156571073
Nah, it was always bad. We were just young enough not to notice.
>>
>>156571140
aijumu arc is better than minus arc
>>
>>156568385
But Bakuman actually ended well for a long running serialized manga.
>>
>>156570663
this.
Early arcs were great
>>
Gantz was literally written from arc to arc with no forward planning. It's why the vampires crop up out of nowhere and vanish just as suddenly. Or why the dude in the Gantz ball starts walking around for no reason. Or why the whole thing is suddenly revealed to be a conspiracy working out of Germany. Or...
>>
File: MangaTrump.jpg (346KB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MangaTrump.jpg
346KB, 1123x1600px
>>156571466

Honestly this is how Oku's Inuyashiki's feels.

Dude is just going through the fences of healing people and saving lives.

Then out of Easter Island Donald Trump announces that a fucking meteor is going to destroy the world in a few days, and like he's suddenly President of the world he announces he has removed all laws.
>>
>>156570663
>>156571417
What happened to Pokemon Special, I stopped reading at B/W.
>>
Dorohedoro.
>>
File: download (12).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>156572733
>>
>>156572545
Oku really tries too hard to stay relevant now that all his other post-Gantz mangos are flops
>>
>>156570702
>Replacement-L was a mistake
No it wasn't. it was still decent after L died, and by killing him off they helped the entire medium. Nobody expects you to kill of the most popular character halfway through the series. It's a bold move, and helps keep people on their toes. More manga should subvert the readers expectations like this. Even if the quality did somewhat decline, I still felt it had some good scenes.

Gantz was so bad. It's the "Lost" of mangaß. They obviously didn't know what to do with the story and threw questions around to keep the reader going. I could fix most of it right now in just a few lines.
Have the entire situation be like Shin megami Tensei.
>>
Every manga ever made that has story progression.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.