[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite 80's films and OVAs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Babylon.jpg (454KB, 1000x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Babylon.jpg
454KB, 1000x1274px
I've always wanted to have a decent thread talking about gems from the 80's but it's always ruined by people who assume it's just a rec thread. I don't see what's wrong with discussing your favorite movies/OVAs and just leave it at that. I have to explain myself just to keep the autists away.

With that being said. What's your favorite 80's films/OVAs. They can be known or obscure. I want to know what you like about them. They're the kind of stories that just don't exist anymore which is a shame.
>>
File: golgo13.gif (968KB, 496x331px) Image search: [Google]
golgo13.gif
968KB, 496x331px
anyone????
>>
I want to start Maison Ikkoku but I'm also too scared to do it because of fucking huge it is.
>>
probably gunbuster
>>
>>156266767
Adding to this, Zeorymer is another great mecha anime from the 80s. Really unique story as well.
>>
They are kind of rec threads since there's no real discussion about one or two items, it's just people posting a whole bunch of titles until the thread dies.

That said, with the whole A E S T H E T I C movement, why aren't things like Bubblegum Crisis and Dirty Pair making waves again? The embody that retro movement perfectly.
>>
>>156264724
bump
>>
Macross
>>
File: VHD1.jpg (28KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
VHD1.jpg
28KB, 400x283px
just to name some I like
>Devilman ovas
>neo tokyo (mostly the last story)
>angel's egg
>vampire hunter D
>>
>>156266731
I'm in the same situation with the same series. I just need to man the fuck up.
>>
This whole series.
>>
File: da86fb9ddf9b125f182811b04a46e630.jpg (838KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
da86fb9ddf9b125f182811b04a46e630.jpg
838KB, 826x1169px
>>156266731
>>156270067
It's great if you like romantic comedies, the only thing it suffers from is frequent "misunderstandings" that get annoying to watch because they could be solved with simple communication.
>>
The 80s had Pink Jacket Lupin, which is dope as fuck. Giant Gorg and Gunbuster are also incredible, just to name a few.
>>
>>156270130
is this worth it? I hear it gets tiring after like the first 50 episodes.
>>
>>156267266
Zeorymer's absolute shit, fuck you. It's got production value and nothing else; you might as well be praising Great fucking Dangaioh.
>>
>>156270439
That sounds like a load of bull shit.
>>
>>156270850
a show that over 190 episodes long getting tiring
explain to me how this idea can seem like bullshit? isn't it basically an episodic RomCom?
>>
>>156270958
Because it is, go watch it for yourself and see if you like it or not make your own opinion.
Also Beautiful Dreamer the movie is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>156271038
explain the appeal and maybe I'll invest the time. The story even go anywhere or is it basically the same shit every episode. I imagine the guy gets some pussy at some point. I just don't wanna watch all of it just to end up disappointed at the fact that nothing even happens
>>
iria zeiram is female badass done.t
right
>>
>>156271550
>done.t
>right
How exactly did you fuck that up so badly?
>>
>>156271856
Phoneposters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajTAnMqhZB8
>>
>>156271121
Nah im not trying to sell you a product if you aren't interested on your on who cares.
>>
File: Zeorymer (3).png (944KB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Zeorymer (3).png
944KB, 1440x1090px
>>156267266
Zeorymer certainly had some interesting elements to it.
Overall not amazing, but it's still pretty cool.
Awesome music also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-u8CjhOAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkF13YQkPx0

>>156267381
>it's just people posting a whole bunch of titles until the thread dies.

This is always sad.
Similar situation in 3x3 threads.
Why don't people actually discuss anime anymore?
>>
>>156271550
It's also a 90s title, which disqualifies it for this thread.
>>
I love the 80s, what a cool decade.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.