[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some one explain the jokes I don't get in Konosuba?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: megumin at the two towers.jpg (78KB, 610x636px) Image search: [Google]
megumin at the two towers.jpg
78KB, 610x636px
Can some one explain the jokes I don't get in Konosuba?

>lalatina is a hilarious name
>megumin and megumin related names are "weird"

Just don't get it, are these hilarious/weird names relative to japanese or australian naming conventions?
>>
>>156214216
I think Australia is racist
>>
Nobody bats an eye at a crusader calling themselves 'Darkness' either. Australians are weird.
>>
>>156214216

All of the crimson demon names sound like utter gibberish if you speak Japanese. It's like if you called your dog "Flarbenwargenblugen".
>>
File: KJJOKTS.jpg (76KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
KJJOKTS.jpg
76KB, 600x280px
>>156214216
They're funny because they sound vaguely like they could be Japanese names, but they're composed weirdly. Pic is a good example of a similar thing in english.
>>
I think the joke is that the crimson demon's names sound like baby talk or pet names. Ending names with ~n is like a cutesy type honorific like nyan.

I could be wrong though?
>>
>>156214519

yeah but they seem to find the names she gives to pets weird too, so it can't just be baby/pet names sounding maybe?
>>
Its like SZS, you're not meant to get the jokes since theyre extremely culture dependant.
>>
They're fucking weird and that's it. Megumin is not weird to you because you're used to seeing weird ass japanese names.

Can you imagine someone called "lil Glaubersmithson"?

or

Cacassie?
>>
Megumi is a name, Megumin is like a cute nickname
>>
>>156215989
And her mom is Yuiyui, a cutified version of Yui. And her dad has an over the top name like an archaic, grandiose shogun might have. Like calling your son Antoninus Xenophon Pendragon or something.
>>
>>megumin and megumin related names are "weird"
Imagine if someone named Jack was named Jackster
>>
>>156214493
This is a great example, thanks
>>
>>156214216
All their names are nickname versions of real names. Like if your name was john, your crimson demon name would be JONNYBGOOD. If you introduced yourself to everyone as "Hi, my name is JONNYBGOOD," people would think you're fucking nuts.
>>
File: Shiranui.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shiranui.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
>>156216297
>Not naming your wife's son Antoninus Xenophon Pendragon
>>
>>156215139
Do you know any new parents? Children are named the weirdest shit nowadays because millennials are starting to drop kids and they want their special snowflakes to have unique names.

Someone I know named their child Fairy Mae. This isn't even unusual.
>>
File: 1446321092503.png (25KB, 651x436px) Image search: [Google]
1446321092503.png
25KB, 651x436px
>meh-gun-in
>lala-tin-a
>>
>>156216563

>la latina
>the latin gurl

Fix.
>>
>>156216378
Still better than "Lance Jack".
>>
>>156214493
>MIKE TRUK
>>
>>156216633
do not speak his name
>>
>Not naming your son Mike Litoris or Mike Hawk
>>
>>156214216
Lalatina sounds far too childish and makes anyone named such sound like a spoiled princess.

Megumin, Yunyun, etc., sound like silly nicknames. The fact that they're actually named that is ridiculous.

Also, Megumin's father Hyouzaburou has a name that makes him sound like some chuuni twat making believe that he's in a yakuza drama or something.
>>
>>156217002 continued

Basically, the entire Kouma clan sounds like Frank Zappa named them.

>Dweezil
>Moon-unit

They'd fit right in.
>>
>>156214216
hai hai kazuma dess
>>
>>156216540
the fuck...
>>
>>156214426
Megumin is just Megumi with an n on the end
>>
>>156214216
>lalatina
>la latina
Guess Australians don't like spics
>>
>>156218952
Not a single normal Japanese name ends with ん, dude.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.