[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: f34a7cc4f95296551a5ca0e0233e8251.jpg (197KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
f34a7cc4f95296551a5ca0e0233e8251.jpg
197KB, 1024x696px
Title says it all, what is the most Kino episode of S.A.C.?

It's been a while since I watched it, but iirc S1 had the best plot and S2 had the best standalone/monster of the week episodes.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>155831006
what the fuck is kino
>>
The episode that was just a straight remake of Taxi Driver.
>>
>>155831020
/tv/ slang
>>
Pokerface
>>
>>155831006
Trial

>80% of the episode takes place inside a courtroom
>Togusa outmaneuvers the lawyer who was trying to frame him by doing exactly what the layer was goading him to do- sticking to his code of honor
>Lawyer loses the case, murderer-kun is about to go to jail for life
>episode ends with Borma killing them off-screen anyway under Aramaki's orders (cause nobody fucks with Section 9)
>the rest of the squad never learns about it
>>
>>155831615
>>155831321
>>155831045

Yup
>>
Affection is like a perfect episode
>>
>kino
Fuck off /tv/, stop saying cinema in my native language.
>>
>watching the original movie
muh existential crisis
>watching sac
where's muh existential crisis? fuck you
>>
>>155833115
That's easy,
>"SA: Tachikoma Runs Away; The Movie Director's Dream – ESCAPE FROM"

This episode juxtaposes many tenants of transhumanism against spirituality and afterlife memes covering a broad range of religious beliefs. The episode encapsulates the still present but fleeting air of mysticism and wonder that continues to persist in a world of runaway technological advancement; thus, highlighting an uncomfortable yet altogether soothing truth: progress leads to more challening philosophical quandaries.
>>
>>155831615
Why the fuck don't I remember this episode? And this is supposed to be 2nd GIG, which was less fillerish and had a more dedicated main storyline, so it should stand out more.
>>
>>155833424
It's still there, it's just that SAC does a better job of not having its themes crammed down your throat with awkward exposition
>>
>>155831045

that one was definitely the most memorable. Major was fucking cold, looking down on normal people like that, kinda hatred her after that episode
>>
>>155833714
Which episode?
>>
>>155831006

Episode 2. what pisses me off is why they didn't just let him kill the parents? There was obviously a way to survive and that was by robotics.
>>
>>155833768

don't remember title, very early in season 2
>>
>>155831006
Does anybody know who this guy is? I think he is the same person who manipulated the first Laughing Man suspect (episode 5-6).
>>
The episode with the guy in love with his waifubot.
>>
>>155833712
Yeah, but that nuanced storytelling sadly resulted in Major not struggling with the theme. I'm only a few episodes into S2, but based on that and the first season Major essentially has no character development, which makes her come across as a smug cunt most of the time. I found her a really compelling character in the movie, but now I'd rather have any other character taking the spotlight in a scene. Though if anyone has a different opinion regarding Major's personality/development I would love to hear it.

>>155833768
The Taxi Driver episode is episode 3 of season 2
>>
>>155833712
this so much

SAC > films > arise > powergap > holywood's turd
>>
>>155834615
There's some more insight into her character in 2nd Gig and the SAC movie. I agree that she's pretty wooden in S1.
>>
Just bought the manga after finding out that it got a rerelease in germany. Are the manga, the anima and the movies seperate or are they adaptions of each other?
>>
>>155834615
>baww why isn't the Major an oversentimental goody two shoes, or a reluctant hero
>>
>>155834989
the manga is a different continuity altogether, though some of it got adapted into SAC
>>
>>155834989
The movies and SAC sort of pick and choose parts of the manga to loosely adapt but they're each their own canon, so it doesn't really matter which you watch/read first
>>
>>155834764
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit actually (still agree with your ranking though). It really got my hyped to go back and rewatch the series, again. More money being pumped into the franchise can't be bad. Even if they make worse movies, it doesn't detract from the genius of the original movies and series, and there is always a chance they could make something good in one of the newer iterations.

I mean I'm sure there were hella reservations about SAC before it came out from GitS fans, and it turned out awesome
>>
>>155831006
Fake Paz
>>
>>155834990
who are you quoting?
>>
File: 213.png (752KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
213.png
752KB, 1280x1440px
>>155835977
>this scene
>then immediately cut to the ED

https://youtu.be/m7t_BjXid-w

that's some patrician taste you got there anon
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.