[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey! Haven't I seen you before?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 117

File: 君の名は.jpg (438KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
君の名は.jpg
438KB, 1280x720px
Hey! Haven't I seen you before?!
>>
>>155894338
>eye cancer
No, I haven't.
>>
>N-no. I don't think so
>*keeps walking*
>*credits roll*
>>
this movie had too much crying
>>
You can tell they spent the next several months fucking like rabbits without ever going of of their room.
>>
>>155894467
Fucking someone other than him
>>
>>155894621
Shinkai didn't shit on the whole romance aspect for once, let them be happy.
>>
>>155894467
Mitsuha did with her new boyfriend after realizing that she had no chemistry with Taki.
>>
seriously though how did she convince her dad to evacuate the town?
>>
>>155894716
She didn't
>>
>>155894716
She told him that the meteorite will split (which is also what she most likely told Teshi, which is why he acted all "look dad I told you this would happen" when it did). If you tell them of such an unlikely event and it actually ends up happening then people are very likely to believe you that the town is about to be blown up. Even if its unlikely. You just predicted an unlikely event so who would really question you? Kimi no na wa has way more illogical aspects than that.
>>
>>155894716
She guessed that the commander would do a crazy ivan to the left at the bottom of the hour.
It was 50/50 really.
>>
>>155894716
Fellatio
>>
File: mitsuha 02.jpg (268KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha 02.jpg
268KB, 1000x1000px
>>155894716
The comet was literally already split by the time she fell on the road. There's nothing much to do than to tell her dad to look out the window and tell everyone to run to the high school. Hence why some got injured.
>>
>>155894338
Yeah, on 4chan.
>>
>>155894716
how did they not realize the difference in years?

how did they get away with blowing up a transformer station?
>>
>>155899256
the time difference really trips me up
>>
>>155899256
Why didn't they just write their names and addresses in each other's phones?
>>
>>155899256
Stop it. Kimi no na wa is a movie for the heart, not the brain. There are too many things that make no sense and they just pile up by the end of movie. The more you think about them, the more issues you will encounter. Especially since people will try to explain them away. We've been over this dozens of times in these threads already.
>>
>>155899361
They would have known the second they looked at their phone too.
>>
>>155899403
>is a movie for the heart
This is not an excuse for plot holes.
>>
>>155899410
this, even just seeing the news or a date literally anywhere.
even like a different version of LINE.
>>
File: Mitsuha actually happens.jpg (241KB, 1843x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuha actually happens.jpg
241KB, 1843x1029px
Hello?
Is it me you're looking for?
>>
>>155899469
sorry to say it, but she looked cuter as a high schooler with short hair.
>>
File: Mitsuha 41.jpg (223KB, 850x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuha 41.jpg
223KB, 850x1512px
>>155899486
She grew her hair because she subconsciously knew that Taki liked her long her.
>>
>>155899432
It quite literally is. The goal of watching a film is to enjoy it. If you deliberately focus on an extraneous detail in order to negatively impact your enjoyment of the film then you're the mental equivalent to a person that jams their foot against the floorboard because they felt that their morning wasn't bad enough
>>
>>155899432
There no point in going over all the flaws because people just pretend that they dont exist. Like I said, we've been over this dozens of times already. Kimi no na wa has a shit ton of issues, a shit ton of situations and actions that create a pretty big disconnect as soon as you put some thought into it. To some thats a massive issue (me for example), to others its irrelevant. Them not noticing the year is just the tip of the iceberg.

More subtle stuff is the train scene that is basically implying that adults will bodyblock a bunch of children who are yelling their names at eachother. Or the fact that Mitsuha returns to her village being frustrated, even though Taki having shown interest to her just 5 minutes earlier. The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for. It goes on and on and on so do yourself a favor and dont even start. I've been mad over the wasted potential ever since the first caprip got released.
>>
>>155899566
>in order to negatively impact your enjoyment of the film
I'm not doing that though. I like the film, and the plot holes don't get in the way of my enjoyment, I just like discussing plot holes because they're fun to discuss.
>>
>>155899566
Kimi no na was problem is that you dont even need to focus on finding these issues. They basically jump into your face while watching the movie for the second time (some of them even when you watch it for the first time, but its less likely because you might not realize them due to being too emotionally involved)
>>
>>155894338
君の名前は

I don't know if it was all the memes but this didn't impact me as strong as I'd like it too.
>>
>>155894467
Doujins when? There are depressingly few.
>>
>>155894716
The comet had already split, plus lake itomori had been formed by a crater so it wouldn't be hard to convince him at that point.
>>
>>155894395
BRAVO SHINKAI
>>
Is this the Interstellar of anime?
>>
>>155899839
damn it pretty much is
>>
>>155899839
>body swapping
Nah it's a cheap imitation of Avatar.
>>
>>155899839
Donnie Darko + Freaky Friday
>>
Just got home from the theater after watching this a second time.

This fucking movie really stirs you up. You go through the whole range of emotion by the end of it, and the feelings stick with you. For some reason it feels kind of terrible. I thought watching the movie a second time would help but I feel even more confused and empty now.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Zk7ojY9bHb

I've only got a really bad headset mic but playing this theme on the accordion is very relaxing.
>>
>>155894338
KISAMA WHAT'S YOUR KIMI NO NA WA?
>>
>>155894338

Ya lol I felt up ur tiddies like 29 times lol
>>
>>155899645
Yeah I loved the movie on my first watch, really choked me up at some parts. Im not one to usually just excuse plotholes or blatant flaws either. Im guessing theres no way Ill be able to ignore them a second time though
>>
>>155901633
I feel you man.
Its because we will never be as complete and fulfilled as the two are watching two people we are watching.
>>
>>155899402

They did. At least, they left their names and phone numbers. Remember when Taki tries calling Mitsuha but gets an out-of-service message?

But like the Mitsuha's journal entries in Taki's phone, I would imagine they would have just disappeared too. Mitsuha's address wouldn't have been all that useful anyway since her home is long gone in Taki's time.
>>
>>155894338
Reeeeeee every fuckin anime has this shitty incomplete ending. A kiss would have been enough but nooo a fuckin ambiguous end is what the public deserver right huehuehue
>>
>>155899573

The point isn't that you don't acknowledge the faults, it's that some of them seem like nitpicking and ignore the REAL issues, at least to me. Shit like the dates is kind of silly, I can't think of seeing anything that says 2017 outside of my PC for ages, and it's not like either are avid gamers. Besides, the whole dream aspect cleans a lot of that shit up.

>More subtle stuff is the train scene that is basically implying that adults will bodyblock a bunch of children who are yelling their names at eachother.
Have you BEEN on a train in Japan? I can tell you that it's not those adults who don't want to stop, it's the force of 500 people moving in unison. A train exit-enter is impossible to stop nearly just due to the momentum.

>Mitsuha returns to her village being frustrated, even though Taki having shown interest to her just 5 minutes earlier.
Gee, maybe it's the fact that he didn'tr emember her.

>The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for.
Well, that's kind of silly. To me it seems the movie was more about how they affect one anthers development by changing their environments. Taki does bold things as Mitsuha, which encourages Mitsuha to become bolder. Mitsuha is more lively and outgoing as Taki, and Taki sees the positive changes in his life from being more sensitive. By the end of the movie he's a lot meeker. The idea that they don't share any reason to love one another is silly. Not every romance has to show 50 minutes of platonic friendship, though I will admit I would've liked to see more body swap sequences.

I wouldn't say that invalidates anything, though. It was foreshadowed, too, in the train scene. They have memories of the emotions they felt, just not the events. And now they'll create all new memories.
>>
>>155899403
>Kimi no na wa is a movie for the heart
lol
>>
>>155905763
>Implying it was ambiguous
They fucked like rabbits in an ally somewhere near the stairs
>>
>>155899256
the meteor took out the transformer station, so it turned out fine in the end I guess. That or the transformer station didn't have a city to power in the end so it wouldn't have made a difference if it was intact or not.
>>
>>155901458
don't you fucking dare compare this movie to trash like Donnie Darko
>>
>>155905956
I know man its just... i wanted to see it, just to get a little closure you know
>>
>>155899517
Long her is the best!
>>
>>155899256
>how did they get away with blowing up a transformer station?
The comet erased all the evidence.
>>
File: 1492149146057.webm (273KB, 650x570px) Image search: [Google]
1492149146057.webm
273KB, 650x570px
>>155905956
what
>>
>>155899256
It felt like a dream to both of them, so they weren't focused on all the details. Plus, Shinkai describes them as being frantic and not paying attention. I think he says in an interview that they were too preoccupied to piece things together.
>>
File: 1492230538612.png (2MB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
1492230538612.png
2MB, 1274x722px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ze62AL9r0

20 year old Mitsuha is cute!
>>
Shitty ass montage movie.
>>
How old is Okudera-senpai?
>>
>>155894716
family
>>
Mitsuha is a good girl.
>>
Why is that initially, Tessie and Sayaka react to Mitsuha's hair at night right before the comet strikes, and then the second time around, they react in the day at school? Wouldn't they have seen it at school the first time around too?
>>
>>155909884
Maybe mitsuha sat in her room all day because Taki-kun made her depressed
>>
>>155909884
She must've stayed at home that day initially. I think she said so when she was talking to Tessie on the phone.
>>
>>155909884

She spent the day at home in the "bad end" timeline (being heartbroken because she didn't understand why Taki didn't recognize her.)
>>
Can we take a moment to recognize the lengths Teshi is willing to go for someone he loves?

>Notices Mitsuha starts acting strangely one morning, but more or less rolls with it
>Doesn't question her when she starts talking about a paranoid delusion that the town will be destroyed
>Doesn't hesitate to commit an act of terrorism when she asks him
>>
>>155910201
On a rewatch, I noticed that he's blushing from the very first time he shows up on his bike.
>>
File: stealin' yo' gurl.png (869KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stealin' yo' gurl.png
869KB, 1280x720px
>>155910201
>>
>>155910696
Sayaka was lowkey best girl
>>
>>155905942
>Besides, the whole dream aspect cleans a lot of that shit up.
You have to agree that it is a very inefficient handwave.
Both of them had extremely detailed and very clear dreams that they remebered clearly during the time they exchanged bodies.
And not knowing the year? Come on man.
>>
>>155911217
I remember having dreams where everything made perfect sense, despite being bizarre and inconsistent. Whatever the case, you'll have to accept it with good faith. Matter as well ask why they waited in calling the other. It just never crossed their mind to do so.
>>
>>155911217
>>155911485
they still could've written it down to let the other know
>>
>>155911070
go go aoi yuuki
>>
>>155911217
>Both of them had extremely detailed and very clear dreams that they remebered clearly during the time they exchanged bodies.
And yet Taki couldn't even remember the name of the town he was living in while bodyswapped, even on the day of the date, when there was no active memory loss happening.

