[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate Stay Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 23

File: 4-UBW06-10-003.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4-UBW06-10-003.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
In FSN Caster says that "magic is something I command at will". She can even generate mana out of almost empty space.

How the fuck does she need a master anyway? Arent masters required for providing mana? Why does she need a master then?
>>
>>156446153
Because regardless of how much mana she can generate, it's the Master that keeps her physically bound to the world. She's just a projection of the Grail, after all, and even her massive amounts of mana is dictated by that.
>>
If everything returns to the root. What is the point of life at all.

Shouldn't it be the goal of all life to kill itself to return all to the nothing that waits for it.

Why live when everything withers away and eternity never comes. Goetia was right all along and Solomon was humanities greatest enemy.
>>
>>156446290
>If everything returns to the root. What is the point of life at all.
You know how Rin has her magic passed down to her and it's engraved in her? And how she adds to the knowledge of all the Tohsakas before her? Think of the Root as a universal one of those. Every single person that exists feeds into that knowledge.

Which is why all the mages have huge raging boners to get to it.
>>
File: 1463446147666.png (44KB, 230x295px) Image search: [Google]
1463446147666.png
44KB, 230x295px
>>156446153
>Arent masters required for providing mana?
Apparently. And yet the power Saber is capable of generating should be incomparable to what Shirou (or Rin) could possibly supply her, but her performance is still affected by their circuits.
>>
>>156446396
Thinking about this. Why are modern magi retarded and uncreative?

If one dies, they will return to the root to have their shit archived.

Why not just do a fishing reel method. A friend of yours is the fisherman, your body is the pole, your soul is the bait on the hook, the Root is is the fish.

Get yourself killed and when your soul approaches the Root, have your friend pull it back into the world and your body. Not only did you technically get registered in the root, but you were able to get close to it.
>>
>>156446593
Approaching the Root and REACHING the Root are two different things. There have been people who have gotten close, but backed off.

The very instant you reach the Root, you're just fucking gone. Blinked out of existence wholesale and your spirit is absorbed into it. Trying to pull someone's soul out of that would be like trying to pull the Root itself.
>>
>>156446290
Eternal life means absence of novelty in human existence. No motive to change can ever exist because, in due time, all things will become accepted.

If you are a mortal human locked in an inescapable box filled with unending fire, so long as you live [in there], you will wish for change. If you are an immortal human locked in an inescapable box filled with unending fire, there is no reason to wish for change: you cannot die so, eventually, "on fire" will become the accepted default state. You will never die, so there will always be an infinite amount of time for you to not be on fire in the future; it simply happens to be your 'current state'. In eternity, all states can (and or will) be achieved, so there is no point in possessing motive in any direction. The "will" is burned away, and all immortal humans become no different from Solomon in life.
>>
File: 1487210587942.jpg (63KB, 371x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487210587942.jpg
63KB, 371x1024px
>>156446153
You have to remember she isn't actually flesh and blood with her own mana supply, she's an apparition, a copy of the Heroic Spirit from the Throne of Heroes. That's why they need a mana supply from a flesh and blood master.

Saber is an odd case for plot relevant reasons.
>>
>>156446721
If one can exist from the Root's reach.
Then one must be able to exist within the Root. Even after assimilation.
Everything you gathered is what makes you, (You) in the Root.

You don't have to pull out all the Root to come back. You just need to pull out the knowledge that made (You), (You).

>>156446797
Anon. Just because you can't die, doesn't mean you can't still feel pain when you're set on fire.

It doesn't mean you still can't take enjoyment from doing things. Your drive to do things just because you're no longer mortal doesn't mean you still can't do shit.
>>
>>156447107
>You just need to pull out the knowledge that made (You), (You).
Yes, but that's not possible. The most you could do is what the Grail does, which is make a copy of (You) from the Root.
>>
>>156447107
>>156446797
To add on. If you have infinite time to "everything" that means you have infinite time to take things slow rather than rush it.

The same fucking thing you are told when you are mortal: Take things one at time, there isn't a rush.

Hell you get eternal life in heaven. I mean, might as well throw out heaven then.
>>
>>156447138
The Grail makes copies from the Throne of Heroes, not the Root.
>>
>>156447268
Right, I was just using that as an example, considering that the Root is the record of everything that ever was.
>>
>>156446153
but she doesent, she needs kuzuki to act as anchor. she provides her own mana
>>
>>156447138
Grail copies from the Throne of Heroes.

Also there is always way to cheat the system, Anon.

Lets say the fact that the theory of Reaching the Root and retrieving yourself is possible. And all you do is pull out a clone of (You), the methods works.

1) Congratulation you reached the Root and all that other shit.

