[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did they mean by this ? who was the bird ? why did rakka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: haibane renmei 13.png (559KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
haibane renmei 13.png
559KB, 1365x767px
what did they mean by this ? who was the bird ? why did rakka feel being unwanted ? the rest of the haibanes loved her , what was rakka's and reka's sin ?
>>
>>156286971
>what did they mean by this ?
New Haibanes

My interpretation was that Gile is some sort of purgatory. The bird was someone from Rakkas previous life who cared about her and loved her, even if Rakka felt that she was alone and nobody would miss her. Rakkas sin was that she committed suicide, presumably by falling to her death. Reki was selfish and never sought help from others. That led to isolation and she committed suicide being ran over by a train.
>>
if the bird is someone from rakka's previous life , is he dead ? ( was rakka the one who caused his death ? if not how can he make a contact with someone in the purgatory?
>>
>>156286971
its too deep for me
>>
File: Haibane-Renmei-Quotes.jpg (77KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Haibane-Renmei-Quotes.jpg
77KB, 600x480px
>>
>>156289794
>was rakka the one who caused his death
Rakka's sin was that when she tried to kill herself she end up killing someone fond of her that tried to stop her from committing suicide (that person probably got pulled with her when she jumped from somewhere high), and that person is the bird that she later apologies to in the well and has her sin forgiven.
>>
>>156293600
why would she feel lonely and unwanted if someone loved her ?
>>
>>156293800
That's was her misjudgment regarding everyone, she thought she was alone and everyone hated her, that's why she killed herself.

These crows might have been people from the living world who passed away, but there's nothing that hints that, I'm just speculating this bit.
>>
>>156293800
You can still feel lonely and unwanted despite that. Rakka might have been depressed.
>>
reki best girl
>>
>>156294332
The theme of depression is fairly overt throughout the series, actually. As I recall, there's a scene where Reki walks in on Rakka cutting off her feathers with a pair of scissors that plays out like a self-harm metaphor.
>>
>>156286971
Rakka's reaction towards that specific event isn't as simple as people think it is. That's usually why people think her reaction is nonsensical. The disappearance itself counts as much if not more than the Haibane who disappeared herself, all of this filtered through Rakka's personality that most probably caused her to land in Glie in the first place. The event is here to trigger the actualization of the questions asked in the first part.

Rakka and Reki's reactions along with their relationship are both sides of the same coin and, with the setting itself reeking of stoicism used as a background, are used to convey meaning within the series. I see a lot of people claiming that Reki is the only good character, but they often to notice that Reki being a good character means the other Haibane get pushed by the wayside.
>>
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.