[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon Meshi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 67

File: img000014.png (342KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000014.png
342KB, 1128x1600px
Calling it now, Kabru is going to become the next sorcerer/soul enslaved to the dungeon.

He's manipulative as fuck.
>>
>>155893522
The fuck is this slut saying about Laius?
He's too dumb not to be honest.
>>
>>155893618
He said they wouldn't be good owners of the dungeon, since they are easily taken advantage of.
>>
>>155893618
He thinks they were apart of the black market scheme.
>>155893752
I thought it was this, but then the part about them being dishonest makes no sense

He is going to go along, until they are a bit too close to the dark elf or maybe the king who is being kept alive by said dark elf, and then PVP starts
>>
>>155893799
The sorcerer is looking for the king though. Maybe he died or something and the dark elf is just trying to revive him?
>>
>>155893799

More likely he'll be turned into some great and delicious monster by the dark sorceror and that'll be the warm up fight before the dark sorceror proper is taken out in a DUEL OF MAGIC by farnese/laius/marcille while senshi sneaks up and bonks him on the head with his cookware.

then they'll add a dark elf stew to the final meal of the series!
>>
>>155894038

The King is literally up top and likely buried somewhere on the surface, so there might be a "break out" moment when the dungeon pops out of the ground and the dark sorceror claims the entire island as his own.
>>
>>155893799
Well, he thinks Laius stole their treasure, so he thinks he's a thief, that this is his true nature when others aren't there to watch and give him credit for his good deeds.

This guy seems pretty outright suspicious, almost paranoid, not to mention his manipulative behavior, as a default, so...
>>
>>155894525
>This guy seems pretty outright suspicious
They all seem a little bit off.
>>
>>155893799
I hope they change gear for PvP.
>>
>>155893522
Chapter out?
>>
>>155895015
Yeah, there was a 500+ thread already
>>
>>155893799
>>155894038
>>155894114
The King was in Chapter 1 though.

He crawled to the surface and then died.
>>
File: yueot7rd.jpg (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
yueot7rd.jpg
15KB, 224x225px
>>155893522
>mfw he jobbed to Laius
Can't wait.
>>
>>155894806
>laius uses his connection with Alphonse to tame a suit of living armor
>it proceeds to wear laius into battle
>>
>>155893522
Someone tell me how they will find Lauis's party when the Dark Elf already started changing the layout of the dungeon?
>>
>>155894114
Man I'll laugh really fucking hard if the final meal is cannibalism. That would be the perfect ending to the series.
>>
Since when did samurai have a crush on Faelyn?
>>
I don't like nippon in my western flavored series.

I know it's a silly thing to complain about when the creator is Japanese but it just never seems to mesh well with the other elements in the series for me.
like those stupid chinkjap ninjas in FMA.
>>
>>155895414
didn't the femdwarf outright say it a few chapters ago?
>>
>>155895414
It's mentioned during their first reunion with Namari, I think.
>>
>>155895093
Maybe his soul stayed and the mage is looking for it?
>>
>>155893522
that's not manipulation
>>
>>155895530
>western fantasy races mixing with eastern fantasy races
Nope... don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
File: what the fuck am I casting.png (168KB, 522x312px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I casting.png
168KB, 522x312px
>>155893522
Half of his group are borderline sociopaths. Kabru's a malicious killer, his nip gf is possessive and the halfing's a jew. They are mistakenly justified that they were robbed but they don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. It's a good chapter that expanded the world's political background and characters, we finally get to see based Sureau looking for his waifu but I can't help but feel this brewing conflict would cause unnecessary drama that would fuck up Lauis' rescue party at a critical moment. We might even lose the chance to save Farlyn or even defeating the mad sorcerer over a stupid misunderstanding in the future and that's what galls me.
>>
>>155896007
I wonder if the right eye being like that is because using her magic takes away some focus from using some kind of spell to stop aging. Then again she is an elf and can live long.
>>
>>155895530
>I don't like nippon in my western flavored series
Blame Wizardry and D&D then, not the mangaka
>>
File: img000028.png (310KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000028.png
310KB, 1128x1600px
>>155895720
No. But pic related is.

>>155896047
I can see where you're coming from but I think that's just her being annoyed that her ancient magic attacks didn't work on Marcille because she wasn't expecting a fellow practitioner.
>>
Don't think Samurai will get tricked.

His number 2, Tea Girl, was pissed at Kabru.

There is no reason to team up since Samurai's Party should only have bought enough supplies for their own party and nobody else.

Meanwhile. Kabru's party is all out of food and supplies.
>>
>>155896153
that's not being manipulative as fuck and is also his real motive anyway.
>>
>>155896156
He will use the Samurai but who knows how the samurai will react to them using dark magic to revive Farlyn.

Another thing is the mage changed the "dragons" form, so they could mistake another dragon for Farlyn and Laius' group notices the scar on the chin/neck or something
>>
>>155893752
>since they are easily taken advantage of.

No it's because he thinks they are shady people. The chapter shows them talking shit about everyone in the party. Namari had a shady dad, chilchak was a hustler, senshi had a bad smell, and he thinks the siblings are providing funds for the black market dealers.
>>
>>155896215
>Hey I'm a random guy you saved. I know you're looking for this girl who's somewhere in this dungeon. Let's go find her together! No ulterior motives, we're totally doing this out of goodwill. I promise!
>>
>>155896153
>angry dog face
I'm fukkin done lads...
>>
>>155896369
Dogs do not like Cats.
>>
>>155896343
that's not being manipulative as fuck. He's basically half truthing.
>>
>>155896447
And telling half truths is a way to manipulate people.
>>
>>155896447
He's literally using Sureau to track his former party in order to get back at him. He's taking advantage of his desperation, I think you're confusing manipulation with lying.
>>
>>155895188
Laius and crew are currently on the way out of the dungeon to restock. They might encounter each other soon, or catch up after replenishing supplies.
>>
I started this and caught up with the most recent chapter today. I'm kind of conflicted. On the one hand, all these plot developments have been fantastic and I'm super interested to see where this goes in the long haul. On the other, where/why did everything go so far south so fast? Is it cause I read too fast?
>>
>>155896584
They will probably use Orc Shortcut
>>
>>155896302
I figured that, but that idea doesn't fit with the story he told. Laius gave money to sick people who were only pretending to be sick, and that somehow makes Laius a bad person?

On another note, Kabru backwards is 'ur bak'. Coincidence?! I think not.
>>
Why the mangaka likes to make his evil character black.

And why asian women of that world love them ?
>>
>>155896153
>Japanese squad has the catgirl now
Pottery.
>>
>>155896494
>>155896549
you're giving this guy too much credit for half truthing.
>>
>>155896584
Remember the dark elf is changing the layout of the dungeon, who knows if they will meet "soon". I doubt they will ever get to the surface before the main story ends.
>>
>>155896769
How is that pottery?
>>
>>155896740
>Laius gave money to sick people who were only pretending to be sick, and that somehow makes Laius a bad person?

He's saying he thinks the fact that they aren't sick is KNOWN by Laius, and that he continues giving them funding anyway as an investment in whatever illegal shenanigans they're performing.
>>
>>155896774
and you're calling a lily a rose.
>>
>>155893618
He thinks that the whole "Giving money to party members too injured to return to work" is just a cover for black market dealings because the supposed injured party members have long since recovered and have connections to the black market.

In reality they were most likely just being taken advantage of but Kabru is a suspicious and manipulative fuckwad.
>>
>>155896007
I was annoyed at first too, but maybe something good will come out of it. Laius&Co were heading back out of the dungeon because they need to recuperate. which would mean they'd lose time. After serving Kabru his ass at the inevitable meetup, they may regroup with some of the members from the other parties and head straight back down without heading back to the surface. Catgirl was a party member in the original one shot, for instance.
>>
File: 1492199504713.png (36KB, 258x209px) Image search: [Google]
1492199504713.png
36KB, 258x209px
Twintail Oni a cute!

Also. Sex-Hair Elf and her male companion's names have been revealed. Fioli & Donny
>>
>>155896740
He's assuming lyus is actually giving them money instead of lyus being ignorant
>>
>>155897078
Were sex-hair elf and Donny the ones that appeared in the plant chapter?
>>
>>155893522
These people are the biggest jobbers in the world. What the hell are they even expecting.
>>
>>155896740
The people he's giving money to are known black market dealers so he thinks Laius is in cahoots with the and the donations are just a cover story for payments of some kind of illegal transaction.
>>
>>155893522
This chapter was creepy as fuck
>>
>>155897078
*Fionil

>>155897141
Yes
>>
>>155897156
He is spec'd for PVP and has CHA, and he just convinced the PVE group to lead the way
>>
>Sureau didn't leave because he was fed up with this bullshit, he left to get a way better party with his Asian connections

I admire the dedication.

I wonder what the explanation is for him not getting Laius and the others back first, though. I'd guess it's just because he justifiably thought they were too shit to save her.
>>
>>155896826
Their group is eastern based; it has party members based off of oni, tengu, and samurai, the catgirl originally showed up in the one-shot but they're also associated with Japanese spirits so it makes sense
>>
>>155897225
They killed other dragons with that party before too. Probably wanted to get Laius out of the picture to marry Farlyn. Farlyn is an airhead too so she probably didn't know his affection for her.
>>
>>155897078
She's got the right idea. She may be viable disciple in the art of dungeon meshi.

In other news, what riles me up about Kabru's party is how they all preach on how everyone's evil and corrupt, while they themselves are various shades of shitty people. They keep assuming the worst of others, based on hearsay, prejudice and personal convenience, to justify their own shit.
>>
>>155897225
Or he planned to meet up with them in the dungeon on the way, or thought they had already died on the way down.
>>
>>155897225
He probably didn't think the party would be able to manage another dungeon dive in their current condition, which would have been true if they didn't meet Senshi. Its pointless to go down if they'll just die halfway there.
He probably looked for them when he came back with his party and couldn't find them since they were in the dungeon. Its possible that he might have gotten information from Namari about them as well
>>
>>155897324
I think that's kind of the point. Especially the halfling.
>>
>>155897225
Dude's the son of a feudal lord with five ninja, neko and oni retainers that came with him on his training trip/vacation. Of course he's gonna think his personal group is better.
>>
>>155897336
If either of those was the case, he could certainly have told them of his plans before he left the party.

Clearly he didn't want to bring them with.
>>
>Everyone's evil except me

I can't wait until they get their asses whipped by the sorcerer.
>>
>>155897225
I hope he's not as weak willed as he was in this chapter. Actually, I was hoping he would join them as a chuuni dps guy obsessed with hunting but after this chapter he's just a desperate and infuriated man born into high status. I want him to join Laius' party sooner or later but an alliance with Kabru was completely unexpected. It would be shitty if he does get suckered to Kabru's scheme even if he had good intentions.
>>
brown edgelord was a mistake, i hope that piece of shit dies again and no one will revive him
>>
>>155896682
>Is it cause I read too fast?

That's part of it. The author took a break after the end of the first part and before everything going to shit a few chapters ago.
>>
>have dog attack trauma
>see last page
>>
>>155897324
They're literally "we dindu nothin" the party. It looks like they're on track to finally meet Laius's party thanks to the Japanese party. There's no way they would have been able to traverse any deeper into the dungeon without help. Hell, they were about to get rekt by the sea serpent.
>>
>>155893522
His party serious thinks this plotting psychopath asshole is the best candidate to be dungeon king.
>>
>Senshi is about to learn nippon foods
my dick is ready lads
>>
>>155897173

What makes it creepy is how unettling it is to watch a group of people have a chat about characters we've been following and growing to love while twisting their actions to sound darker than they actually are in order to convince themselves of their own actions.

Notice how at the beginning of the conversation most of them are unsure that Laius's group could be the culprits because of how nice and charitable they are, but by the end of the conversation Laius's party are a group suspicious fucks and terrible money grubbers? To the point where one of his former party members saves the group the first thing they do is take advantage of his desperation?

