[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kill la Kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1488283387528.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488283387528.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Do people who believe this show is stupid have even watched it?
Did they understand what they saw?
Why do this show get so much hate?
Do people dislike originality and inventive animation?
>>
>>155805485
Trigger is too high test for some of /a/.

reminder that half of this board is just little girls posting about how much they like cute things and each other
>>
>>155805485
>Do people who believe this show is stupid have even watched it?
I watched it while it aired. Threads were fun but the story went ass on head retarded after episode 11. Honestly I really like Trigger for their character designs, storyboarding, solid voice and sound production and the sometimes good animation but scriptwriting for them is major ass.
They really need to get some better scriptwriters to work with them, I'd fucking love a Joji Enokido scripted show by Trigger.
>>
Hotblooded student goes to school to make a ruckus is the most original story since girls doing girly things.
>>
>>155805560
B-but, I think this story is great...
>>
>>155805485
>do X have even watched it?
I think you mean
>have X even watched it?
where X = "people who believe this show is stupid"
>>
>>155805624
Sorry anon, english is not my mother tongue.
>>
>>155805485
The threads were absolute cancer and I think most people here hate it because it got over hyped by retarded /co/ and leddit fags spamming it on here.

Its really average.
>>
>>155805560
>I'd fucking love a Joji Enokido scripted show by Trigger.

