[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all its praise, I've gotten nothing out of this anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

For all its praise, I've gotten nothing out of this anime after 10 episodes. The characters' backstory are repetitive and predictable, the jokes are predictable and generic, the tone shifts happen far too often and in some cases -- in the worst possible moments.

Its only redeeming qualities aren't even unique redeeming qualities; its the fucking animation, art and music.

Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>155876928
>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit
Convince me why I should bother doing that?
I get the vague feeling you aren't enjoying FMA, so just don't watch it. You don't need to seek affirmation from /a/ every time you don't enjoy something.
>>
If you don't enjoy stop. I'd say you watch at least the first 14~15 episodes so you are up to date with the memes.
>>
>>155876928
it does start slowly but i say you should still watch it
>>155877039
let him spend hours of his life on things he doesn't like, you faggot
>>
>>155876928
>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit
if you don't like it then don't watch it. it doesn't really get going until the twelfth episode anyways so at least give it that long.
>>
>mainstream show glorified by newfags and normies turns out shit

Who woulda thunk
>>
>>155876928
it's just a good shonen
>>
Its babby´s first shonen OP
Dont worry the praise comes mostly from nostalgia
>>
>>155876928
no, that's okay. Go watch hiatus x hiatus again like the drooling retard that you are. It's for the best, really.
>>
File: gurrenlagannstuff.jpg (345KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
gurrenlagannstuff.jpg
345KB, 1280x914px
>10 episodes
You actually went pretty far into it.

>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit.

You have questionable taste, but the only anime I've ever rewatched more than 3 times is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>155876928
If you're watching brotherhood you're an idiot and it's your own fault.
>>
>>155877765
this
>>
>characters' backstory are repetitive
what does this even mean?
>>
The reason it's so well-received is that it's part of the most popular genre of anime (action/adventure), and among that genre it's one of the best paced and most complete ones, with every single major part developed to a decent extent and then taken to a proper conclusion. That is all a fact and it makes it relatively satisfying to complete.
>>
>>155876928
Watch FMA 2003 instead, it's far better and closer in tone to HxH arcs like Chimera Ant and Phantom Troupe.
>>
>>155878072
FMA 2003 is awful, full of absolutely retarded shit shoehorned in only for cheap shock value with no meaningful effect on character development other than repeating the same sources of suffering over and over again, and all of it is done with no regard for consistency so it's full of massive plot holes. The parts that follow the manga were much better than Brotherhood's respective parts but the rest is some of the most overrated shit ever.
>>
>>155878224
2003 was about people, Brotherhood was about shounen asspulls and epic final battles. Shit sucked. Not to mention 2003 actually respected equivalent exchange
>>
Watch it for these two. Thats what I did.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 400x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 400x563px
>>155878392
>>
>>155878072
You think the show with the metaphysical mumbo jumbo and weepy hand wringing half assed morality of FMA2003 is more comparable to the Hunter x Hunter than the show with the characters dealing with the aftermath of a campaign of genocide that features a number of cast members who are freakish monsters that get over their damaged notion of humanity for pragmatic reasons?
>>
I'd say if you don't like it by the 64th episode, you probably won't like it at all.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.