A lot of the details of their body swap experiences they didn't remember when they went back. That is very clear by the nature of the notes they left behind, though their memory did appear to be improving over time.
>>
>>155911485
>Matter as well ask why they waited in calling the other.
They tried early on but it wouldn't connect so they left memos in their phones instead.

Mitsuha tried when she got to Tokyo because she thought that maybe it would work then, but of course not.

And of course Taki didn't have the same phone number three years before.
>>
>>155911871
It's pretty clearly typical dream memory issues. I've had detailed dreams, even narratively coherent ones, that I still can't remember all the pieces of even after writing them down immediately after waking. Part of the problem with dreams is your brain is incredibly good at pretending it has all the necessary pieces of something for it to make sense, even if they don't actually exist. In a dream, you often believe everything fits together without a second thought. In actuality, those pieces were never even there which is why you can notice it sometimes and jolt yourself out of it by realizing it's a dream. It's not just that your forgot, you literally never knew. You just skipped over that detail and kept on going as if everything that was needed was there.

The conflict here is that all the pieces actually were real, so the same thing doesn't really work. But it's going off that dream logic anyway.
>>
So I guess the BD is released, huh?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk

I cry everytime.
>>
>>155894428
The characters or the audience?
>>
>>155912125
ha ha no
>>
>>155912139
Very unfunny, but is that interpolated to 50 fps?
>>
>it's another "/a/ being tsundere toward Kimi no Na Wa" episode
>>
File: 1491749642023.png (28KB, 135x168px) Image search: [Google]
1491749642023.png
28KB, 135x168px
>tfw no gf like mitsuha
>>
>>155912192
Stats say it's 30 fps, but it does appear to be interpolated.
>>
>>155912125
Fuck no. Why the fuck would you even think that?
>>
File: 1492256182877.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492256182877.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
君の縄。
>>
>>155899573
I like to think that they started regaining their memories, or at least felt something significant, when they finally introduced themselves to each other.
>>
>>155905942
Your post is precisely what I meant. People like you try very hard to "explain away the issues", being unable to understand that these issues create an insane level of disconnect to others.

>Have you BEEN on a train in Japan?
Probably more often than you so I know that what you're saying is a load of horse shit. This isnt Tokyo main station we are talking about where 500 people leave the train at once. Its some random ass station that has a few of them leave. I've seen in countless times that people simply brute force doors to stay open so that they could finish a conversation, and yes that was in Japan.

>maybe it's the fact that he didn'tr emember her
Which is still an overkill reaction since he responded and showed interest. Cutting off your hair for that, which is essentially marking a new part of your life, makes no sense wahtsoever.

>The idea that they don't share any reason to love one another is silly.
The reason for their love for each other was the change they underwent. If they can not recall that, then there are no actual feelings. If you wanna take the "love at first sight" route here then be my guest and do it. However, that doesnt change the fact that some people arent going to willingly ignore these issues as quickly as you do.

Kimi no na wa has countless of problems that have the potential to create a disconnect between movie and viewer. That doesnt mean its bad, but it sure as hell means that its way more flawed than the average viewer will admit.
>>
>>155913661
>If they can not recall that, then there are no actual feelings
This is simply wrong. Actual amnesia sufferers tend to recall emotional attachments and skills even if they no longer recall the actual events that led to their creation. This is because the brain doesn't store all this information as memories in the same place.

Dreams work the same way. They often evoke an emotional response even when the dream itself has been forgotten or never even had an actual memory in the first place. The brain is the emotional organ of the body, creating emotional responses it what is does. This is what the movie hinges the epilogue on: emotions that linger long after the memories that created them have faded.

>countless of problems
It's got a few, the impact of which heavily varies between posters.
>>
>>155899410
>>155899361
>>155899256
>>155899456
They were dreaming. They literally state that part of the reason they start writing things down is because they have a hard time remembering things when they switch back and forth.
>>
>>155913661
>Which is still an overkill reaction
Have you ever been in love?
>>
>>155894338
Would've loved this movie only if it wasn't for the body swapping.
>>
>>155899942
Only without the betraying your humanity for green shit and blue pussy
>>
File: 1492102465994.jpg (57KB, 818x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492102465994.jpg
57KB, 818x750px
>>155913925
I'm kind of surprised you ended up seeing it, since that was how it was pitched in the first place.
>>
>>155913113
I didn't notice the bondage at first and thought this was a Takagi-san cosplay
>>
>>155913925
Then you won't love it to begin with because it will be a completely different film.
>>
File: NQCOMDD.jpg (554KB, 1272x1094px) Image search: [Google]
NQCOMDD.jpg
554KB, 1272x1094px
>you will never get to masterbate with mitsuhas body
>>
>>155914655
>even thinking about lewding the pure miko

Apply yourself.
>>
>>155899573
>The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for.

But that's the whole point of the movie you idiot: everyone has a person dear to them they have yet to know, but that encounter will happen eventually!
The viewer observes the hardships Taki and Mitsuha have endured before finally meeting. It is important to notice the quest given to them by the shinto divinity prevent a catrastophe from happening, but it's not what causes them to find each other years later in Tokyo: linked by the red string of fate, the power of their love lead them back together, and that is another mysterious mechanism of fate you get a glimpse of.
The fact that they don't remember anything that happened other than having the strange sensation of it being destiny's work is something you can relate to: every important encounter in your life hides a miracle!
That's a very joyous and positive message, it fills you with will to live, knowing there is an hidden meaning behind everything that you have yet to discover.

It is such a sorry situation that you couldn't enjoy the movie because of your autistic obsession on finding everything that might be a plot hole just to shit on the movie, not even trying to link the pieces back together.

>the train scene [...]
you don't know how is it to cath a train in Japan and it shows your lack of culture

>>155899256
>how did they not realize the difference in years?
Have you ever dreamed? Do you know that your rational side is sleeping and that's the reason the you inside the dream doesn't realize it is one even with all the strange shit happening around him? And that if you figure out it's a dream you wake up immediately? (just like what happened when the granda told him he was dreaming)
>>
>>155901458
Add in some The Lake House and you're good.
>>
>>155909828
Was that supposed to be original ending or something? I hope they include this shit in the BD.
>>
>>155909884
She didn't go to school for like 2 days (first day was the Tokyo trip and then her grandma cutting her hair in the evening, the second day just moping around at home). Tessie calls her and she even says that she's alright.
>>
>>155894338
I'm not falling for that scam again. Nice try.
>>
File: 1482471358804.jpg (136KB, 1030x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1482471358804.jpg
136KB, 1030x1020px
>mfw no fate defying anime love story
>>
>>155915967
That's the worst part about watching movies like this, it makes you long for romance that doesn't exist in real life
>>
I know I'm gonna sound like a retard who didn't pay attention, but I've got a few questions

A major plot point is them trying to figure out each other's name, but didn't they both already know it? Mitsuha calls Taki Taki, and Taki calls Mitsuha Mitsuha

What was with the marker scene? Why did Mitsuha just disappear?

Is the answer to most things just "shinto magic"?
>>
>>155916062
On a number of occassions, dreams are brought up. The reason why they are forgetting each other names is because that's just how that shit works, and it's supposed to be dream-like in that you may have incredibly vivid dreams one evening, and then completely forget what happened in them later that day. And even their phones get affected by that shit, so it's probably best to not overthink it. And Mitsuha disappeared because that twilight hour thing was over. They even mention it's ending shortly before she disappears.

Just remember, it's musubi, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>155916062
When their little magical connection comes undone, they forget it ever happened. They even showed Taki's hand at one point where the characters he was trying to write to recall Mistuha's name simply vanished. It was magical memory-loss to accompany the magical circumstances of their meeting.
>>
>>155899517
>she subconsciously knew
Mitsuha is super adorable.
>>
>>155899403
>>155899432
>>155899566
Ive heard it said that japs dont care so much for plotholes, they go more for the emotional effect.
>>
>>155916062
>What was with the marker scene? Why did Mitsuha just disappear?
You have to remember what the teacher explained at the beginning of the movie

彼は誰 KA・WA・TARE
誰 = who
彼 = him
it's an archaism for the modern day word 黄昏 TASO・GARE, which means twilight.
Twilight you have to know, is the time where day meets night, when you can see the shapes of objects but you can't really make out what they are, it is therefore the time when you tend to ask "who is him?"
In the local Hida dialect the word becomes KATAWARE.
Considering that you can realize that twilight is the perfect time to mistake what you're seeing, hence why most supernatural sightings happen during that time.
This is the reason why KATAWAREDOKI is the time where multiple worlds meet (Taki's and Mitsuha's) and why once it's over they become separated again.
>>
>>155916804
Anyone who watches anime should be aware of this by now.
>>
>>155899256
>>155899361
They don't remember the switches 100%, to them it's like waking up from a dream. In a dream you don't typically take note of what day of the week it is or what year it is.

They hint at this when Taki gets dressed for school as Mitsuha on a weekend. They don't have any real perception of time and are dependent on notes / alarms / repeating what they've done before.
>>
>>155916062

It's like how the grandma said, musubi is time and threads, they sometimes split, break, and come back together again.
>>
>>155909884
Because in the original timeline she skipped school due to feeling depressed as hell.
Tessie originally called her because he was worried about her and wanted to make sure she'd make it to the festival
>>
>>155910201
Cock blocked by a boy 3 years younger than him traveling to the past from the future and a giant comet of FUCK YOU.

But honestly he and Sayaka get along better, they just didn't want to admit it until they got older.
>>
>>155910201
Are we sure it's love and not just the unbreakable bond of friendship?

