[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: true best girl.jpg (247KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
true best girl.jpg
247KB, 1000x563px
What are angels and where do they come from???
I feel like they're not being discussed as much as they should be.
>inb4 lol they're just plot devices
>>
Angels are what humans could have become or some shit kid
>>
File: bestgirlchristmas.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirlchristmas.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
came here for best girl ramiel
>>
>>156371269
The little world building that did make its way into EVA was more interesting than anything else, the fact that computers basically run humanity could have been its own show
>>
1. You're a retard who didnt pay attention
2. They roamed the earth first
3. Lilith came and adam and his kids got spear'd
4. 2nd Impact happens
>>
File: 1465669820203.jpg (61KB, 780x546px) Image search: [Google]
1465669820203.jpg
61KB, 780x546px
>>156371411
>You're a retard who didn't pay attention
>They roamed the earth first.
>roamed the earth first.
>>
File: 1492852609808.png (140KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1492852609808.png
140KB, 500x289px
>>156371269
>lol they're just plot devices
But that's literally what Anno intended them to be. It's one of the reasons I despise Anno (and Fukuda, among other directors) shows; they'd rather focus on teenage drama and haremshit than worldbuild even though they put their works out under the guise of being hard sci-fi and DEEP
fuck them
>>
>>156371269
>>inb4 lol they're just plot devices
But that's exactly what they are, the bit of lore behind them is simply retarded and with no connection to the overall plot
>>
desu i don't know where the names of the angels came from... are they even mentioned in the anime? or is it in the manga or something?
>>
>>156371575
The first half of them are shown in the recap episode. I think the other ones are from an outside source.
>>
>>156371269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g
>>
File: A bit bright....jpg (47KB, 777x600px) Image search: [Google]
A bit bright....jpg
47KB, 777x600px
>>156371269
They're fragments of Adam that split off from the main body.
Humans are fragments of Lillith that split off from the main body.
This is explained in the show.
>>
>>156371921
Barely, it goes more in depth in the manga
>>
>>156371480
Wat
That show was clearly intended to be a thematically-focused character drama from the start
Its the fans that got a hardon for the sci-fi and DEEP undertones because of the presentation. Not that i can blame them anyway because Anno literally just threw a whole bunch of cool sci-fi shit he watched/read about in the past years into a blender and thats how he came up with the setting.
>>
File: No point...png (659KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
No point...png
659KB, 1600x1200px
>>156371988
True, but it answered his questions.
>>
>>156371269
They serve no purpose other than presenting an inhuman adversary for Shinji and a reason to get into the robot.
>>
>>156371269
In the show they're embryos of alternate humans buried in the Earth for millions of years until they're activated by 2I.
Manga is similar but doesn't have any egg in a volcano or anything about their growth or development or where they're hanging out.
Rebuild is familiar but says even less and they maybe found that Bethany Base Angel in permafrost before 2I.
In the Proposal they're Atlantean BOWs left behind to activate and stop new civilizations from making Evangelions.
>>
Instrumentality is a fuckfest.
>>
>>156371269
as humans were born by lilith, angels were born by adam
>>
File: evange.gif (64KB, 543x690px) Image search: [Google]
evange.gif
64KB, 543x690px
Here's your explanation.
>>
>>156371269
>Ancient alien race creates two races: humans and angels
>They sent the Adam seed for angels to live on earth
>for some reason the human seed also was sent on earth by mistake
>the angel seed malfunctioned and stood dormant for 65 million years
>they find that seed in the year of our lord 2000 and second impact happens

Thhe end
>>
>>156374870
>for some reason the human seed also was sent on earth by mistake
There's a part in the PSP game where Rei has a voice in her head telling her to get the Fruit of Life. So there's at least a corner of EU with an answer for that and it's that Lilith did it on purpose, pursued Adam and destroyed her spear herself to force Longinus to activate instead, so she could have all the shit a billion years later. Scheming like real Ikari family.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.