[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WRONG WITH SEEKING PERFECTION?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: 848893_1317872940472_full[1].png (121KB, 561x326px) Image search: [Google]
848893_1317872940472_full[1].png
121KB, 561x326px
Quick FMA Thread!

> Succeeded in absorbing 'God' and still lost

YOU HAD ONE JOB DWARF IN THE FLASH

As for his last words, in my own opinion there really isn't anything 'wrong' with seeking perfection, humans are in a way 'flawed' to not be perfect, otherwise we really would all be just like Father, a bunch of 'perfect beings' and what not.

Post characters you like and quotes they said that you like.
>>
03 was better
>>
>>155866047
It's his own damn fault for not saving up his Philosopher's Stone. At least try to dodge for God's sake, he got cocky and that became his downfall.
>>
>>155866084

'Human being must pay a steep price for their arrogance, THAT is Truth'

the ultimate irony is he got so confident he would understand everything he never even considered he too would have to pay that 'price'
>>
>>155866047
What a childish question, nobody cares if you seek perfection, just dont murder a million people along the way. Its such a dumb question you have to wonder if hes pretending to be retarded when asking.
>>
>>155866047
He thought he was seeking perfection. That he was climbing higher to reach some greater truth.
In reality he was just burying himself deeper underground

"Perfection" is a ridiculous goal for any creature but particularly ridiculous for an alchemist. Gold is not more "perfect" than lead. A philosopher's stone isn't more "perfect" than a human soul. God isn't more "perfect" than humans/homunculi
>>
>>155866494
>just dont murder a million people along the way
Isn't that in line with equivalent exchange? He had the strength to absorb God because he sacrificed 50 million people.
>>
>>155866199

I find it funny how in the first FMA anime series the end moral message is that equivalent exchange is a lie

but in the second one seems to enforce that equivalent value is real
>>
>>155867033
animeonly endings to manga adaptations tend to be shit
>>
Why did the fool who made his Daughter and Dog into a chimera not just wait 1 or 2 days until the state sent alchemist left him alone?
>>
>>155868385
His assessment was only a few days away and Ed was still looking through his study so he just transmuted and just hoped Ed wouldn't find out. It's stupid he didn't even try to hide the chimera and showed it off to Ed.
>>
>>155866047

gateway anime for underage ESL faggots
>>
>>155868457
All I'm saying is that if I were to I dunno, start a meth lab or something. I wouldn't do it the day after the cops came around snooping and asking questions. I'd wait a bit.
>>
File: Griffith knows.png (406KB, 715x714px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith knows.png
406KB, 715x714px
>>155866494
equivalent exchange demands a high price for perfection, you're a retard for thinking that's optional
>>
>>155866047
Perfection is boring. Perfection means that one cannot evolve anymore, which means stagnation. Perfection should never exist for humans to continue to evolve.
>>
>>155869171
Go away Mayuri, nobody likes you.
>>
The problem is that he tried to use other people to reach perfection, there is nothing wrong with reaching perfection the issue was how he went about to do it.
>>
>>155866056
FMAB had better art and OST. And nice chara like Armstrong's sister and Ling.

But I still think that 03 went in a good direction and became good as well.
>>
>>155868316
>animeonly endings to manga adaptations tend to be shit

In FMAs instance the original ending and message was far better and far more mature. Even, in the real world 'equivalent exchange' is a lie. What does the starving orphan who gets run over one day get in return?

The manga and Brotherhood was just a childs perception and tried to maintain that child-like naive state from start to finish because it was simple and pretty for its target audience.

The anime adaptation dared to go beyond typical shounen tropes and take on a more mature outlook and develop that outlook throughout instead of denigrating to the same-old shounen tropes we see in every other show.
>>
He was an idiot.

Though it took the sacrifice of Xerxes, he got his own body. It was essentially just a bigger flask, but he was still free to do whatever.
But instead of enjoying his freedom the moron imprisons himself under Central.

