[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: berserksouls.jpg (32KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
berserksouls.jpg
32KB, 500x330px
I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls lately, and it's made me want to get into Berserk.

Where's a good place to start? Is the anime as good as the manga? If so, are the English dubs any good?
>>
most people will say the manga.
only problem with that is the first 3 vols are a slog.
i started with the anime, decided i loved it and then read the manga.
>>
yes the new anime is super good you should definitely watch that
>>
not op here. what about the new movies?
>>
>>156105672
They speed through the 'Golden age arc', essentially the same as the old anime.

Pretty, but you lose out on some of the slower nuances and character development to speed things along. IF you them go back and reread the manga.
>>
Started with the manga because I really don't have time to watch anime these days. It was good, I didn't mind the slow ass flashback because I just treated it like a different series. I was almost disappointed to get back to the present.
>>
>>156105543
Manga. What I've saw of the anime doesn't make justice to the manga not to mention one of the best arcs the lost children apparently wasn't nor will be animated
>>
>>156105543
Three words: Read the manga.

It's the only way to properly take in the grandeur of Berserk's art and story. The 90s anime series is ok, everything else is rubbish.
>>
Don't fucking watch any adaptations of this manga, just read it, it's a master piece.
>>
>>156105543
>>156105672
Read the manga
>>
anime version is pure garbage compared to mango
>>
>>156105543
>Where's a good place to start?

really?
>>
>>156105543

97 anime<Golden age arc movies<manga
English dub prefered
>>
File: 1445261747919.png (84KB, 344x318px) Image search: [Google]
1445261747919.png
84KB, 344x318px
>>156105543
fuck off
>>
>>156105543
>Where's a good place to start?
You start it it at the start like anything else you piece of shit.
>>
>>156105543
Read the manga. You can also watch the 97 one or just download the OST and try listening to it while reading. Stay away from the movies.
Can't help you with the last part. Subs are already garbage enough as it is, so I don't see why anyone would willingly choose an even worse form of translation unless they have some disability.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.