[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /a/, what are your thoughts on 3.0+1.0? >implying it will happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: FB_IMG_1492004468314.jpg (30KB, 552x476px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492004468314.jpg
30KB, 552x476px
So /a/, what are your thoughts on 3.0+1.0?
>implying it will happen
>>
>>
It will happen, it's just going to be terrible.
>>
>>156064355
>>156064502
this, fuck post 1999 Anno.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491175265428.jpg (87KB, 507x800px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491175265428.jpg
87KB, 507x800px
>>
>>156064355
Someone already post news about Anno starting to work on it this year, yep, he started just this year so it will air right before the new olympic games.
>>
>>156064355
I'm honestly pretty butthurt that it's taking so long.

What's his excuse?
>>
EoE but not as good? Can't wait.
>>
It'll be out eventually, and be the exact same shit 3.33 was: kaworu and asuka pandering to the extreme. Even if it's by some miracle not shit, it's still not going to make up for how bad 3.33 was.
>>
I don't want it to come out because if it comes out then that's it, the true end of evangelion with nothing at all on the horizon. I don't want it to end.
>>
>>156065100
given the state of the franchise an ending would be the best thing right about now.
>>
>>156065268
>>156065100

I want anno stop fucking with eva, but the franchise should live with spin off, or other shit. Although completely redundant, i would like to see NGE redrawn with rebuilds budget.
>>
>>156065100
>no more Eva
>>
>>156064553
>FB_IMG
Fuck off scum
>>
>>156064565
They started last year when Anno finished Godzilla. People took a tweet from April saying that they were holding a meeting and were in production to mean that it was the start of production. But they'd already reported that they'd started last year.
It will probably be out in 2018.
>>
>>156064355
Is he dead ?
>>
>>156066343
>It will probably be out in 2012, after all 3.33 is half a movie and there will be additional screenings
>It will probably be out in 2013, because it's a jo ha kyu play except there will be a small fourth part trust me I read about this on wikipedia
>It will probably be out in 2014, look there's khara eva shorts it's gonna be out soon
>It will probably be out in 2015, ok maybe they were just reusing the voice actor but 2015 is the year
>It will probably be out in 2016, they've started production I swear my uncle works at Khara
>It will probably be out in 2017, maybe godzilla WAS 3.0 + 1.0
>It will probably be out in 2018, t. Anon #156066343

congratulations on demonstrating why Asukafags and Kaworufags are retards clamoring for yet another shitfest since their shit taste made them enjoy the pile of shit that was 3.33
>>
>>156066541
Hey, I think it will suck like 3.0 did. But they are actually working on the movie now. Before Godzilla the only thing reported on it was that Anno was rewriting and rewriting the script, creatively blocked.
>>
>>156064355

Im not exactly sure what went through on anno's head, but i think he screwed up and now cant think of a satisfying way to close up the series with rebuild.

I think he overdid and pulled a george lucas, which is fucking sad.
>>
>>156066639
reminder that they haven't even released the 3.33 "complete records collection".
>>
I watched the whole Tv and end of evangelion should I bother with the rebuilds. Tv and movie are my favorite tv shows and movie now so I feel like the rebuilds will just shit On that.
>>
>>156066671

Anno made NGE in 1995, finished the story in 1997. It was a smash hit, people loved it, and Rei was everyone's favorite character which Anno hated because his personal favorite was Asuka, a character that's an amalgam of his other favorite characters from other series. He becomes bitter, doesn't really want much to do with Evangelion and everything is half-hearted, he keeps being sour over Rei's popularity, etc...

Enter the Rebuilds: Anno's giant retcon to the original anime series where Evangelion gets flipturned upside down. Out the door goes plot, character, quality and everything just to make Asuka look cool and Rei look bad. Anno butters it up thick by giving Asuka lesbian lover yurifans can fantasize about and gives the waifufags the feeling of smug superiority by making Asuka into a super-strong angel-girl or something.