2) Why not make a container to hold half of (You) in the world then try the retrieval method with the other. If it works all you need to do is when you get back is retrieve the half of (You) left behind in the world. With half of the original (You) merged with clone (You) who made it to the Root you are now the original (You) again.
>>
>>156447387
So in other words, you're saying that you want to make a Root Lich.

Which is actually pretty fucking badass now that I think about it.
>>
>thread about my waifu
Y-yay
>>
>>156447459
inb4 issei shows up
>>
>>156447107
>Anon. Just because you can't die, doesn't mean you can't still feel pain when you're set on fire.
You feel it, but you become indifferent to it. It's no longer cognizable as a negative sensation. You are not being damaged by it; it is simply provoking your body's system of reaction. It is a system of reaction based on a mortal form. Once it recognizes that pain does not/cannot endanger you, the system will change to meet that fact.

You're viewing eternity in the scale of divisible and distinct fragments - it's not. In an eternal life, sensation will *never* stop. Therefore, interpretation of sensations will change. It becomes nothing in the face of confronting everything.

>Your drive to do things just because you're no longer mortal doesn't mean you still can't do shit.
You retain the potential to act, but you will not act independent from will. You become a King Solomon who does not hear Yahweh's words.
>>
File: 1477627465243.png (304KB, 483x584px) Image search: [Google]
1477627465243.png
304KB, 483x584px
>>156447519
>>
>>156447423
Pretty much. You are basically cheating the Root and being creative with magic.

The System basically is:

100% (You) is what you start with. (You) then proceed to split it.

50% (You) will be stored in something in the World in a container.
The Other 50% (You) will try the Fisherman Method of Reaching the Root

Other 50% (You) that reached the Root will be absorbed into it and cease to be. Using the Fisherman method, your partner will yank out of the Root a duplicate of (You).

The duplicate of the Other 50% (You) who had made it to the Root then simply reunites with the remaining 50% (You) making you whole again.

Go spam First Magic and do whatever.
>>
File: casual caster.png (72KB, 201x635px) Image search: [Google]
casual caster.png
72KB, 201x635px
>>156447567
what?
>>
>>156447608
The problem with this is that you need someone else to help you, and considering how mages are, that's pretty much how the Grail War started.
>>
>>156447526
Existing for an eternity is better than ceasing to exist.
>>
File: 1416258785534.png (548KB, 851x478px) Image search: [Google]
1416258785534.png
548KB, 851x478px
>>156447648
Nothing, buoya
>>
>>156447732
I don't intend to debate on that point; it's a totally meaningless proposition.
>>
File: smug.jpg (82KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
82KB, 1440x810px
>>156447741
why is witch so smug?
>>
>>156447851
Wouldn't you be smug after raping Saber?
>>
>>156447922
>rape
slander, the witch is pure
>>
File: SubstituteTeacherCaster.jpg (662KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SubstituteTeacherCaster.jpg
662KB, 1061x1500px
Caster is certainly high tier.
>>
>>156448011
certainly
>>
>>156447941
You do realize she bore several children and chopped them up into pieces, right?
>>
File: 1452103628854.png (52KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1452103628854.png
52KB, 627x620px
>>156448213
>>
>>156448213
not in the nasuverse

she never got that far with Jason, she just killed everyone at his wedding
>>
>>156448233
in the RL myth, Medea was the archetypal yandere due to Aphrodite mindfucking her to like jason. so when he abandoned her for another woman she snapped
>>
She's an ancient ghost, she needs an anchor with reality/present day.

FGO Da Vinci, for example, made a puppet with her old appearance (as an old man) and uses it as anchor as her 'Master' to stay in Chaldea. It doesn't even have to be a living person.
>>
>>156446290
>Goetia to Mashu disguised as Roman: "Why did the living things of this planet choose a purposeless task? To grow and develop so that they can die! So useless. So very useless. Even if they stand the test of time, isn't this childish? I think that there is something wrong with the lives on this planet, don't you think so, Mashu? After all, you can count as a life that humanity created. (...) Human history is absolutely worthless. What we have before us is nothing more than a bunch of remnants, skeletons of mankind that are living purposelessly!"

Later:
>Mashu: "This might be too philosophical, but for humanity. No, for all of life. What is the purpose of their existence?"
>Roman: "Ah, I suppose from the perspective of the gods, maybe everything we do is pointless. But I don't think the purpose of humanity's existence could be concluded that easily. After all, it requires the end of a journey in order to seriously answer that question individuality. You see, Mashu, the reason of living, the purpose of our existence cannot be reduced to easy answers. A grandPurpose does not exist simply in a vacuum. Meaning is attributed after the event has occurred. As humans, we don't know why we're born. We don't know why we mature. We don't know why we meet the end of our lives. Yet at the moment in which life ends? I think the meaning to that life is created, since how that life developed is what gives its true meaning. This, is my modest opinion about what life is. We don't exist for some sort of meaning or ultimate purpose. We don't live because our lives are meaningful. We live to make our lives meaningful and discover the reason for our existences."
>>
>>156447268
The Throne and the Root are basically records. Actually, FGO reveals humanity is fated to transcend both at the maximum stage.
>>
>>156447699
So split yourself thrice then and fish yourself out.
>>
>>156447107
>Anon. Just because you can't die, doesn't mean you can't still feel pain when you're set on fire