Also for blowing shit it up. I think that was also him being motivated to give his father a big 'fuck you'.
>>
File: 1492204697171.png (269KB, 850x425px) Image search: [Google]
1492204697171.png
269KB, 850x425px
Manga showing Taki's first day as Mitsu when!?
>>
>>155910201

Teshi is also into the occult, so he's probably one of the few people in the town that actually would roll with mitsuha's story about the comet.
>>
File: 1491834581296.jpg (485KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491834581296.jpg
485KB, 1280x720px
>You'll never find a guy as cute and determined as Mitsuha
>You'll never have such a life changing moment early on with the girl you eventually end up with, that it could be made into a romantic anime movie / series
This is what really hits me the hardest.
>>
>>155918500

It hurts
>>
>>155909828
That would've been a much better ending, IMO.
>>
>>155918500
When you learn to accept that life is not like an anime and it's terrible, you'll find inner peace.
>>
I wasted my money on this movie. I thought it would be a real Shinkai movie not a lame everyone lives happily ever after movie.
>>
File: 12835768719203.jpg (504KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
12835768719203.jpg
504KB, 1280x688px
>>155918625
To be honest I kind of agree with you, I was not rooting for a happy ending even WITH all the bait build up.
>>
File: 1486038724669.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486038724669.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>155918500
>>155918557
>>155918624
Maybe this is why Shinkai told people to not watch the movie because it was unhealthy.
Maybe this is why most his movies have anti climactic endings that say "FUCK YOU" and have the characters end up just repeating the status quo.

Because those moments you think are going to turn into an awesome love story never actually do.
>>
>>155894338
HIGHER ON THE STREET
>>
File: tmp_9528-14912678035781646238572.png (207KB, 425x1275px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9528-14912678035781646238572.png
207KB, 425x1275px
>>155918624

But that's the reason I watch anime, escapism from my mundane life.

I just want to be happy...
>>
>>155918666
Only Yesterday is truly the pinnacle of anime films, huh.
>>
>>155918624
>life is not like an anime
No shit?
>it's terrible
Grow the fuck up you dumb cellphone posters.
>>
File: Mitsuha (male).jpg (96KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuha (male).jpg
96KB, 1334x750px
Reminder to watch Mitsuha's cooking show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HqGOq7oig
>>
>>155919110
>The normalfag who hasn't gotten slapped down by reality yet.
>>
Is this movie better than Disappearance? I was blown away by both but it's been so long since I watched Disappearance that I don't remember it well at all.
>>
>>155919187
>3D
No thanks.

Also, was it me or did Mitsuha not wear a bra when she was time sharing?
>>
Is Mitsuha a dom or a sub?
>>
>>155919277

Depends on you Anon, some people this movie really resonates with others not at all.

I would say see it if you can if it's playing near you.
>>
>>155919299
she started wearing a bra and less revealing clothing to bed
>>
File: 1492210915377.webm (3MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1492210915377.webm
3MB, 480x269px
>>155919544
Normal sleeping wear?
>>
>>155919628
well that's a nightie and the next boob fondling scenes she's wearing top and bottom pyjamas and a bra
>>
>>155907040
I feel you anon

I just want to see more happy moments with the two

At least give me a kiss you know
>>
>>155919707
>And a bra
Explain
>>
>>155919804

She doesn't want him to see her breasts
>>
File: file.png (591KB, 1204x680px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
591KB, 1204x680px
>>155919804
>>
File: 1491877324078.jpg (11KB, 201x219px) Image search: [Google]
1491877324078.jpg
11KB, 201x219px
>Mitsuha
>>
I always thought Kimi No Na Wa is supposed to be an explanation for love at first sight
>>
Was the songs subtitled too in the subs versions shown in the US cinema?
>>
>>155913661
>>155905942
>>155899573
>actually having autism
>>
File: 1467561807213.jpg (274KB, 852x706px) Image search: [Google]
1467561807213.jpg
274KB, 852x706px
I love her so much
>>
>>155902327
That's cute, why not post the full version on youtube
>>
>>155905956
It was a pretty pure movie though, so it's more like they went straight to a government office, finding out each other's names as they wrote them on the marriage registration form.
>>
File: mitsuha 01.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha 01.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>tfw loved the Mitsuha running scene so much that I go for morning jogs to get /fit/ in the case of giant meteor fragments falling in moment's time

And in some sense, feeling a lot happier in mood.
>>
File: 1489109614566.jpg (3MB, 2500x1724px) Image search: [Google]
1489109614566.jpg
3MB, 2500x1724px
>>155918431

Not soon enough, although its kinda part of the theme I would love to have seen the Take swapped parts

First Act: pretty much entirely from Mitsuha's perspective
Second Act: pretty much entirely from Taki perspective
Third Act: mostly Mitsuha's
Finale: both of them.
>>
>>155921227
Best scene in the move.
>>
>watching anime supernova on nhk world
>its a Shinkai episode
>suddenly a 2-3 minutes of zen zen zens in english

Cringe, you guys have shit taste.
>>
>be in full anticipation for the movie finally coming to theaters where I live
>release date passes, but my local theater never plays it
>a few days later, it's not even advertised on the national cinema homepage anymore

I assume it got like 10 views nationally and was immediately pulled from every theater or something. Just wish I had got the chance to see it.
>>
>>155911217
>Both of them had extremely detailed and very clear dreams that they remembered clearly during the time they exchanged bodies.
Not really. The whole dream aspect is constantly being alluded to, and they're never really shown to remember too many details. Not to say it's a perfect resolution, but it's not just a terrible gaping plothole either.

Or, more precisely, year aside, there's also a billion other indicators that the year's different shown in the movie. It's not like seeing the calendar is the ONLY way to know something's up, yet the characters never notice the hints in the movie either. From different phone models to misaligned days of the week and that goddamn comet. There was plenty of evidence that the years are different even in the movie, and characters are confronted with them plenty, they just didn't notice it.
>>
>>155923234
it's not just the characters, it's also the viewers: in hindsight you can rewatch the movie and notice all the details exposing the time difference
>>
>>155913661
>Your post is precisely what I meant. People like you try very hard to "explain away the issues", being unable to understand that these issues create an insane level of disconnect to others.
Don't get me wrong, the movie has genuine issues. From the awkward rotoscoping to the weird opening animation to some scenes that drag on a little too long to just awkward shot composition and cinematoraphy. But all you're doing is nitpicking at tiny plot detail that are pretty well justified, because they're one iota off what you consider "normal" human behavior.

If you want to critique the movie, do it based on themes or the integrity of the plot or the execution and animation. Picking at the justification of small plot details is the most pathetic and petty way to look at a movie, done only by idiots who can't pick apart the layers and analyse the subtext or execution. It's like saying, "there's no way they'd burn Rosebud, everyone in the WORLD heard Kane's last words."

Granted, I'm trying to defend it on those levels, so maybe I'm contributing to the silliness.
>>
>>155923472

yep, i keep noticing new things every time I watch it.
>>
File: 61142846_p0_master1200.jpg (654KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p0_master1200.jpg
654KB, 849x1200px
This was the actual ending before it got fixed by the producer's suggestion.
>>
File: 61142846_p1_master1200.jpg (500KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p1_master1200.jpg
500KB, 849x1200px
>>155924076
>>
File: 61142846_p2_master1200.jpg (618KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p2_master1200.jpg
618KB, 849x1200px
>>155924115
>>
>>155924076
>>155924115
STOP! DO NOT WANT
>>
File: 61142846_p3_master1200.jpg (661KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p3_master1200.jpg
661KB, 849x1200px
>>155924177
>>
File: mitsuha shake.gif (673KB, 498x652px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha shake.gif
673KB, 498x652px
>>155924177
MOU YAMEROOOOO!
>>
File: 62361669_p0.jpg (549KB, 1010x676px) Image search: [Google]
62361669_p0.jpg
549KB, 1010x676px
>>155924076

I will hurt you, if this ends badly
>>
File: 61142846_p4_master1200.jpg (481KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p4_master1200.jpg
481KB, 849x1200px
>>155924232
>>
File: 1480147808504.jpg (19KB, 315x326px) Image search: [Google]
1480147808504.jpg
19KB, 315x326px
>>155924076
>>155924115
>>155924177
>>155924232
>>
File: 61142846_p5_master1200.jpg (514KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p5_master1200.jpg
514KB, 849x1200px
>>155924279
>>
>>155924076
>>155924115
>>155924177
>>155924232
>>155924279
>>155924324
Might've made the movie better. There are too few bittersweet endings in cinema overall.
>>
File: 61142846_p6_master1200.jpg (15KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p6_master1200.jpg
15KB, 849x1200px
>>155924324
Kimi no initial speed wa
>>
File: 61142846_p7_master1200.jpg (386KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p7_master1200.jpg
386KB, 849x1200px
>>155924459
>>155924437

You know, Mitsuha is so stronk.
>>
File: 61142846_p8_master1200.jpg (476KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61142846_p8_master1200.jpg
476KB, 849x1200px
>>155924517
End.
>>
>>155924517
>>155924570

>would have had to sit through the credits just to see this
>yet people will just leave as soon as Taki moves on

Yeah no. Thank goodness this was dropped.
>>
>>155924437
Shitkai produces "bittersweet" or sad endings in every fucking movie he makes
>>
>>155924437
Have you actually seen any of Shinkai's films before? Watch 5cm, it's exactly what happened.
>>
>>155924772
>>155924437
Actually, this is a reference to 5cm you know.
>>
>>155924437
But Shinkai did that all the time before.
>>
>>155924517
>>155924570
>Post credit scene
This is why I always stay until the very end.

Regardless, executive meddling was a good thing this time. Give it a good resolution without fucking with the audience.
Only saw the movie once, but wasn't it odd that the grandmother, Yotsuha and Mayor were together when Mitsuha went to confront him? You'd think the bitterness between the Mayor and Grandmother would still run deep. And what was Mitsuha able to say to the Mayor to persuade him to get the town to evacuate.