He should've been happy with what he had. Truth even calls him out on it.
>>
>>155866047
You stole your power from others and thought that purging your 7 desires would make you "better" than others. You never grew from your days in the flask.

You surely MUST have seen the answer with your own eyes...
>>
>>155866047
There's no such thing as perfection.
That's what he didn't realize, truth even called him out for seeking a thing that doesn't exist.
>>
>>155869742
What the hell are you talking about, theanga/brotherhood ending is that trying to achieve greatness isn't an excuse for running over others, and that ultimately being graced with power doesn't mean that you're inherently superior to those around you. If honestly the only thing you took away from the ending was HURR SHONENSHIT HURR you need to go back and re-watch the show. Dumb nostaligafag.
>>
>>155869742
>
In FMAs instance the original ending and message was far better and far more mature. Even, in the real world 'equivalent exchange' is a lie. What does the starving orphan who gets run over one day get in return?
I'm pretty sure that equivalent exchange is never implied to mean that you'll always and automatically get something in exchange of every bit of loss and sufffering in your life, so I don't really see hoew that starvinh orphan example is relevant.
>>
>>155870709
And of course I somehow managed to fuck up greentext.

>>155869742
>In FMAs instance the original ending and message was far better and far more mature. Even, in the real world 'equivalent exchange' is a lie. What does the starving orphan who gets run over one day get in return?
I'm pretty sure that equivalent exchange is never implied to mean that you'll always and automatically get something in exchange of every bit of loss and sufffering in your life, so I don't really see how that starving orphan example is relevant.
>>
>>155869742
>What does the starving orphan who gets run over one day get in return?
What does that has to do with anything?
>>
>>155870780
Anon in question has obviously misunderstood something about what equivalent exchange means.
>>
>>155867033
>moral message is that equivalent exchange is a lie
ed gives up his body and soul so al can have his real body back how is that not equivalent exchange
>>
>>155869171
>which means stagnation
Well then what your thinking of isn't perfection, now is it?
>>
>>155866047
Wow, you're new a shit, huh?
Lurk many years before posting.
>>
>>155866047
There wasn't though. In fact, there was no right or wrong, just one simple rule that he failed to overcome.
>>
>>155869889
>He should've been happy with what he had. Truth even calls him out on it.

>Live in shitty conditions
>Try to improve them
>LOL NO FUCK YOU

So self-improvement and making your living conditions better is not allowed?
>>
>>155866047
> Succeeded in absorbing 'God' and still lost
> Succeeded

you need to read it again.
>>
>>155871289
His Hohenheim body was anything but shitty conditions.
>>
>>155871289
The guy was virtually immortal, and had like, what, 500,000 souls worth of a stone in him.

It's just greed. It's his strongest emotion, along with Pride. That's why Greed had a strong will.
>>
>>155871530
>>155871600
So what was wrong with wanting more? You can always improve ever further. Complacency is just as bad as greed.
>>
>>155871626
There are probably a lot of drug dealers, robbers and human traffickers around who'd agree with you, so I guess you're not alone with your opinion.
>>
>>155871737
Nice strawman.
>>
>>155871626
Father pls.
>>
>>155871289
self improvement isnt bad, its the lengths he was willing to go to for that end
>>
>>155871626
>there is nothing wrong with fucking others over because you always want MORE MORE MORE
Ancap memes are meant to be ironic
>>
>>155871785
How is that a strawman? Wanting more is all well and good. Trying to get more by sacrificing others, by ruining and destroying lives, is something completely different. You can't justify atrocities by saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting more.
>>
>be homunculus
>show appreciation for your caretaker by giving him half a million souls
>he and his sons fuck your plan up 400 years later
what a sad life he lived
>>
>>155871600
>It's just greed. It's his strongest emotion, along with Pride. That's why Greed had a strong will.

