[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hunter x hunter arcs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hunter x Hunter arc ranking?

For me:
Hunter Exam
Yorknew City
Heaven's Arena
Zoldyck Family
Chimera Ant....
I'm currently watching chimera ant and it's terrible so far
>>
>>156095292
>Yorknew
>>
>>156095292
>Hunter x Hunter arc ranking?

Phantom Troupe
Chimera Ant
13th Hunter Chairman Election arc
Hunter Exam
Greed Island
Heaven's Arena
Zoldyck Family
>>
York Shin was the absolute best, don't really care about the others.
>>
yea the auction arc was probably my favorite for many reasons.

chimera ant arc was just so so long. it was hard to reread

greed island was a good arc if it wasnt for 20% of it being filled with "return on!", "accompany on!"

honorable mention to Kite for being a great character
>>
>>156095292
DC > Kimera > Yorkshin > GI > Election > Exam > HA > Zoldyck
>>
>>156098098
i would agree with the dark continent being the best aside from it being ongoing. despite it being riddled with meta-writing due to the nature of its hiatus, everything about dark continent arc is what the story has been building too. thoughtful nen combat, hunting, world building. im amazed it took this long
>>
Just finished the anime yesterday

for me I'd say Greed Island > 2nd half of Chimera > Heaven's Arena > Hunter Exam > Phantom Troupe > Chairman Election > 1st half of Chimera > Zoldyck Family

I actually didn't care for the main enemy of GI at all and the card stuff wasn't really fleshed out that well but just the overall comfy adventure feel and the amazing Razor fight made it the most enjoyable to me I think. Chimera was the only arc I felt had pacing problems, the good moments were really, REALLY good but it also had a lot of the only bad/boring moments as well. From the limited stuff I've seen it seems like most people like the Phantom Troupe arc a lot more than me. I didn't dislike it by any means but I never really cared for Kurapika (I can't stand "muh clan" characters) so I guess I didn't really enjoy it as much as others. Election arc had some funny moments with Ging and heartwarming stuff with Killua, but the Zodiac characters were really meh for me. I'd rate all of them positively except maybe Zoldyck, that was rather bland and short

Somewhat related - I was left feeling so empty after marathoning the show nonstop for days that I tried to jump into the manga where the anime stopped but honestly I didn't care for it at all. I don't mind text heavy (I've read One Piece for years) but man it is a LOT of text about random bullshit from Zodiac characters that have no personality and I don't care about - it was hard to get into and art overall felt worse than what I was used to with the anime. I even tried skipping ahead to the Hisoka/Chrollo thing but stopped, I felt like the action just didn't have anywhere near the impact and even the fighting seemed so lackluster compared to the anime (even though it should be one of the hypest things ever considering the characters and how powerful they are)

Any chance of the author ever actually doing things at a decent pace? I love the series and would love more but would prefer it animated
>>
chimera gets better, be patient
>>
>>156095292

>starts ranking before he finishes it

kill yourself
>>
Chimera Ant only really gets good once that nigga with the warping power starts sneaking through the palace. That entire sequence was great, there was pretty much nothing happening but it was loaded with tension.
>>
>>156095292
The current Great Hiatus Arc looks great.
>>
>>156098840
>2011 fag woes: Reading and no sooper high paced standard shonen action.

>>156095292
DC=>CA>Yorknew> Greed Island>Heavens Arena=Hunter Exams
>>
>>156098093
>Kite
>Great character

Doubt.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.