Watching a group talk themselves into warping the truth to satisfy their own desires is what makes it creepy.
>>
>>155897710
What part of "It's a party full of terrible people and idiots" did you not understand?
>>
File: 1487982839194.jpg (133KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1487982839194.jpg
133KB, 710x508px
>>155897173
>>155897866
Holy crap, I guess I'm not the only one who thought that. While I like Karbu's party being developed, this whole mistaken fiasco is going to solidify them into a irredeemable path. Last chapter showed that they have the potential to be merciless despite being justified in self defense but it's dragging the plot to darker depths and that's definitely something I didn't sign up for.
>>
>>155897980
I'm just fucking fed up with this party and they're not going to leave any time soon.
>>
>chapter is about misunderstandings in order setup up a future point where they stall the rescue and extend the manga needlessly for money

It was a good run but I've seen too many of these to allow myself to be fooled again, dropped.
>>
>>155898215
B-but cutest girls and fucbois!
>>
File: 1481813901735.png (438KB, 863x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481813901735.png
438KB, 863x1200px
>>155898215
All the other attributes make up for it. But whatever man, your loss.
>>
>>155898080
>despite being justified in self defense

They stopped being justified in self-defense after they murdered someone that had just surrendered and was firmly in their custody and no longer posed a threat.
>>
>>155898080

Two words:

Justifiable.

Cannibalism.
>>
Kind of interesting, the halfling doesn't like Chilchack because she thinks he's a money grubber being paid by the guild to shill for it to newbies for their contracts. In reality, the real reason you go through a guild for such a thing is that they usually offer enforcement and protection for contracts. Chilchacks whole development is that he doesn't trust people easily, so it makes sense that he advises people to use the guild.
>>
>>155893522
>talking shit about best party like he's some detective
Trumped up ignorant weakling piece of shit. Fuck.
>>
>>155898215
>needlessly extending
>implying that Meshi staying as a comfy dungeon cooking mange wouldn't be needlessly extending it
The end goal is obvious. The mangaka is making it more interesting by adding a human element. Not to mention it's adding to the world building too.
>>
>>155898350
>no longer posed a threat.
What's stopping that guy to go around spreading slander about their group and finding a resurrection service in order to get their vengeance at a later date?
>>
>>155898080
I think it goes without saying that Kabru is going to end up being one of the major antagonists. Not the main one since that'll probably be the dark elf, but a big one nonetheless. Well unless we're getting set up for some kind of ruse.
>>
>>155895065
>Yeah, there was a 500+ thread already
Anyone have a link to that one? I knew the chapter was out today but didn't have time to read it until now, I missed original thread entirely.
>>
>>155898416
I think what most people found over excessive was destroying the body completely and condemning his soul to eternity trapped in the dungeon as a wandering spirit.
>>
>>155896156
You're forgetting that Sureau is on a mission to rescue his waifu. The objections of his party will be overriden due to his standing.
>>
>>155898475
Never mind, forgot 4chan has its own archive function now. Hurf. Old thread was >>155867704
>>
>>155896280
>Samurai kills a dragon on the way down.
>Turns out it was his waifu and he never noticed.
>>
>>155898416
Nothing. But that has nothing to do with self-defense. You can't justify killing under the idea of self-defense by what someone might do in the future. My bad for not saying "immediate threat" though.
>>
So does anyone still like Kabru and his party?
>>
>>155898593
Probably, some people on /a/ seem to have a fetish for good looking curry nigger boys. See OPM and Shokugeki no Souma.
>>
>>155898593
I think his party might be alright. Something happened to get them 100% devoted to him.
>>
>>155898407
No the interesting part was the world building. This chapter was explicitly about misunderstandings. It's always at this point in manga that once you reach it the quality takes a nosedive as the conflicts presented just seem forced and insipid. I'm telling you, before you know it you're going to get idiotic betrayals, love triangles, insane power ups and other stupid drama out of nowhere rather than just some level headed fun story telling. Oh, and the world building will be all but gone as these things take more and more panels as the humor and cooking get pushed aside.

They were just about to rescue her too which should've been a red flag on its own. Ideally, they would've rescued the sister, restocked back on the surface and continued the conlfict and world building there.

It's over senpai, it was a fun ride but it's over now.
>>
>>155898485
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I don't recall Kabru's party doing any full body destruction
>>
>>155898593
I only like the doge
>>
>>155898676
They threw the thugs into a lake full of man eating fishes.
>>
File: 1380170618203.png (423KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
1380170618203.png
423KB, 641x480px
>>155893522
>they meet up and he's trying to be all crafty and backstabby and reveal their "true nature"
>there is some huge monster attack
>Laius saves them and doesn't even notice, he's just thinking about dinner and saving Farlyn
>all their conspiracies and grand ideals but no one else even gives a fuck
>"You kids better run along back to the surface and leave this feas-I mean fight to us."
>mfw
>>
>>155898700
It's hard to hate doggos.
>>
>>155895181

maximum kek
>>
File: l020.jpg (207KB, 762x300px) Image search: [Google]
l020.jpg
207KB, 762x300px
What did he mean by this??
>>
>>155898383
>she
>>
>>155898676
They dumped the bodies of the resurrectionists into the lake, so they can't be revived.
>>
>>155898667
Dungeon Meshi isn't a shounen manga anon. The mangaka is very good at maintaining a level headed storyline. You're just making baseless assumptions unless you know exactly what she's planning. It would've been boring if they had easily rescued the imouto. Now the stakes are high and you have a potential pvp scenario.
>>
>>155898766
"THAT"
>>
>suddenly shitposters appearing after exactly two fucking chapters
>shitposting about completely retarded stuff like thinking everyone in an actual dungeon adventure thing would be all buddy buddy
God damn it /a/ sometimes you're as bad as /v/.
>>
>>155898723
Ah you're right, I was thinking of burning. That actually puts them all in a pretty bad light since they helped or were clearly OK with it.
>>
>>155898700
Blindly devoted to someone just because they gave him some food. Stupid dog.
>>
>>155898884
Catgirls>Kobolds
>>
File: 1488112762448.jpg (39KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488112762448.jpg
39KB, 320x240px
>>155898753
>how to make a comfy manga even better
>by chasing the edgy shit away with more comfy
>>
>>155898667
>This chapter was explicitly about misunderstandings.

This chapter was about establishing Karbu's group as shady motherfuckers and reintroducing Sureau. The misunderstandings happened ages ago when they first woke up.
>>
>>155898862
>>155898830
Look, I'm not against conflict. The manga was very explicit that death was a legitimate risk and that not everyone is nice(way back when they first died/revived) but I do not like misunderstandings. It reeks of someone that's out of ideas or is simply stalling. Maybe it will stay good but I sincerely doubt it if we're already seeing this sort of thing start to pop up.
>>
>>155898593
All of them seem to be pretty young/naive people that are being taken advantage of by Kabru's charisma. They seem redeemable at least
>>
File: THAT.jpg (63KB, 324x514px) Image search: [Google]
THAT.jpg
63KB, 324x514px
>>155898766
Holy shit he should have used "THAT".
>>
I fucking hate this edgy sandnigger, what a fucking shitfest. There is literally nothing worse in this world than drama based on misunderstandings and one fuckwad thinking himself the only good thing in the world and everyone else being evil.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>155898593
Probably spics feels related to this sandnigga and likes him.
>>
File: power of the power.jpg (34KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
power of the power.jpg
34KB, 544x400px
>>155898766
>>
What's going to happen when this party reaches the Orcs? I don't want the Orcs to die.
>>
>>155899098
Don't worry the oni girl will make it right.
>>
>>155898959
>>155899029
Its not even misunderstandings. Its Kabru being a massive paranoid dick and manipulating people. He's tailoring situations and purposefully misinterpreting things to confirm his own bias. This is willful manipulation, not misunderstandings. The whole point of this chapter was to explicitly point out that it isn't misunderstandings (as it was previously before we saw Kabru's twisted logic).
>>
>>155898485
Farlyn was almost eternally trapped too--and other dead adventurers may be already trapped.
But it's only eternal if no one clears the dungeon. The logic was: those corpse hunters were making it harder to clear the dungeon and screwed everyone.

Kabru may be crazy, but the crime fits the punishment.
>>
>>155898959
>but I do not like misunderstandings
Do you not like it because it's too realistic? 100% serious here. IRL actual wars have been fought over stuff where looking back decades/centuries later it's possible to see it was just because neither side actually knew what was going on. From individuals to national powers misunderstandings that result in fuckups occur all the time. Tons of entirely innocent people end up in prison, even on death row, due to police being positive about something and it all being a misunderstanding.

If you just don't like that kind of realism here fair enough, it's certainly uncomfortable. I don't see it as out of place in this setting though. This guy is clearly a bit of a fanatic, like the paladin who goes too far and has a bunch of retainers who bow down far too hard, it's not a relationship amongst equals or professionals. Given what they know and the kinds of fuck ups that lead them into this situation in the first place it's not at all a surprising set of mental leaps. However much experience they have they're clearly a dangerous mix of amateur and fanatic idealist.
>>
File: THICC.png (73KB, 259x453px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.png
73KB, 259x453px
MOVE OVER ELF, NEW BEST GIRL IS HERE.
>>
>>155899098
Probably Oni girl or Sureau will intercede and make some non aggression pact to save time and reach lower levels faster.
>>
>>155898593
Sure, they're fine and an interesting twist on the Meshi adventure.
>>
>>155899198
>that filename
MMmm Exactly.
>>
>>155899089
I'm a spic and I hate this chucklefuck.
>>
>>155899167
I more see it as it's showing that Kabru is really a fanatic ends-justify-the-means kind of guy. He's a "hero" not a "professional", and he's got difficulty comprehending other mindsets that exist outside of his worldview entirely.

It's less "edgelord" then "straight edge". I do think he's misunderstanding but not innocently and giving the benefit of the doubt but because to some extent he's incapable of understanding, people finding actual beauty in the dungeon for example or appreciating it for itself is just outside him entirely. To the extent he saw that he'd just call them evil, he can't grasp that someone can appreciate something and still agree it needed to go.
>>
>>155898593
Heck yeah, I like 'em. I'm really interested to see them take on the dungeon and Laius.
>>
>>155899187
>Do you not like it because it's too realistic?

No I don't, I don't like a manga about a DnD party exploring a dungeon, fighting unreal monsters, then making make-believe dishes to be realistic. I hope that isn't a problem with you, not that I care tbqh.
>>
>>155899187
I think that anon was assuming that "misunderstandings" a la typical the typical shounen way, rather than as an added realistic element.
>>
File: 1487260287158.jpg (233KB, 585x883px) Image search: [Google]
1487260287158.jpg
233KB, 585x883px
>>155898593
Yes. I like the fact that him and Laius are literally fāris vs knight.
>>
File: BestDoggo.png (196KB, 423x559px) Image search: [Google]
BestDoggo.png
196KB, 423x559px
>>155898910
Eck-fucking-scuze me!
>>
>>155898593
They're interesting characters. I'm keen to discover how much of it is the party buying into Kabru's apparent cult of charisma and how much they're willing to do shady things themselves.

What happens with Kabru when one of his party becomes a liability/point of conflict could be very interesting.
>>
File: 1492172960047.png (192KB, 487x304px) Image search: [Google]
1492172960047.png
192KB, 487x304px
>>155898910
[Angry dog noises]
>>
>>155899198
I think her and Sensei are going to be the new OTP when they actually meet up.
>>
>>155899481
She's going to give Laius a run for his money. They're going to end up competing over which ridiculous monsters is the most delicious.
>>
File: 1492201586905.jpg (282KB, 870x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1492201586905.jpg
282KB, 870x1234px
>>155899198
B I G G I R L
I
G

G
I
R
L
>>
>>155899319
I think it's the opposite. Kabru's a "professional" who has always been around shit humans. He's built to fight and be suspicious of humans. His methods are dirty because that's what he knows.