In the meantime, Rei is decried as a clone of Yui, is shown to have zero intelligence, and is more or less written out of the story. Because none of this makes sense whatsoever, because you can't make a story like this without making huge leaps of logic and retconning everything, naturally Rebuild sucks for everyone except Asuka fans and Kaworu fans at this stage.

>Why does the timeskip need to be 14 years
To introduce a plot hole where they can pretend the missing deveopment exists. It's a blanket excuse. All of you questions can be answered by "it happened in the timeskip". It's cheap handwaving.

>Why did Kaoru say he'd close the Door of Gauf if what stabbing 13 didn't close the Door?
No one knows, and they aren't supposed to know. It doesn't matter, it's supposed to confuse you and not make you ask questions like "hey, why does the plot suck", and "heeey, why is this kaworu-pandering so much in your face?".

Same goes for the rest. There are no answers because the story was written in order to just show and not tell.

Final will not answer anything important because it will reveal it all as a poorly written farce.
>>
File: shinji's penis.jpg (22KB, 148x177px) Image search: [Google]
shinji's penis.jpg
22KB, 148x177px
Why do you even care? It's pretty obvious that Anno's trying to kill the brand's prestige so that he can finally escape its shadow, so that he can go on to more mature artistic expressions of his inner self like Godzilla. Who wants to watch another intentionally sabotaged shitshow made by this manchild?
>>
>>156066773
He's trying to keep it alive as an unholy, mangled and amputated abomination fed by the detritus of Evangelion's worst fanbases, Asuka and Kaworu fans. Evangelion will never die, it will live forever as pure "ironic ota-criticizing" otaku-pandering. No one loves to talk about how much Anno hates otaku as the otaku. It's business in itself.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1897670015.jpg (8KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1897670015.jpg
8KB, 221x228px
>>156065584
>actually cares
>>
>>156066765
Watch them if you feel like it, but you're right that it will add nothing to your experience of the show and could only degrade the experience.
1.0 is a clip show of the series up to Ramiel battle. Redrawn with same shots, minimal new scenes, but it's not as good because the pacing is too rushed. The Ramiel scene is mostly new and really good though.
2.0 is a dumbed down version of the show around when Asuka arrives. It's a fun movie and the best in the series but it has some real stupid shit in it.
3.0 just sucks. It tries something admittedly really interesting to fuck with the audiences expectations but in execution it doesn't work. Pacing is really rushed so the whole movie is exposition and then the climax and the characters do dumb things for no good reason.

If you really love Eva, chances are you won't enjoy a lot of what the Rebuild does. It's not different enough to be its own thing and not similar enough to have the impact of the original. Some nice animation but that's it.
Here's the best scene of 2.22:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGzJOeyJgFM

If you're looking for more I recommend that instead you watch other Ann stuff: Gunbuster, Nadia, the first 2/3 of Kare Kano and Shin Godzilla. If you liked the more arthouse psychological elements of Eva his live action movies Love & Pop and Shiki-Jitsu are good and worth watching too.
>>
>>156064355
it will be shit. It's painfully clear that Anno has no idea what to do with Eva and cornered himself.
>>
>>156067122
>other Anno stuff
>>
>>156066769

>Implying real asuka fans like new asuka.

OG asuka was as fucked up in the head as shinji, strongly depressed, did some fucking terrible things and overall had good depth on her character.

Shikinami asuka is just her design + as much "look how she is cool" as possible, which just makes her feel like a generic shounen girl.
>>
File: 234512345.png (32KB, 1298x302px) Image search: [Google]
234512345.png
32KB, 1298x302px
>>156064355
>what does /a/ even want?
>>
>>156065100
>then that's it
>he really thinks so
Oh boy, do not tell me what you really believe that?
After the final we'll get a hundred more AU's or failed loops, or stuff like pucci Eva, school settings etc. The possibilities for Anno to make more money are endless.
>>
>>156066541
>maybe godzilla WAS 3.0 + 1.0

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>156067417
I'll take it if it forces Anno to let go and work on other things.
He wanted to make a Star Trek like anime in the aftermath of Eva but couldn't get funding. If it takes a million shitty spin-offs for us to get something like that then so be it.
>>
Im not even mad at the movies having rushed pacing or the retarded twists in 2.0 and 3.0.

