[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i watch this ? i don't like pretentious shit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: haibane renmei.jpg (38KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
haibane renmei.jpg
38KB, 225x321px
should i watch this ? i don't like pretentious shit and shows needs to watch them twice or more to understand
>>
File: heeroshima.png (120KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
heeroshima.png
120KB, 434x400px
Highly intellectual thread
>>
>>156197479
>should i watch this ? i don't like using my brain
well it is comfy enough for the first half, then it becomes a little less comfy
think cute girls doing despair things
if you use your brain and get the (not even complicated) references/metaphors you'll enjoy it a lot more tho, so much more than I'd say it's not really worth watching unless you want to understand it
>>
>>156197479
No. It's pretentious shit. Also awfully overextended.
>>
Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done unpretentiously.
>>
>>156197479

You don't need to watch it twice to understand it. Also all you cunts can go fuck yourselves with your "pretentious" meme spouting to label any series that strays from your oh-so-comfy moeshit.

God forbid if a writter/director dares to go with a non baby-tier narrative and play around with the story. You fags need to choke on your shonenshit and let us refined gentleman consume REAL worthwhile anime.
>>
>>156197479
It's great, watch it. It's also very accessible for a "2deep4u" anime, just don't take everything at face value. Haibane has the advantage of having characters that can express more than 2 emotions correctly, which is surprisingly rare for atmospheric/philosophical anime.

>>156198493
>>156199126
Fuck off.
>>
Nah it's actually pretty neat. The symbolism serves a purpose and isn't just pointlessly trying to obstruct the message which sometimes has bothered me in other anime.
>>
>>156197479
Yes, you should. You might not like it anyway, but you can just interpret everything completely literally and still have a good time.

There's a difference between "leaves you feeling thoughtful" and "demands that you think more thoroughly than you can while remaining immersed." If you dislike the former, okay, don't bother. But if it's just the latter, no problem.
>>
File: 1390243226018.jpg (104KB, 634x432px) Image search: [Google]
1390243226018.jpg
104KB, 634x432px
>>156197479
Ask your mom.
>>
>>156197479
No it's not pretentious. You do have to use your brain a bit though.
>>
>>156197479
It doesn't really preach any profound messages and the plot's pretty easy to understand. If you have trouble following it, you're probably retarded.
>>
Which haibane would you fuck?
>>
>>156197479
>should i watch this ?
ใ‚‚ใกใ‚ใ‚“
>>
it sucks don't watch it
worst anime i've ever seen
>>
just finished the first 2 episodes , nothing great about it but i really enjoyed the soundtrack and the backgrounds
>>
>>156199126
Sora No Woto is Haibane Renmei with more piss jokes and panty shots. Not what I'd call an improvement.
>>
File: penguins.jpg (198KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
penguins.jpg
198KB, 800x635px
>>156204179
>Sora No Woto is Haibane Renmei with more piss jokes and panty shots. Not what I'd call an improvement.
It's certainly unpretentious, though. Can't argue with that.
>>
>>156203400
I'm sure from the way you type you'd much prefer ki blasts and heroic speeches about friendship.
>>
i wanted more lain after watching serial experiments so i watched this and was satisfied. Haibane was a little slow but the characters are likable and it isn't too boring
>>
File: Haibane-Renmei-Quotes.jpg (77KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Haibane-Renmei-Quotes.jpg
77KB, 600x480px
>>156207450
rakka a cute !! CUTE!!!!
>>
File: Kana protects the trash.png (186KB, 428x242px) Image search: [Google]
Kana protects the trash.png
186KB, 428x242px
Kana best girl.
>>
File: cover-hard-boiled-wonderland.jpg (111KB, 548x859px) Image search: [Google]
cover-hard-boiled-wonderland.jpg
111KB, 548x859px
It's alright but the book is better.
>>
>>156199529
reki is the only "character" that counts as one
>>
>>156211111
>>
>>156208866
Finally someone else gets it.
>>
>>156197479
Some explain to me how a anime can be pretentious, Haibane of all fucking things too.

I haven't seen one show that I could call pretentious. Only one that could possibly (by retards most likely) be called that is Angels Egg, and even then it's still fucking great.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1105x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1105x792px
>>156197479

No, don't watch it.
>>
Why don't people like to think for themselves anymore?
>>
>>156211577
>image.png
Please go back to /v/
>>
8 episodes in and why is she really depressed for losing a friend ? she only knew her for a short period ,
>>
why does she think that ? the rest of the haibanes care about her and would grieve if she is gone
>>
>>156212515
>Why should she grieve for a friend? She only knew her for a short time.
>>156213077
>Why should her friends grieve for her? They only knew her for a short time.
>>
>>156213215
she should grieve but not to the point of depression . just like her friends (who knew kuu for a longer period but didn't get depressed )

her friends would probably grieve about her disappearing too but the won't get depressed
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.