Maybe he grew up in a crime-ridden hole or something. I bet he'd think the idealistic hero just looks stupid and would be scammed or something. (like Farlyn and Laius)
>>
File: img000025.png (438KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000025.png
438KB, 1128x1600px
>>155899319
>people finding actual beauty in the dungeon for example or appreciating it for itself is just outside him entirely.
I'm pretty sure he's completely anti-dungeon
>>
>>155899364
You should probably drop this manga then. To me a lot of the charm of it is that it takes a ridiculous crazy awesome concept but then plays it entirely straight. It's been shown basically from the start that this is a serious business in the end, but they're pro enough at this point that they can find their way through stuff with luck.

>>155899367
Sounds like he just was hoping it'd go full wacky. Personally I've always liked that it's a well balanced mix. It's not like we haven't seen flashes of lots of others that all have their own goals.
>>
>>155899524
Oni-chan gonna get jelly.
>>
>>155899598
That's what anon is basically saying. He can't even fathom the idea that someone can actually like something about the dungeon and NOT be evil/a bad person.

Meanwhile in Laius's party you have:
>A monster fanatic.
>A professional who needs the dungeon for income.
>A person studying dungeons in order to create her own.
>A guy who basically lives in the dungeon and uses it as a larder and hunting ground.
>>
>>155899598
Kabru seems like he's completely convinced that he's the "hero" that will save everyone from the evil evil dungeon. Hero complex to the max.
>>
>>155899584
I dunno, that's not what I got from his choice to not follow those revivalist crooked strategy or his impassioned speech regarding villages being destroyed and shit. I think he's being entirely serious, hell it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out in his backstory that HIS village was destroyed or some shit like that. Seems like in this world this sort of situation has played out before. He's got a "moral compass" but it's somewhat built around his distortion and it has no flexibility.

I guess he could be somehow outright manipulative bastard but at least so far that seems a lot less likely then he's just distorted.

>>155899598
That's... what I said? He's entirely anti-dungeon. So when Laius and go talked about how a lot of the parts of the dungeon were kind of cool or Marsilla remarked on what an incredibly well designed and balanced system it was, those are sentiments he'd just find impossible to understand. Or he'd even think they were evil.
>>
>>155899720
>A person studying dungeons in order to create her own.

Granted, this one sounds far less innocent without knowing about her and Farlyn's ecology studies
>>
>>155899613
>You should probably drop this manga then

Already did. Read the thread.

>To me a lot of the charm of it is that it takes a ridiculous crazy awesome concept but then plays it entirely straight.
It DID play it straight. Until this chapter when all of a sudden we see misunderstandings(tm) begin to form. Watch, in a few chapters this manga will have gone from entertaining to endlessly frustrating as the progress slows down to a grind.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
>>155899901
It also sounds a lot less innocent when you consider her studies of dark magic.
>>
>>155899836
It's basically implied that he's a survivor from one of the destroyed villages. That kind of event is definitely enough fuel to turn him into the crazed wannabe hero he is. The main question I have is what kind of fucked up shit he could've done in the past to become so specialized in PvP fighting. Maybe he was a mercenary or a vigilante killer? His party wasn't too shocked at how he disposed of the corpse collectors, so I'm guessing he's done similar shit before.
>>
>>155899912
>Until this chapter when all of a sudden we see misunderstandings(tm) begin to form

The fuck are you talking about? We saw this happening in the chapter when the party got resurrected, where it was actually "miunderstandings(tm)"
Now, we're just seeing Kabru's twisted logic that forces himself to the center of the world.
>>
>>155899796
Right. We've got a lot of D&D archetypes that get played with in this series of course, maybe Kabru is the Lawful Good mold with the needle dialed all the way to Extremist. The type who would see Evil in a village and burn it down if "that's what was necessary", not as a first step or anything, there'd be attempts at something else first, but if those failed there wouldn't be any hesitation to go all the way either. Messiah-complex territory, maybe even somewhat justified.

Although Kabru doesn't seem to actually have the skill/experience to back it up, but it's a well known psychological phenomena that incompetent people tend to overestimate their own competence while competent people tend to rate themselves lower, because the latter know exactly how much they DON'T know.
>>
File: 1162890095764.jpg (329KB, 1060x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1162890095764.jpg
329KB, 1060x1497px
>>155899991
>>155899796
So we're talking like an Archer type of guy, dark skin included, except without quite as idealistic an origin or the same kind of inherent skill, polish and experience. But still, cynical, greater good and all that.
>>
>>155900025
>maybe Kabru is the Lawful Good mold with the needle dialed all the way to Extremist. The type who would see Evil in a village and burn it down if "that's what was necessary"
I think what you're describing is closer to Chaotic Good.
>>
>>155900025
Yeah that's the Dunning Kruger effect in full force. It looks like he's planning on taking advantage of the samurai's party to get deeper into the dungeon since he's realized how hopeless it would be for his party. I can't wait to see how btfo'd they'll be if they ever encounter the dark elf.
>>
>>155900120
The samurai's party seems very competent, I'm just not sure how much they know about the dungeon/monsters.
>>
>>155895414
Since the very first chapter. How's alzeihmer treating you, jijii?
>>
>>155900097
Archer's cynicism makes him different from Kabru though. Kabru is much more idealistic in that he thinks that destroying the dungeon will save humanity. His twisted world view is more akin to Light from Death Note, but minus the intelligence.
>>
File: file.png (696KB, 726x1009px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
696KB, 726x1009px
How did Chilchak learn this?
>>
>>155900244
Wow, literally deepest lore.
>>
>>155900209
Sorry, I should have said EMIYA or something, ie., Archer before he actually was executed and became a counter guardian. There was a period between his young total idealism and when he gave up on it entirely where he was definitely had seen a lot of the ugly side of the world but was still determined to be a hero. But that often meant a few deaths to save the many. I agree it's not an exact match at all and I can see where you're going with the DN idea.
>>
>>155900244
Don't know but Doge is getting food as a reward/payment so it can't be a bad experience with Doggos.
>>
File: file.png (68KB, 407x371px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68KB, 407x371px
Alas, I'm cursed with a lack of creativity.
>>
>>155900106
>I think what you're describing is closer to Chaotic Good.
No way, Kabru is no robin hood flexible gruff-with-a-heart-of-gold type, he's a Crusader. Crusaders traditionally are sort of the darker/extremist version of Lawful Good, remember "Lawful" doesn't necessarily mean "moral" or anything in D&D where there are lots of gods and ideologies to follow.
>>
>>155899378
oh so that's where that phrase is from
>>
>>155899999
Quints confirm that other anon is a faggot.
>>
>>155898215

For one thing, this isn't really a misunderstanding. Laius's party did, in fact, steal their food, and they did take all their 'treasure' (but they didn't steal it, they got rid of it and it was for their own safety). Moreover, brown boy is clearly manipulating the rest of his party into hating Laius and co. It's a half-valid complaint combined with malicious intent.
>>
>>155899481
What would a dwarf/oni crossbreed look like?
>>
>>155900425
The same argument could be made for lawful evil. Kabru is obviously not interested in serving the "greater good", but rather his own ambitions disguised as the greater good.
>>
>>155900649
The only question is whether he realizes it or not.
>>
>>155900602
an average-sized person with beard and horns.
>>
>>155899999
>Those fucking numbers, checked
>>
>>155900602
I don't know, but I know I want to fuck it.
>>
>>155900649
>>155900425
or we could not use D&D morality, and just say that he's a sociopath.
>>
>>155898215
You don't really understand what serializations are do you?
>>
>>155900649
>Kabru is obviously not interested in serving the "greater good"
How is that "obvious"? I don't get all the certainty anons are suddenly having in him being "evil" or "manipulative" or whatever. All his actions are totally consistent with him being absolutely dead serious about all dungeons and monsters being an abomination on the world that must be destroyed no matter what, and that humans who profit off of them and treat them just as a commercial or research opportunity are also evil in turn. He might be giving the rest of his party and others Kool Aid, but he sure seems to be drinking it himself also.

That's what makes him a crusader/lawful good type, he may actually fully believe it. I don't see why any anons would have trouble with this being the case, some of the greatest atrocities in history were committed by people who believed in total good faith that they were doing the right thing for the right reasons and thought themselves as noble, good people. It's not sociopathic either, they empathize and have feelings and all that, it's just through a twisted lens. This is the kind of person who burned people alive to drive out the evil spirits and cried over how sad it was that they had to do it for their own good. It's different from being the ceo of some megacorporation seeking to corrupt or use the law to enrich themselves.
>>
File: yotsuba no.jpg (107KB, 818x479px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba no.jpg
107KB, 818x479px
>>155900733
>let's not use D&D in Delicious in Dungeon
>>
>>155900244
He's apparently been screwed a lot in the past. It's probably why he advises newbies to use the guild for contracts, as the guild probably offers some sort of insurance or enforcement on payments.
>>
>>155901232
But this is Wizardry-based and there is only Good-Neutral-Evil. There is no lawful-Chaos alignment present in that one.
>>
>>155901232
D&D morality is dumb as shit and way too broad.
look at the last thread, it got into arguments of whether things were lawful good or lawful neutral, which makes sense, because they're really not all that different.
>>
>Parties meet/fight/fight sorceress, misunderstandings gets cleared up.
>He's the only one still screaming at his team with them looking at him with pity.

That's what I think will happen, but I know the writer of this manga won't disappoint.
>>
>>155900534
I'd say that the food wasn't stolen either. Their barley was leaking out of a hole in the pack, and would have gone to waste if they just left it on the water.
>>
>>155899545
OnixSenshi OTP
>>
>>155901411
Dunno, I feel like a more genuine philosophical disagreement might be possible. Remember Laius saying he'd think about what to do if he won, when they were eating bread with the orcs, and his whole journey really. And what if Farlyn ends up in some way tied to the dungeon? I could see him seeking to become the master of it but to actually preserve it, with the goal of keeping it contained as its own world without harming the surface. While Kabru would then argue that he'd inevitably fail eventually at which point people would suffer, it had to be destroyed immediately because the monsters (and I'm sure he'd count the orcs) or Farlyn by herself or whatever didn't matter one bit in comparison.

Kabru getting totally BTFO might be kind of satisfying but I feel like arguments/fights are the most interesting when both sides have a point even if you agree with one more.
>>
>>155898416
>and finding a resurrection service
The fact that he was the corpse collectors' reviver, no? And he was the nicest of them, what's with trying to tell the fuck-ups that they were done in by treasure bugs and being unwilling to go with the leader's plans.
>>
>>155901411
I just hope they fight it out without any serious repercussions or not at all and just get along with Kabru grumbling in the background. If it does screw up the plot or turn it in dark then it would be too contrast to the manga's original theme of being comfy cooking in DnD.
>>
File: 1492199372827.png (58KB, 381x279px) Image search: [Google]
1492199372827.png
58KB, 381x279px
>>155901232
>wanting /tg/ to crash these threads with no survivors
>>
>>155901782
/tg/ have been in these threads near the beginning.
>>
>>155901639
>Implying he isn't going to open "Laius and Senshi's Gourmet Dungeon Bar and Grill" at the end.
>>
>>155901782
The threads have had /tg/ in them since pretty much the start and there is pretty much always a matching thread on /tg/ as well for each new chapter.
>>
>has a harem of cute girls at his beck and whim
>still chases Farlyn down into a dark, smelly dungeon
That's some dedication.
>>
>>155901479
Kind of, they did take all of it even what was in the pack. I think it'd be more reasonable to point out that merely taking some barley is a pretty damn fair fee for dragging them all out of the water and saving them from being perma-killed. If Laius party had had a reviver of their own and done it they'd apparently be entitled to a very hefty fee in actual gold. Making sure they could be revived at all and casting a charm to keep them safe when they were poisoned seems like it'd be worth money also.