Im mad, however, at the very real possiblity of annon retroactively ruining NGE and EoE with fucking time loop.

I just fucking hope anno goes "ohh, all that stuff? I was just messing with older fans, it isnt a sequel"
>>
>>156067507
I don't mind a good spin-off. Happy Eva for once.
Not like there ever going to be a good one, but eh.
>>
>>156067218
real asuka fans do not exist
>>
>Sequel theory is the only way to justify the crimes of Rebuild
>people are vehemently against it

what is wrong with you cunts?
what fucking meaning is there in Rebuild being a shitty retelling of Eva?
>>
>>156069062
Sequel to justify the sequel. We need more sequel over sequel over sequel.
sequel sequel sequel
>>
>>156069062
The "sequel theory" is part of the crime you fucking moron. Read >>156066769

learn it
love it
accept it
revolt
>>
>>156066343
the original claim was that it would air about half a year after 3.0 since they showed some shitty CG scenes at the end of that movie as previews of 4.0, and that Anno would release them in "Quick Succession"

well that was ages ago, imo, I don'gt give a shit if it never comes, after the shitfest that was 3.0 I couldn't care less about Anno emptying his bowels on the big screen ever again.

Anyone who's unironically still excited deserves to wait another 10 years for that absolutey pile of dogshit it's no doubt going to be.
>>
>>156064355
Maybe someone accidentally deleted the movie instead of moving a file or something and they had to redo it all right before release
I'd like to think its all due to human error
Like making 3.0
>>
>>156069062

Eoe was already a great canon ending for the series. Since day one the idea of topping it was really improbable, now it is pretty much impossible. People dont like when their self contained masterpiece gets a underwhelming and unasked sequel.

What is wrong with an retelling/spin off/alternate universe?
>>
>>156069062
Now it has been a while since I watched Eoe or the Rebuilds
But for some reason I thought Eoe like reset the universe and the Rebuilds were taking place in that new universe where the 3rd impact happens
I need to rewatch the show + Eoe anyway
>>
File: Asukasip3.jpg (236KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
Asukasip3.jpg
236KB, 650x700px
>>156069062
>Sequel theory is the only way to justify the crimes of Rebuild
If you put any thought into it at all, you'd realize it would only make everything worse.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491949586180.jpg (120KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491949586180.jpg
120KB, 720x1280px
>>156064355
I just hope that eva can rest in pieces for once, i don't care about the end of this journey, i'm just not enjoying it anymore.
>>
File: unit-02.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
unit-02.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>156064355
Who else thinks it'll be near the 30th anniversary of Eva when the last Rebuild movie comes out?

>mfw
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (31KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
31KB, 639x481px
>>156064553
>FB_IMG_1491175265428.jpg
>>
File: 1482759247345.jpg (36KB, 443x451px) Image search: [Google]
1482759247345.jpg
36KB, 443x451px
>>156072319
>leaving Eva pumped, dumped, and all used up with no one to love her on her 30th birthday
Pottery.
>>
shin godzilla made me regain hope again
>>
They just said like 10 days officially ago that they were "working hard" on it.
>>
>>156073747

>Anno
>Working hard on anything ever
>>
Not going to lie, I unironically like the Rebuild movies. My only complaint about 3.33 is just that it means missing out on all the cool shit that was shown in the previews at the end of 2.22 and probably a bunch of other cool stuff that's implied to have happened. I liked the movie itself. Possibly helps that I have no favourite waifu/husbando.
My only complaint now is that where the _fuck_ is the last one what the fuck man.
>>
>>156074090
You are unintelligent and you have shit taste.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.