Oh God no. That would be even worse. Have you seen the tripe he has written recently? Star Driver and Captain Earth were abysmal even by mecha standards. He needs a good director who will look through his script and rewrite most of it like Ikuhara. Unfortunately while being a very good visual director Imaishi just doesn't give a shit about the story.
>>
>>155805616
>stutters
>using ellipses
Go back to r e ddit
>>
>>155805828
>Unfortunately while being a very good visual director Imaishi just doesn't give a shit about the story.
YKA and Penguindrum had decent stories
>>
>>155805579
this
>>
>>155805862
I'm talking Imaishi not Ikuhara there.
>>
>>155805485
it was a meme anime, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>155805485
The ending sucked really badly.
>>
It is stupid. It was fun though.
>>
The aliens twist was executed very poorly, they should have gone for more Orwell quotes instead.
>>
>>155805485
It was a good story.
I think they have terrible taste in Anime.
>>
>>155806843
It was a bad story.
I think you have terrible taste in Anime.
>>
For one, the Student Council members are referred to as the four devas, ie the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism, who are said to be protectors of Lord Sakra, living atop "Mount Sumeru" (the center of the Buddhist universe) which you'll find looks similar to the design of the strange mountain that Honnoji Gakuen sits atop. Mount Sumeru is said to be populated with terraces where different levels of Sakra's followers reside, similar to the star system in the series.
Honnoji Academy is a reference to the Honnoji Incident in 1582, where Nobunaga was betrayed by his general Akechi Mitsuhide at the Honnoji Buddhist temple in Kyoto. This is alluded to when student council member Sanageyama directly quotes Mitsuhide's famous "The enemy awaits at Honnō-ji!" speech. Ragyo = Nobunaga, the daimyo trying to unify Japan (Ragyo trying to take over the world), and Satsuki = Akechi Mitsuhide, the general that betrays her at Honnoji (the same place that Satsuki betrays her mother in the series). This also fits with the idea of the temple sitting atop Mount Sumeru, since Buddhist temples are often architecturally designed to invoke the imagery of Sumeru (you will also find images online that show Honnoji Gakuen, when seen from afar, is designed to look like a Kamui uniform with it's arms in a round circle, relating to the Buddhist meditation position where practitioners bring their hands in a circle in front of them and imagine themselves as Mount Sumeru).
>>
>>155807271
The light seen emanating from Satsuki and Ragyo is a reference to the "rainbow body" phenomen, a state of spiritual realization in Tibetan Buddhism, wherein light is said to emanate from practitioners as they reach higher levels of understanding. In the most advanced state, where one is said to have attained complete knowledge, rainbow colors are seen. Not only does light emanate from Satsuki and Ragyo, but Ragyo also exhibits rainbow colors, and at one point even specifically refers to herself as "one who knows all the truths in this world." You'll also note that during the bath scene with Satsuki (which Ragyo refers to as a "ritual") at the climax of the scene Satsuki's chakra (specific energy points on the body) are very clearly shown as being opened.
The story of Kill la Kill may be a reference to an ancient Tibetan apocalypse mythology, that predicts a war in which foreign invaders will be defeated by a king from a distant land that joins forces with the gods of Mount Sumeru to bring peace and understanding to the world (something to that effect), which is possibly a reference to Ryuko joining forces with Satsuki to defeat the aliens. More generally speaking though, the story I think focuses on Ryuko's personal "path to enlightenment" (i.e., the Way she's not supposed to Lose), and how she's helped by her Kamui (god clothing) to come to an ultimate understanding (or Nirvana) about herself and the nature of her existence, and to be at peace with it. This is most notable in that Ryuko defeats Ragyo at the end of the series, not by destroying her, but by "Absorbing" her with Senketsu. "Absorption" is a state known as jhana (meditative absorption) and is the last of the eightfold paths in Buddhist practice needed for attaining Nirvana.
>>
File: 1485224456119.jpg (34KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485224456119.jpg
34KB, 848x480px
You esl fucks are subliminally making the rest of us illiterate.
Please be kind and proofread your posts.
>>
>>155807339
There are many other possible references, including what looks like a lotus blossom (very important Buddhist symbol) during the Absorption, Senketsu possibly being a Boddhisatva, and a visual nod to Nirvana (snuffing of the flame) in Senketsu's death scene.
The story revolves around Ryuko, who's deeply upset about her father's death, and later about the realization of her true nature/existence as being both clothing and human. But at the end of the series she accepts the nature of her existence and doesn't let it affect her anymore. As a thematic central message, that sort of character progression seems to resonate with Buddhist belief, that the world is filled with suffering born from a lack of understanding/acceptance of the nature of reality and one's self (dukkha), and that peace is achieved from coming to understand and accept that nature, and not allow it to affect one's self (nirvana). While Ryuko at the beginning of the series is confused and angry by the death of her father, at the end of the series she can think back to Senketsu (who also had passed away) and smile knowingly (the fact that her father and Senketsu both share an eyepatch seems to make the parallel all the stronger). Ryuko's "way" was the path to her coming to accept the nature of life and of herself, which is why the Buddhist imagery seems an appropriate a thematic umbrella.
>>
>>155805485
>Do people who believe this show is stupid have even watched it?
I thought it was kinda dumb, watched it when it aired
>Did they understand what they saw?
yeah
>Why do this show get so much hate?
because it was above average but everyone treated it like the best god damn thing they'd ever seen and spammed the board with it.
This is the same reason why people hate(d) SAO and SNK
>Do people dislike originality and inventive animation?
Objection, leading
>>
>>155807389
>I thought it was kinda dumb
>>Did they understand what they saw?
>yeah
So you didn't.
>>
>>155805560
>the story went ass on head retarded after episode 11
No it didn't. And Enokido hasn't written anything decent in 10 years, currently Nakashima is objectively the best choice.
>Imaishi just doesn't give a shit about the story.
Few anime in recent years have more thought put into them than TTGL and KLK. People keep mistaking the lack of pretense with being dumb.
>>155806272
No it didn't.
>>155806706
>The aliens twist was executed very poorly
No it wasn't.
>>
>>155807516
People are allowed to have opinions anon.
It doesn't take a genius to understand KLK and plenty of people disliked it while simultaneously understanding it.

KLK was average. I don't feel like my time was wasted on it but I certainly wouldn't watch it again
>>
>>155807669
>It doesn't take a genius to understand KLK
Yet many fail to do so.
>and plenty of people disliked it while simultaneously understanding it
Disliking it is one thing. Claiming it was dumb is simply incorrect, unless you want to try to back it up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.