[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new s/2017-04-18/isekai-shok

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: C9rYxgoUIAAIoDf.jpg (43KB, 314x462px) Image search: [Google]
C9rYxgoUIAAIoDf.jpg
43KB, 314x462px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-18/isekai-shokudo-tv-anime-staff-visual-summer-premiere-revealed/.114970

We isekai SoL now?
>>
File: isekai shokudou.jpg (698KB, 885x1280px) Image search: [Google]
isekai shokudou.jpg
698KB, 885x1280px
Looks extremely comfy.
M-Maybe isekai ain't so bad after all.
>>
>>156053158
>we isekai SoL now
Finally, maybe something good will come out of this shitty trend.
>>
File: Juuni Kokuki.jpg (91KB, 736x520px) Image search: [Google]
Juuni Kokuki.jpg
91KB, 736x520px
>>156053387
There is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with the isekai concept. It's just being written almost exclusively by talentless hacks who couldn't write an original scenario to save their lives.
>>
>>156053387
I dig narou WNs, hopefully they take over the anime industry and purge all normalfags.
>>
>>156053387
Plenty of isekai LNs are SoL in nature.
>>
So the door to their cafe appears in a different fantasy realm every week?
>>
>>156053449
Very much this, it's only a plot device to start up a fantasy story. Fantasy stories slipping / teleporting from one world to another is practically the same concept.

The problem is the market is starving for ideas and has now turned towards people who aren't professionals to feed this need. Sort of like gatcha pulls with what the net has produced.
>>
>>156053158
High probability that it will be boring rather than the right mix of comfy and engaging.
>>
>>156053158
>>156053287
This art looks so comfy I feel asleep for a moment.
>>
File: 1454970680677.jpg (945KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454970680677.jpg
945KB, 1920x1080px
The apex of isekai has already been reached, it was just squandered. With luck, this will revitalize it enough for Grimgar to get a S2.
>>
>>156053387
It's not shitty, it's just you and alot of people making it shitty with bad writing and annoying as hell fuckers of both sides of the fans and contrarians.
>>
>>156053158

Nothing wrong with isekai per se. It's the overpowered edgelord MCs and the contrived, pandering stories they are in that is the problem.
>>
Grimgar season 2 when
>>
What's even the fucking point of shoehorning Isekai into this shit. Can't they just do a fucking SoL series set in a fucking fantasy world.
>>
So that's three isekai shows in the summer so far. Are we expecting any more?
>>
>The Western Style Cathouse.

>Near the business district and nestled in a poor corner of the shopping district, in the first basement floor of a multi-business building.

>From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. is lunch time, and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. is dinner time.

>During holidays and weekends, the business district becomes empty.

>Lunch is up to 1000 yen. You have your free choice of rice, bread and soup and it’s a good variety.

>On the signboard mounted on the store’s entrance is the image of a beckoning cat. The cat’s bell is the main feature of this mascot. My cat-loving grandpa left this small store to me who, if I had to say, liked dogs better.

>In other words, an average restaurant you can find anyway.

>…Ah, but there’s one thing that’s different from other places.

>Every Saturday, the store has some very special guests come in, and it becomes a business day.

>Shouldn’t the store be closed? That’s right. That’s why it’s a special sale.
>Only on Saturday, we welcome only these special customers, and because of that, superficially it’s a holiday.

>Even I don’t know when my grandpa started doing this.

>But, ‘Those on the Other Side’ call this place ‘The Other World Dining Hall’.

Even the synopsis is comfy

>>156054548
nah, this one gets a pass from me. they need the isekai for the story since the whole point is that the shop becomes open for the fantasy shop during certain days.
>>
>>156054707
Isn't there another cooking one coming up? But its visitors are humans instead?
>>
>>156054707
3?
>the phone isekai
>restaurant isekai
and what else?
>>
>>156054435
Those are big problems in non-isekai anime too though.
>>
>>156054782
Mecha isekai?
>>
>>156054802
that one clearly should not be isekai. it's plot would work perfectly without the MC having to be a reincarnator.
>>
>>156054802
muvluv already did it anyway
>>
File: CagliostroArt.png (1MB, 720x890px) Image search: [Google]
CagliostroArt.png
1MB, 720x890px
FUCK they got my attention. Moss is my biggest weakness when it comes to art. just looks amazing to me.
>>
>>156054066
>>156053449
Yeah and the "modern protagonist" in the fantasy setting serves a dual purpose of requiring all the laws of the fantasy world being explained to them and thus the audience, and the author can drop pop culture references or have them act like the author thinks a modern teenager acts rather than trying to write a person from a different culture.
>>
>>156054859
> it's plot would work perfectly without the MC having to be a reincarnator
That includes like 80% of narou.
>>
>>156053158
>isekai SoL
Felt like Grimgar did this half the time, with the pace it was going at and all.
Wouldn't mind this if it's executed well, but that's the crux here.
>>
>>156055141
i hope that 20% is what gets an adaptation instead.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.