[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this just a meme show or is it actually any good? I saw it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (37KB, 230x332px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
37KB, 230x332px
Is this just a meme show or is it actually any good?

I saw it suggested after finishing Texhnolyze
>>
Some call it amazing, other call it pretentious, the rest just stop giving a fuck. One thing is sure is everyone is dumbfounded after watching it the first time. But even if you call it pretentious, it's made by actually well read pretentious faggots.
>>
If you finished texhnolyze, then you could probably get through lain. The show is only good if you finish it. Not to say its terribly boring, just feels really long. Ending worth it though.
>>
>>156103507
>>156103421
Alright well that sounds good enough to press ahead

Thanks
>>
>>156103081
For one thing, it has a top tier waifu in it.
From an intellectual pont of view, it has some good themes, although i 'll never understand why did the wired influence real life events.
>>
>>156103081
It's not good if you don't like thinking. I like anime because most of it is fairly simple themes and cute girls. Lain just left me annoyed and confused.
>>
>>156103763
They sort of explain it with the whole Schumann Resonance thing, but it's obviously sci-fi more than something actually possible. Basically everyone sort of got their consciousness merged with the wired, so you get into the whole George Berkeley thing of "if a tree doesn't fall in a forest but everyone things it did, it might as well have".
>>
>>156103873
I prefer more subversive anime, like Samurai Flamenco
>>
>>156103909
So the wired alters memories? That's how it influences real life? That's since Lain can manipulate the wired, inb4 can also manipulate memories and real life? But what if a human never connected even once to the wired? how can she still control them?
>>
>>156104000
More than influencing memories it takes total control of your consciousness. Everyone's consciousness gets turned into a sort of program and is uploaded to the network. The way they explain it is with the Schumann Resonance thing I was talking about, which is a sort of vibration the Earth generates. They used that to say that by merging it with the wired then every person would be completely in sync with the network. That part is pretty sci-fi though, so it's not like that would actually be possible according to any physicist, call it suspension of disbelief I guess.
>>
It's a kinda enjoyable ride but it's not something I've ever watch twice.
>>
>>156104545
>More than influencing memories it takes total control of your consciousness.
I don't think it takes control of your consciousness, but gives someone the oportunity to mess around with your conscious. By this i mean that you don't lose your free will if you connect to the wired, but you give the oportunity to more advanced users such as Lain to manipulate your uploaded conscious.
Think of this manipulation as being hacked. Your consciousness is like a computer that is being manipulated by a more experient wired user, that being Lain. She is a "hacker" that can manipulate the data of uploaded consciousneeses without their consent.
>>
File: 35979801_p0.jpg (224KB, 509x786px) Image search: [Google]
35979801_p0.jpg
224KB, 509x786px
>>156103873
Lain is a cute girl.
>>
>>156104000
The Wired and reality were becoming one and the same. They merged, and the Wired became reality and vice-versa.
>>
>>156104804
Control is a bad word, but I was trying to say what you're saying.
>>
File: 1.png (28KB, 1725x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28KB, 1725x1080px
>>156104820
Let's all love Lain!
>>
If you like bizarre impenetrable shit like Paranoia Agent or Angel's Egg it'll be right up your alley.
If your only motivation for watching it is the cute loli then you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>156104907
He just finished Texhnolyze, which is even slower and less eventful than Lain, so I'm pretty sure he should be able to handle this show.
>>
>>156104859
Reality and the wired did not mix in a physical way, the wired influenced real life torugh the manipulation of memories.
>>
meh watch school days instead. similar plot but better pacing.
>>
File: thinker.png (96KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.png
96KB, 363x475px
>>156105093
>>
>>156105166
yeah most people who watch lain try to be really deep and shit about it when the plot was very simple, lain just wanted to get dikked but was autist so she went club but didnt get dikked so she got her head dikked by a computer instead. school days same thing, guy wanted to dikk but was autists so he went to school and did dikk but got his head dikked by the dikked first autist girl.
>>
>>156105280
Shit tier bait. Work harder on it.
>>
>>156103081
no it was a pretentious moeshit. it was a decent show as a whole tho
>>
>>156105781
>moeshit
that's better bait
>>
File: mad lain.png (196KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
mad lain.png
196KB, 500x321px
>>156105781
there are a lot of moefags who liked the show just because of lain and the yuri
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.