This movie desperately needs a Manga that fills out these scenes or a director's cut.
>>
Lets be real

5 centimeters would be considered a masterpiece if it had a good end

>tfw no ending with the guy cucking the girl's husband
>>
>>155924983
>Regardless, executive meddling was a good thing this time. Give it a good resolution without fucking with the audience.
Honestly, I doubt it was that. If you read any interviews Shikai made he pretty much says "I'm sick of sad endings, we shouldn't have to live with loss, we need to be proactive and chase our dreams." Apparently the Earthquake really fucked him and made him reconsider his values. I mean, what happens in the movie is pretty much verbatim what happened in the novel. Any executive meddling I think was only to reduce the length of the movie, seems that Shinkai really wanted to expand on the body swap shenanigans rather than just ZENZENZENSE

>You'd think the bitterness between the Mayor and Grandmother would still run deep. And what was Mitsuha able to say to the Mayor to persuade him to get the town to evacuate.
I actually like the ambiguity. Because it doesn't matter what she said, that would only be inelegant and elaborate on a conclusion we know is going to happen. The real arc is Mitsuha growing the balls and putting in that effort to go confront her father, the confrontation itself is irrelevant. And cutting to the meteor creates this emotional climax that fits really well. The audience has all this tension built up from the running scene, the meteor crashing is the perfect way to release that.
>>
File: 1491950843970.png (97KB, 423x396px) Image search: [Google]
1491950843970.png
97KB, 423x396px
>>155924076
>>155924115
>>155924177
>>155924232
>>155924279
>>155924324
>>155924459
>>155924517
>>155924570
This seems way too troll-like to be real. Either way, made me laugh. Saved.
>>
>>155925144
No, it would ruin the movie
>>
I see a lot of posting about people laughing during the Mitsuha trip and fall scene, but I think it's pretty obvious why. She's running along, she catches her foot, she falls, she bounces, she hits pretty hard, and she rolls,
and rolls
and rolls
and rolls
and rolls
and rolls
and even hits a little jump at the end. She rolls an inhumanly long distance, the kind of thing you'd expect from a person on a black diamond ski slope or Takeshi's Castle, not an anemic wheelchair ramp. It's straight out of a comedy show.
It's obviously a very important scene and the viewer has a hundred cues that this is not a part to laugh at, but when you consider 1) the kind of people that join anime clubs at uni 2) the kind of people that get brought to the film by friends/significant other, i.e. people completely uninvested in babby's first anime and 3) that being in a theatre setting seems to signal to a lot of people that they should amplify and transmit every emotion they feel as loudly as possible, like a studio audience in a sitcom, it's pretty easy to see why some people laugh at that scene.

Every few years I try watching an anime film in a theatre, and every few years I'm reminded again of why I'd rather watch it by myself.
>>
>>155926778
I think its fair if people laugh a bit at the rolling scene

Gives viewers a emotional break before the I love you
>>
>>155926778

I've seen it 4 times in theaters and no one ever laughed at that part.

Maybe I've just been lucky but the only part that my audiences have responded to the final grope scene, but that's meant to be a funny part.
>>
File: 1492214312431.webm (3MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1492214312431.webm
3MB, 480x269px
>>155927219
The fact they use the child as the straight man is gold.
>She's finnaly lost it, I'm leaving without her.
>She's lost it...
>She's completely lost it...
>>
>>155924177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSAge0XsOY&feature=youtu.be&t=4m54s
;_;
>>
>>155925612
I agree, the entire point of the movie was him finally moving on in the end
>>
>>155928004
He didn't move on though, he quit his job and broke up with his girlfriend because he couldn't stop thinking about the girls he knew he should have been with.

Why didn't they keep writing each other when he moved? He honestly thought that because they'd kissed he'd be okay?
>>
File: 1486688091138.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486688091138.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>155927682
So if Garden of Words is part of the universe Kimi no Na wa is in, does that mean that 5cm is also in the same universe?
Are all his movies part of the same universe!?
>>
>>155926778
I think with subtitles people are willing to get louder and more obnoxious than if it were dubbed, because they don't feel like they're ruining it for anybody else by drowning out the dialogue.
>>
File: 1492225286988.png (163KB, 440x445px) Image search: [Google]
1492225286988.png
163KB, 440x445px
>>155928362
What would the Shinkai Cinematic Universe be about?
>>
>>155928169
Not the anon you responded to but I thought the final scene with the train and him smiling and looking away was him moving on
>>
So did anyone else pay an extra $5 for the non-couples area? I felt humiliated sitting alone and watching the movie in the non-couples area.
>>
>>155928362
>Are all his movies part of the same universe!?
You mean the real one?

Our timelines just aren't synced up, but mark my words, in 20 years a meteor will strike Japan, and in 500 years we'll be fighting off a terrible enemy from space in our space robots, but phone technology will regress to early 2000s flipphone style in order to allow for messages to be sent and received from anywhere in the galaxy regardless of cell coverage.
>>
>>155928169
I was referring to the end where he could have chased after her when the barrier went up, but he chose not to.
To me that was enough of a sign that he put Akari behind him.
>>
>>155928362

its a cameo,
its just a nod to fans of his previous works.
>>
>>155926778
You have to be dumb to laugh at the trip scene, this is not Tom & Jerry, the tone was very dramatic and it clearly wasn't a gag. When I watched it nobody laughted for example.
>>
>>155928504
>the non-couples area
This isn't a thing. But I did noticed there were a lot of couples at the showing I went too.
>>
File: knnw352436.png (143KB, 443x504px) Image search: [Google]
knnw352436.png
143KB, 443x504px
>>155928467
Interesting question...
If they were undoubtedly connected by the same world then there will eventually be one giant story arch that might involved them all or at least have a cameo of each MC doing their part.

>>155928537
>You mean the real one?
No I meant are all his movies part of the same canon. i.e. They all share the same world.

>>155928632
This might be the most realistic answer, but it's fun to speculate.
>>
>>155928686
>This isn't a thing

All of the West Coast has a separate singles area, what are you talking about?
>>
>>155928686
There were A LOT of old couples in the theater during my first viewing.
I'm talking people that looked like they were in their 50's to 70's.
>>
>>155928761
Stop lying. This is literally not true and I saw this film in LA.
>>
>>155928848
I saw this in LA Live. Why don't you stop lying. You probably saw it in the outskirts of LA which is pretty much not LA
>>
>>155928942
I'm pretty sure Santa Monica is LA though.
also
>LA Live
What are you some sort of shitty tourist?
>>
File: 1487716166532.jpg (346KB, 2774x1993px) Image search: [Google]
1487716166532.jpg
346KB, 2774x1993px
>>155928686

why does /a/ keep one using 2 year old /tv/ memes?
>>
>>155929099
>not living near downtown
>Santa Monica

enjoy your flyover city you country hick
>>
>>155929132
>living near downtown
The real question is why would anyone want to live downtown. LA is genuinely an awful city.
>>
File: knnw4544.jpg (89KB, 1092x561px) Image search: [Google]
knnw4544.jpg
89KB, 1092x561px
Taki could have been draining his balls into Miki for the years he waited for Mitsuha... but noooo.
He just had to be a straight edge, virgin faggot.
>>
>>155899517
Holy shit you're right.
>>
File: sslsQzV.png (441KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
sslsQzV.png
441KB, 1280x738px
>>155929229

>settling for anything less when you know true love is out there
>>
>>155929199
because I'm stuck at a lab in a uni there
>>
>>155929354
I didn't say he couldn't experience "true love," I'm just saying that he could have been bettering his social skills in a relationship and getting experienced with sex.
>>
>>155905763
Am I the only one here who thinks that a kiss is unnecessary? You don't need a kiss scene to tell a good love story. I honestly believe that the way they handled the ending was the perfect way to end it.
>>
File: QgpQPyW.jpg (44KB, 1143x877px) Image search: [Google]
QgpQPyW.jpg
44KB, 1143x877px
>>155909828
Found a rare Mitsuha!
>>
>>155910201
In the novel, Mitsuha remarks that she knows Tesshi likes her, but Sayaka likes Tesshi so she decided to play matchmaker for the too since she only saw Tesshi as a friend. Besides, they become more bros when Taki is in Mitsuha's body.
>>
>>155929600

not at all, it ends perfectly.
>>
>>155912125
Someone ripped the version that plays on international airplanes. It's just shy of 720p, but it's a LOT better than the Chinkrip.
>>
>>155929853

is this the 60fps meme one or something different
>>
>>155929815
Yeah what the fuck. Who subbed that? Overall the subs in the theatres were pretty good, but that really stood out as needing to be changed
>>
>>155899784
ANOTHER MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>155930137

Those lines got a few laughs in the theater, but I don't think they need to be changed necessarily. There were more glaring flaws with the subs, like the "for her sake" line.
>>
>>155930137

its for her saké
>>
Would Mitsuha been happy or annoyed if Taki had been the one to visit her (assume they reconogize each other)
>>
>>155909828
Was that a cut ending? I can understand the age change, them being older had a bit more impact.
>>
>>155911217

You can't remember times/dates from a dream, look it up. Your internal clock doesn't work in them.
>>
>>155930375
Happy, of course, he loved her
>>
>>155929600
I agree it's important to be vague and indirect with these things, like how we treat sex. It's not just self-censorship; it's more dramatic to see clothes tossed beside a bed than to shoot a sex scene with all the Hollywood polish.

I was thinking about how they never really held hands either, but the writing-on-the-hand scene basically replaces the pivotal hug, handhold, etc. And because it's not a cliche, it's even lewder.
>>
File: 1491862173985.jpg (170KB, 1000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1491862173985.jpg
170KB, 1000x1413px
>>155930375

depends when.
If he came during their montage, she probably would have been annoyed (but happy)
If there was not 3 year split, or comet, and taki came out to the boonies to see her after he realized he was in love, they both would have cried and held each other, it would have been magical. could have been like one of those secret ending in dating games,
>>
File: IMG_2522.jpg (242KB, 495x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2522.jpg
242KB, 495x547px
Jesus fucking christ, /a/ has ruined this movie for me

>watched it with qt asian female friend
>thought it was a nice watch
>come on /a/
>hundreda of threads every day with arguments about the SAME SHIT and thousands of replies
>now I see kimi no na wa as just a source of argument
>If I just hadn't looked at these threads, I'd still enjoy the movie

Fuck you fuckers, do you not have better things to do than to argue on anonymous Japanese image boards?
>>
>>155930957
Shut the fuck up LWAfag
>>
File: 1489600207417.png (1MB, 1578x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489600207417.png
1MB, 1578x1200px
>>155930957

what arguments, are you reading the same threads?
>>
>>155930957
>If I just hadn't looked at these threads, I'd still enjoy the movie
Or, maybe you could not let others decide your opinion for you.
>>
>>155930137
They should have done "I was the one who was with you" or something similar. Any male aged 14-30 could have looked at that and said "people are gonna giggle in the theatre", how did that get past QC.