You know those reactions such as pain are wired that way because our brains interpret it as a danger for our existences? Goetia wanted a world without pain or suffering, so he wanted to eliminate the concept of death in the planet and warp the laws of the universe based on this new human order. He couldn't see life as meaningful because it ended. It wasn't just "let's live long and happily" problem, he wanted to erase the possibility of death in everything. Because he was a system which existed in a hive that had no sense of purpose or individuality outside his own continuous existence. But he did this out of love for humanity, but he tried to force a choice on everyone, like predestined fate.

Solomon never denied life is painful, death can be unfair, and sometimes fate deals with you shitty cards. He's an example of this. But he believes that, in spite of that, men's existences are worth for their own choices. He's a pessimistic guy but he's also a romantic who believes that life is a story of love and hope, even with the sad farewells. He died so men would decide what to do next themselves. It was also a debate between predestination vs freedom of choice. Humans didn't need something to take a choice for them as Goetia wanted.
>>
>>156449281
I agree with you, but slight correction:
>he was a system which existed in a hive that had no sense of purpose or individuality outside his own continuous existence
Wasn't Goetia built/made to protect humanity after Solomon's death? His answer to the 'how' of protection of humanity was immortality.
>>
>>156449414
Yeah, Solomon and Goetia were both systems to protect the human order and create it (in Solomon's case). Goetia was the original Thaumaturgical Foundation of Modern Magecraft. That's why FGO catchphrase is that 2015 was the last year that magecraft existed (boom!). His existence in itself was what allowed men to progress because magecraft was what allowed men to grasp the "truth" of the world. But the difference between Goetia and Solomon was that the former had freedom to think and do what he wanted, and he became unable to cope with death and the tragedy he saw so he strayed. But my point is that he was created with a purpose, if that makes sense, so existing in itself gave him a purpose (or them, as it was a hive), so he couldn't understand human lives when his continuous existence is what fueled his purpose. He despaired and saw it as pointless.

This is our regular universe. This could be different in Prototype/Fragments world because magecraft there is supposed to be stronger. The weakening of magecraft and later disappearance answers directly to Goetia fucking shit up and then vanishing.
>>
Improved Caster
>>
>>156449958
The fuck is this abomination?
>>
File: 60550585_p0.png (3MB, 1292x1779px) Image search: [Google]
60550585_p0.png
3MB, 1292x1779px
>>156449667
I can't say much beyond "I agree", so I'm just going to post this instead.
>>
>>156449958
Cake Caster is better
>>
How is the nasuverse so cool bros
>>
>>156446153
How do the other casters stack up to Medea?

-Nursery Rhyme
-Helena
-Sanzang
-Nitocris
-Swimsuit Marie
>>
>>156450527
None of them are as pretty as her
>>
File: 1488876893563.png (329KB, 481x662px) Image search: [Google]
1488876893563.png
329KB, 481x662px
>Most powerful magus
>get powercreeped to hell
Fuck FGO and every other Fate that isnt SN

Fuck
>>
>>156450527
Powerlevel: probably stronger, medea isnt a very powerful servant on her own

Everything else: not even close
>>
File: IMG_0357.jpg (40KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0357.jpg
40KB, 189x266px
>>156450527
Why are you forgetting the only good thing that came out of F:GO?
>>
File: 1473953952286.jpg (268KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1473953952286.jpg
268KB, 2000x2500px
>>156450583
>Old hag
>Pretty
>>
File: Francesca.jpg (178KB, 540x787px) Image search: [Google]
Francesca.jpg
178KB, 540x787px
>>156451401
Go away, Francesca.
>>
>>156449281
>>156449667
I thought F/GO was just a shitty waifubait with a MILF Arturia, was I rused?
>>
>>156451620
Nah, it's got a story in the one timeline where some douchebag in the Clock Tower doesn't get killed and becomes megasatan or some shit. It's a'ight.
>>
>>156451620
Yes and no.
It's incredibly waifubait, but that was to be expected.
There is a story, which is actually essential to the Fate franchise it seems.

It's pretty bad tho, it tries to be epic and grand in scale with everything but in the end just ends up feeling detached from everything and not really compelling. The powerlevels are too high and the stakes far too abstract in their scale.
>>
So, if my Math's not off we're getting 4 Fate things animated within next 365 days. Whar are your expectations towards them?

At this point I have belief that Ufotable will at least do a decent job, so I feel pretty safe abouth the HF movies, with the only thing I could see wrong is them cutting out the wrong parts or screwing up the pacing.

