[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otorimonogatari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 51SXz0px-oL._SX342_.jpg (44KB, 342x407px) Image search: [Google]
51SXz0px-oL._SX342_.jpg
44KB, 342x407px
Was this arc supposed to make me feel bad for snake? Sympathize for her? Because I just dislike her even more now. What the fuck kind of arc was this? All the others before this had the focused character solving their problems or coming to terms with themselves and their flaws. This just ends with
>I turned myself into a god and now I'm gonna kill you all
I wanted to like it, but it feels so bad compared to everything else. In fact everything after neko has been a bit of a letdown in my opinion. I hope it starts to get better again.
>>
it is supposed to illustrate youth's folly and why making a 14 year old girl a god would be a pretty dumb idea
>>
>>156314357
Koimonogatari expands upon that story. Watch it, then get back to us.
>>
>>156314436
Yeah I get what they were trying to say. It just feels like it shouldn't have ended like that to me. I guess I'll wait for koi like
>>156314445 said for some more resolution. I hope it ends happily, I hate snake but also really like her because of how much she reminds me of my middle school self.
>>
>>156314357
>All the others before this had the focused character solving their problems or coming to terms with themselves and their flaws.
Snake does that in Otori and it's done better than for anybody else in the series by far.
>>
>>156314357

Oh, I went from finding Snake the most bland character of the franchise to being impressed with this arc. What I especially enjoy about it is that literally only reason why people, both character and her fanbase alike, are drawn to her, is because she's cute. And they make light of that in the arc.

Anyhow, I think you'll like Koimonogatari when they continue this arc from a grim and cynical perspective.
>>
>>156314755
Please explain. I didn't see that. She acted childish and irrationally the whole time and with the whole
>If I can't have Araragi, then nobody can
And vowing to kill all the other characters. There was no rationalization or coming to terms with herself. Just bad decisions led only by emotion.
>>
>>156314899
Wait fuck I'm retarded.
I meant Koi, sorry anon.
It's in Koimonogatari where she properly adresses being a fuck-up.
>>
File: 1490757676897.jpg (587KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490757676897.jpg
587KB, 1024x1024px
>>156314357

Koi is the best.
>>
>>156314990
I'm eagerly awaiting for when I get there then.
>tfw I probably won't have time to watch more of this until the weekend
It's going to gnaw at me all week.
>>
>>156314990
>properly adresses being a fuck-up
She doesn't address it. She just backs down and hopes people don't hold a grudge. There's not so much as an apology or acknowledgement to herself that she wanted to kill people for a stupid, petty reason.
>>
Snake was intentionally written as a character the reader wouldn't really like, or would find unrelateable.
The arc was more about how Araragi was wrong to treat her with kid gloves than anything. She latched onto him because he didn't have it in him to just tell her to fuck off.
>>
I'd say you are supposed to feel something for snake by then yeah. She doesn't know how to get by without putting herself in the victim role and is painfully self aware of her flaws. It ends with her completely unreasonable but up to then you see some interesting sides of her.

Koi shows a more sympathetic outsider view of her but you never get her point of view again and Kaiki steals a lot of the spotlight. Personally I felt more for her in Otori.
>>
File: muhdick.jpg (49KB, 1024x290px) Image search: [Google]
muhdick.jpg
49KB, 1024x290px
>mfw you will never play twister with snake

god i hate this world
>>
>>156315785
ma, it passed long time since i watched the show, but cant remember those scenes.
>>
>>156315785
They really kicked the fanservice up a notch after bake. Not complaining but sometimes I think they spend a little too much time on it.
>>
Goddess Snake actually made me like her a lot more. Snake was originally a super generic moe blob but Goddess Snake turned her into a total selfish asshole. I loved it, we need more female characters who are unabashedly bad people and not just there to be fuckholes for the MC.
>>
Wait for Koi. Basically her childish tantrum gets stopped for an equally childish reason, which makes sense, because all her actions were spur of the moment and she never connected to consequences of her actions because she was a dumb brat, so she gets beaten by a dumb brat reason to stop.

As the saying goes, you fight poison with poison.
And you fight stupid edgy Chuuni teenagers by making them realize that their parents and everyone will realize what a huge fucking loser they were if they don't knock this stuff off. Cause a stupid Chuuni can think it's fine to kill her crush and all his friends and be remembered for that, but not also if it means she's also remembered for drawing garbage Rom/Com Doujins so instead of being some edgy god of love and vengeance she's the god of shitty manga and probably only killed people because that was probably some shitty manga idea she had for a conclusion
>>
>>156315785
Never stick it in crazy.
>>
Why is Gahara such a slut?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.