[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/nons, why the hell Madoka Magica is such a good title? Long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: yIykPBE.jpg (496KB, 3478x2458px) Image search: [Google]
yIykPBE.jpg
496KB, 3478x2458px
/a/nons, why the hell Madoka Magica is such a good title?
Long story short, I have a veird tradition - Every year, somewhere at the end of every Spring season, I'm coming up with a top ten anime titles I've ever seen and just straight ahead rewatch them for like 3 days straight.
And the thing is, since I've watched Madoka, It was always taking at least top 3 of this list.
Yesterday I've been casually rewatching final episodes of this beautiful and great title about magical girls and a strange question popped up in my head - why the hell am I enjoying it so much? I mean, It's just a decent title, isn't it?
The artwork isn't anywhere on a top-tier level, the story sometimes is kinda meh, and I don't even give a fuck about some of the main characters (Mami in particular). But still, It is very enjoyable and brings me a fuck ton of different emotions. And I just don't have any idea why it is so.
What do you guys thing about this title?
>>
>>156418879
It's alright senpai, you're a pleb. Don't take that as an insult. Just like you may have heard in various media the concept of "light cannot exist without darkness" or "good cannot exist without evil" etc... do not not be disheartened, without pedestrian taste, patrician taste cannot exist. Although you may toil away with your common opinion, know that it is not for naught, for your own shortcomings in opinion as an individual may not seem like much, but combined with that of many others like you, you define the norm, which distinguished individuals with true refined taste may sail above.
>>
I enjoyed the show but it didn't really "click" for me until episode 10, which is when it finally hit me on an emotional level. I've been able to appreciate the rest of it much more on rewatches and it's now one of my favorites. I think the emotional connection is what separates it from other shows. I've watched plenty of shows that I've enjoyed and cared about the story and characters, but the ones that didn't ultimately make that connection I stopped caring about not long afterwards.
>>
>>156418879
>What do you guys thing about this title?
my sister thought it was gay
>>
>>156419121
Wasn't it?
>>
>>156419353
a little bit, but now she thinks I'm gay.
>>
>>156419376
Aren't you?
>>
>>156419430
I'm not
>>
File: 1492896676772.jpg (199KB, 776x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1492896676772.jpg
199KB, 776x1280px
>>156419103
This. The emotional bond I've formed with the main cast is nothing like anything else I've ever watched. Makes me feel like I actually have friends to relate to
>>
File: akward tomoko.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akward tomoko.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>156419515
>Makes me feel like I actually have friends to relate to
>>
>>156419515
>>156419103
I never actually thought about the emotional bond with characters, but looking at it now, there really is something like that. Like, every time Madoka doesn't know what the fuck happens, for some reason, I feel the same thing (kinda), which is actually really strange, cause, hell, I do know what the fuck is going on.
But why this kind of bond even exists? I mean, characters don't even look and act like real people so much in this title
>>
I always found the relationship between madoka and homura to be a harmful
they both have a sort of pathological selflessness which always ends up hurting each other in the end.
>>
>>156419580
>tomoko has friends now
>>
Did you cry, /a/?
>>
>>156420362
cry?no
was pretty shocked and was a super intense scene
now this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAmKsmLav8
made me cry
>>
>>156418879
Madoka is so sweet and pure I want to corrupt her.
>>
It took a divergent set of creative traditions and fit them into a cohesive whole. Every element in Madoka has been done before, but that's kind of the point when you involve industry giants like Shinbo, Gen, Ume, Kajiura. You pick them for a project because you know what you're getting.

Madoka resists reductive analysis into any one area, because what made the show work is how well they all mend together into something new. It's like tasting a new dish with all the traditional ingredients. The blend of flavors, not individual salt and peppers, made it novel.
>>
>>156418879
It's a dream team once-in-a-decade original anime. It's a masterpiece. Amazing music, amazing character design, amazing direction, and yes, an amazing story. The story structure is so solid that I can't quite believe Urobuchi wrote it because he's usually sloppy as fuck.

Every single thing in that show feels like it was a deliberate choice and meant something. There are tiny little shots like Mami's unwashed dishes or the framing of Madoka and Kyouko's heart-to-heart that all add details to the characters and stories. Eveything is memorable. There isn't a single wasted episode. Everything drives the plot forward or the characters forward.
>>
>>156423543
yeah, i wouldn't say it's "deep" (it's not shallow either), but it's extremely dense and well-constructed. for a show heavily reliant on twists it's very re-watchable
>>
File: 1472059804529.jpg (85KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
1472059804529.jpg
85KB, 640x474px
>>156423543
>I can't quite believe Urobuchi wrote it because he's usually sloppy as fuck.
Got examples of that?
All of his stories are actually pretty good in this area.
>>
Two of my favorite songs are similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCnfcmLRebM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK82JvRY5s

Even though they're both obviously-amateurish in terms of technical skill and sound, the ideas they express are actually heightened by what traditionally would be called "poor" playing. Basically, it adds to its personality. In my opinion it takes a special kind of genius to pull this off - the Lou Reeds, or Fullkawa Honpos, or in the case of anime, the Akiyuki Shinbos of the world.
>>
File: ce25a0340d4cfe4bb00ca284c8786078.jpg (443KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ce25a0340d4cfe4bb00ca284c8786078.jpg
443KB, 1300x1000px
>>
>>156424224
I think Homura would like Venus in Furs.
>>
>>156418879
It's the first show memed by /a/ to death that I didn't find utter trash. In fact, I found it fucking excellent, and I only watched it late last year.

I guess even /a/ is right every now and then.
>>
>>156418879
It's only good for yuri shipping.
>>
>>156427763
Megucas are only friends and not lesbians.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.