I have not read Apo. The PV is worfully generic and unintrtesting. I don't have nearly as much reason to trust the production. Proceeding with caution.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Movie should by all rights be at least decent, the show itself is pretty nice whenever it does not decide to give us five consecutive fanservice-ridden filler episodes that might just as well have been cut out or down at least.

Fate/Extra: Last Encore is animated by Shaft, written by a musjroom and directed by the same guy as Madoka and Bake. Whether it turns out good or not, at least it will be something to talk about.

What do you think will be next? Ufotable doing Hollow Ataraxia? Maybe actually going back to the Fate route to appease Saberfag prime? Tsukihime remake officialy getting cancelled, or an actual adaptation proclaimed?

Or just more shitty attemts to make F:GO to work as Anime?
>>
>>156446153
To anchor her to the world.
>>
File: C-YjgRGW0AA4Z7r.jpg (154KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-YjgRGW0AA4Z7r.jpg
154KB, 848x1200px
>>156451620
Just like FSN was sold as an eroge haremshit VN but told a story underneath that promotion, FGO is a waifu/husbando collector it also has a plot and it's the core of the current Type Moon multiverse. Part 1 tells the story of how the Ages of Gods ended with King Solomon as the central figure; it's his story. Nasu has brought up the Beasts, which originally were discarded from FSN plot, that he wanted to introduce since Prototype draft. Beasts are supposed to be the ultimate Bosses in Fate works: evils humans must defeat in order to progress. They have different natures: Goetia (beast I) was the foundation of magecraft, Tiamat (beast II) was a Mesopotamian goddess, primate murder is beast iv. FGO is a story about the inicineration of humanity and history and how a group is known as Chaldea, the only survivors, have to go back in time, tracking singularities to get back their present, past and future stolen from them. There's a lot of Nasubabble and philosophy about the nature of life, death, immortality, history, humanity, etc.

Fragments (Proto Zero) told us about Arthur's battle against the Beast of Revelation 666 (Beast VI). And is being connected to FGO now (Arthur appeared as a drifter tracking remnants of his nemesis).
>>
>>156450618
>Most powerful magus
Said no one ever.
>>
>>156452951
>Or just more shitty attemts to make F:GO to work as Anime?
Nobody should animate FGO until Nasu is fully done with it.
>>
File: 1486929526231.jpg (105KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1486929526231.jpg
105KB, 700x1050px
>>156455463
I'm not him, but I consider Grand Order 'part 1' to be the end of the/a story. There's no way to 'go back on' or change anything that happened within it, and it possesses a definitive series of character arcs and conclusions; it is a self-contained work, even if it does not sell itself as such.

The argument that would conventionally succeed these sentiments is that there's all the stuff with the Clock Tower freaking out about you, the world losing a year, etc; therefore, the story of part 1 didn't effectively 'end' - but all of that bears as much relevance to the story of part 1 as Shirou's college years and the cleanup/coverup of Fuyuki bear to FSN.

Besides, they've already animated Singularity F, and I'm fairly certain they intend to make the rest. They're simply time consuming and expensive as all-hell to create.
>>
>>156455133
>Arthur, on his own, managed to defeat a Beast
And they said that Saber couldn't be wanked any further.
>>
>>156446153
A Servant is a super familiar, but its still a familiar which needs a source to feed it mana and keep it active. Being a Caster she's pretty self sufficient which is why she was able to stay summoned despite having a normal human with no circuit as a master.

Most Servants are self sufficient anyway, but if they run out of mana they disappear, and not many have the ability to harvest large amount of mana like Medea.
>>
>>156456468
To elaborate further, all Servants can consume human soul/spirit to increase their mana pool as well as max capacity, but servants qualifying for the Caster class usually has methods of harvesting large amount at the time, instead of ganking someone in a dark alley once in a while like Rider while she's under Shinji's control.

Rider herself also has Bloodfort Andromeda to speed it up, but it require quite a bit of setup and is easily detectable
>>
>>156452951
Apocrypha's ending is bad and overall its kind of mediocre, but the first volumes setting things up weren't bad.

Kaleid Movie before 3rei I'd have high expectation for, but 3rei being more fight heavy than the previous seasons gave way for serious QUALITY issues, showing Silver Link's limit. Hopefully the movie format will give them time to perfect everything, but I'm still skeptical.

Heaven's Feel, I'm reserving my judgement until the first movie comes out. If the pacing is good, there's hope for the other 2.

EXTRA: Meh. Its only EXTRA as far as I know, and EXTRA is pretty mediocre without CCC
>>
>>156446593
That's how you can get Tohno Shiki's MEODP. He "died" when SHIKI killed him, then immediately came back to life with Akiha's life force. Thus he touched/was briefly immersed with the root, then fished out
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.