Oh wow, I never got this until now. That's great.
>>
>>155871897
>sacrificing others
>ruining and destroying lives
There is literally NOTHING wrong with that. Other people are pure garbage and are meant to be stepped on to reach your goals.
>>
File: edge.jpg (237KB, 917x720px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
237KB, 917x720px
>>155872448
careful or youll cut yourself
>>
>>155872448
Okay, anon. I hope you can keep that philosophy in mind when someone steps on you to reach his goals.
>>
>>155872448
This post makes me hope that your savings get evaporated as a result of your bankers driving themselves bankrupt with shady investment practices
>>
Is the blonde prophet supposed to be Father or Hohenheim? I'm an animeonly and too stupid to figure it out by myself.
>>
>>155873590
Hohenheim
>>
https://discord.gg/ETSD4
>>
>>155869742
Eh, the end thesis of Brotherhood was that everything had a cost, and it wasn't always pretty. The cost of failure for Father was being sent back into the void, the cost of getting your brother back is your alchemy, the cost of restoring your eyesight is innocent lives. There's potential risk in every action you take, and it may be more than you expected (like getting shot in a phone booth or having your leg ripped off, or the guilt of killing so many innocents).

Al and Kimbly even talk about the idea that you can get something for "nothing" when talking about throwing the idea of equivalent exchange out the window. The show isn't about things being equivalent, it's about cost and risk, and living with consequence.
>>
>>155866047
Perfection is not perfection unless it adapts and continues to evolve.
>>
I think brotherhood overall is better but 03 was still amazing. Brotherhood being better because of more explored shit with alchemy, the truth, etc because i assume 03 version was too scared to explore more with location, alchemy, etc
>>
File: drunk kobayashi is upset.png (226KB, 331x418px) Image search: [Google]
drunk kobayashi is upset.png
226KB, 331x418px
>>155869727
>FMAB had better OST

FMAB is literally my favorite anime, and I’ll sing its praises over ’03 all day. But this is just wrong.

Unless you’re including OP’s and ED’s, ’03 had a much stronger OST.

Case in point - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwzAEwzUI8k
>>
>>155869742
>What does the starving orphan who gets run over one day get in return?
An end to his suffering.
>>
>>155870984
>Well then what your thinking of isn't perfection, now is it?
thatsthepoint.jpg
>>
>>155872448
Society is built on a fragile level of trust between other humans. If the world operated off your philosophy from the start, we'd still be hoarding nuts and fruits while looking for the bigger stick to whack the other guy with, instead of working together and securing a safe supply for everyone and ensuring ensuring security.
>>
File: FMA WP.jpg (339KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FMA WP.jpg
339KB, 1920x1200px
>>155867033
>>155868316
>>155869742
>>155870825
Nah, you’re mixing up two things. Both series reject Equivalent Exchange (EE) in a sense.

EE as a *physical* alchemical principle is 100% true. It’s just a restatement of our laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy (Matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, just changed from 1 form to another). Neither series disputes this.

The part that was a lie is that EE is the ultimate *metaphysical* moral truth of the universe.
In both series, the brothers start off thinking this is the truth; everything is a zero-sum game.

Alphonse explicitly states this in each intro for ‘03:
> Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.
Note the “in those days”, implying they’ve grown beyond the belief.

Hohenheim also says at the end of ’03 how glad he was to discover that EE was a lie in this sense, since he could never sacrifice enough to be worthy of his sons.

FMAB also refutes this with Alphonse’s explanation to Mrs. Hughes in episode 64
From the wiki –
>Gracia chalks this up to the idea of Equivalent Exchange, but Alphonse mentions that he and his brother have proposed a new way of thinking in which one does not merely repay ten in exchange for having received ten, but instead takes ten for oneself and, in repaying it, adds one from oneself in order to give the next person eleven.
>>
>>155876093
Bratja is literally the only good track from the original show.
>>
>>155866746
>>155868511
Are you dumb.
He's saying that seeking perfection isn't bad in itself.
It's just not cool to kill 100 quadrillion people for it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.