>>155930372
ctrl-h "sake" -> "さけ" lol
quality funimation subtitling
>>
>>155930957
These threads have been comfy

Just ignore the shitposts
>>
>>155931316

dunno what the line in JP was but just "with" you sounds strange
but most know that its show that they are deeply connected.
>>
>>155929229
But he WAS trying to get with her. He just got friendzoned and the two realized that they aren't compatible.
>>
File: あたしも!.gif (2MB, 600x214px) Image search: [Google]
あたしも!.gif
2MB, 600x214px
>>155894338
>>155899469
>>
>>155930957
Arguments? These threads have mostly been roneryfag blogging, comfyposting, and defending Mitsuha's purity from that one asshole who keeps calling her a slut.

Now that may not be a good sales pitch, but at the very least we don't argue much.
>>
>>155930957
There's bound to be the same stupid questions by contrarians who want to start shit about the film, but if you look past those, you're bound to see a lot of anons' interesting interpretations and some fan projects dedicated to the film (by either the Japanese or by actual anons).

Let your own opinion of the movie be the judge.
>>
>>155931559
>>155931316

Listening to it again, I believe the JP is:

私に入ってたのは、君なんだって。君に入ってたのは、私なんだって。

"The one who was inside me, was you. And the one who was in you was me."

That's a literal TL to show that the subs didn't try to localize it. I guess it sounds dirty but I think a Japanese audience would read it the same way.
>>
File: knnw52545.png (265KB, 599x542px) Image search: [Google]
knnw52545.png
265KB, 599x542px
2smug4me
>>
File: mitsuha room.jpg (1MB, 1232x1740px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha room.jpg
1MB, 1232x1740px
>no swimming scenes
>no seeing Mitsuha (Taki) and Taki (Mitsuha) in their school swimwear
>no rules talking about avoiding to go swimming

And don't say it's probably because their high schools don't have swimming lessons. Mitsuha's town is right by a giant lake and Taki's school seems pretty rich-looking to afford a pool.
>>
>>155932068
The point is that literal translations basically mean you're not translating.
>>
>>155920013

IIRC, Yumetourou was, I think Zenzenzense was, but Sparkle was not and Nandemonaiya didn't get subs until the credits rolled. It was kind of odd.
>>
>>155932312
I'm saying that "入る" and "inside" would get giggles from a Japanese and English audience respectively. But, thinking about it now, the problem would be solved if they changed "inside" to "within" so I guess you're right.
>>
>>155932275
maybe it's because a swimming scene would be an enormous waste of time in an already dense movie that can't even spare the time to elaborate on the characters' motivations
>>
Just got out of a matinee of this, never seen a Shinkai film

Went into it expecting memes and pretentiousness, but was pleasantly surprised.

Least favorite part was the saving the town, needed more Mitsuha being cute.

I was DUDE WEED LMAO for the first half though.
>>
File: mokou grievance.jpg (67KB, 396x479px) Image search: [Google]
mokou grievance.jpg
67KB, 396x479px
>>155932685
I know that, but at least it would have added some more insight to their bodyswitch shenanigans, seeing as that was condensed for the 1st third of the film.
>>
>>155932710
>Keeping track of timelines while high

You're gonna need a rewatch, but I'm glad you appreciated Mitsuha.
>>
>>155932188
Why is Taki the best Mitsuha?
>>
>>155931579
That and he was distracted on their date because he was thinking of Mitsuha
>>
>>155932885

everyone loves her (him)
>>
File: Image2.png (476KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Image2.png
476KB, 1280x718px
>>155906872
>>
>>155932843
Anon I'm high everyday, its a normal thing for me now.

Mitsuha has cute hair styles.
>>
File: mitsuha.webm (385KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha.webm
385KB, 1280x720px
>>155933054
>>
Saw it today

Great movie. My only problem was

>listed as Subtitles on the internet page for the theater
>sit down
>dub voices
>dubbed songs

FUCK

That's what I get for going to the cheaper place I guess. Should have gone to the Alamo. Totally going to go see it again Monday after work.
>>
>>155933412

At least it's not AMC where the subtitles don't even fit on the screen.
>>
>Zenzenzense, Nandemonaiya, and Sparkle all have full-length versions as well as different cuts and edits
>Nandemonaiya even has a cover by Mone Kamishiraishi
>Yumetourou only has a 2 minute version

why this
>>
>>155932981
Why is Mitsuha so skinny?
>>
BOKURA TAIMU FURAIYA
TOKI WO KAKEAGARU KURAIMA
>>
>>155933778

country girls are very active
>>
Did a better rip come out recently or something?
>>
File: kimi no na wa.gif (401KB, 790x810px) Image search: [Google]
kimi no na wa.gif
401KB, 790x810px
>>155933412
>>155933539
I've heard so much bullshit about how theaters handled this movie it's unreal. What gives?

>>155933778
She's Japanese.
>>
>>155933923
Yeah.
Download it while it's hot.
>>
>>155933923
slightly better, yeah, but still not the BD quality this movie deserves
>>
>>155933964
>What gives?
It's pretty common for theatres to shit the bed with limited release foreign films
>>
>>155933923
It's in somewhat general theaters in the USA
>>
File: 1492146872429.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492146872429.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>155933975
>>155934011

where?
>>
>>155934077
lurk moar
>>
>>155934077
your local theater of course
>>
>>155934077
most of the usual sites have it at this point, but it's definitely worth waiting for a non-rip release
>>
>>155933964
There's not much stake in foreign-language films getting a limited short-term screening, so there's proportionally little effort.
Things worked fine on the technical level at the theater I went to, but the previews were all just advertising art exhibitions and direct-to-dvd documentaries of famous renaissance painters and sculptors. That should give you an idea of the audience they were expecting this movie to draw in north america (eg. nobody).

I can't help but laugh that so many theaters ended up falling over themselves to extend their screenings because the movie was making them so much money. It's like they didn't even bother checking what it even was ahead of time.
>>
>>155930137
Same lines in the dubbed version
>>
>>155933964

the major theater chains seems to be having the most troubles,

Saw in a smaller independent theater and It was much better, their website said what times were dubbed / subbed, the movie fit in the frame, and the audience was much better.
>>
>>155934203

The first theater I saw it at played no trailers at all before the movie started, although it's been a staple theater in the area for all of the anime films that get screened, like Kizu and GuP Der Film.

The second one I saw it at was a bit of an arthouse place and played a few arthouse film trailers and stuff for movies I had never heard of.
>>
>>155932710
I was on a t break but had to smoke for this
>>
>>155934157

ok your just referring the the rip that has already been out for months, I thought there was a better non-60fps/watermarked one that was ripped recently.
>>
>>155925144
I just found the manga, that's what happened because the girl is still thinking about the guy, and ends up dumping her boyfriend as a result and we see a repeat of the train scene in a park.
>>
>>155933412
Might be worth complaining. Happened to me and a friend once and we got free tickets when he complained.
>>
>>155934866
I'm pretty sure that girl is the surfer one
>>
>>155934880
Already over.

I do know for sure that another theater has it subbed however. It's just a Dine In place so I didn't want to go there since it always come up to $30 for dinner and a movie + a beer or two. But I'm totally going to
>>
>>155905763
1. It's not that ambiguous. They're obviously going to get to know each other at least.

2. The reason they forget is because the local god wasn't trying to make them fall in love, just save the village. They're not actually 'star-crossed lovers'. Musubi, as the name implies, ties knots in the red strings of fate. He tied the two together to save Itomori, then untied it when the job was done. It's a great ending because it's actually a miracle that they can find each other again.
>>
>>155894428
This movie had me crying.
>>
>>155934989

yep.
>>
>>155909828
This would have been better.
>>
>>155935056

i did too, but not untill my second viewing
>>
>>155899256
The time difference was literal fucking magic. We can just assume that they saw each others messages with the dates changed.
>>
File: musubi.webm (598KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
musubi.webm
598KB, 720x403px
>>155934989
but I thought it was the god of love, why would he just want to save the village
>>
File: 58905690_p0.jpg (809KB, 3102x3629px) Image search: [Google]
58905690_p0.jpg
809KB, 3102x3629px
>Porcupine

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>155935219

she likes them
>>
>>155935191
He's a guardian god. They say he connects and disconnects people (hence the imagery of strings and knots, and his name being literally knot) but I don't think they ever refer to him as a god of love.
>>
>>155935258
Huh. You're right. Nice find.
>>
>>155935169
No, the dates were likely the same. It's just that the date doesn't correspond to the day of the week. So say, the 12th was a Thursday for Mitsuha, it'd be a Sunday for Taki, hence why he was so confused when he put on his uniform, only to find out it was a weekend.
That was the first hint the movie gives you about the time difference.
>>
>>155935191
>Taki kept that string for 3 years from a girl he's never met

He knew she was the one
>>
>>155935555
>those quads
This anon knew he knew she was the one
>>
>You will never drink Mitsuha's kuchikamizake
>>
File: kimi-no-na-wa.jpg (584KB, 2560x1441px) Image search: [Google]
kimi-no-na-wa.jpg
584KB, 2560x1441px
>>155935555
truest love
>>
File: mitsuha hedgehog fetish.png (262KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha hedgehog fetish.png
262KB, 700x700px
>>155935470
It somewhat factors to her liking of Taki.
>>
>>155935555
If a qt girl on a subway literally handed me a red string of fate, I'd keep that shit on me for life too.
>>
>>155935555
>implying you wouldn't keep a string from a cute country girl who somehow knows your name
>>
>>155935551
Damn, I'm pretty glad this was a movie and not a tv anime.
This seems like the kind of thing /a/ would be able pick on on in theory threads and spoil the twist.
>>
File: 1491719588690.png (512KB, 1019x588px) Image search: [Google]
1491719588690.png
512KB, 1019x588px
>>155935999
>>
>>155936069
Why do they both have 4G.
PLOT HOLES THE SIZE OF YOUR MOMS VAGINA.
It should have been 3G for one and 4G for the other
>>
>>155936155
lol neither of those are 4G's
one is the 5S (I have it) and one is the 7 I think
>>
>>155936207
5S is LTE capable.
>>
>>155936207
Read that again
>>
>>155936257
you've lost me
>>
>>155936257
>>155936299
oh you mean the INTERNET connection
sorry I'm dumb. anyway, I liked that you could tell the difference by the models. I think that was enough.
>>
>>155936155
It's because Japan isn't a third world shithole with patchy LTE coverage.
Mobile internet infrastructure in Asia is miles ahead of everywhere else.
>>
>>155929354
In retrospect, it does strain suspension of disbelief that Taki wouldn't notice the time difference when Mitsuha's daily life was filled with talk about the upcoming comet that he himself saw three years ago.
>>
>>155936069
Yup, guaranteed /a/ would've spoiled the twist for themselves literally the day this episode would've aired.
>>
>>155936207

Mitsuha has a 5S, which she shouldn't have had (it's a month too early). It also shouldn't have iOS 7 yet, it should have the older iOS 6 with the old interface.

