[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do these three have in common?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: 1413420093075.jpg (486KB, 731x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1413420093075.jpg
486KB, 731x1019px
What do these three have in common?
>>
>>156208641
They're great character stuck in a shit series.
>>
I forgot her name but that chick gets ne super hard with her bobcut and high heels.
There are not enough doujins of here, damn it.
>>
File: Yozuru.jpg (30KB, 509x715px) Image search: [Google]
Yozuru.jpg
30KB, 509x715px
>>156208987
>>
File: 1455232375036.png (376KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1455232375036.png
376KB, 1000x1300px
>>156208987
>>
>>156208641
Larry butz
Franziska von Karma
Phoenix Wright
>>
>>156208641
>Araragi +10 years
>Hanekawa +10 years
>Senjougahara +10 years
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>156209280
>Senjougahara +10 years
>>
>>156208987
>>156209076
>>156209082
Kagenui is lacking doujins
Ryoko's kansai-ben is sex
>>
>Adult characters
>They're a bunch of unreasonable dicks who act like reject villains from Index
>Teenager/loli characters
>They're for the most part mature and reasonable people

Meme-man and his friends are by far the worst characters in this show.

>inb4 muh kaiki is le best girle
>>
>>156209497
Literally what did Meme and Kaiki do wrong
>>
>>156209608
Kaiki was an edgelord and a dick all the time and also scammed children and was proud of it. Then the one time he did something for someone else he first had to convince himself that it was in-character with his chuuni persona. In any case I could never stand the guy.
>>
>>156209783
When did Kaiki do anything remotely edgy?
>>
>>156209855
Did we watch the same show?
>>
>>156208641
they don't smoke
>>
>>156209870
Yeah, he scammed people and gave depressing monologue about expectations.
>>
>>156209870
He's asking for examples. Kaiki's sulky as hell but not quite "edgy".
>>
>>156209995
It's the same shit.
The world is bleak, that's why I'm a dick, blah blah.
>>
>>156208704
>They're great character
Meme's a plot device, not a character. Even worse than Gaen who everyone complains about.
Kagenui was good in one arc way after her introduction, doesn't really appear enough in general but has a memorable presence whenever she is around.
Kaiki was great in one arc and shit everywhere else, and is stuck conversing with the dumbest characters in the series most of the time for some reason.
>>
>>156209995
>Kaiki's sulky as hell but not quite "edgy".
>character is literally "crawling in my skin the character"
>not edgy
>>
File: edgeometer.jpg (62KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
edgeometer.jpg
62KB, 500x498px
>>156210037
No it's not. Edgelord is over the top "everyone I know is dead and I'm so sad about I gonna use my katanas and kill everyone who contradicts me, cause I'm a badass."
Kaiki is at worst a tired middle aged man. Even this could be false since his whole character is based around lying.
>>
>>156209497
>teenager/loli characters
>they're for the most part mature and reasonable people
maybe if you yourself are a child their actions seem reasonable and mature
>>
>>156209076
>>156209082
Don't do this to my dick, anon.
>>
>>156210216
At least someone who had all his friends killed would have a real reason to be a total emo, unlike Kaiki.
>>
>>156208987
Why does she never touch the ground
>>
>>156209783
Again, the fuck did Meme do wrong?
>>
>>156211088
Nothing, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lumped him together with his edgelord friends.
>>
>>156210965
It's a curse, man. The puppet guy said so in Tsuki.
>>
>>156208641
I would fuck all of them.
>>
>>156210857
Kaiki isn't a total emo, he still has things he enjoys and will help others given the right circumstances. He is simply an ominous figure. In Hanamonogatari he converses with Numachi, and in the past has been sociable enough to join the occult research club. He functions like a normal human being. His method of sustenance may be immoral but he's definitely not dark or sad enough to be emo.
>>
>>156208641
a double penetration
>>
>>156208641
They enjoy molesting children.
>>
>>156208641
They're fantastic characters in a shitty harem series.