That's actually my real bone with them there, and it wasn't Kabru doing anything it was all of them. I'd expect professional adventurers to be a lot more philosophical "they took something but they saved our hides, guess that's a square deal, they could have just disposed of us". Could call them fanatic amateurs, but they didn't begrudge paying for revival or demanding it should be free, I don't know why they aren't a bit more generous there, any of them.
>>
>>155901918
>>155901818
Since the sandnigga appeared they went nuts with muh PVP build and muh aligment.
They need to cool the fuck down.
>>
>>155901947
japs love the blonde girls
>>
>>155901856
I didn't imply that, I just see no reason they couldn't do it in the dungeon, greatest food in the world but you have to earn it. Marcille could run her own branch of university or study the ancient arts out of the reach of anyone. Maybe they could make the whole deal into an adventurer training grounds with bar & grill and inn.
>>
>>155902001
I don't particularly mind build talk, as it can give insight into the characters a bit, but alignment talk is always insipid as fuck.
>>
>>155899198
too thick
>>
>>155902246
I don't understand
>>
>>155902246
Wrong.
>>
File: elffeels.jpg (42KB, 604x284px) Image search: [Google]
elffeels.jpg
42KB, 604x284px
>by their fruits, ye shall know them
>>
>>155901947
>going for kunoichis that are used up during training and smelly humanoids
>or go for pure and kind hearted healer oneechan
>>
>>155900425
>Crusaders traditionally are sort of the darker/extremist version of Lawful Good,
nigga, that's Lawful Evil
>>
>>155901293
then Kabrus is plain Evil
>>
>>155901979
irritating Kabru's group doesn't even seem to have respect for the other guys being stronger.
>>
>four different parties this deep into the dungeon + one very angry dark elf and a cute dragon
This is going to be a clusterfuck. Someone will probably accidentally kill Farlyne.
>>
File: 1489534338771.png (27KB, 216x297px) Image search: [Google]
1489534338771.png
27KB, 216x297px
So, being serious /a/, how long would you like this series to run?
I'm hoping for at least 30 volumes
>>
>>155902732
>four different parties
Im counting three, whos are the other?
>>
>>155902820
Too long. Once the sorcerer is dealt with and that farly's fate is decided, there's nothing left to add. It' rather the author makes another manga instead.
>>
File: 1479029273667.jpg (59KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1479029273667.jpg
59KB, 500x550px
>>155902732
>Someone will probably accidentally kill Farlyne.
Cute dragons don't die
>>
>>155902834
Old gnome, old gnomess, dark-skinned girl with a funny face, her brother and Namari, I would assume.
>>
>>155902834
Yeah, it's just three. Forgot the gnomes already bailed out.
>>
>>155902964
Farlyn is definitely going to die in the end.
>>
>>155903005
Hey, fuck you.
>>
>>155897078
The oni is perhaps the only waifu worthy for the absolute madman himself other than his imouto
>>
>>155902880
but, what about the possibility of more Dungeons?
what if current one is actually connected to a series of dungeons?
the fact the author pretty much established that both elves and Dwarves/Gnomes both seek the spell for eternal life which might be the one dark elf used to keep the souls of the kingdom's citizens trapped inside the dungeon[spoiler/]
>>
>>155902880
"once the dragon is dealt with and that farlyn is saved, there's nothing left to add."
>>
>>155903065
There's more dungeons, but they're not the concern of this story. It's about this dungeon.
>>
>>155903005
Nah she's going to end up becoming a part of the dungeon, therefore Laius and co need to find a way to preserve it from shitheads like Kabru. Dungeon defender sequel.
>>
>>155903005
I see you're going for the "Rumiko Takahashi" gambit, where after all the plot lines have been resolved everything resets back to the beginning so the characters can continue their wacky adventures like all that character development never happened.
>>
>>155901782
/tg/ has been in these threads since before you, newfag.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (141KB, 715x590px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
141KB, 715x590px
>>155903005
>>
>>155903270
Actually I've been in DM threads since day one.
>>
File: 1487659263565.gif (307KB, 697x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487659263565.gif
307KB, 697x400px
>>155898593
They are cunts, but endearing cunts.
They act so smart but fucking idiotic at the same time, transforming a cold and calculated thought processes into some edgy analysis on how everybody is in fact, shit.
It is like that amusing cousin who starts spouting conspiracy theory that he got from leddit, and you listen to him in some morbid curiosity.

And you have to admit, brownman have maxed out CHA stats.
>>
>>155903005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQJoSHKefU
>>
>>155899198
Managed to become best grill in a few panels in one chapter. HOW CAN ELVES EVEN COMPETE?
>>
>>155899098
They have a connection with Sureau, Laius's ex-bro.
Chances are, they will peace out, and discuss about the Chief's beautiful wives regarding their THICC-ness

That is, unless Kabru decides they are monsters and should not act like humans to begin with, then back cross them out of some twisted justice.
>>
>>155897078
>no qt oni to crush me
>>
>>155898766
some asspull for sure
>>
>>155903865
Yeah Kabru does view all monsters as evil, so it wouldn't be surprising if he tried to twist everything so that they attacked the orcs. Like making it look like the orcs tried to kill a party members of his or something.
>>
>>155903865
Laius only got to know the orcs through Senshi after splitting up with Sureau, so any connection is very tenuous and might just not come up in conversation at all.
>>
>>155899796
Man, I fucking love characters like this, where they legitimately believe they are the hero of the story but they are actually the scumbags or the side actor of the story.

I don't know, it is endearing to watch them try so hard, and suffer when they understand how insignificant they are.
>>
>>155901947
>Stupid Laius left recklessly in a hurry without a real plan
>can't believe I have to navigate this stupid place with these sloppy meatshields
>Why did I leave their group too soon maybe it was because namari set the mood and I just follow suit
>I should've stayed with them. We had a better chance together if I told them I was getting help
>Oh crap it really is my fault I rushed everything
>I just wanna see farlyns smile again
>>
>>155894525
>This guy seems pretty outright suspicious, almost paranoid, not to mention his manipulative behavior, as a default, so...
I'm kinda disappointed by this development to be honest, I liked them as just a fairly unfortunate group who'd suffered an understandable misunderstanding that'd lead them into conflict with Laius' group
>>
>>155903005
I think a parallel will be drawn between Laius' party and the dark elf. The dark elf who was (probably) driven by the the death of the king to create a dungeon full of deadly monsters where the souls of the towns people a forced to linger on endlessly and Lauis' party who drove themselves into the depths of the of the dungeon with little supplies and even went as for as to use forbidden magic to revive Farlyn when both Laius and the elf probably should have accepted that tragedy happened and tried to move on rather than attempting to do the impossible, which is reviving someone who was long dead and trying recreate the happy life you used to have.
>>
File: yaranaika_elf.png (121KB, 529x250px) Image search: [Google]
yaranaika_elf.png
121KB, 529x250px
>>155903857
>lost to a THICC orc
>lost to a THICC oni
>>
File: Laius tactician.png (481KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Laius tactician.png
481KB, 1125x1600px
It's terrible that this guy thinks so low of a nice bloke by Laius
>>
>>155900097
Not really, Archer is an inherently a good person, who could not cope with being used by the system and the justice he had to dish out.

Kabru thrives in the dirty system, and uses it for his benefit. Then, he believes he is the GOOD GUY of dungeon by some mental gymnastics and calls it a day.
>>
>>155904159
I think it fleshed out the story, actually.

I mean, I get that Kabru is officially a cunt now and it is good enough to start disliking him

But still, I think it shows the ""dark"" side of the dungeon, instead of some happy go lucky adventurers who make an imperial cuisine out of everything they meet in the way disregarding the race of time to get to the sister before she dissolves

It fleshes out the corpse hunters, gives exposure to the assholes above ground and above all else the Kabru party themselves make you think "wow, even in this world, there are THESE cunts" and not everything is all roses and daisies.
>>
>>155899089
I'm a spic and I want to see him dragged, beaten and humiliated out of his shitty messiah complex.
>>
>>155903952
Well, the Orcs are well-acquainted with Lauis enough to talk about the Chief's wife and barely get away with it.

As long as samurai yells out Lauis's name mid-fight, it should act as a lubricant for some mutual cooperation.
>>
>>155903932
Let's be fair here. Given what we have seen of the orcs he'd be entirely correct to assume so.
They've:
Killed everyone other than the party unprovoked from an arbitrary claim at territory that clearly couldn't have been claimed by them first since the existence of the dungeon was revealed to misc non-orcs first.
Were going to kill the party anyway.
Was talked/bribed out of murdering the main party and got to friendly terms BUT
even them being friendly is just used to sic an angry blood sorcerer of dark magiks most foul upon them for the sake of convenience.
Add in a dash of Marcille pointing out that the reason orcs and everyone else doesn't get along is because the orcs kept on attacking and raiding other people's territory which would describe the exact situation we're seeing here.
The orcs are just fucking dicks. They are amusing but killing them all on sight if you're capable of it is clearly the smart and safe move.
>>
>>155896153
Despite how unlikely it is, I really want to see Samurai call bullshit on Kabru's manipulation antics.

I want to see Samurai out-keikaku them somehow, making the Kabru party further hate Laius's party thinking they are the victims while Laius are the bad guys.
>>
File: 1460483000677.jpg (202KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
1460483000677.jpg
202KB, 1100x950px
You know, assuming that Kabru survives long enough to figure out how Marcille used an legitimately unethical and forbidden magic to revive Farlyn into a fucking dragon, I wonder what will ensue.

I can only imagine the shitstorm and his JUSTICE-boner rocketing through the roof.
>>
How can Kabru be so good at remembering people and deducting motives and still utterly fail to reconsider whether the corpse robbers lied to them when they previously said they were robbed? It's like he only wants to see negative things about people.
>>
>>155905115
You answered your own question. He has a very strong confirmation bias because of his hero/messiah complex.
>>
>>155898766
Maybe he has a firearm called by a girl's name? I figure the water would get mixed with the gunpowder if it's very low-technology. Are there gunpowder weapons in Wizardry?
>>
>>155899598
But is Kabru actually wrong? Will people and dungeons be able to live in peace if the adventurers disappear to keep the dungeon in check?

Whether his argument holds any water or not will basically decide my feelings towards Kabru as a whole. He seems misguided at this point.
>>
>>155905115
Well, the corpse robbers didn't have their treasure+food so that only adds to his confirmation bias.
>>
>>155904638
It's a good job at making the setting just as important as the characters. The Governor isn't just a background element for flavor, his presence impacts the actions of many characters and also ties into the larger plot about the various major powers at play surrounding the dungeon. Characters have backstories that tie into something important and as we learn more it branches into this web of intrigue.

Like, Kabru is a cunt, but he's also like you pointed out a view into the shady aspects of the Dungeon. Laius and Co went into the Black Market and within 5 pages were baking bread. Which isn't to say their stories don't introduce aspects of the dungeon that could be seen as unsavory, just that it's not the focus. Through Kabru we see the dungeon from less rosey eyes, everyone is out to con someone and get wealth and not finish the mission and clear out the dungeon. And the why isn't just because "lol nobody cares" most adventurers just want to get a steady income or are prospectors seeking their fortune and moving on. It reminds me of the Wizardry OVA where only a handful of adventurers actually tried to get the necklace and the rest just chased treasure.

It's what makes this series such a good fantasy series and why so many other modern fantasy stories fail. Solid worldbuilding makes the setting feel fantastic and not just rote or cookie cutter.
>>
>>155905237
The dungeon has immeasurable potential to help everyone out, like Marcille has pointed out. It could be used as a farm and for research purposes (like the secret to eternal life), not to mention the majority of the above-ground city's revenues depends on the dungeon. Just getting rid of it all willy-nilly is going turn the town into a ghost town since everyone will be out of a job, which ironically Kabru wants to avoid.
>>
>>155899598
This is somewhat off-topic, but is this the only dungeon around in the world?

I mean, there are some natural caves out there that function similarly to a dungeon in Farlyn backstory, but I just find it hard to believe that this is the only dungeon around.

How the fuck is a single dungeon supposed to keep the economy afloat, create enough interest to train to combat monsters, and generate a "dungeon culture" of resurrestion, corpse hunters, monster cuisine, dungeon guilds, etc, etc?

I'm a dummy for economy but it kind of sound far-fetched.
>>
>>155905350
It's also trapping the souls of a shitton of people. Like, an entire nation's worth of souls. It needs to fuck off. They can have the other dungeons that wasn't conjured up by a crazy elf.
>>
>>155905462
The dungeon attracts people just like how the gold rush did. E.g. a bunch of other services not related to dungeoneering also pop up in order to serve the growing population.
>>
File: 1482851430509.jpg (54KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1482851430509.jpg
54KB, 225x234px
>>155898215
>barely see result
>nothing has been executed
>hurr durr I dont like inconvenience
What is it so hard for these type of /a/ fags to handle dramas. No wonder you're stuck with shit taste.