Taki has a 6 or 6S (they're externally identical); the 7 eliminated the plastic bands on the rear and altered the camera arrangement. It would also be too early for the 7, because it was released in late September.
>>
>>155936646
whatever man
>>
File: 1393610942024.jpg (158KB, 1190x560px) Image search: [Google]
1393610942024.jpg
158KB, 1190x560px
>>155936740
What are you, a LAGdroid user?
>>
Reinder that Mitsuha is three years older than Taki!

OLD HAG
>>
>>155936773
Nah I have a 5S, it's my Mum's that she doesn't use anymore.
>>
>>155935151
Same here. I would've thought the first time through would hit me hardest but it wasn't until the 2nd time through that tears actually started flowing.
I don't even know why.
>>
>>155936813
Taki has a thing for older women.
>>
>>155933412
>>155933539
Saw this for the first time at a Tinseltown location earlier today. It was subbed. No issues with them running off the screen, but it definitely wasn't on one of the primary/big screens in the place.

Curious to see how different the dub is now.

Fuck it was good. Setting aside /a/'s autistic pedantic nitpicking, it's easy to see how the movie has been breaking all those records.
>>
>>155936813
She's 25 by the end of the movie. Literally ripe and perfect.
>>
>>155936813
Oh shit didn't realize this

I need more cake Mitsuha and I need it now
>>
>>155936926
To be honest the characters largely did fine. The main offender was the dubbed over music which was totally unnecessary. They tone shifted the singer to >sound< right, but it really wasn't.
>>
>>155936906
Shinkai has a thing for older women too based on his movies.
>>
>>155936587

Even if he learned about the comet from his sister, it was too late at that point.
>>
>>155936992
Yeah I saw English dub with Japanese music and it worked perfect anyway. Localizing the songs was a step too far, if anything it might be distracting. The songs were all about the feeling, not the actual words.
>>
>>155937057
The lyrics have significance, though it suffers from the common problem of sounding incredibly awkward once you try to translate it to English while keeping the meaning intact.
Syllables and rhyming never line up perfectly for that to be possible.
>>
But is it his best?

I think so
>>
>>155937151
Easily his best
>>
>>155937151
I agree. A sadder ending doesn't mean a smarter ending or a better ending.
>>
>>155937151

yes!
>>
>>155937151
One thing I absolutely love about Shinkai films is that you can see his improvement in technical ability between each one.

Specifically in regards to character design and animation.

Just look at how the characters move in Your Name vs Garden of Feet. They're significantly more dynamic. Each one of his films is better in some technical way compared to the last one, and it's great to see.

I personally have a soft spot for Beyond the Clouds, but I still think Your Name was better.
>>
>>155937151
No question.
This is the only one of his movies to actually have a clever compelling plotline and characters that aren't bland melancholic fucks.
It's the only one that I cared for more than just scenery porn anyway. Halfway through the movie, I even forgot about how beautiful the art was because I was so engrossed in the actual story.
>>
>>155937372
He wasn't the animation director. What you're referring to is just budget dude
>>
File: mpv-shot0008.png (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0008.png
3MB, 960x720px
>watching this movie more than once
I guess I just don't like this film as much as you guys.
>>
>>155937476

it hits some poeple harder than others
>>
>>155935347
Uh, my understanding of Shintoism is more than a little lacking, but Musubi-no-Kami is the god of matchmaking, love, and marriage, and the red string of fate is literally their thing.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's that specific god at work here because musubi itself means a lot in Shinto in general and the word has several related meanings, but it is interesting nonetheless.
>>
File: 2066.jpg (28KB, 373x365px) Image search: [Google]
2066.jpg
28KB, 373x365px
Give me one reason why you wouldn't constantly bully Mitsuha to see all her varied expressions.

Go on.
>>
File: YourCute.jpg (38KB, 489x333px) Image search: [Google]
YourCute.jpg
38KB, 489x333px
>>155894467
>>
>>155937476
I've seen it twice already, and some anons here have already seen it 4 times or more.
It really takes something to melt the cold jaded hearts of /a/. I barely see any shitposting either, though that could change after the BDs release. Enjoy the comfy discussions while they last.
>>
Did you guys buy any merchandise? Doesn't seem like too many merchandise has been released for the movie despite being very successful and popular. I bought this on amiami.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00123204
>>
>>155937139
I laughed out loud at the translation of 君のいない 世界など 笑うことない サンタのよう as 'A world without you is like Santa without ho-ho-hos'.
>>
>>155937622
>I barely see any shitposting either
Because it's fresh. The time between now and the Japanese premier was full of bitter contrarians and as the movie's popularity wanes, they'll drown out the fans again.
>>
File: 1492039435221.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492039435221.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>155937607
could you bully someone this sweet
>>
>>155937476
I loved the movie the first time around, but started to dislike it after watching it a second time. There's just so many missing pieces of the story that are much easier to notice when you already know the outcome.

Although, I have a friend who's heading to the theaters to see the movie for a 6th time, so obviously everyone's experience with this movie is going to be different.
>>
>>155937633

I hunted down some of the official B2 posters via Yahoo Auctions because now that it's been released in the US, all the ebay vendors have jacked up their rates sky fucking high and while I love the movie, it's not my holy grail.
>>
>>155937587
I doubt it's this one since they call it their local guardian god. It seems like the string imagery is broader than just love too since it's talked about in a general way by grandma and used in contexts unrelated to love like when the comet is falling.
>>
File: 61397022_p0.jpg (208KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
61397022_p0.jpg
208KB, 800x800px
>>155937622

going to be sad when these threads go away, have really been enjoying them over the last week,
>>
>>155937607
You're right. I can't. I want more.
>>
>>155937670
More than fresh, I think its that its a theatre movie, so not all that many gaijins have seen it compared to an anime. Once the BD comes out and the normies start streaming it and sucking it off, we'll get a backlash
>>
>>155937876
>normies
just stop.
>>
>>155894338
Will Taki get to go to tessie and sayaka's wedding?
>>
>>155937805
Yeah, I wanted some of the posters but it's sold out on amiami. Not sure where else I can find it.

>>155937830
It's going to be back eventually since the bluray will come out. I'm sure there are still a fair amount of people who still hasn't watched it so we will get a lot more threads.
>>
>>155936992
>>155937057
>>155937139
The weird thing is that Yojiro Noda personally rewrote the score for English.
>>
Mitsuha fucked a few boys before running into Taki. Lots of spit-play, as you can imagine.
>>
File: 1491873654662.jpg (52KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491873654662.jpg
52KB, 500x460px
>>155937992
>>
>>155937992
STOP IT DELET
>>
>>155928467
Mitsuha and taki fighting aliens.
>>
>>155937992
she still does it when taki is not at home
>>
>>155937372
God I'm so hyped for his next work. What are the chances he might someday do an ova or an anime series?
>>
>>155937979
He did, but like
>>155937637
pointed out, it doesn't always work out when you want to keep the meaning intact while having it still sound natural. Sure that translation is accurate to the original, but the word choice makes it sound awkward and stupid as fuck.
>>
>>155937476
Saw it at the premiere by myself. Going to see it with friends tonight. I never watch things more than once but this movie is definitely worth it.
>>
>>155938325
I read a recent interview where he said he's not interested in a series. I can imagine working in movies offers him a lot more creative freedom and control.
>>
>>155937939
I hope they get their old memories back so they can tell funny and awkward stories about what happened
>>
>>155938325

0, hes too popular now
>>
>>155937992
>implying Mitsuha didn't fuck girls
She thought Okudera-senpai was cute and wanted to go on a date with her. Taki's the only boy for her, but that doesn't exclude some lesbian hookups.
>>
>>155937709
I want to be bullied by her
>>
>>155938437
she wanted that for Taki but not for herself, at least she thought she did - until she realized she wanted Taki herself.
>>
File: mitsuha disdain.jpg (159KB, 1957x1091px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha disdain.jpg
159KB, 1957x1091px
>>155937607
Because you'll already inherently piss her off no matter what you do.

>If Taki says "I groped them a few times", then she'll call him a super pervert
>but Taki says "I groped them only once", yet Mitsuha says "Only once?" and will think you don't treat her enough to grope some more

There is no winning an argument against girls, even if they are the purest of maidens.
>>
>>155935719
>You will never drink Yotsuha's
>>
>>155938472
she did say she'd have liked to go on the date herself
>>
File: smug_mitsuha.jpg (19KB, 266x259px) Image search: [Google]
smug_mitsuha.jpg
19KB, 266x259px
>>155938465
watch it Taki
>>
>>155938528

right before she started to cry
>>
File: mitsuha tapestry.jpg (238KB, 683x561px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha tapestry.jpg
238KB, 683x561px
>>155937830
I'll do my part to keep these threads alive. This too is Musubi.
>>
File: a712532.webm (646KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
a712532.webm
646KB, 720x403px
>>155921227
she has a good condition if she had been running up and down the mountain and around Itomori
>>
>>155938545
I want to see Mitsuha (Taki) bully Taki(Mitsuha) tbhdesu
>>
File: 9YaUomZ.png (556KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9YaUomZ.png
556KB, 1280x720px
>>155938560
It was probably just her admiring Okudera as being really cool, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some attraction from her.

