[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rakugo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I just finished this after putting it off for a while.

So Konatsu was in love with Kiku this whole time? Is this an asspull or was there foreshadowing that I missed?
How did you feel about the ending?
>>
>>156130515
It was trash like this show.
>>
>>156130569
I'm surprised you watched something you consider trash in its entirety.
>>
>>156130515
There wasn't really foreshadowing in the straight forward sense, but given everything we know about her character it isn'thard to imagine that she had complicated feelings for Kiku, and that love was involved. She certainly never seemed like she actually hated him like she claimed. Not to me, anyway.
>>
>>156132732
Well I can accept that she also had feelings of love and that it was a complicated situation. I guess what I want to get at is how did Kiku reciprocate those feelings? We never hear his side of things about the love aspect with her.
>>
>>156132933
One of the bonus manga chapters, set while Konatsu is a teenager, has Kiku thinking that he's going to view Konatsu as a woman with her own feelings when she grows up, and not as his own child. A lot of people take that as confirmation that he loved her back, and started to early on.
>>
>>156133023
That's interesting. I'll have to get around to reading the manga because there might be more little things that they left out.
So looking back this means that while Shinnosuke was a baby and she was living with Kiku he was kind of like a husband/the child's father in that situation? I mean I guess he was Yotaro's child socially but Kiku also acted like a father to him.

By the way did she actually have a relationship with the gangster boss? It's kind of weird that she was with Kiku and him at the same time. I know she wanted a baby to carry on her father's blood but wouldn't she want it to be Kiku's baby for sure if she loved him as well? Thinking back I'm not sure I get what she was thinking.
>>
>>156133305
>there might be more little things that they left out
There's some extremely small stuff, but which changes some of her characterisation for me. In the manga panels, she's often depicted as more intimate with Yotaro from earlier on, doing stuff like hugging him back when he hugs her, but in the anime they animated her being less intimate for some reason, like she'll just stands there looking bored/annoyed when Yotaro hugs her.

>did she actually have a relationship with the gangster boss
I'm under the impression that she was never with the yakuza guy and Yotaro just got the wrong idea because he never thought to suspect Kiku. But I might be wrong.
>>
>>156133488
I do remember seeing that manga panel where Yotaro is crying and while she's nonchalantly smoking she puts her arm around him. That totally changes the feel of the scene compared to the anime. Stuff like that makes me want to read the manga.

It would be just like Yotaro to get the wrong idea. I feel like there might be something to it though because if I recall she was clinging onto him to stop hurting him, kind of like how a woman would do to her lover. But I don't know, maybe the author wants to tell us that it doesn't really matter who it is and that taking care of family is what is more important. It still felt like she dumped that on us at the end in order for us to wonder about it though.
>>
>>156133692
>she was clinging onto him to stop hurting him
In general, you don't want your husband to hurt the leader of the Jap mafia, as that will be bad for your entire family. Regardless of your feelings for him.

>maybe the author wants to tell us that it doesn't really matter who it is and that taking care of family is what is more important. It still felt like she dumped that on us at the end in order for us to wonder about it though.
That's most certainly it, Konatsu herself doesn't ever confirm that it was actually Kiku and says that the truth doesn't matter.
>>
>>156133799
>you don't want your husband to hurt the leader of the Jap mafia, as that will be bad for your entire family. Regardless of your feelings for him.
Oops, I mean she didn't want the boss to hurt Yotaro. I haven't watched the scene in a while but it was after the boss threw him into the pond and Konatsu cried to him to stop. And the way he looked at her seemed like he didn't want to see her cry. Of course, the scene might have played out this way to make it seem like they were involved when it could just as easily be that they weren't.

> Konatsu herself doesn't ever confirm that it was actually Kiku and says that the truth doesn't matter.
She did say that but then right after she said that she had felt romantic love for Kiku. And it cut to Shinnosuke looking exactly like Kiku when he was younger. But in the end it really doesn't matter because who everyone is in love with is actually Rakugo itself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.