Whatever, see you next month again.
>>
>>155902964
When did this happen
>>
So far we have three general schools of thought in regards to the dungeon

1. Opportunistic: Corpse robbers/governer/elves/dwarves: The dungeon is only good for what it provides, empty it and move on or leave it as is for further economic exploitation.

2. Symbiotic: Laius's party: The dungeon is an important resource that is a benefit as long as people act responsibly and the monster ecosystem is kept in check/balance.

3. Hostile: Kabru&Co: The dungeon is a menace that needs to be dealt with while the possibility still exists and prevent the monsters from escaping above ground.

So we have set up an argument, what do you think will be the resolution that brings these three groups and provides a decent conclusion that all three can be satisfied with?
>>
>>155902964
Ah, I see it's an edit of a panel from chapter 28. That threw me for a loop there.
>>
>>155905630
See >>155905650
>>
>>155905462
There are several dungeons in that fantasy world, in that setting a dungeon is a generic word for an underground environment where mana is trapped and accumulates, warping creatures and creating its own ecosystem. Not all dungeons have ruins, it's probably quite rare, this dungeon is an entire kingdom pulled underground so it should offer a fair bit of looting.
>>
>>155905643
2 and 3 obviously contradict each other. There's no way they'd be able to reach a compromise.
>>
Who's cuter, Fionil or Marcille?
>>
>>155905462
Yes, it's the only dungeon we know of with built in reincarnation. That's why everyone and their moms wants it. Also, the dungeon is in a tiny island so I guess that's how they keep going economically? I don't fucking know.
>>
>>155905770
fionil has sex hair.
>>
>>155905711
I can already see the conversation.

KABRU: dungeons killed my family
LAIUS: well maybe if you guys didn't suck dicks the dungeon wouldn't spill out of control
>>
>>155905820
Laius: monsters taste good we must preserve their habitat
Kabru: what the fuck man
>>
I honestly really like Kabru's party. They're refreshingly different, plus I love watching kabru fail.

And tsundere mage is hyper-cute.
>>
>>155905862
Also, am I the only one reading the Kobold's lines in Scooby-Doo's voice?
>>
File: 1489752804293.gif (625KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489752804293.gif
625KB, 200x200px
>>155905512
The gold rush analogy makes sense, but it is jarring.

Look at Laius discussing about resurrections in the dungeon. He explicitly said that resurrections are limited to this dungeon only, and does not work above ground. For one, how do you generate a borderline-crazy attitude like that? I mean, killing/dying in dungeon is okay, but if you die above ground you are fucked? The sexy brown siblings were the same too, they were just left to die with no sense of danger because they got a resurrector in the party.

If you look at it deeper, then you also have to think about how resurrection even came to be. How does an advanced healing spell even come to be, when the dungeon is the only place to use it? Use it in a microcosm world where the person have to die in an artificially created dungeon, if you want to be resurrected above ground?

I must be thinking too deep into this, but its jarring as hell.
>>
>>155905990
That's iffy for me as well.
Why do mages even know of resurrection spells, if they only work in the dungeon?
>>
>>155905990
Yeah the mystery behind how the dungeon is able to tie souls down is why everyone, especially the elves, want to get their hands on it. Think about how fucked it would be if they figured out how to replicated it so that they would never permanently die. This is why elves are shady as shit.
>>
>>155898215
>extend the manga needlessly for money

As far as I'm concerned the first artificial extension was when killing the dragon and resurrecting Farlyn wasn't the end.

But like others have said, as long as it's good I don't give a shit. The vast majority of serialized manga is fly-by-night seat-of-the-pants storytelling anyway.
>>
Everyone in Kabru's party is a deluded piece of shit and deserves to die except for doge. Doge is pure.
>>
>>155905706
Those are the "natural" dungeons with nothing to offer besides monster bits, however.
Researchers, mages, and knife-ears might go nuts for that shit, but these are hardly enough to generate the interest to create an entire field of it.

It would be nice if the plot show a bit of overworld world-building, just enough to mesh in the dots.
>>
>>155905922
I was reading it in this dog's voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXtWeDTQIY
>>
>>155893522
he's dark skined too like that elf. Author hates people with dark skin apparently, typical nips.
>>
>>155906047
The resurrection spells are just healing spells. Since you come back to life once healed enough it functions as a resurrection spell
It probably got first found out when people who kept on trying to save their comrades actually kept on managing to heal them after they were already dead.
>>
File: 1490176181760.png (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490176181760.png
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>155906177
I don't blame them
>>
>>155906180
But they refer to healing spells and resurrection spells as different things, several times. Hell, Marcille's spell is completely different from the commonly used one, too.

Does this author have a twitter? We should pester her about it.
>>
>>155905469
Yeah, but that wasn't in Kabru's thoughts at all. Doesn't even seem to have occurred to him at all. You can use that in a separate argument, but not in regard to Kabru's own reasoning.
>>
>>155906114
It doesn't feel like an artificial extension when you take in consideration how the author took the time to add a whole chapter of exposition with the magic paintings. All that stuff about the old kingdom and the cutie mad sorcerer. It was relatively clear that Laius was going to do more than just rescue Farlyn and go home.
>>
File: img000010.png (411KB, 861x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.png
411KB, 861x1200px
>>155906236
The common resurrection spell is just healing the body. Marcille used the dark arts.
>>
>>155906293
This, especially when the last chapter was him killing the corpse hunters so that their souls would be stuck in the dungeon. Kabru hates monsters and the people who use the dungeon to make money.
>>
>>155906236
>Marcille's spell is completely different from the commonly used one, too.

I think Marcille's spell is a legitimate forbidden spell that works overground as well.
That shit is just way too sketchy, it is literally a black majick with some unholy rituals.
It probably uses a different system of "souls" than dungeons, or I would assume from how ungodly it is.
>>
>>155905990
>The sexy brown siblings were the same too, they were just left to die with no sense of danger because they got a resurrector in the party
Mr. Tanner was very worried about their adopted kids, as opposed to Namari, whose job included being a meatshield if needed.

And the resurrection center on the surface is accessed through the surface (as in you have to bring corpses through that way) so that means the souls stay bound to the bodies if they die in the dungeon even if you bring them to the surface.

Some random guy got a cursed ring that bound his soul to the body in Laius's flashback.
>>
>>155906123
I want doge to join Laius' party. They provides better food.
>>
Why are people acting like Kabru is some kind of puppeteer mastermind? All he did was withold some information, that's pretty goddamn basic.
>>
>>155906393
The ring was elven made too. Those elves are up to some shady experiments.
>>
>>155906364
>or I would assume from how ungodly it is.
What's so ungodly about it, besides looking creepy? Both spells use flesh and blood as catalysts.
>>
>>155906433
We don't know yet. Marcille says it's ok but generally speaking anything that got banned like that has a legitimate reason for being so which we have not seen spelled out yet since knowledge of it is long lost.
Or we just saw exactly why it's bad since Farlyn is now bound to a dark elf as it's dragonslave and that might have not happened if Marcelle was able to use a regular resurrection.
>>
File: img000014.png (560KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
img000014.png
560KB, 1050x1500px
>>155906433
Look at this, and tell me it is NOT ungodly, you amoral knife-ear.

>>155906323

From here, all they are doing is just healing the wounds, but in Marcille's version, she is actively molding flesh from a fucking dragon to revive her.
Some spooky antics going on with this.
>>
>>155906569
>but generally speaking anything that got banned like that has a legitimate reason for being so
In what fictional universe? Because tons of shit gets banned for stupid or self-serving reasons.
>>
>>155906405
I don't really see people calling him that. I take it more as them calling him manipulative. Maybe some ESLs struggling to find a word to describe the bastard.

He is far cry from a mastermind, I mean, it's really suspicious to save some bastards and one of the first things you hear is how they know your party and are sorry for your loss. But his hobby is collecting info on other people and he tries using his handsome face and friendly expression to make other people like him so he is manipulative as fuck.
>>
>>155906569
>Or we just saw exactly why it's bad since Farlyn is now bound to a dark elf as it's dragonslave
Which is not due to the spell's nature, but due to the fact they used Dragon meat. If they'd used goats she woulnd't have been enslaved, if any other resurrector had used Dragon, she'd be enslaved.

>>155906591
>Look at this, and tell me it is NOT ungodly, you amoral knife-ear.
I really wonder how the basic resurrecion spell looks, since it also works with flesh and blood to replace what's lost. Doubt it's much different.
>>
>>155906569
They wouldn't have been able to resurrect her the normal way since she was just bones. Marcille using dark arts was the only way. Being a dragon is a lot better than having her just be dead.
>>
>>155906606
I see Kabru as a traumatized, but good-hearted youth. He's well meaning, but he has personal issues that show themselves in his actions and his distrust.
I can see why people take his actions as underhanded or malicious, but I can't see him like that.
>>
>>155906140
Monster bits can be very valuable. Dungeons are places with higher concentration of mana, it's fair to assume that everything there is more magical than normal. The animal pelts are better quality, the bones are stronger material, the scales make better armor, the plants have valuable healing and mana-recovery properties, the gems and ore are probably infused with magic and necessary for the production of magical weapon/accessories, and so on.
>>
>>155906591
>Look at this, and tell me it is NOT ungodly, you amoral knife-ear.

So there's a bit more blood involved. Big deal.

Next you're gonna tell me surgeons are bloodthirsty devil worshippers.
>>
File: 24892922.gif (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
24892922.gif
70KB, 480x640px
>>155906709
Reminds me of how they treated Bloodbending in avatar as some intrinsically dark art despite the fact that it was potentially much more beneficial and less deadly than many other standard bending arts.

Stupid Hemophobes.
>>
>>155906775

Eh, the idea that you're literally controlling someone from the inside is a little creepy, despite it's usefulness.

Unfortunately you could only use it one night a month, so they couldn't really expand on its usage.
>>
>>155906709
>surgeons are bloodthirsty devil worshippers.
surgeons ARE devil worshippers, though.
just look at the med school-undergraduates constantly praying to the devil called GPA.
>>
>>155904880
>everyone else they've killed were the denizens of a hive of scum and villainy

Honestly, not really a big negative from what I've seen here.

They were ready to fight Laius' party, yeah, but you get the feeling a lot of adventurers tend to murderhobo their way through all encounters with the orc tribe. Then they happily became friendly with Senshi there to vouch for them.

As orcs go, and compared with the behavior of the topsiders here, they really haven't been that bad.
>>
>>155906694
>Kabru wuz a good boy. He dindu nuffin!
>>
>>155906873
The same senshi they robbed? Yeah. That's a real friendly relation there when they resort to banditry at the drop of a hat. Same senshi they used as a sacrifice against a dragon despite him being entirely friendly to them?
>>
>>155906873
They're tribalistic. It's unfair to say that they should be genocided for that alone, but yeah, their lack of cultural advancement to the same level as everybody else really does harm relations.
>>
File: file.png (825KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
825KB, 760x596px
>>155906826
But think of it this way:
There's an art that makes lightning, and for most of it's history the only use of it was to murder people quickly. A straight-up killer art.

Instead they ban bloodbending, which in addition to be incredibly good at restraining people without hurting them, could have incredible medical applications. Because bloooooooood.

It's just such a common theme in fiction, to equate blood with evil.
>>
>>155906933
He hasn't done anything actually bad so far, and his current actions are based on a misunderstanding.
>>
>>155906632
>If they'd used goats she woulnd't have been enslaved
You should ALWAYS bring a goat when adventuring.
>>
>>155906569
Golems got banned in their world because of typos.
>>
>>155906985
There wouldn't be a misunderstanding if Kabru wasn't looking for a reason to hate everyone he meets.
>>
>>155906709
What I mean is that you are using a corpse of another to patch up a new individual, though.
Like, not even transplant level, but actual fleshmolding, from brain to heart, straight from dragon flesh.