It'd be cute that they both have the same taste in girls
>>
>>155938711
doujins when
>>
>>155938644
>ywn be as /fit/ as Mitsuha
>ywn be as /fa/ as Mitsuha
>ywn be as /out/ as Mitsuha
>but you are far too /a/ for Mitsuha to ever bother going to

I really have to question myself like this.
>>
File: 1492036555597.jpg (87KB, 780x794px) Image search: [Google]
1492036555597.jpg
87KB, 780x794px
>>155938760
>It was probably just her admiring Okudera as being really cool
I have never ever cried out of admiration anon, is this common where you are or something?
>>
>>155938871
Don't forget her mad /diy/ and dance skills
>>
File: Persona_3_female_3.jpg (151KB, 750x583px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_3_female_3.jpg
151KB, 750x583px
>>155938437
>Play RPG as female character
>hook up with best boy
>realize later you had inexplicably waifu'd your avatar and that you've cucked yourself
Same logic as that pretty much.
>>
File: Kimi-no-Na-wa-Portada-Anuncio.jpg (375KB, 1679x928px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi-no-Na-wa-Portada-Anuncio.jpg
375KB, 1679x928px
>>155938871
>>155938941
gonna do my sprints tomorrow morning
>>
>>155938963
Same. Run it for survival. Run it for Mitsuha.
>>
>>155938871
>ywn be as /fit/ as Mitsuha
>ywn be as /fa/ as Mitsuha
Speak for yourself. I run a 19 minute 5K.
>>
>>155938916
Oh, at that point, she'd realized she'd fallen in love with Taki.

Though, it'd be hilarious if that entire time it was Okudera she was pining for, and Mitsuha's extremely disappointed that Taki's the one to show up
>>
>>155912415
probably from that 60fps meme release
>>
>>155938492
The "only once?" isn't disappointment he "didn't want to grope her more" but a mixture of anger that he groped them at all and suspicion he groped them more.
>>
>>155938958
This has actually happened to me before. Wtf, poor Mitsuha.
>>
File: 1492111640388.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492111640388.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>155938871

>ywn have a mitsuha

life is too cruel...
>>
>>155938871
I'd rather have a cute Mitsuha daughteru.

I'll take the girl from Garden of Words
>>
>>155939113
Nah, the look on her face and her dialogue right after indicates she's contemplating if she should forgive him for just doing it once, because he's Taki and he's an awesome guy who deserves it.

I like to believe she's also disappointed he only groped her once, but is too embarrassed to admit it.
>>
File: 1492227602003.jpg (749KB, 750x2185px) Image search: [Google]
1492227602003.jpg
749KB, 750x2185px
>>155938437
>>155938958

just want to post this picture agian, its cute.
>>
>>155939113
She did wear a bra to bed as a safety feature in case Taki goes at it, but I guess she let her guard down after the haircut night.
>>
>>155939127
You know she's in this movie, right? She's Mitsuha's teacher
>>
>>155939222
I figured the bra was because Taki would either forget or not know how to put it on and go to school bra-less
>>
>>155939127
Go away mayor. You'll just be strict on your daughteru in public and embarrass her.
>>
>>155939228
Wait, really?

I thought that was just bad sameface. Did I miss a line?
>>
>>155939311
Nope, her teacher is actually Yukino. Same voice-actor.
>>
This movie was overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was beautifully animated, and if you can suspend your disbelief the plot is even pretty entertaining. But what gets me is that, since I watched it, I don't think I've thought back to it even once. You just finish watching it and that's it, it's so shallow.
>>
>>155939228
I thought it was her too when I first watched it in theaters. I thought it was just sameface too, though it wouldn't be a stretch if it really were a cameo. Did they ever say her name? Do they have the same VA?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5hxDAcbM8

Just like my Keit-Ai commercials.
>>
>>155939382
>since I watched it, I don't think I've thought back to it even once. You just finish watching it and that's it, it's so shallow.
It's just you, mate.
>>
File: 1492059510886.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492059510886.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>155939411
You can check it on wikipedia, it is her.
>>
>>155939472

>all those scenes changed to raining.

was this movie supposed to be much sadder at one point.
>>
>>155939382
Maybe your life is already fulfilling enough that you don't see much desire to live life any better and thus the film didn't strike you much.

In which case most of /a/ will probably despise you out of jealousy or disgust.
>>
File: 1492059662125.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492059662125.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>155939572
>>
>>155939411
It's a cameo. Notice her reaction when a student asks about the local pronunciation "kataware-doki" and she got confused?
It's implying she isn't a local, which lines up with what happens at the end of Garden of Words.
It's explicitly a cameo.
>>
>>155939616
Or more likely he's a delusional shitposter-kun
>>
how did that kid know how to hack into the mainframe and create bombs
>>
>>155939572
The way they animate her writing on the chalkboard looked so realistic, yet surreal.
>>
File: BPjjMwY.png (2MB, 1650x660px) Image search: [Google]
BPjjMwY.png
2MB, 1650x660px
Saw it subbed with a couple friends today, might see it tomorrow if my other batch of friends can make it.

Part of why I want to see it in theaters again is because I want to dethrone Spy Kids 3D as my most theatrically-viewed film.
>>
>>155939762
He didnt make them if I remember right, He worked part time in some mining place, they were blasting explosives
>>
File: mpv-shot0008.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0008.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>155939691
oh fuck, how did I not catch this before?
>>
>>155939803
>a Michael Bay flick
dont do Shinkai dirty like that
>>
>>155939762
For the bombs, it was said earlier on he works construction with his dad, and he explicitly was told to learn to do explosives. And for the frequency, they actually had that because Sayaka got it from her sister, who's actually the intercom person from the beginning of the movie. You can actually see her in once scene at the end.
>>
>>155939228
>>155939572
>>155939691
>yfw Taki not only saved his own waifu, but another MC's waifu as well.
>>
>see Kimi no Na wa in the cinema in November
>want to rewatch it
>no other cinemas in the area still screening it
>move on with my life
>widespread US release
>reading these threads makes me really want to see it again
>cinema screenings are long gone here
>don't want to do the visuals injustice by watching the planerip
>still another 6 months until BDs supposedly come out
It hurts lads.
>>
File: 1485174075666.png (13KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
1485174075666.png
13KB, 266x220px
Anyone else remember these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0mIHvU1RQ

Was Shinkai involved with them?
>>
>>155939616
>>155939755
I'm not shitposting. I liked the film a lot. It just doesn't seem to have much lasting appeal or anything to make you think about it.
>>
aaa kono mama bokutachi no koe ga
>>
>>155939934
Thankfully, she probably lived the first time around too, since the school was outside the blast zone
>>
>>155939222
>wearing a bra protects against groping
Is that your defense? I don't think it holds up in court.
>>
>>155939572
Really puts the artstyle differences between the films into perspective
>>
File: mpv-shot0009.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0009.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>155940040
>teachers live at the school
She's confirmed alive though.
>>
>>155940040
Wasn't her name on the list of people killed?
>>
>>155937953

Yahoo Auctions is the only place I can think of, aside from eBay, where they're jacked up to like $50-70 each.

Yahoo Auctions lets you get them for somewhat cheaper even if you factor in the cost of a proxy service and shipping. But the anons in the buyfag thread probably know more than I do about that. I literally created an account on YA and with a proxy service just for those posters.
>>
>>155940157
I assume she was working after-hours at the school, since she was in her teacher clothes and was close enough to get Sayaka
>>
>>155937612
me to the left
>>
>>155940215
I don't know, the movie only mentioned Tessie and Sayaka, and Mitsuha. Actually, Yotsuha and Grandma are shown on either side of Mitsuha's name, but it wasn't subtitled so it isn't immediately obvious.
>>
>>155940123
It's not protection, but a safety feature. She knows Taki can't put on the bra himself because of his otoko-ness, and there's no way he (as Mitsuha) would ask the family for help. Sleeping with the bra on is to make sure Taki doesn't grope them raw, and she'll feel it when she returns to her body just to be sure.
>>
>>155939411
In the novel she is referred to as Yuki-chan-sensei.
Can't find a full name right now.
>>
>>155940357
me on the right
>>
>>155940157
But was she wearing his shoes?
>>
>>155899517
>She grew her hair because she subconsciously knew that Taki liked her long her.
Why is Mitsuha so perfect?
>>
>>155939792

It's rotoscoped, so while it looks realistic it also has the tendency to fall into the uncanny valley and not match the normal conventions we expect of animation. It's better done than some other rotoscoped examples though.
>>
Wait, wait.
There was a post-credit scene?
Most sources I checked said there wasn't.
>>
>>155939838

His dad runs the local contracting company, so yeah, he just took the equipment from their work site.
>>
File: help me please.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
help me please.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>155940393
Oh wait, I just realized you were talking about the teacher.
>>
>>155940157
Is that the ramen guy on the right?
>>
>>155940816
No, ramen guy was out of the city during the original timeline.
>>
>>155940816

no ramen guy was out delivering or something,
>>
File: short hair.webm (488KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
short hair.webm
488KB, 720x403px
>>155899517
yeah Taki kind of admits he liked the longer hair
>>
>>155939982
世界の端っこまで消えることなく
This sounds a lot worse in text when you can't signify pauses.
>>
Will this ever get a western blu-ray release?
>>
>>155899517
She only cut it because she was upset. It stands to reason she'd grow it back out as she recovered emotionally.
>>
>>155941398

Eventually. But the Japs won't get it until October, and the Western releases will only happen after that. The US might have a longer than usual delay because it's in the same blu-ray region as Japan, and the Japs are scared of reverse imports.
>>
>>155941398
Eventually yeah
>>
>>155941398
>Will this ever get a western blu-ray release?
Yes,
>>
Has anyone had any luck finding posters or stuff from the theaters? Might go to a further indie place if other had had success with finding some.
>>
>>155933539
pretty sure the subs are baked in. They probably fucked up some zoom or pan&scan settings in the projector room
>>
>>155941488
>>155941491
>>155941504
What about a good quality rip of the english dub?
Any idea when that'll happen?

inb4 >dub
>>
>>155941398
Of course. Most decent size anime movies get brought over now
>>
>>155936515
Good internet is more often about population density than it is about your countries quality of living. Fucking Poland has 100/10 internet for 10 euros or something, meanwhile here in Canada I have to suffer with 15/1 for 30 Crappy tire bucks and I have literally the cheapest rate in the country
>>
>>155937151
>>155937372
>Kimi ni na wa
>better than Garden of Words
>better animated than GoW
Opinions aside, there are glaring technical issues with Kimi ni na wa's animation.