>tfw an OVA focusing on the three and their lives in college never

>>156209497
>Teenager/loli characters
>They're for the most part mature and reasonable people
Ha

They're not. Not at all.
>>
>>156208641
Middle aged
>>
File: 1425945840389.png (233KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
1425945840389.png
233KB, 505x505px
>>156209280
>Senjougahara +10 years
>>
>>156208641
They went to college together.
>>
>>156210216
>Kaiki is at worst a tired middle aged man.
Even his "assholiness" seems to be a facade when he tries to come up with an excuse to not seem like he's helping someone else out of good will.
>>
>>156209280
>Araragi +10 years
Araragi is too righteous for Meme's Swiss shit.
>Hanekawa +10 years
Hanekawa is more related to Gaen's omniscience perfectionist than Kagenui's hit first, ask later. The only character that related with Kagenui are probably Kanbaru or Karen.
>Senjougahara +10 years
Senjougahara don't have patient and verbal skill to pull the same bullshit as Kaiki.
>>
>>156208641
The three are Gaen bitch
>>
>>156209783
>had to convince himself that it was in-character with his chuuni persona
That was all an act purely for the sake of upkeeing said chuuni persona. In reality, he wanted to save Senjougahara because wanting to save a helpless young girl is the natural thing to do and he felt guilty about failing her in the past. He just found those earnest feelings embarassing being the chuunibyou he is and had to cover them with something more edgy. As Yotsugi points out in one of the best scenes in the whole series.
>>
>>156208641
They will all die.
>>
File: itd be neat.png (2MB, 1508x822px) Image search: [Google]
itd be neat.png
2MB, 1508x822px
>>156212160
>>
Shinto Studies?
>>
>>156209280
Nice try
>>
>>156220143
It wasn't Shinto studies. We already know that since the occult studies was a side project to their actual degree.

From how Yozuru talks about it, only Oshino and Gaen actually gave a shit about the oddity side of things.
Yozuru just needed to justify her hitting shit, Kaiki is Kaiki and Tadatsuru's doll fetish came later.
>>
Nothing.
>>
Exposition dump characters. Contrarians like them because they're not the MC.
>>
>>156221326
>From how Yozuru talks about it, only Oshino and Gaen actually gave a shit about the oddity side of things.
>Yozuru just needed to justify her hitting sh
Actually with Yozuru, it is actually her Family Business. Her family had been working as the court sorcerer to the Japanese Emperor for generations.
>>
For people who didn't bother to read the books, Meme is without a doubt the craziest character in the series. He has an extremely autistic belief in "balance." For example, he was originally planning on fighting Araragi as an enemy but only helped him because he got Hanekawa involved in a fight. He doesn't care about anyone or anything but maintaining the "balance."
>>
>>156221326
It's always been my headcannon that they are trained in psychology, maybe even psychiatry. And that Araragi and Hanekawa will follow in their footsteps and become the next generation of ghostbusters.
>>
>>156226614

He definitely has a rigid belief system, you only have to read Tsubasa Sleeping to see that. I had thought he would be softer on the new Hanekawa, but the guy really made her work to get back to Japan to help Araragi.

I wouldn't say he doesn't care, but his belief system is so rigid sometimes it very much looks like he does. I don't like using the term "autistic" because the way it's used is wrong, but Oshino almost fits that slanderous way of usig the term with the way he behaves sometimes.

"There, I've told you one of the stories of how I came to find you, we can chat about the rest of the them on the way back from Japan."

"Nah class rep-chan, I wanna hear the rest of your adventures as a golden vampire with Drama-kun with the polar bears as our audience in the freezing cold a little longer."

Hanekawa needed to backhand him.

The worst thing is that she came back in Ougi Dark tired as fuck and even worked with a shady organization to get him back to Japan and the prick says nothing as she collapses on the floor of the cram school. Not even a "good work". Why is he so assholish to the girl?
>>
>>156226614
He's still barely even a character in the novels. He just exists to drop the relevant lore and bullshit out a solution to everything when no one in the main cast can do anything.
>>
>>156227144
>Why is he so assholish to the girl?
She's supposed to be an inherantly unlikeable/trashy person (that's not me hating her character, that's what her character is viewed as by everyone else in the story) + she literally stands for the opposite views he does on top of that.