It is useful as hell, definitely, but there is a reason why it is marked as forbidden.

It is almost like saying the chimera dog from FMA is perfectly fine because you know, its like, still sane? Kind of a bad example, but you get the point.
>>
>>155906954

At least lighting is still a direct way of killing someone. Bloodbending as an art is just conveyed as being incredibly invasive.

From what we see, it makes the victim feel extremely uncomfortable, and at least during avatar, is only used to restrain bad people, so Katara only has bad feelings about it. Plus, again, considering the fact that it can only be used one night a month, and then, only by very powerful benders, would severely limit its practical use.
>>
>>155906985

> Based on a misunderstanding

Yeah, a misunderstanding that Kabru is completely to blame for since he's a petty asshole who WANTS people to be evil so he can get catharsis.
>>
>>155907034
And that's a legitimate reason when you have drunken interns making sorcerer's apprentice type situations every other week. Thank you for the fine example.
>>
>>155906985
>suspiciously specialized for PvP
>is quick to jump to conclusions about anyone he suspects is related to the black market
>mercilessly murders the corpse hunters and feeds their bodies to the fish
I don't know anon. Kabru sure doesn't seem like a gud boi to me.
>>
>>155907128
They could just increase their QA you know.
>>
>>155907086
>wasn't looking for a reason to hate everyone he meets.
Which is a believable and justifiable character flaw, he seems to have seen some shit.

>>155907100
>At least lighting is still a direct way of killing someone. Bloodbending as an art is just conveyed as being incredibly invasive.
So being uncomfortable is worse than having every bone in your body shattered by a boulder?
Imagine the incredible peaceful applications of it. Imagine cops with it, even if only the elites. They wouldn't need cables and they could capture anyone, safely and with no injuries all around. And they could resists attacks of the same nature. But no, banned for Katara's fee-fees.
>>
>>155907127
Of course he's not blameless, but it seems he has good reasons to be generally mistrustful.

>>155907146
He clearly grew up somewhere bad, but he's still trying to be good. That's the impression I get.
>>
>>155907086
Not everyone, just the people who threaten his worldview.

aka everyone
>>
>>155907098
>What I mean is that you are using a corpse of another to patch up a new individual, though.
>Like, not even transplant level

But that's literally what a transplant is. Take the working bits from a corpse and make them work for someone who's actually alive. The only reason this is different is because there's a flashier show beforehand.

And not that there aren't consequences, as we've obviously seen, but shit's forbidden all the time for illogical reasons. I'm sure looking creepy is plenty of reason for uppity institutions like religions and magic academies to take stances against things.
>>
>>155907098
>What I mean is that you are using a corpse of another to patch up a new individual, though.
But both resurrection methods do this.
>>
>>155907180

> So being uncomfortable is worse than having every bone in your body shattered by a boulder?

I'm saying that other forms of bending are at least direct. If you're going to try and not kill the person with blood bending, then that's a different story, but there's no real way it could become a common practice considering how sparce it usage is and because only strong water-benders can learn it.

> Imagine cops with it, even if only the elites. They wouldn't need cables and they could capture anyone

Yeah, one night of the month. Would you think that paying someone to work only 12 nights over an entire year would be worth it? Fuck no, besides, everyone would just know to avoid the full moon nights because 'that's when the elites come out'. It's not practical at all.
>>
>>155907213
I get the impression that he thinks he already is good, and he regards anyone who seems to be a better person to be secretly corrupt. He's got a persecution complex worthy of a light novel protagonist.
>>
>>155907386
>If you're going to try and not kill the person with blood bending
Looking at it's most prominent users, it seems it's much easier to kill someone with literally any form of bending besides water healing, than it is to kill someone with bloodbending.

Regardless, it's absurd to regard it as an evil art when you can do the same with metal cables or rock handcuffs, only worse and with a higher likelyhood of hurting the target.

>>155907386
>Yeah, one night of the month.
It's been shown you can learn to bloodbend without the full moon. Which I always thought was pretty logical, since the full moon was always just a base power-up, meaning any sufficiently strong and skilled bender could overcome the need for the crutch.

And how is it not practical? Have you seen the shit the criminal users of the technique can do?
>>
>>155907449
Victim complexes tick me off because they're so prevalent irl. It's even more insufferable when they're combined with hero complexes. "Everything else is to blame for my misfortunes and I also know what's best for everyone".
>>
>>155907254
Yeah, I get where you are coming from

Personally, it feels like one of those old sci-fi stories about jumping bodies via making clones of yourself, leading to immortality. At that point, what is the body anymore? Is you soul the actually definition of you, now?
Also, if you can mold your body anyway you like, what is the purpose of the body anymore, what is real?
It might be a bad analogy, but that is what it feels like, a down right fuckey feeling.
>>
>>155906709
It fucked her soul up though.
>>
>>155907721
No it didn't.
>>
>>155907746
Did you not read it or did you assume she was ALWAYS part dragon?
>>
>>155907801
And Kabru and company are now "part goat". How is that different from the normal method?
>>
>>155907688
Come on, there is a reason normal revivers use goats. The only different thing about Farlyn's situation was that the meat replaced her whole body. We basically know nothing concrete about what could be bad with Marcille's way of reviving.
>>
>>155907855
Not that guy, I could argue that dragon they used wasn't a normal dragon at all so it affected her body quite a bit, making her able to use strong spells without chanting and shit as shown.
>>
>>155907940
Maybe, but that's a problem/benefit that came from the materials used, not from the spell. Both resurrection spells use blood and flesh as raw materials. Unfortunately for Farylin , her raw materials were under the sorcerer's control.
>>
>>155907480

You could potentially use it for good things given the right circumstances, but as it was, it only served Katara to restrain bad people, like I said, which would obviously make her feel really uncomfortable with the idea of it. Hell, she only even found out about it through a fucking horror story of a scenario.

> It's been shown you can learn to bloodbend without the full moon.

Weren't the bros in Korra only able to blood bend outside of a full moon because A) Their dad said they had the most powerful line of bloodbenders ever, and B) because they were trained ruthlessly as children every full moon in order to be able to do it?

Again, that shit just aint practical, and would most likely be impossible for benders outside of the bro's family line, which is now ended because they're both dead.
>>
>>155908075
>You could potentially use it for good things given the right circumstances, but as it was, it only served Katara to restrain bad people

Sounds a lot better than burning bad people, or crushing bad people, or drowning bad people.

>Weren't the bros in Korra only able to blood bend outside of a full moon because A) Their dad said they had the most powerful line of bloodbenders ever, and B) because they were trained ruthlessly as children every full moon in order to be able to do it?
I simply take this to mean that sufficiently talented benders with sufficient practice can do it.
I mean, lightning was Royal Family only before Korra's time. Practical or not though, it's ridiculous to ban it given it's far less lethal than other arts and potentially more beneficial. All the ban did was make sure only criminals could use it anyway.
>>
>>155893522
And here I thought these guys where just idiots, turns out they're assholes as well. I won't feel too bad when Laius or the sorcerer murders their asses.
>>
>>155908149

> Sounds a lot better than burning bad people

I mean it to say that Katara has only had bad experiences with blood bending so it follows that she would consider it bad.

> I simply take this to mean that sufficiently talented benders with sufficient practice can do it.

Yeah just breed a bunch of blood benders together until, generations later, you might get someone who can do it in times other than the full moon, though they will have be extensively trained ever since they are children to be able to do it. That doesn't sound tedious and impractical at all!

> Lightining was royal family only before Korra's time

Doesn't mean it's as rare as bloodbending, considering how weird it is that firebenders can bend lightning at all, I'd make the assumption that it was just a royal technique because they never told anyone, and I doubt many firebenders would think to even try to create lightning.

Once the word was out, anyone with significant training + 'inner peace' or whatever was able to do it, that's not the case here.
>>
>>155898766
Gotta be some kind of summoner or warlock. "Her" is probably some ridiculous powerful beast he can call upon barely control.
>>
>>155899545
I did not notice the sand nigstress on the far left. Sureau really did bring a full party didn't he?
>>
>>155908455
>with blood bending so it follows that she would consider it bad.
It's ridiculous that she should be able to dictate world policy on a potentially useful and beneficial art simply because she had a bad experience with it.

>Yeah just breed a bunch of blood benders together
I doubt it's that difficult. And even if it was, the Avatar should easily be able to manage, at least. And even if it's as impractical as you say, that's still no reason to ban it. Benefits once a month are still benefits.

>Doesn't mean it's as rare as bloodbending, considering how weird it is that firebenders can bend lightning at all, I'd make the assumption that it was just a royal technique because they never told anyone
It's almost like a secret, difficult art would be largely unused outside the select clan that knows how to use it. Kind of like daylight bloodbending. This doesn't mean that with open study of the art it couldn't become useful to the masses, to some extent at least. Don't assume bloodbending is impossible just because it's only been used by the full moon. The full moon is nothing but a base powerup anyway. You could have said the same about metalbending and you saw what happened to it by Korra's time. Turns out you don't actually have to be blind and raised by moles to do it.

This is a pretty entertaining discussion anon, but I'm going to stop here to stop hijacking the Meshi thread.
>>
>>155908626
>Sandniggress

It's a catgirl.
>>
>>155908627

> Benefits once a month are still benefits.

Not really, if they were cops or something, like I said, criminals would eventually learn to just avoid doing their business on full moon nights because that's when the elites come out.

And if they only used it to like, restrain patients or whatever, that would still be a super rare application and rarely even needed, especially again, if you could only do it one night a month.

> I doubt it's that difficult

Why? From what we've seen, the two bro's in Korra could only blood bend because they came from a long line of blood benders AND were trained harshly ever since they were children.
>>
>>155908627
>>155908724
Honestly speaking? Who knows if it's even all that difficult compared to stuff like metal bending or lightning bending, considering that the latter 2 were later freely spread around and developed. Lightning bending was supposed to be super hard; Zuko couldn't do it himself while Azula was apparently super great for learning it. And now there are factory workers who do it for a living.

Blood bending may simply be hard because it hasn't been researched and developed in-depth for ease of use yet. Like how no one could metal bend before Toph; it takes someone to pioneer it and people to research it before it can be widely disseminated.
>>
>>155908560
Oh, that may be, aside from the evil sorcerer we haven´t seen anyone summon magic creatures. Well, senshi can create some Golems, but he don´t actually summon them on the spot.
>>
>>155908897

> Zuko couldn't do it himself

Only reason Zuko couldn't do it was because it was part of his nature to not have the inner calmness needed to draw the lightning out. Azula was considered crazy for knowing it mostly by people outside of the royal family, every firebender within it that we see can do it except for Zuko because of his angst.

Plus, firebending's only requirement is the whole 'inner serenity' shit. Not "You literally need to be at your absolute peak of bending during a full moon to even have a chance at doing it."

> Blood bending may simply be hard because it hasn't been researched and developed in-depth for ease of use yet.

That's basically what the two brothers dad was doing in Korra, they'd boiled it down to a science and it still took several generations of great blood benders AND the two bro's being harshly trained since they were children to be able to do it outside of the full moon.

Going by just what we've actually seen, blood bending and lightning aren't really comparable.