The 3DCG often had jaggies, the animation made abrupt changes (when Mitsuha ran across the top of the crater they drop to animating on 4's, and when the same shot zooms out they lower it to 5's or 6's even though it's an animation loop that they showed the tweens for up close), and at the beginning the pans are jerky as fuck. I don't know how they even managed that when the compositing is done by a computer
>>
>>155942039
Excuse me sir what

Garden of Words is very pretty, I'll grant you that. But it's the weakest Shinkai move story/plotwise
>>
>>155941691
No one knows.

It is possible that the Japanese release will have the dub on it, seeing it is available (his movies have been having English subs on the Japanese releases recently) but if not then it will be when the first overseas release comes out.
>>
>>155942086
Na, Voices Below was definitely the weakest.
>>
>>155942039
>The 3DCG often had jaggies, the animation made abrupt changes (when Mitsuha ran across the top of the crater they drop to animating on 4's, and when the same shot zooms out they lower it to 5's or 6's even though it's an animation loop that they showed the tweens for up close), and at the beginning the pans are jerky as fuck. I don't know how they even managed that when the compositing is done by a computer
You noticed that too? I was wondering if that was just my imagination.
>>
>>155942086
not every movie has to be an epic thriller.

I for one enjoyed the forbidden love and everyman dreams themes of Garden of Words

>>155942166
I don't know why everyone keeps praising it as a masterpiece. It's a giant step down technically from Garden of Words.
>>
>>155942166

extreme nitpicking here, but noticed it the first time I watched it, also this part where Taki just clips through the crater ridge.
>>
Hipsters need to stop pretending like this isn't Shinkai's masterpiece.
>>
>>155939382
For me, the movie resonates with me so much. It's hard to complete explain with words so, I don't agree that it's overrated. I'm very happy with what I got and it's a special experience I got out of it.
>>
File: 61931274_p0.jpg (850KB, 2481x1654px) Image search: [Google]
61931274_p0.jpg
850KB, 2481x1654px
>>155942501

yeah well said, the movie is very magical to me as well, no other film has ever done this.
>>
File: 1491653027348.jpg (24KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1491653027348.jpg
24KB, 331x331px
>you will never meet mitsuha and experience kimi no na wa
>>
>>155942405
The quality is so bad you can't tell if he is clipping through or if there is a bit of a rise in front of his feet.
>>
File: 3Zjhl62.png (164KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
3Zjhl62.png
164KB, 506x500px
>>155942405
"The quality is bad" - Guy posting pics from a janky low resolution camrip
>>
>>155942039
>glaring technical issues

For something that you say obvious, I not once noticed that at all nor have I seen anyone point that out and we're talking about watching it on a big screen. I still have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>155942316
Well it's a beautiful film in it's own right, and that was by far the worst offender.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-15_17-11-15.png (7KB, 626x132px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-15_17-11-15.png
7KB, 626x132px
>>155942316
>I don't know why everyone keeps praising it as a masterpiece. It's a giant step down technically from Garden of Words.

You can easily find the answers by looking at multiple lreviews on imdb, RT, MAL, and various other websites. I don't understand why people keep questioning why people praise it so much when you can easily do some research and find out yourself.
>>
>>155939268
He did forget, remember the basketball scene? The bouncing was to show that he forgot to wear one.
>>
>>155943394
That's actually pretty funny, I didn't think anything of it other than fanservice.
>>
File: mitsuha train.webm (380KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha train.webm
380KB, 720x403px
>waiting for the BD release in late October
>>
>>155937607
I can get just as many expressions loving her.
>>
File: 1487704416503.jpg (64KB, 630x578px) Image search: [Google]
1487704416503.jpg
64KB, 630x578px
>>155943394

>Taki got to undress a sweaty Mitsuha, take a slow shower to clean off, then dress up, all while probably foundling her lightly.
>>
>>155938958
>Persona 5 won't get a FemMC that's way more of a thug than Potter-kun.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>155944147
>implying Sayaka didn't keep an eye on her (Taki) out of Mitsuha's request to make sure she (Taki) isn't doing anything profoundly unfeminine
>>
>>155925144
5 centimetres per second is a masterpiece.

Generally if you've actually got any life experience in love and loss, you're going to resonate a lot more with 5cm/s's ending

Kimi no na wa is preferred in anime communities because people don't have that.
>>
>>155944361
>implying Taki!Mitsuha didn't seduce Sayaka
>>
File: tessie sayaka.jpg (182KB, 1423x801px) Image search: [Google]
tessie sayaka.jpg
182KB, 1423x801px
>>155944435
>implying Taki would ruin this pure relationship
>>
>>155944361

>Uh, Sayaka, I might start to act completely different the next few days, so if I start to do anything perverted or unfeminine, uh like slap the shit out of me....thanks...
>>
File: 1490796108642.png (415KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490796108642.png
415KB, 700x621px
>>155939968
It sure looks like it
>>
>>155944554
>implying Taki!Mitsuha didn't also seduce Tessie
>>
>>155944618
>has a liking for cake
>became a cake by the end

I really wonder if it was Tessie who confessed first or her.
>>
>>155944853
it seemed like she was the one who had an interest in him; I don't think he actually expressed any feelings for her. Too much Mitsuhalust.
>>
>>155943394
right, exactly
>>
File: mitsuha rush.jpg (185KB, 1065x1085px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha rush.jpg
185KB, 1065x1085px
>>155944804
>threesome between 2 girls, 1 guy (but actually 1 girl, 2 guys)
>>
>>155944957
>its barely a threesome; Sayaka just watches the other two go at it
>>
>>155945095
Madoka all over again
>>
>>155945095
>they did it in the broadcast room, and while Sayaka are carelessly watching the other two go, she accidentally hits the radio switch and the moans can be heard all across the village
>>
File: mokou huh.jpg (115KB, 377x449px) Image search: [Google]
mokou huh.jpg
115KB, 377x449px
>>155945170
Wait, I don't ge-
>Sayaka
Oh, now I get it.
>>
>>155945170
This Sayaka isn't a dike in denial though.
>>
Sparkle > Dream Lantern > Nandemonaiya > Zenzenzense
>>
>>155918500
I'm sort of in the middle of that arc where there is a girl that completely changed my life in high school, but three years later we don't communicate anymore and we're hundreds of miles apart.

I don't know if I'll ever be happy if I don't end up with her. Three years later and everything I do is inspired by her beauty.
>>
>>155946200

GO LOVE HER
>>
>>155946200
I can sympathize with that, anon, but sometimes it's best to remember the difference between your projection of her from 3 years ago and who she might actually be by now. Maybe take the chance to settle that by meeting her for once, or let that memory fade and live as yourself while waiting patiently for your true one to come. All up to you.
>>
>>155944387
I guess I just like happy endings
>>
File: knnw52545.png (308KB, 599x542px) Image search: [Google]
knnw52545.png
308KB, 599x542px
>small and petite
>country girl
Just imagine how fun it would be to manhandle her cute body. I'd just walk around the house looking for things to bend her over and fuck her on.
>>
>>155946200
People change a lot in college, and were probably never as amazing in highschool as your highschool self saw them. Idol worship is one thing, but please never try to hold a real person accountable to your idolatry
>>
>>155946422

>thinking you can manhandle this....
>>
File: smugneki.jpg (395KB, 1277x940px) Image search: [Google]
smugneki.jpg
395KB, 1277x940px
>>155946200
>>
File: komari.jpg (87KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
komari.jpg
87KB, 499x500px
>>155946422
Stop. Don't go over the line, you city filth.
>>
>>155946200
>>155946374

5cm/s is definitely the more relevant film in situations like this.

I guess it depends on how you judge anime, maybe in terms of enjoyment kimi no na wa is better, but in my mind for something to be a masterpiece it has to say something, and what 5cm/s says about love and life and how we should live is far more profound imo.
>>
>>155946344
>>155946366
>>155946448

I have run the projection argument through my head many times, trust me. It's the most logical.

The thing is, I do see her from time to time because her long-distance boyfriend goes to my university, and every little occasional interaction I have with her just takes me back to square one, where everything I know and don't know about her is the beautiful thing I have ever known.

We're friendly, and she cares about me, but I know she's happy and she deserves to be happy. He's a good guy, and pursued many of the same things I originally did except he succeeded whereas I had to find other options.
>>
>>155946734
Fair, I watched 5cm pretty young so maybe now I will appreciate the ending more

The ending just felt inconclusive. I feel better about it after reading the manga though
>>
>>155946816
>her long-distance boyfriend
H-holy shit anon, I'm so sorry…
>>
>>155946816
Find someone else, this isn't healthy or going to lead to a good place
>>
>>155946816
Goddamn...
Guess the only option for you now is to pray that a meteorite comes down and takes you out. All while Chad and the girl you love are fucking like rabbits in a safe area.
>>
>>155947237
I've dated other people since. And it feels absolutely terrible when I'm on a date with them and some little thing reminds me of her.
>>
>>155946898
what happens in the manga ending? I personally couldn't imagine a better ending for it than the film, although ultimately that says a lot about my personal experiences.

I see why you'd say the ending feels inconclusive, but I think it leaves us at a good point. The world isn't perfect, love isn't forever and hearts move on. We don't have all the time in the world and you need to get busy loving or get busy dying.

Despite this there's a real sense that takaki is moving on with his life and improving himself as a person. He's recognising that he can't wait for beauty he once had in his life to come back, but has to find something for himself.

See real life parallels here... >>155946816
>>
>>155947441
It doesn't take away from the movie's ending; there's a new final chapter that's focused on the surfer girl and how she's been. She decides to go to Tokyo to find him, and it ends with them encountering each other. Doesn't go past that though.
>>
>>155947537
she's chasing the past and he's getting an opportunity dropped on his lap. The cold-hearted cynic in me is against this.
>>
>>155948205
She does move on right before it happens and is about to return home, but got lucky. So they both still recognize the value in letting go of past relationships
>>
Migration:

>>155949334
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.