[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a question, why was this animated? Yes it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: logh.jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
logh.jpg
82KB, 800x513px
Here's a question, why was this animated?

Yes it's a beautiful masterwork of craft and skill, but in what way did the medium help the storytelling? Everything could have been acted out instead and shot live action.

Try to answer something other than just "2D>3D"
>>
2D > 3D
A cast that big would've cost too much and taken a decade to shoot
>>
>>155938731

"You can go anywhere in the galaxy for the price of a bucket of paint." -the faggot who wrote the Anime Encyclopedia
>>
>>155938484
Why make it in live action when you can animate it?
>>
3D < 2D
>>
>>155939624
What did the medium of animation do for LOGH?
>>
Because it found an audience that was willing to finance each episode using the OVA model.

That sort of shit does not exist for live action.
>>
>>155942470
dudes getting their heads chopped off without toku level effects

different environments and architecture without having to go all around the world to shoot on location
>>
Sci-fi and animation complement each other very well, you can do literally whatever the fuck you want on any scale you want without ever breaking suspension of disbelief, for a comparably small budget.
>>
>>155942470
The space battles are probably cheaper to animate than to film, especially with the state of CGI back then.

Every scene taking place in the Empire would have to be shot outside of Japan. The documentary episodes alone would've cost a considerable part of the budget.
>>
>>155943117
>Every scene taking place in the Empire would have to be shot outside of Japan.

On the upside: They could have met someone telling them the author got a lot of German names wrong.
To this day I'm left wondering what the hell happened there. This seems like something at least Tanaka's editor should have realized.
>>
>>155938484
>no market existed for long form Space Opera outside anime
>bishounen
>would have been impossible to display the same racially diverse cast because of budget, taking away a huge part of the show's history
>space battles would have looked like garbage
>interseting backgrounds would all be shitty sets
pick any one of a thousand reasons
>>
>Show about space germans and space soviets
>Let's have an all-japanese cast.

Yeah, I'm sure that would've worked..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.