Toph is a special case because she's literally a prodigy and also had extremely extenuating circumstances that lead to her discovering metalbending, which again, isn't really limited by a time, more just a perspective. Toph was blind and actually trained along with badger moles to the point where she had her own perspective and style of bending, no one else did that sensory rock shit and it was only because of that that toph thought to use the impurities in metal for bending, but again, after she's figured that out and told people, there's not much holding people back from copying it as long as they're taught properly. It's not grueling training to be able to do it like with blood bending outside of a full moon.
>>
>>155909258

*lightning-bendings only requirement

woops
>>
>>155908897
Lightning bending became factory work even though Zuko could never master it because LoK is terribly written. Genetic bloodbenders that don't follow the rules was a shit idea too.
>>155909258
Metalbending is genetic; Toph had to seek out people capable of it and that was only possible because her space rock was sensitive to them for some reason. It's really only pure luck she was able to rally enough of them together
>>
>>155909451

> even though Zuko could never master it

Wasn't the only reason he couldn't do it because of the fact that he just never had the inner peace/serenity/calmness or whatever that was needed? It's certainly not though lack of skill, it's just not in Zuko's nature to be able to do it.
>>
>>155909503
It was part of his character arc. He should logically be able to do it once he actually did find balance, especially if Azula in the middle of a mental breakdown can still pull it off. But nope, even as an old man retired from rulership he still couldn't pull it off. It's never said to be a genetic skill, but seeing how pretty much every other advanced talent turned out to be, that's probably how they were treating it.
>>
All you Avatar fags go back to /co/
>>
>>155906114
Nigga did you not pay attention during the Living Painting chapter? There's clearly been shit the story has been building up to, and it's only hit the nitro since we had the Gnomes going home and talking to the Governor.
>>
>>155909616

The way Iroh talks to Zuko about it seems to imply that it is just part of his nature to not have the inner balance needed to be able to summon lightning, and that it's something that's just a part of who he is. I think Azula being able to do it even late in the series is at least partly because of her status as a firebending prodigy. I mean we've never seen anyone able to bend blue fire since her. Besides, it could be basically like a 'riding a bike' thing, where you never really forget how to do it.
>>
>>155898593
desu I actually don't mind with him messing around and fueling my contempt even further. So when the time comes when Laius party trashed him and got himself mindbroken it'll be fucking satisfying
>>
Jesus christ on a pogostick

He is descendant of the mad sorc and going to unsurp his grandmother.

Its so clear
>>
>>155903656
I can definitely see how he's managing to charm people in universe yeah, watching him lead conversations in a direction is really entertaining. I'm enjoying the shit out of Kabru.
>>
>>155909856

> He is descendant of the mad sorc

You'd think he'd be less incompetent if that were true.
>>
>>155895181
>Laius grabs Kensuke while in the suit
We all know what happens when two suits of living armor decide to hold hands
>>
>>155902820
>30
Dorohedoro length is good for a story I think. Any longer and you start a holding pattern.
>>
>>155893522
gosh darnit, why is this a monthly. it so slowww~
>>
>>155893522
I hope they get murdered by Laius's crew and feeds their corpses to the crows.
>>
>>155910198

> mfw by the time they meet Laius will be duel specced with protection magic and will be even more OP

I can't wait.
>>
>>155910225
I want the catgirl to survive though.
>>
>>155907721
Soul fuckups are just as possible in normal resurrections, according to the gnomes.
>>
>>155910251

I can't imagine Sureau's group will help Kabru's to fight Laius.
>>
>>155907855
Her personality is literally now melded with that of the dragon.
>>
>>155910288
That's if you really mess them up and only occur after possessions.
>>
>>155910345
I'd say that it's more likely that because the dragon's flesh was transmuted into Farlyn's flesh, the mad sorcerer has influence over her because "All of the buildings, money, citizens, livestock, blood and meat that exist in the dungeon is property of King Derghal."
>>
>>155910505
Did you miss the part that she was fucked up and in crisis before she ever met the mad sorcerer?
>>
>>155910610
The mad sorcerer summoned her from afar, because he is a sorcerer (and also mad).
>>
>>155905462
First of all, this dungeon promises whoever beats its master to become a king of something.
Second, when dungeon scholars studied it enough, they realized it had elven runes of ancient lost magic and soul-binding stuff, so the powers have interest in it, although they're a bit reluctant to start a war, probably.
Third, a large part of the dungeon was LITERALLY GOLD PLATED. And people have been delving in this specific one for quite a bit if they have already removed most of it despite the monsters.
>>
>>155895093
Isn't the sorcerer looking for the son? The prince and now King?
>>
>>155910887
That WAS the son, anon. The king died after being poisoned, and the son was shown to inherit the throne in the paintings in chapter 12: Palace Cuisine
>>
>>155910816
She stated that she wanted to help protect the dungeon in service to the king. There's a difference between being compelled by meat and getting your personality changed.
>>
File: Malpractice.jpg (320KB, 692x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Malpractice.jpg
320KB, 692x1113px
>>155906709
>Surgeons
>>
>>155910946
No, she said "I must find King Derghal" and when asked to go fulfill "her" intended purpose, she said "Yes, I will..." as if in a trance.
>>
>>155898766
>>155905230
Isn't he a gnome?
Maybe it's some kind of nature spirit like the Undine.
If it's a colony of spirits that are carefully groomed then things getting mixed in could definitely be bad for him.
>>
>>155911041
"As if in a trance" because her personality was being overridden by a fucking dragon.
>>
>>155911266
>"As if in a trance" because she was being enthralled by the mad sorcerer

FTFY
>>
File: 17809642.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
17809642.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>155911266
>>155911349
I just realised that i'm in a dread need of some Farlyn mind control doujinshi.
>>
>>155893522
Methinks getting rezzed might fuck people up.

Also time to countdown till both him and his party get offed by loyal Samurai retainers.
>>
>>155910251
Seraus group will be helping Laius if anything.

Also Kuro might become the pet of Senshi.
>>
>>155912134
Unless we get some
>this was all your fault
drama conflict.
>>
File: bless cat.jpg (122KB, 626x645px) Image search: [Google]
bless cat.jpg
122KB, 626x645px
korean cats > jap cats
>>
>>155912134
cabron has high CHA and he wont have a problem lying to get his way because he believes he's right
samurai will be tricked into thinking everything is laius' fault
>>
I want to make babies with that ogre.
>>
>>155896302
Namari's dad got fucked up in a political scheme.
Chilchak was guiding newbies into the local thieves guild so they don't strike out on their own and fuck up.
Senshi is a hobo who lives in the dungeon and eats monsters, of course he's going to smell bad (don't overestimate the dogbolts intelect).
The siblins got cheated out of their money while displaying good will pretty obviously.

Now compare the two parties and you realize Laius group is Neutral Good and this edgelords group is Neutral Evil by classic allignments.
>>
>>155912400
>Laius
>neutral good
>has to be talked out of eating sapient beings
>good
chaotic neutral at best
>>
>>155898215
Or just maybe the author wants to expand on the fantasy world a bit so he can have sequells in the same world setting?
>>
>>155897324
They had a hard life, became hardened people, and thus believe that everyone has to be like them.
Makes sense. People do tend to project their own thoughts upon others.
After all, people come to the dungeon to plunder the treasures, and perhaps conquer the throne of the lost golden castle. Why should Kabru really believe that Laius and co. are any different?
>>
>>155898593
So far i only think the Doggo is okay cause he's being tricked.
The others are far too shady.

>Wizard that didn't study in a propper educational institution and probably had a shady teacher. Is also probably a necromancer or something.
>Arab looking fighter who's twisting everything to suit his goals.
>Slaver Halfling who doesn't want to go through the organized criminal chanells and strikes out on his own (organized criminals are far less dangerous because they usually focus on non-violent acts to make a stable profit and thus avoid killing or messing with civilians).
>Dwarf who shittalks other dwarves for being moneygrubbers. That's like a jew hating on other jews for being stingy. Also the old man probably got caught up in a political scheme.
>The other short person....I don't know. Seems to be a warlock.
>>
>>155912571

> Why should Kabru really believe that Laius and co. are any different?

In the specific instances of Laius's party stealing their food, Kabru already correctly deduced that Farlyn was missing and that Laius's group is likely there looking to rescue her, and yet he still makes the assumption that Laius's group stole their food simply with malicious intent, rather than making the deduction that anyone with half a brain would think of, in that they probably stole their food so that they could continue further into the dungeon to search for their lost member, which would also explain why they bothered to pull Kabru's group out of the water and cast wards on them..
>>
>>155898766
Definetly a Warlock with a familliar.

Only question if it's a pact with fey or devils.
>>
>>155912711
Well no he assumed they stole their food out of necessity or desperation, but he assumed they stole their treasure just to fill their pockets.
>>
File: 1483641436664.png (258KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483641436664.png
258KB, 540x720px
>Its the anons to gymnastics to justify black magic the episode

Its forbidden for a reason. We have been already shown that humans in dungeon meshi are practical. They had autonomous robots until they became dangerous for humans, ergo they use practical things long as theyre safe.

Forbidden magic isnt safe
>>
>>155912711
The other thing is that they were dead and dead people don't need to eat.
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 414x663px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 414x663px
doujins fucking when?
>>
>>155912783
>but he assumed they stole their treasure just to fill their pockets
>Corpse Hunters tell them some other group stole their shit
>Later find out Corpse Hunters were scammers and looking to set the two groups on each other for a quick buck
>Continue to believe their story
Considering how they got hilariously jobbed in their first appearances, I'm looking forward to their new found drive making them fall flat on their faces again.
>>
>>155901947
They are all his servants as far as i can tell.
>>
>>155893522
I fucking hate him.
>>
>>155912222
It would be a really forced plot twist. It's like those players that want to have an opportunity to talk the villain into suicide just because they are experts in speechcraft or something. But high speechcraft does not equals magick. Just like high tumbling does not let you to jump on the Moon.
>>
>>155907154
Crafting golem cores is like making anime. You have a deadline to fulfill.
>>
>>155912986
That doesnt make sense, he cant be that rich guven he worked under Laius

I bet theyre his family members or old friends helping him out.
>>
>>155907860
Farlyn got enhanced dragon magic powers. Everyone in the party was quite surprised how she managed to make powerful protection shields in no time, despite having been recently dead and digested hours ago.
>>
>>155907860
She was revived with black magic also, the dragon still lives inside her anon.

Also seems like the mad sorc messed up her body too, maybe she gave her a tail?
>>
>>155906236
Remember that ressurection spells are also necromancy.

The ''evil'' label on magic depends on its consequences.

Does using dragon-blood to revive a relative and maybe give them better magical abillity as a sideffect sound evil?
>>
>>155913072

They'r probably servants/retainers to the family itself, not specifically to Sureau.

But as it was Laius's group was an apparently well known one, and seemingly very accomplished too, considering they got all the way to the red dragon the first time and only fucked up so bad because they lost all their food and were malnourished.

Could be that Sureau took up dungeoning as training or simply for adventuring, though it's obvious that he stayed for Farlyn.
>>
>>155913072
Laius and Farlyn are nobody to sneeze at. They made their fortunes while gold stripping, but they gave away the money to the supposedly injured adventurers. They're quite high-ranked in their own right, so it would make sense for the samurai in their party to be prestigious enough to have retainers as well.
>>
>>155913072
They outright said he didn't care about the money, he just wanted to test his skills like some awful nip stereotype. He really just wanted to bang Farlyn like everyone else
>>
File: 1484351818836.png (422KB, 652x712px) Image search: [Google]
1484351818836.png
422KB, 652x712px
>>155913200
Why doesnt nobody want to bang the elf?
>>
>>155912711
Laius can still want to save his sister and be shady/evil/a filthy treasure robber.
>>
>>155913235
Because the elf wants to bang Farlyn too
>>
>>155913235
Because she'd make a funny face during sex.
>>
File: 1489530197224.jpg (23KB, 234x183px) Image search: [Google]
1489530197224.jpg
23KB, 234x183px
>>155913235
They can sense the madness.
>>
>>155912222
So far everyone in Laius old group was a good person if a bit quirky.
I doubt he'll trust a compleete stranger.
>>
File: 1442351024135.png (70KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
1442351024135.png
70KB, 200x237px
>>155913235
What if she's an elven spy from the elven kingdom in the west that wants to get the sekrit of eternal life for all the long-ears?
Don't trust elves. Dwarves, gnomes and orcs say so.
>>
>>155913128
She probably got a few "improvements" from the sorcerer...
Pic Related
>>
>>155913235
Because racemixing is bad mmmkay?
>>
>>155908691
>implying catgirls can't be sandniggers
>>
File: 14413507981935.jpg (22KB, 399x179px) Image search: [Google]
14413507981935.jpg
22KB, 399x179px
>>155913235
But I want to. Always.
>>
>>155913374
Case in point. Mixing dragon flesh with human flesh to make some human-dragon-waifu.
It's bad, mmmkay?
>>
>>155901818
Can you prove?
>>
>>155913290
Anon, I can only have so many boners.
>>
>>155913304
Elves live thousands of years

Why would they want to steal such magicks? They dont, its propaganda!
>>
>>155910063
Are you retarded?
>>
>>155913304
Why are the gnomes into this, even? They seem to be interested in this magic as well. And we still don't know what the dwarves are digging for.
>>
>>155913631
Why live only for a thousand years if you could live forever?
>>
>>155896740
>Coincidence?! I think not.
meme extreme/10
>>
>>155913652
Dwarves and elves being naturally distrustful of each another is a standard fantasy trope. Although I'm sure that the author of Dungeon Meshi will give an actual reason for that trope in her setting.
Perhaps a bunch of elf wizard used some kind of supermagic to shift continental plates to make more habitable land for surface dwellers, but that caused floods and cave-ins to dwarf settlements inside mountains, killing them all, which caused the dwarves to go to war against the elves.
Typical stuff like that.
>>
>it's another let's-milk-the-manga arc full of fillers about being wrong about nearly unmistakable situations while dragging the plot for 100 chapters just for the sake of money-making

I loved this since chapter 1, however, now it's all the same again and again with a frozen plot. I'm dropping this.
>>
File: marsille15.png (47KB, 235x220px) Image search: [Google]
marsille15.png
47KB, 235x220px
>>155913290
that's my fetish
>>
>>155902820
50 or so more. Of course I dont wouldnt want them to extent the current story but I hope author would cover other characters and places in the verse.

