[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Nips are so obsessed with the whole "Natural talent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How come Nips are so obsessed with the whole "Natural talent vs. Hard work" thing?
>>
They're not
>>
File: 1491482002296.jpg (180KB, 1280x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1491482002296.jpg
180KB, 1280x1432px
>>156281342
You tell me.
>>
See their work culture, not the office kind of work though.Probably not all nowadays though.
>>
>>156281342
It's an easy way to set two characters up against one another. The audience is generally supposed to root for the hard worker and the natural tends to be portrayed as arrogant or lazy or they take their skills for granted and are eventually overtaken by the "lesser" man's work ethic. When a naturally talented character is the focus of a story, they tend to block out everything else and it becomes of a circus centred on how amazing they are.

I get the impression that Japan has a simultaneous fascination and disgust towards people with innate talent. You've got this intense reverence for people who are masters of their craft, but then you go and read reports of kids who excel in sports or academia getting bullied to the point where they transfer schools or drop out because other students think they're arrogant or showing off.
>You don't suck, go fuck yourself.
>>
The only natural talent is the dedication to be able to work hard.
>>
>>156281342
It's a trope that someone who struggles because they don't really work all that hard but think they do because they're arrogant assumes that everyone who struggles less than them is just naturally gifted and the universe is unfair.
It's textbook teenage narcissism.

Sometimes it's played a little too straight because the writer clearly buys into the whole "everybody better than me is just gifted" excuse, but usually it's just used to set up character development by attacking the protagonists sheltered and self-centered worldview.
>>
>>156282442
The universe is unfair. There's not a single fair situation. People get more support, better luck, and innate ability and understanding in all areas that affects how well they do.

You'd have to be an idiot to buy into some just world nonsense where you always get out what you put in.
>>
>>156282335
I agree with you. It's like a mix of jealousy and "conformity with the masses" thing that makes it so toxic in japan.
>>
>>156281342
How come faggots are so obsessed with making this shitty thread?
>>
>>156282359
It's a nice sentiment and I agree that being able to dedicate yourself is an important skill to develop if you're chasing excellence, but most people do have individual strengths. I can't dance worth shit but I've always had a knack for being able to root out information and solutions to problems. If I worked hard, I could become a decent dancer, but it wouldn't come as naturally to me as research does.

>>156282635
I don't think >>156282442 was saying that your input equals your received output 1:1, just that putting little to nothing in means you're less likely to get something in return and when you have the perception that you're doing more than you really are, you're susceptible to imagining that everyone is magically better than you because of XYZ and that it doesn't matter what you do.

Life's short and sucks and then you die, but there's usually a way to improve yourself or your situation at least a little, even if it's not as much as you'd want.
>>
>>156281342
Hard Work = Natural Talent
This is something no fiction author dares to touch though, because admitting literally everything you do and are is tied to your genes would make every story with a "stronger" MC unfair
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.