You either get people like Araragi or Kaiki who feel and act ridiculously inferior to her to the point where they don't even really understand why they act the way they do around her or you get people like Meme who just openly dislike her.
>>
>>156227162

Well how he helped with Ougi makes sense. If he recognizes Ougi as his niece, the Darkness can't get her. Hanekawa knew that she couldn't just make Araragi destroy Ougi, and he won't just accept her as part of him like she did Kako and the sawarineko, so blame it on Araragi for being too childish here, Hanekawa did the only thing she could do here that fits her personality, she mothers the boy
>>
File: sips5.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sips5.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
I just want Kaiki to be happy, is it too much to ask for?
>>
>>156227269
He's the one who chooses to be unhappy/self-deluded and cut himself off from everyone, over something that happened years ago at that. Most of the cast are dumb teenagers and have been through significantly more yet are handling their problems in a more sensible manner than he is.
>>
File: tumblr_lwzj0d54m91qzcq59.png (142KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwzj0d54m91qzcq59.png
142KB, 800x538px
all of them need more head tilts
>>
>>156208704
Pretty much this, each and everyone of them are much more interesting than the self-insert character with the default shounen personality.
>>
>>156227493
>with the default shounen personality.
It's fine to dislike Araragi but I don't see how that applies to him at all. Hell Kageuini fits what you're talking about more than Araragi does even.
>>
>>156227228

I wouldn't say that, Hachikuji says she likes Hanekawa and in their commentary wonders why she considers herself and puts herself down as inferior to Oshino.

Kanbaru is Kanbaru, and admits to having strange feelings about her due to the closeness she has with Hitagi.

Sodachi is tsundere

Gaen is Gaen. Like Kanbaru, it's tough to gauge where she stands.

We know that Araragi wants a rivalry with her thanks to Ougi, but gets BTFO nearly all the time, so most of the time he feels inferior. See Koyomi Sand, he tries to be sarcastic, but is overwhelmed when she so honestly and upfrontly talks to him. It makes him embarrassed to be childishly rude.

Kaiki was wary at first, and called her out on saying she was just an assistant to the Fire Sisters, but talking with her notices she is forcing herself to be professional and extra courteous, even to some people it seems to be as natural as breathing to her, he notices it's indicative of children who are unloved or abused, because obviously the mindset becomes that being a brat to an asshole parent will get you put out on the street or getting hit, so being courteous becomes second nature.

Gahara tries to challenge her, but the new Hanekawa keeps evolving that Araragi is almost on Araragi's position, but they still are close friends. She doesn't idolize Hanekawa, but isn't without the love and inferiority, so it's in the middle.

Nadeko feared her, but seems respectful now.

Dunno about Ononoki.

So lots of variance here. She isn't just universally worshipped by people who see themselves as scrubs or hated by everyone else. Because her parents had no real excuse. Even Oshino admits she was right and that makes him shut down. LN Oshino's reaction was more immature to having his worldview threatened in Neko Black.
>>
>>156227611
Kaiki straight up asks himself after the conversation why he kept apologizing to her over and over for no particular reason. Unless I'm missing something it didn't seem like he was just being courteous.
>>
>>156227493
He's not enough of a defualt shounen personality for you guys. He consistently fails at everything he does for about 2/3rds of the series and it's a plot point how bizarre his philosophy is. That and him getting laid is probably the final nail in the coffin for people like you, so you end up preferring the aloof know-it-alls who hover around a cast of kids instead.
>>
>>156227679

That was part and parcel of how she unflinchingly opened herself to him. Remember how she looked him in the eyes and asked him to help with Senjougahara

I think for him, it hit him how a kid would just be that outwardly respectful. Like how you would act differently from being in the room with a person you could feel was being completely honest with you.

Kaiki's normal mindset with dealing with people is trying to find something to give him a leg up in the conversation, but Hanekawa just talked straight with him do he doesn't know how to respond, so he apologizes because he knows it's unnecessary to act that way.

Like how a guy who talks like a dick to everyone gets tripped up by one of those people with seemingly super thick skin that just talks honestly.

The one thing the "inferior feeling people" and others(Meme, Gahara, Ougi) try to do with the new Hanekawa is try to get a rise out of her to break that awkwardness, and the Hanekawa now responds to sarcasm more bitingly, more prone to pout when put out, etc. Though when you read the novel, you can't tell if it's her being more human or giving people the reaction they want to make them feel more comfortable around her. The "I don't know everything. I only know what I know." is sometimes one example of that.

That is why I like her character, she is calculated even in conversation.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.