[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show so popular /a/? Is it really that good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: whytho.jpg (334KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whytho.jpg
334KB, 1600x1000px
Why is this show so popular /a/? Is it really that good? Should I watch it?
>>
No.
>>
Ye Asuna is my waifu
>>
Sure
>>
>>156291068
Asuna is cute, CUTE!
>>
File: 1393811862699.jpg (33KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1393811862699.jpg
33KB, 500x359px
>>
File: swordArtOnline.jpg (112KB, 550x799px) Image search: [Google]
swordArtOnline.jpg
112KB, 550x799px
>>156291068
it's not that bad but not great either ! most people will enjoy it for the animation/ost/cute and sexy girls . you should watch it any way it has a great doujins
>>
>>156291251
This. Allowing unironic generals of trash like kememe friends removes the right to criticize other shows.
>>
Watch it, it's fucking hilarious.
>>
I only saw the first half of the first season but I do appreciate that the romance was allowed to grow and develop. I don't really like the genre though.
>>
I dropped it at the end of episode 2 twice.
I've heard it gets even worse after that.
>>
Nice 3 episodes series.
>>
>>156291068
It's fine. Just don't expect a masterpiece. People hate on this because of that.
>>
it's a modern masterpiece /a/ is just being tsundere again when they call it shit
>>
Will you fucking chill with the SAO topics? This topic is as dead as I am on the inside.
>>
I suggest literally any other isekai instead.
>>
>>156291068
depends.
If you are an emotional bitch like I am, yes.

If not, dabble into the first 2-3 epiosdes and if it doesnt tickle your fancy bail out

(that christmas episode hit me hard)
>>
File: ETBS.jpg (46KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
ETBS.jpg
46KB, 500x506px
Heres a short rundown through the series:
The first season (the actual SAO run) is pretty good but has a breakneck pace to stupidly fit the whole arc in 1 season. Still, the characters are interesting and the plot is pretty good with some great moments. If it was self contained it might have been better than what it was. What immediately follows up (ALO) is absolute trash and exists just to put Kirito through a knockoff Eclipse.

Actual season 2 (Gun Gale) is actually pretty good, has an interesting plot and they mostly pack away the fantasy stuff, which could use a break. Even though Kirito fights with a lightsaber since he's an autist who can't fight any other way. And lastly Mothers Rosario is interesting but a bit stupid and overly dramatic. Oh, and the movie starts with a really cool idea with AR gaming that it then proceeds to shit all over.
It's alright. Not the best thing ever but I've seen worse.
>>
>>156291068
>Why is this show so popular /a/?
autists that self-insert as the "badass" invincible hero who can do no wrong or his stronk intepentent womyn girlfriend
>Is it really that good? Should I watch it?
no
>>
>>156291831
Basically this.

It's fine, has it's good moments.
>>
>>156293920
>its

Dumbass me.
>>
File: 1340973766635.jpg (13KB, 148x149px) Image search: [Google]
1340973766635.jpg
13KB, 148x149px
>>156293651

The first season (the actual SAO run) is pretty good
>characters are interesting
>plot is pretty good
>(Gun Gale) is actually pretty good

Holy shit.
>>
>>156294054
That better be pasta, I mean
>first season was pretty good
>>
File: Yuuki2.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki2.gif
2MB, 500x283px
Aids girl is my spirit animal. Whenever I feel down I will channel the power of AIDS girl and persevere.
>>
>>156291068
>Should I watch it?
If you want really generic, boring shit then yes. It's not as bad as the memes say, but also not really better than a generic battle school harem, which is saying a lot
>>
>>156293969

As soon as you start caring about that one grammar guy it's all over.
>>
>>156291068
I enjoyed it and I recommend it if at least you want to know what all the hype was about. The first arc of S1 and last arc of S2 are the best parts.

However, what I hated most about the series is the villains in the ALO and GGO arcs. Insane rape-faced screaming villains with retarded motives are the laziest, most uninteresting, and cringey types.
>>
>>156294373
Not online, but I'm usually that one grammar guy.
>>
File: nice_dubs_btw.png (658KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nice_dubs_btw.png
658KB, 1440x1080px
>>156291144
Checked and caught that reference
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.