For example, you could get a good sidestory about the life of the mad sorc for example. Maybe five or ten volumes out of fall of the kingdom? Another five about dark elf herself?

To be honest I think author might be setting up for it given the coverage about the world itself. Abandoning such vast world building would be unthinkable
>>
>>155913716
Why only live 60 years if you could live forever?
>>
>>155913819
Exactly. Everyone's into the eternal life thingy.
>>
>>155913785
Dwarves and elves both inhabited this island once and waged war over it, and the elves won.
>>
>>155909775
Or mods could just do their job.

..who am I kidding?
>>
>>155913849
Exactly. I don't see why you would put this one the elves when everybody would want this sweet immortaility. The gnome mage is also interested in the dungeons magic. The elves might as well just the ones that made it the farthest because they are good at magic.
>>
>>155912841
so I assume she's such a shitty mage because she never went to the academy.

wonder where she learned her craft.
>>
>>155913959
Or she just didn't have the money to go to the mainland, cause she's a poor islander that had to be self-taught/learn from some shady hedge mage.
>>
>>155899198
What a fatass. People like this? Wew.
>>
>>155913995
Fairlyn wasnt from rich family either, there must be a tution system or village itself paid for the expenses
>>
>>155914058
Fairlyn and Laius aren't ultra-rich supernobles, but they were the kids of a village chief, who do tend to be well-off minor aristocrats.
>>
File: [fuck yous in asian].png (288KB, 282x493px) Image search: [Google]
[fuck yous in asian].png
288KB, 282x493px
>>155914051
>>
>>155914051
Thick is some epic meme people fell for. Probably made by chubby chasers too.
>>
File: slut.jpg (37KB, 260x359px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
37KB, 260x359px
>>155913959
assuming this is like the olden days, if you didnt go to school then you were probably taken in under apprenticeship. That or home schooled since she was born on the island
>>
File: img000023.png (451KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000023.png
451KB, 1128x1600px
>>155914051
she seems to like baseball
>>
File: 1492206595472.jpg (201KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492206595472.jpg
201KB, 1600x1200px
>>155914104
>village chief
>minor aristocrat
Source: your ass.
>>
File: You_Take_That_Back_Nigger.png (107KB, 293x469px) Image search: [Google]
You_Take_That_Back_Nigger.png
107KB, 293x469px
>>155914051
>>
How many chapters have already been wasted on the dumb group thinking Laius and co are evil?
>>
File: q014.jpg (248KB, 869x1242px) Image search: [Google]
q014.jpg
248KB, 869x1242px
>>155914419
> theyre not evil guys, I swear
>>
>>155914469
>resurrection with shady illumination not with sparkly one
>bad
We didn't see any side effects.
>>
>>155913582
Sureau truly has best taste.
>>
>>155914539
We did though....

She became demihuman and fused with another soul
>>
>>155914469
>saving the imouto is evil
>>
>>155914539
Except being slave-bound to the mad sorcerer.
Once the mad sorcerer finds out that ancient king Derghal managed to flee to the surface (to finally die in peace), he'll probably sic the Faerlyn-dragon upon the town and ravage the entire island surface if they don't return the king.
>>
>>155913235
Awful character. If someone dies, I hope its her.
>>
>>155914608

That wasn't really the specific fault of her spell though, it was because the Dragon was under the influence of the mad sorcerers magical control or whatever.

If Marcille had a bunch of sheep on hand and used the same spell, there would have been no drawbacks.
>>
>>155914539
we aw plenty of side effects
>>
File: 114022.png (90KB, 224x394px) Image search: [Google]
114022.png
90KB, 224x394px
>>155914647
>>
>>155914608
>>155914629
And the one who did it was sorcerer, not Marcele. Also they had to resurrect her at spot.
So how actually Laius's party is eveil again?
>>
>>155893522
There's something about this guy that makes me really mad
Maybe it's the smug attitude and the way he acts like he knows everything
I bet there's gonna be a scene where Laius will save him and he'll be all like
"i see so he's not such a bad person after all'
>>
>>155914719
They travel with a dark elf who practices the forbidden arts.
That's proof that they're evil.
Only evil people dabble in the forbidden arts.
Evil people hang out with evil people who do evil forbidden things, because they want to make use of their evil forbidden powers.
>>
File: 14413507981926.jpg (97KB, 562x585px) Image search: [Google]
14413507981926.jpg
97KB, 562x585px
>>155914779
>>
File: 1452978656462.jpg (143KB, 955x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1452978656462.jpg
143KB, 955x1280px
>>155913367
>Dragon Hybrid
Yes... Yeeess
>>
File: 14704701828830.png (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14704701828830.png
79KB, 500x500px
>>155914779
>They travel with a dark elf
Stopped reading this shitty b8 there.
>>
File: 14438769244181.png (19KB, 114x129px) Image search: [Google]
14438769244181.png
19KB, 114x129px
>>155914779
She's a perfectly well adjusted HIGH elf
>>
>>155914719
>>155914629
Sorcerer doesnt explain her sudden mana gain or inhumane power. Also theres still a dragon inside her which got in before the dark elf came up
>>
File: 1443876900580.png (38KB, 156x235px) Image search: [Google]
1443876900580.png
38KB, 156x235px
>>155914888
>HIGH elf
Yeah, she looks totally high, all right.
>>
>>155914900
So how actually Laius's party is evil again?
>>
>>155914900

> Get rezzed with dragon flesh
> Increased mana and strength as a result

Shit only went bad when the sorcerer showed up and started ordering Farlyn around, otherwise, being rezzed with dragon flesh seems like a pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>155896768
he's indian
>>
>There is only ONE Marcille doujin that is just vanilla sex and not some slime depravity or orc guro.

It's not fucking fair.
>>
>>155915226
>expecting good porn from japan
>especially when it comes to elves
They can't even do the elf-rape meme right anymore.
>>
>>155914963
The Thorndens are secretly financing the black market, their halfling thief companion is an enforcer of the thieves guild who epitomizes all the prejudices people have about the small folk, their elf mage is a suspicious academy mage, their former dwarf companion is the daughter of a greedy jewish dwarf weapons merchant who tried to trick the governor, their eastener buddy is some weirdo foreigner (never trust foreigners from really far away), and their new dwarf companion smells like he's a horrifying butcher who probably kills tons of people.

Of course we all know that Laius and Fairlyn are just naive weirdoes, Marcille's a little bit too much hung up in research, Senshi's a total bro who like your typical dwarf eremit doesn't take baths (it builds character), Sureau's a nice honorable dude, Chilchak's an experienced veteran who is trying to make sure that everyone's getting the best training and help, and Namari's dad got probably tricked by a halfling merchant (she did warn Laius that they should go to a honest dwarven merchant, and not buy stuff from a halfling weapons armsdealer, implying that her father got probably conned and had to take the fall when the governor got furious).

But Kabru's party doesn't know the details.
>>
>>155906123
Doge's going to betray everyone he realizes the power gap between his party and the dark wizard
>>
>>155914989
Mind you, perhaps the reason why she has increased strength and mana powers is because the dragon is infused with the mad sorcerer's magic power.
Everything's connected.
>>
>>155915330
>Implying the whole party doesnt scatter and get hunter down one by one
>>
File: 1492213838062.png (64KB, 358x209px) Image search: [Google]
1492213838062.png
64KB, 358x209px
>>155915292
>secretly financing the black market
gee I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>155915330
Kuro will never betray Mick. Mick gives food. Mick is a good boss.
>>
File: 55493560.jpg (162KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
55493560.jpg
162KB, 1280x1024px
>>155915292
>their elf mage is a suspicious academy mage

that much is true. didnt she get in only cause her parents influence?
>>
Anyone happen to have this author's artbooks?
Forgot to snatch them the last time they were posted here.
>>
>>155915292
And so what? We know that Laius and friends are good.
Why should we call them evil because of some edgy arab being a retard?
>>
>>155913959
She probably learned from a mage-uni dropout.
>>
>>155915411
No, she was the best of her class.
>>
>>155915485
Only because her parents are on the committee
>>
>>155915292
>their eastener buddy is some weirdo foreigner (never trust foreigners from really far away)

Said the Sandnigger while preparing his truck.
>>
>>155915457
Dude. Did you seriously think anybody calling them evil here in this thread wasn't just joking around with funny out-of-context pictures?
>>
>>155915369
I want to punch that face so bad.
>>
>>155913959
Probably like Laius

Anyways, I dont see why she couldnt enroll in the academy in the future. Medieval world doesnt have same schooling system as ours, its probably based on merit system
>>
File: 1487439819468.jpg (748KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1487439819468.jpg
748KB, 1130x1600px
>>155915433
they should be up on some manga sites without watermarks
>>
>>155915529
Proof that.
>>
>>155915411
She's a scientis in Magic-Ecology fields and researching forbiden magic to develop safer variations of it with less side-effects.
Remember that Ressurection magic is a necromancy ritual by all means.
She only used a different variation of it by using dragon blood because they had no other choice.
Side-effect being that the younger sister now became a dragon-sorcerrer but is under the influence of the dark elf because of the ritual.

>Golems became forbidden magic after Gnomes fucked up the production process on a massive scale.
>>
>>155915534
You did lots of explanations which why I took you seriously.
>>
>>155915226
She is too good for porn.
>>
>>155915681
Read their entire comment, anon. It'll save you a lot of grief later on.
>>
>>155915226
But the cursed armor one was best depravity
>>
>>155915575
Remembered the name thanks to your picture and found it right away.

Thanks.
>>
>>155915681
You didn't read his entire post. Moron.
>>
File: 14413507981933.jpg (53KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
14413507981933.jpg
53KB, 500x392px
>another chapter without new Marcille reaction images
I need a new meme-elf at this rate.
>>
>>155893522
I hate this shady bastard
>>
>>155915338

Could be, but it's not so outlandish an idea that dragon flesh would be very rich in mana and energy in general.
>>
>>155916182
That's for sure. After all, every part of a dragon's valuable.
But in this specific case, getting superstrength and supermana-reserves might be more because that specific red dragon is an undying red dragon-slave of some superpowerful mad sorcerer elf.
>>
So what is Kabru even planning to do?
>>
>>155912788
DO you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>155913164
But the "non-evil" resurrection spell uses blood and flesh, too. They used the dragon because it was there and they didn't have any goats, not because the spell required dragons.
>>
>>155917117
Crashing this manga with no survivors
>>
>>155917117
probably have sexy with all the females including the Oni
>>
>>155902820
Maybe like 60 chapters total. I like Kyoko Rui's oneshots too much for her to only to work on this.
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.